D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29. juni til 6. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Hvor væltede hegnet først i 2013? (Where did the fence get anhialated/crushed/tipped first?)

Written on: 09.07.2013 00:50
Irrelevant
Hegnet væltede jo som bekendt her i 2013. Nu har jeg læst flere steder på nettet at hegnet blev væltet i vest først...

Men os der stod i West 1 væltede hegnet fordi der kom folk løbende ind på camping pladsen fra øst (antog folk i hvert fald - men det var de jo måske ikke) med telte mod C. Det fik folk til at vælte hegnet. (Sådan opfattede jeg det i hvert fald.)

Så... Hvor væltede hegnet i virkeligheden først?

(Awesome google translate for english speakers: The fence toppled, as we know here in 2013. Now I have read several places online that the fence was brought down in the west first...But us who stood in the West 1 toppled fence because people came running into the campsite from the east (assumed people at least - but that were they maybe not) with tents against C. It got people to topple the fence. (How I sensed it, anyway.) So... How toppled fence in fact first?)

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 09.07.2013 at 00:58.]
Written on: 09.07.2013 01:00
L92
the West2 fence fell at 17:30 and within the next 15 mins, the entire G-area was occupied. It was only by 1755 or so they started letting people inside from the east entrances. I did feel sorry for all those patient 'god stil' campers who had to wait while all these fencejumpers put up their camps.. I did hear and see guests who got fined but question is whether that money (3500kr) will ever be paid.
Written on: 09.07.2013 01:14
Irrelevant
So the fence fell at West 2 first? Who were the people who were running on the camp site just before the fence fell? People with special camping previleges?

(Note: It sounded like i was one of those who was leading the fence tipping in my last post. I wasn't. I did observe the chain of events, though. Guess the thought was that if the fence had broken down in east so long ago that people was already appearing at C, it was critical. (Primal thinking... Guess people didn't consider that the news would have spread by sms faster than people could run. Still, during the entire festival i thought the easters had tipped the fence first, so that was why i was surprised reading that it fell in west first, when i checked some news sites out 30 mins ago...))

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 09.07.2013 at 01:21.]
Written on: 09.07.2013 03:25
Coldblooded
Irrelevant wrote:

So the fence fell at West 2 first? Who were the people who were running on the camp site just before the fence fell? People with special camping previleges?

(Note: It sounded like i was one of those who was leading the fence tipping in my last post. I wasn't. I did observe the chain of events, though. Guess the thought was that if the fence had broken down in east so long ago that people was already appearing at C, it was critical. (Primal thinking... Guess people didn't consider that the news would have spread by sms faster than people could run. Still, during the entire festival i thought the easters had tipped the fence first, so that was why i was surprised reading that it fell in west first, when i checked some news sites out 30 mins ago...))

There weren't any people running from East before the fence fell. I was in the West 2 queue and had good vision over the field. If you saw any people running across the field they were most likely from West 2.

A bit annoying that people just couldn't wait 30 meagre minutes and let that be that.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 09.07.2013 at 03:26.]
Written on: 09.07.2013 09:37
Psykruuse
I was in west 1 and from there, we could see a bunch of people running over the bridge coming from east, which then triggered the fence to fall in west 1.
If the fence didnt fall in east first, then where did all those people come from?
Written on: 09.07.2013 12:16
Christian
I was in the middle of West 2 and saw pretty much everything. Someone in the queue ran out into the camping area which made people scream and shout and everyone just got up and pushed forward. Then the fence on the left side (towards the B area) got knocked over and people from the entire left side of the queue just poured out into the camping area.

That really sucked since we were in the middle and been there for almost 12 hours and we got overtaken by lots of people that had only been there for a couple of hours. We still got an awesome place though, right on the corner by the Tuborg truck at the top right of C. We had to go in without an wristband but we went right out and got it after pitching the camp. I had really hoped that it wouldn't be necessary, but it was.

I talked with some guys that did something pretty awesome. They wanted a specific spot and had gotten most of it, but some other guys would not make room for them to be there and they were real assholes about it instead of just finding a solution. But the guys I talked to had been in the front of the line and had gotten wristbands, so they got some festival guards to kick the others out, haha. icon_wink.gif

Anyway, I don't know what you saw, but I am pretty sure that no one went into the camping area before the guys in West 2. I do know that some of the volunteers actually sneak into the camping grounds and hide there with tarps and tents to secure certain areas, so maybe they ran when the fance in West 2 fell, and that was what you saw?

