The great packing guide
Before leaving for the festival you need to do some packing, which can be quite the project in itself. Something to keep in mind is that most stuff can be bought at the festival or in Roskilde city so there is no need to overload – you will thank yourself later when you carry that bag to your camp!
Here we will give you a list of 10 basics that you will love yourself for bringing. This list is essential whatever you then chose to follow the low-budget packing list or to go for party and luxury. When these things are in the bag you are good to go no matter what.
The must-pack items
1) Sleeping bag and a tent: Unless you are planning on sleeping under the stars these two items are really must haves.
2) Duct tape: Pretty much EVERYTHING can be fixed with duct tape – and in any case it is a good thing to have when you wanna impress the girls in the neighbour camp or give the guys a quick leg waxing.
3) Comfortable shoes: In risk of sounding like your grandmother, but you will walk a lot – A LOT!
4) A warm sweater or two: Another granny advice, but it does get chilly at night.
5) Practical clothes: One last granny – we promise – but the festival can get dusty or muddy so leave the white and expensive clothes at home!
6) Wet wipes and/or disinfectant: Perfect for a quick hand wash or maybe a greater hygiene session.
7) Sunscreen and rubber boots: Anything can happen so be prepared!
8) Toothbrush and condoms: Essentials if you are planning on exchanging your tent buddy for a more attractive version.
9) Cash and/or payment card: Most stalls accept cards but cash is practical in many situations.
10) Charger for your phone: You can recharge your phone at the in the recharge stalls in the camping area. You could off course also choose to leave your phone at home and just party with people around you all through the festival.
And last but not least: This does not weigh a thing – bring an open mind and positive attitude and you will most definitely have a great festival.