D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29. juni til 6. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Vanvid på Roskilde

Written on: 05.07.2012 02:11
chr kors
Seriøst... Folks sindsyge og anarkistiske opførsel på camping området har igen i år, nået nye højder - hvilket desværre gør warm up knap så fedt.

I dag var der en pige som sked og pissede inde i mit telt... Hvad fanden i helvede sker der? Fik desværre ikke fat i hende, jeg havde seriøst brækket næsen på hende, hvorefter jeg havde klippet hendes armbånd. Nu har jeg måttet tage hjem fra festivalen, for at vaske tøj..

Den anden dag til Frederik Olufsen koncerten, fik en af mine venner en flyvende fyldt dåseøl lige i hovedet. Hvilket gjorde at han blev slået omkuld og at han fik voldsom næseblod - han havde lånt min trøje som self blev ødelagt af blod.

Jeg kunne sagtens skrive om mange flere nederen oplevelser under warm up, men dette gider jeg ikke gøre før efter festivalen..

Allerede sidste år skrev jeg, her i forummet, om at folks opførsel generelt blir værre og værre.. Kan desværre dog ikke se nogen tegn på at Roskilde forsøger at komme problemet til livs?

Written on: 05.07.2012 10:18
Classic rock dude!
chr kors wrote:

Seriøst... Folks sindsyge og anarkistiske opførsel på camping området har igen i år, nået nye højder - hvilket desværre gør warm up knap så fedt.

I dag var der en pige som sked og pissede inde i mit telt... Hvad fanden i helvede sker der? Fik desværre ikke fat i hende, jeg havde seriøst brækket næsen på hende, hvorefter jeg havde klippet hendes armbånd. Nu har jeg måttet tage hjem fra festivalen, for at vaske tøj..

Den anden dag til Frederik Olufsen koncerten, fik en af mine venner en flyvende fyldt dåseøl lige i hovedet. Hvilket gjorde at han blev slået omkuld og at han fik voldsom næseblod - han havde lånt min trøje som self blev ødelagt af blod.

Jeg kunne sagtens skrive om mange flere nederen oplevelser under warm up, men dette gider jeg ikke gøre før efter festivalen..

Allerede sidste år skrev jeg, her i forummet, om at folks opførsel generelt blir værre og værre.. Kan desværre dog ikke se nogen tegn på at Roskilde forsøger at komme problemet til livs?

Please write in English, for a broader discussion. Agree that it is going downhill and that the festival don't seem to care
Written on: 09.07.2012 11:58
Bongo Anders
They did throw out 6 youngsters that behaved badly so something is done.

But the guards can´t monitor every move from 130.000 people.
Written on: 09.07.2012 12:07
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Shitten in your tent is fucked up, but it not a new think. Getting a can in the head is fucked to. But have happen before to also.
And what is it that you want the festival to do? You don’t know how shit in your camp, the festival don’t know it, and then is it hard for the festival to do something about it?
And the can was at the festival area, so it hard for ppl not to have beers.

I am not saying what happen is ok, I am just saying it is a part of it and has been always, but well if you have a solution I am sure the festival will love to hear it.
Written on: 09.07.2012 14:46
signe
I totally agree with Chr Kors. This year seemed more "extreme" than the other years. I have been a loyal guest to Roskilde Festival for the past five years and I felt that a lot of the behaviour this year was REALLY unacceptable. Two times I woke up during the night by the sound of a person trying to get into my tent. And one day I caught two boys going through my friend tent. After four days in the warmup my camps pavilion's was totally smashed and useless plus someone had stolen our flag. Some of our campchairs were stolen after one day and they were even hidden in one of our tents.
Yes I know that Roskilde is that one week were you get to cut yourself loose BUT it is not synonymous with being a total fucking dickhead. Stealing is NOT cool. Smashing other people things is NOT cool. Throwing beercans at other people is NOT cool. Peeing/shitting/puking up against other peoples tents is NOT cool. I do not know what Roskilde Festival can do about this problem which seems to increase year by year. But come on people. With all respect, GET YOUR FUCKING ACT TOGETHER!

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 09.07.2012 at 14:48.]
Written on: 09.07.2012 16:06
Classic rock dude!
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Shitten in your tent is fucked up, but it not a new think. Getting a can in the head is fucked to. But have happen before to also.
And what is it that you want the festival to do? You don’t know how shit in your camp, the festival don’t know it, and then is it hard for the festival to do something about it?
And the can was at the festival area, so it hard for ppl not to have beers.

I am not saying what happen is ok, I am just saying it is a part of it and has been always, but well if you have a solution I am sure the festival will love to hear it.

I saw two cans been thrown during concerts, and heard someone had to get stitches. I also saw plenty of morons throwing beers at artists.

Banning cans at the festival area as they've done with bottles would be a start.

