D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27. juni til 4. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

2014 acts sorted by genre

Written on: 11.03.2014 09:51
Christian Forslund
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

From the facebook post about the linup tv show:

"Kenneth M. Tygesen Then get us some bigger rock headliners. You got a lot of Rap and electro now.
Synes godt om · Svar · 43 · for 21 timer siden

Roskilde Festival Kenneth M. Tygesen, you got it!
Synes godt om · 26 · for 20 timer siden"

So sounds like there is more rock on the way

Yes I saw it, and I gave it a like icon_smile.gif . Maybe tomorrows announcements include something good.
Written on: 11.03.2014 10:19
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Christian Forslund wrote:

"Kenneth M. Tygesen Then get us some bigger rock headliners. You got a lot of Rap and electro now.

Yes I saw it, and I gave it a like icon_smile.gif . Maybe tomorrows announcements include something good.

Have we been told that we get somethink tomorrow? (not saying we are not if haven´t)
Written on: 11.03.2014 10:24
Christian Forslund

Have we been told that we get somethink tomorrow? (not saying we are not if haven´t)

Yes. I asked in the releaseposter thread yesterday, and RF confirmed that there will be new names tomorrow. I haven't seen any teaser though.
Written on: 11.03.2014 10:45
Bongo Anders

If I guess, who will play Orange, then I get this list:
Arctic Monkeys
Kasabian
Rob Zombie
Major Lazer
Trentemøller
Damon Albarn
Outkast
Interpol (maybe)
Rob Zombie (maybe, but would probably fit Arena better).

In that case I don't see any rockbands at all playing Arena unless Interpol is 'downgraded' to Arena og Psyched up Janis is bigger than I think. So it still seems like rock is overlooked.

If Interpol and Zombie plays at Arena there will be 7 more Orange names to be announced.

On your list there is 9 acts and on a normal Roskilde year there are 14 orange concerts so even though Interpol and Zombie stays on Orange there will be 5 more names to be announced for that stages.
Written on: 11.03.2014 10:52
Christian Forslund
Hmm icon_redface.gif it seems I mentioned Rob Zombie twice, so instead this is the list:

Arctic Monkeys
Kasabian
Major Lazer
Trentemøller
Damon Albarn
Outkast
Interpol (maybe)

So 6-8 acts on Orange so far, then there will be a lot of bands left for Orange, if my guesses are correct (I would expect 15 bands on Orange since they have had three bands on thursday for the last two years).

Could any hiphop bands besides Outkast be big enough for Orange? I don't know a lot about that genre, but it seems, that they have found some popular hiphop bands this year.
Written on: 11.03.2014 11:21
Bongo Anders
That is correct, they had that Swedish supergroup on last year.

So 14-15 orange stage in total if they also do that this year.
Written on: 11.03.2014 11:28
Coldblooded

Hmm icon_redface.gif it seems I mentioned Rob Zombie twice, so instead this is the list:

Arctic Monkeys
Kasabian
Major Lazer
Trentemøller
Damon Albarn
Outkast
Interpol (maybe)

So 6-8 acts on Orange so far, then there will be a lot of bands left for Orange, if my guesses are correct (I would expect 15 bands on Orange since they have had three bands on thursday for the last two years).

Could any hiphop bands besides Outkast be big enough for Orange? I don't know a lot about that genre, but it seems, that they have found some popular hiphop bands this year.

I don't think any of the rappers on their own are big enough to take on Orange Stage. They're at best Arena or Avalon names, like Wiz Khalifa or Big Boi were the past years.

However, you forgot the Orange stage opener on Thursday. Mø is the obvious choice here – she was coincidentially also the first name booked. So if she's indeed the opener, cross that one off too.

Damon Albarn could maybe be one of those cases where a headliner is better suited for Arena, like PJ Harvey or Bon Iver in 11/12.
Written on: 11.03.2014 11:37
Christian Forslund
Coldblooded wrote:

Arctic Monkeys
Kasabian
Major Lazer
Trentemøller
Damon Albarn
Outkast
Interpol (maybe)

I don't think any of the rappers on their own are big enough to take on Orange Stage. They're at best Arena or Avalon names, like Wiz Khalifa or Big Boi were the past years.

However, you forgot the Orange stage opener on Thursday. Mø is the obvious choice here – she was coincidentially also the first name booked. So if she's indeed the opener, cross that one off too.

Damon Albarn could maybe be one of those cases where a headliner is better suited for Arena, like PJ Harvey or Bon Iver in 11/12.

You are quite right, that I forgot that one of the bands are the owner. I had guessed for Mø to play on Arena, but she might be the opener. One way or another it means one less spot on Orange. I thought about Damon Albarn as being similar to Jack White as someone with a new solocareer, who also have songs from his revious two big bands (where Bur and Gorillaz are bigger than JW's old bands), so that might work well on Orange.
Written on: 11.03.2014 12:14
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Most years some of the day time bands on Orange is not that big name, so I think we will se 1-2 days names play there
Written on: 11.03.2014 12:25
Bongo Anders
but we are still missing 2 big names, one for the 22:00 slot on Saturday and one to close it all on Sunday.

My prediction is still that Arctic Monkeys will have the big slot on Thursday and then Outkast will have the same time on Friday.

Among the hiphoppers I would say that Pusha T and Chance The Rapper will be at Arena and then Earl, Dilated etc will be at Avalon and Pavilion.
Written on: 12.03.2014 06:48
Bakke
None of those rappers can be put on orange (except Outkast ofc).

Rock (Punk, Alternative, Shoegazer etc)
Arctic Monkeys
Interpol
Kasabian

Electronic (Trance, House, Electro, EDM, Dubsteb, Techno etc):
Chromeo
Kavinsky
Major Lazer

Pop´ish (Pop, indie, etc)
Damon Albarn

Rap/HipHop:
Dilated Peoples
Earl Sweatshirt
Pusha T
Outkast

World Music (I hate that moniker myself but let that pass, I also put Americana in here):
Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit

Looking good, especially looking forward to Jason Isbell whom I think is very, very underappreciated. Southeastern was a magnificent album.

Kavinsky & Outkast are also top notch signings.

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 12.03.2014 at 06:49.]
Written on: 12.03.2014 10:08
Bongo Anders
I have updated the thread

There are now 90 bands in total divided into 58 in the ordinary programme, 15 at Apollo Coundown and 17 at Roskilde Rising.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 24.03.2014 at 22:41.]
Written on: 03.04.2014 22:03
Bongo Anders
So the thread has been updated with the poster release.

I counted 90 acts and we got 67 yesterday.

But Roskilde said there was 89 acts revealed before the poster so I think that my misunderstanding came from the Psyke Project/Helhorse thing that is somewhat counted as one even though they are listed seperately on the poster.

So there are 155 bands on the poster atm.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 24.04.2014 at 11:49.]

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...