By the way, did you notice that the speaker system went crazy when everyone ran inside? "Fe-fe-fe-fe-festival goers....fe-fe-fe-festival goers without an armband [blah blah]". It was almost like a Sci-fi movie where the big evil computer breaks down as anarchy ensues, haha. icon_wink.gif
Written on: 09.07.2013 12:56
TMaagaard
It was like some sort of police state speaker system from the future trying to control the revolting masses. icon_lol.gif
It is however incredibly annoying that people continue to topple the fence. And as Coldblooded said: Why can't people wait a couple of more minutes?
Another thing that annoys me greatly is the fact that people get up to actually stand in the queue 2-3 hours before 6 pm. Are they trying to tire me out before the running starts? It's impossible. icon_evil.gif
I couldn't quite see the camping fields from my position at West 1 but I got the idea that the fence was knocked over at West 2 first. And as soon as those in the queue at West 1, already stressed from standing up earlier than needed, saw people get in from West 2 they followed suit.
I can't quite think of a way to avoid it other than being way better at fining those running in early.
Written on: 09.07.2013 18:10
Muffe
I was third in line on West 2 entrance, close to the Northeren fence of that entrance. I could not see the bridge from where i was, but I could see both the fences on each side of the west 2 entrance. and there was (what loked like) 1000s of pople inside before the northeren fence on west 2 was jumped. Me and my camp assumed that it was west 1 that had goone. And the guards would not let us thrught, we could not get over the northern fence becouse of the pack of people behind us(we were inside the canals). we qued for 22 hours to be one of the last once in!! pissed me off so bad. I lost 2 days of income for nothing!!
When we saw all these peolpe (assumed from west 1)the guards told us that they were gonna clear the area(just like said in the speakers), so be patient and stay in the que, even when the northern fence of west 2 to was jumped, they cept on saying the same thing, and refuced to let us in. we were standing for well abouw 10 minuts before we could go either way.
I could not belive it.
Its def. my last year quing, it would have been anyways as I have been staying on the bus camp for years but have just helped some friends geting a camp. Is this yet another queing system broken?
Written on: 10.07.2013 00:53
Irrelevant
Coldblooded wrote:

There weren't any people running from East before the fence fell. I was in the West 2 queue and had good vision over the field. If you saw any people running across the field they were most likely from West 2.

Would make sense, but those people were running the opposite way - i.e. towards the C area from the direction of the E area. (In other words, from right to left, when you were in the West 1 waiting area and looked straight forward). So they can't have been from West 2, since West 2 is inside the C area itself.

Anyway, this was just before West 1 fell, and if West 2 fell first, these people were kind of irrelevant anyway. They probably just ran because West 2 had just been breached. I was standing in the right side of West 1 so i couldn't see West 2 at all. Just saw these people running from the east, then people started yelling, and then the action began.

Christian wrote:

Anyway, I don't know what you saw, but I am pretty sure that no one went into the camping area before the guys in West 2. I do know that some of the volunteers actually sneak into the camping grounds and hide there with tarps and tents to secure certain areas, so maybe they ran when the fance in West 2 fell, and that was what you saw?

Ah, ok, that's probably it.

Where i was standing in West 1, everything was "relatively" calm... People were paying attention and were ready, of course, but i don't think we would have broken down the fence if no body else had. How was the atmosphere in West 2? Was it just a few people who did it or was the atmosphere toxic? : )
Written on: 10.07.2013 11:22
Muffe
Were I was, all the way in the front of west 2 the atmosphere was calm. Everybody was sitting down, some was packing stuff onto trolley`s. Then sudanly everything changed in a matter of seconds when we saw hordes of people coming running with tarps and gear from the south, everyone started pushing forwards, and this message over the speakers started. we were standing 3-5 minuts before the northern fence of west to fell behind us.

[This article was edited 6 times, at last 10.07.2013 at 11:24.]
Written on: 11.07.2013 12:54
Coldblooded
Muffe wrote:

Were I was, all the way in the front of west 2 the atmosphere was calm. Everybody was sitting down, some was packing stuff onto trolley`s. Then sudanly everything changed in a matter of seconds when we saw hordes of people coming running with tarps and gear from the south, everyone started pushing forwards, and this message over the speakers started. we were standing 3-5 minuts before the northern fence of west to fell behind us.

I can't really fathom where the people running from the south should have come from. I was sorta forced to run along with the flock of West 2 fencejumpers in order not to get trampled by the stampede of people behind me, and when I got to the bridge, the only traffic across was people running over from West to East, ie. the opposite direction.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 11.07.2013 at 12:55.]

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...