Regarding the problems with people misbehaving at the camping area- they got to find a solution or else only the dickheads will be going to RF in the future. So: Start thinking people- what can be done?
Written on: 09.07.2012 18:12
Theis
Guards with paintball guns using skin-etching flourescent green ink. Should mark those suckers for later "punishment".
Written on: 09.07.2012 18:29
zoon_67
Raise the age limit might make some change, say 18 for the camp site area. But how many would buy the RF ticket then, no idea...
Written on: 09.07.2012 19:06
Coldblooded
zoon_67 wrote:

Raise the age limit might make some change, say 18 for the camp site area. But how many would buy the RF ticket then, no idea...

I don't think it would matter. Idiots come in all ages and sizes. I've seen more reasonable 15-17 year olds than others. We have a grandfather in our camp, aged 44. 3 out of his four children frequents Roskilde now. One is aged 14 and tags along with his father. Doesn't drink, of course. The two others are 17 and 22 respectively (it's the oldest who also has a child himself). I think it would be a shame to bar two of those access because some people think that Roskilde should be a hooligan hangaround instead of a party place.

I think these incidents need to be visible somehow instead to show people the consequences of their behaviour. Shame goes a long way in making people comply with commonsensical and general societal rules, and if it just goes on unnoticed, no-one will end up giving a shit. I'm not saying that Roskilde needs to be the most well-behaved festival, but throwing full or half-full beer cans is just outright stupid. It's blatant violence, nothing else.
Written on: 09.07.2012 19:58
Kaneda
Actually experienced a much more considerate (and yet somewhat more considerately anarchistic) audience this year. It varies from year to year, although yes, both 2010 and 2011 the audience annoyed me to no end.

Agree with Coldblooded that age limits are not the way to go - this coming from a guy who first went at 16 - that's 19 festivals ago. I think I've had more jackass twenty-somethings than teens in those years.

Still, finding this hard to discuss general solutions without labelling people and inciting a flame war. Suffice to say that, as mentioned in previous years, I don't think the festival's choice of target groups helps on the experience. Not sure there's any way out of that now, though.
Written on: 09.07.2012 20:14
Christian
Kaneda wrote:

Still, finding this hard to discuss general solutions without labelling people and inciting a flame war. Suffice to say that, as mentioned in previous years, I don't think the festival's choice of target groups helps on the experience. Not sure there's any way out of that now, though.

Quoted for truth.

The festival started the avalanche of douchebags with some really stupid choices, and now we are all suffering. Of course the party-culture over the last couple of years have also influenced the development of the Roskilde spirit.

The festival used to "belong" to a select crowd that took care of it. Now everyone wants to party for a week straight (and more than once a year) and the festival is just another place that cateres to that desire.

It is a business that needs money to survive and the proceeds even goes to charity so I really like that it makes a lot of money, but if they cut back on the stuff that attracts douchebags like mojito-stands everywhere and a f*cking fashion column in the festival newspaper, then perhaps it would be more like it was ten years ago.

But then again...I like Gringo Bar and I want to the festival to make as much money as possible to donate to charity and the douchebags unfortunately brings a lot of money with them to the festival...

I am truly conflicted about this...

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 09.07.2012 at 20:15.]
Written on: 09.07.2012 20:49
Christian Forslund
The festival preach that everything is possible, which leads to a there-is-no-limit thinking among many festivalgoers who can't just because there is no specific rule against a thing does not mean you should do it. People thinking Roskilde is an extreme party, so they should act extreme.

I didn't spend a lot of time at the camping area, but I did hear about guys starting fights and firing fireworks at camps. I hear some people got a warning in their wristband for druguse (a very minor offence in my opinion), I think they should expand that to other unacceptable behaviour, and then the festival should stress that there is limits to acceptable behaviour and they could get a warning or even get banned from the festival if they fight steal or do other completely unacceptable things.

And age does not have anything to do with it, as I'm quite sure that the 15-18 yearss old are by no means the worst troubemakers.

But everywhere with extreme drinking, some drugs and 110000 people there will be problems no matter what.
Written on: 09.07.2012 20:52
Psykruuse
There is nothing we can do about it thats not allready being done without taking rather extreme measures.
Banning cans would, to me, be extreme as the amount of can-throwing morons gotta be insignificantly small compared to how many people actually bring cans to the stage area.
We cant ban cigarettes either just because a few blow smoke in someone elses face.

When a huge amount of people is gathered at a very small area shit is eventually bound to happen.

Written on: 09.07.2012 21:19
Coldblooded
I propose a campaign where we make the consequences visible. There's a very tiny amount of people who'd like to take responsibility for ruining other people's festival experience. Showing people what can and will happen if you hit somebody in the head with a full beercan maybe will help people to think before they act violent like that.

Maybe a festival DO and DON'T with added real life stories from the festival participants.

