D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27. juni til 4. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with no new replies

THE WINNER OF THE ROUND 2

Written on: 25.04.2012 22:34
Martin Horn Pedersen
She did a great job, and was the only one to have all 15 guess so songratulations anne_kristensen your are going to Roskilde icon_smile.gif

Plz say a hallo in here icon_smile.gif
Written on: 25.04.2012 22:39
Anne Kristensen
Wooohoooooo - that's great news!

.....and Halloicon_wink.gif
Written on: 25.04.2012 23:58
Martin Horn Pedersen
Can you tell us a bit about you self? In a roskilde/music way? All this startet like a small forum game.. so we knew the ppl gussing.. and now you are just a Anne who won.. I miss some of the old fealing.. so if you dont mind?
Written on: 26.04.2012 08:23
permanden
Hi Martin,

I guess I might be the one telling something, as I 'tricked' her into guessing in the quiz. As I told in another post, Anne is my girlfriend (wife actually).

This year will be my 11th time at Roskilde, and I have followed this forum for quite a while - especially the notorious Guess Band Quiz. And I have been quite impressed by the guessing, but I have never had the guts to make my own guesses. At least until last year, when suddenly a ticket came at stake. And I did a terrible job.

Annes first Roskilde was in 2007, and even though there were mud everywhere, she found it funny. But as we have created a future Roskilde-goer since then, her festivals have been very much part-time since. But that might change with the trophy.

For the guessing this year I thought the approach should be a bit different than last year. It seemed to me that most people guessed on what they want for the festival, and not what is realistic. And as there are only 6-8 headliners there must be a bigger chance guessing the bands with smaller letters. And you need some of those to be able to guess all 15.

Therefore a hunt for those bands was started. And after I had spend 5-6 evenings listening to South-African Hip-Hop, Australian Gypsy Deathcore and studying tourplans, Anne got curious and joined the hunt. And we of course shared our findings, added the 'confirmed' bands like Jack White, Alison Krauss etc, and then we had some bands we disagreed about, which is why we created our own guesses instead of sticking to one.

It was really amazing that she guessed all 15, and I must admit, I am a bit jealous, because it should be me, as the one with most festival-experience, who had the most right answers. But I found a lot of bands in the process, and both Spoek Mathambo and The Barons of Tang are on my must-see list now - bands I hardly believe I would have seen otherwise.

And then I will thank you for spending time on this quiz. It has been fun and educational, and if you ever stop by E and find some guys playing crocket, then please say hi.

Best regards,
Per

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 26.04.2012 at 08:24.]
Written on: 26.04.2012 10:08
Martin Horn Pedersen
Hej Per

Thx for the story. It is stuff like that makes the time spend on the quiz worth it icon_smile.gif

2007 was also my first year, but there was something magic over Roskilde, so I had to come back and see it whit out the mud and rain.

The work you to have spent on it, makes we glad that it was one of you 2 that won icon_smile.gif

I would love to drop by, and meen music lovers and have to go to west one time at the festival icon_wink.gif but finding ppl playing crocket might be hard, so if you a visited drop me a msg whit a phone number and I will give a call when around ( facebookhornpedersen[dot]dk )
Written on: 26.04.2012 10:27
Aleg-One
It's funny how everything about Roskilde evolves and progresses. The first year I attended the Guess Bands Quiz (it was hosted by the user Camp West Burger Joint back then), there were only about 20 participants, and I won the quiz with only 5 or 6 correct guesses.

So to see this years winner, with 15 correct guesses. Well, that's just awesome!

Congratulations!
Written on: 26.04.2012 11:46
Martin Horn Pedersen
To Anne:

I just spoke whit the festival, you have to send a mail to ahrroskilde-festival[dot]dk whit your contact infomation
Written on: 03.05.2012 13:15
CampWestBurgerJoint
Aleg-One wrote:

It's funny how everything about Roskilde evolves and progresses. The first year I attended the Guess Bands Quiz (it was hosted by the user Camp West Burger Joint back then), there were only about 20 participants, and I won the quiz with only 5 or 6 correct guesses.

So to see this years winner, with 15 correct guesses. Well, that's just awesome!

Congratulations!

Classic Roskilde Festival style, usual band wagon-jumping peeps who just pry on users like myself and Så Scorede Lyngby Sgu's ideas icon_biggrin.gif

I guess I'm glad to see the concept catching on like it has nowadays - round of applause to Martin for maintaining and monitoring the competition - God knows that takes a lot more time than actually competing in it. And to anne_kristensen> congratulations, and enjoy your 2012 Roskilde.

(PS: I ought to change my handle to "Camp East Burger Joint" as I work out there nowadays - feel free to drop by during warmups icon_cool.gif)

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...