A DO could perhaps be to bring a few extra cups of water with you into the crowd when collecting from the front of the stage or the pits. I always do this, and there's always a grateful soul thumbing up back to me with an approving nod.

A DO could be to help your neighbours with pitching their tents and managing space to fit everybody in. Makes for a friendly atmosphere inbetween camps mostly, I'd say.

A DO could be to keep your soundsystem at a decent level, play music at reasonable hours and keep the noise somewhat contained within the vicinity of your camp instead of blasting shit at full tilt 24/7.

A DON'T could be to throw full cans. It's violence, not fun.

A DON'T could be to harass the refund collectors. Most of them are just doing a job nobody else wants.

A DON'T could be to piss or shit inside a goddamn camp. I've heard quite a few stories about this. Most perpetrators were drunk girls who couldn't suck their pride up to go to the poop forts around the camping site (flame on, but you know it's true).

Y'know. All this stuff is probably in the Camp Codex anyways, but nobody bothers to read it, because the thing is so superficial without REAL festival stories from REAL people to back it up. I'll rethink the entire thing for you, RF. Just say the damn word.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 09.07.2012 at 21:20.]
Written on: 09.07.2012 22:23
Mikkel Storgaard Knudsen
Martin Horn; silence isn't necessarily consent, but you aren't making a very good cause for your argument,
How in your right mind can you say that getting socked in the back of your head is "orange feeling"?
If it's possible to arrange and book +200 artists and groups, it should be possible to make even a little effort to reduce all the horrid stuff at the camps.

Violence, thievery and vandalism simply isn't acceptable, and Roskilde Festival should do a serious campaign for increasing empathy in among all the guests.
Telling the victims to suck up the damake never helped any cause.
Where would you put the line? Maybe that you're sorry that someone kind of tried to burn down your tent, but that is to be expected - you are at Roskilde!

Come on, it should be easy, and I'm sure that A LOT of people would be willing to help.
Written on: 10.07.2012 00:15
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Mikkel Storgaard Knudsen wrote:

Martin Horn; silence isn't necessarily consent, but you aren't making a very good cause for your argument,
How in your right mind can you say that getting socked in the back of your head is "orange feeling"?
If it's possible to arrange and book +200 artists and groups, it should be possible to make even a little effort to reduce all the horrid stuff at the camps.

Violence, thievery and vandalism simply isn't acceptable, and Roskilde Festival should do a serious campaign for increasing empathy in among all the guests.
Telling the victims to suck up the damake never helped any cause.
Where would you put the line? Maybe that you're sorry that someone kind of tried to burn down your tent, but that is to be expected - you are at Roskilde!

Come on, it should be easy, and I'm sure that A LOT of people would be willing to help.

Wtf Mikkel? Where did I say it was orange feeling? Where didt I say it was not wrong? But when no one is seeing it happening it is hard to do stuff. Plz read what I am writing!
And in try to come up whit a solution and not just saying it is wrong. All know it is wrong to shit in another man’s tent, that don’t fix the problem, but hey if you know a way to make sure drunk ppl never fuckes up, and think all want to know how.
Written on: 10.07.2012 00:19
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Christian Forslund wrote:

The festival preach that everything is possible, which leads to a there-is-no-limit thinking among many festivalgoers who can't just because there is no specific rule against a thing does not mean you should do it. People thinking Roskilde is an extreme party, so they should act extreme.

I didn't spend a lot of time at the camping area, but I did hear about guys starting fights and firing fireworks at camps. I hear some people got a warning in their wristband for druguse (a very minor offence in my opinion), I think they should expand that to other unacceptable behaviour, and then the festival should stress that there is limits to acceptable behaviour and they could get a warning or even get banned from the festival if they fight steal or do other completely unacceptable things.

And age does not have anything to do with it, as I'm quite sure that the 15-18 yearss old are by no means the worst troubemakers.

But everywhere with extreme drinking, some drugs and 110000 people there will be problems no matter what.

That is being done, all deeding of the offence you can get a warning wristband or thrown out. Ppl was thrown out for fighting. So if is seen, reported and the persons caught the festival react
Written on: 10.07.2012 10:27
Classic rock dude!
Been saying this for many years- RF needs to implement a "one strike, you're out" policy. The stakes are too high to be nice and cuddly with those who don't behave and thus don't belong.

And I mean what I say: Throw a burger at a concert (at people) out, beer out etc

Written on: 10.07.2012 11:47
Christian Forslund
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Christian Forslund wrote:

That is being done, all deeding of the offence you can get a warning wristband or thrown out. Ppl was thrown out for fighting. So if is seen, reported and the persons caught the festival react

It is good to hear that there can be consequences, but I think then, that Roskilde should communicate these consequences better. They seem to want to be nice and formulate like 'You should not do this', 'but you will be banned from the festival if you do this', will make some people realise that it's not just in the festivals interest but also in your own interest to behave. I know it is not in the festival spirit to formulate such rules, but it might be nessesary.
Written on: 10.07.2012 18:03
chr kors
Roskilde burde igangsætte en kampagne mod tyveri, chikane og generel dårlig opførsel. Det er det eneste jeg umiddelbart kan komme med af løsninger.

Om end det kan være svært for RF at kontrollere dets deltageres opførsel på campingpladsen, så er det ikke desto mindre et problem RF bør tage alvorligt fat om.
Hvis RF bliver ved med at fraskrive sig ansvaret for folks opførsel, vil RFs image (som campingplads) gradvist blive værre og værre - det er hverken festivalens deltagere eller RF interesseret i.

I L hvor jeg boede, var der ingen tvivl om at de 16-21 årige drenge var dem som opførte værst. Drenge på den alder forstår simpelthen ikke, at megafoner (råbe folk ind i hovedet), vandgeværer (hvor der skydes på folk som kommer slæbende på 50kg+ oppakning), leg med fodbolde (hvor der skydes langt og hårdt ind blandt andre deltagere - som ofte rammes) ikke er noget alle synes er lige sjovt.
Det skal dog siges, at der er en klar overvægt af 16-21årige i L, hvilket naturligvis har farvet mit indtryk af hvem der chikanerer andre deltagere.
Written on: 11.07.2012 13:29
Gitte Bjerring-Jensen
I do agree in what most people in here have stated. Unfortunately the society is turning in a direction where egoismn is - the king of pop - so to speak..

I just dont think you can make campains to prevent it.. its a social problem, beyond Roskilde Festival camp site. As Roskilde allready does, is to encurage people to - use the camp codex - and to behave.. even at the RF.

I do not think an age limit on the camping site is going to solve the problem.. But maybe camp bookings (area bookings) would do it.

A limitation in the "soundsystems", like how loud you are allowed to play.. or only music boxes without sub..

L - area is crazy... That's why people who are more mature and a bit older, are moving to P - J - M - areas instead..

We must respect there wishes too, to party like that.. Even though we do not understand it.

I do agree, that something should be done!.. Personally I think it would help with more focus on other genres on the stages than electronic music... or even hip-hop.. since people - dont give a fuck - ... attitude..

I do believe RF has work to do.. I have never in my entire RF history seen people behave so badly against each other.. NEVER,, !..

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 12.07.2012 at 17:12.]
Written on: 11.07.2012 14:40
happykitteh
Like Roskildes THINK campaign, they should launch one regarding the so called kardemommeby law - "Man skal ikke plage andre, man skal være grei og snill, og for øvrig kan man gjøre hva man vil" Which means, You should not hassle others, you should always be nice and good, and for the rest you can do what you please.
This has always been an underlying rule at Roskilde, and what I have loved about it. My seventh year was probably one of the best ones, but I must say the amount of thievery and vandalism was very high.

Keep the orange feeling, which for me is free love and unity disregarding age, sex or skincolour. I heard my neighbours talk about stealing stuff, and justifying it with "this is roskilde, this is what we do". That is NOT Roskilde, stealing is still stealing!

I must say that there could be more containers so that people can give away they're used stuff like sleepingbags, tents etc. One mans trash is another mans treasure. It was actually very sad to see my whole "neighbourhood" being beat to pieces on sunday night. And on monday there are always many people collecting the stuff we don't want, so let them have them without destroying it first! That part is so anti-roskilde, and anti-green, and if I may say, anti-orange.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 11.07.2012 at 14:41.]
Written on: 11.07.2012 17:49
Classic rock dude!
On my way home I saw a young man trashing his (presumably) tent. A nice tent that cost a lot of money.

It seemed perfectly fine to me; until that prick went to work that is.

He has every right to be a dickhead and do what he did, but there are lots of people in this world who could really have needed that tent.

Written on: 11.07.2012 22:16
Gitte Bjerring-Jensen
Top Secret Identity wrote:

On my way home I saw a young man trashing his (presumably) tent. A nice tent that cost a lot of money.

It seemed perfectly fine to me; until that prick went to work that is.

He has every right to be a dickhead and do what he did, but there are lots of people in this world who could really have needed that tent.

Shame really !.. he could have donated it instead..
Written on: 11.07.2012 22:41
gixbit
Sorry to hear what some of you experience at the camping area. Since i stay at the caravan camp nowadays i don't have those kind of problems. No one destorys their trailer.

But I must say that at the festivagrounds i still get the same vibe as i did at my first festival 1992. The atmosphere is great, everyone is friendly, you can easily began to talk to unknowns, there's a variety in ages, not much pushing before shows. And maybe the most important of all; you can very often see that the bands take notion of the feeling in the crowd and deliver great shows from the buzz in front of them.

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 11.07.2012 at 22:43.]

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...