Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Rokia Traoré ,Numbers (Rustie, Jackmaster, ONEMAN, Spencer, Deadboy, Redinho and SOPHIE MSMSMSM) ,Jack Bugg , Hatebreed and Kendrick Lamar added to the program


Author Message
Written on: 20.02.2013 09:15
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1268
Now we got the first name Rokia Traoré, and Roskilde said on the facebook that it was the first announcement out of five.. next is 10.00
Written on: 20.02.2013 10:37
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1268
and Give it up for Numbers - a Scottish electronic label who bring 7 acts to Roskilde Festival 2013: Rustie, Jackmaster, ONEMAN, Spencer (Numbers), Deadboy, Redinho and SOPHIE MSMSMSM.

lots of names to day
Written on: 20.02.2013 10:44
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1268
I guess the Numbers act will be for Apollo/Apollo countdown? Or what do you guys say? Ruslabox? And are the good?
Written on: 20.02.2013 11:06
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1268
And Jack Bugg
Written on: 20.02.2013 11:34
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Rokia Traore is very good
Written on: 20.02.2013 11:36
Wallu
Posts: 712
Do I need a new profile name? wrote:

Rokia Traore is very good


+1
Written on: 20.02.2013 12:12
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1268
Hatebreed!

Dam dam dam... icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 20.02.2013 13:02
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1268
And Kendrick Lamar
Written on: 20.02.2013 13:05
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
Damn I didn't see that coming with the other names announced today.
Written on: 20.02.2013 17:38
Christian Forslund
Posts: 342
Interesting bookings today with a little bit for everyone. I have added Hatebreed and Jake Bugg to my like to see list, I'm versatile icon_smile.gif

Is Kendrick Lamar a headliner? A lot of people asked for him, and the releasepost on FB already has more likes than any release except Rihanna (even Slipknot and Qotsa), so he might be popular enough.
Written on: 20.02.2013 18:38
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1268
Christian Forslund wrote:

Interesting bookings today with a little bit for everyone. I have added Hatebreed and Jake Bugg to my like to see list, I'm versatile icon_smile.gif

Is Kendrick Lamar a headliner? A lot of people asked for him, and the releasepost on FB already has more likes than any release except Rihanna (even Slipknot and Qotsa), so he might be popular enough.


It is hard to say.. Bon Iver was a headliner, so he can be.. but think he will be a subheadliner.. but it all depens on what big names are left for us.. he is not a 100% headliner like Slipknot
Written on: 20.02.2013 19:14
elGrand
Posts: 266
This is excellent additions to the poster. It's starting to get a very hectic concert program for me, alot of interesting acts. Lamar a headliner? As Martin said, not a secure one. But Roskilde have put Kings of Leon and Mastodon as headliner before. All I know is that after his next album he'll definitely will be. I hope they'll set him as subliner this year though icon_wink.gif
Written on: 20.02.2013 19:21
Manowar
Posts: 15
Indtil videre er det røv og nøgler/until now it's ass and keys (danish phrase for shit).
Written on: 20.02.2013 19:35
elGrand
Posts: 266
Manowar wrote:

Indtil videre er det røv og nøgler/until now it's ass and keys (danish phrase for shit).


http://static.tumblr.com/v4vvd40/m75lmpfhe/tumblr_llgaeahjah1qiyqyfo1_500.gif
Written on: 20.02.2013 21:12
Ruslabox
Posts: 168
Huge pleasant surprise from the electronic side with Numbers! I have been listening a lot to these artists lately (and even more today) and I'm really fascinated by the variety and sheer quality that these guys produce.

I'm pretty sure Apollo Countdown will be the same concept as last year, presenting young/upcoming scandinavian acts in the same way as Pavillion Junior, so these guys will be playing the actual festival. It will probably be something like the Amsterdance or Causa Sui label showcase last year, with the artists playing in prolongation of each other in one continuous show. Also they will probably play a closing spot at Apollo since Roskilde describes the show as "an electronic evening without genre restrictions".

And without restrictions it will surely be. Short introduction to the artist one by one:

Oneman Hasn't released any tunes of his own as far as i know. His DJ sets are uncompromisingly good however. This guy is simply a great selector and DJ with a broad taste in music - he spans everything from contemporary deep harlem-style hiphop (wouldn't be surprised if he dropped an A$AP rocky tune) to house and techno.

Redinho First found out about this guy today and man is he good! Artists like Machinedrum and Addison Groove have been bringing the juke genre out of the shadows lately, and Redinho's melodic and robot-ish take on the genre is sure to get ANY crowd dancing like nuts!

Jackmaster Label boss (and runs three other labels i think). He's just one of those guys who really, really REALLY loves dance music. Great DJ and record collector who always brings smiles and good times with his flawless mixing of old and new in his DJ sets. Also doesn't give a fuck about genres - he easily mixes R&B and house without flinching.

Sophie New to the label, only released two tracks so far (co-produced by Jackmaster i think) Both sound amazing, Jackmaster's dub version of "Nothing More To Say" is an instant recognisable classic! Listen to it once and you'll have that hook stuck in your head for the next week.

Spencer Honestly haven't listened to any of his mixes, can't say too much. Sticks to house and techno as far as i know.

Rustie Rustie is, well... Rustie. Nothing quite like him and his almost impossibly happy videogame-like productions. With his debut album "Glass Swords" in 2011 he went completely his own way. It was the longest Pitchfork review I have ever read, and I won't even start to try to describe it. One of the most original EDM producers of this decade so far, no doubt about that! If you somehow haven't heard of him yet go check him out. You'll probably wrinkle your nose first time like I did, but when you come back and give it another chance you'll be enthralled by the sheer happiness and carelessness that his productions radiate.

Also, Kendrick Lamar is a great addition! Saw him last week in Vega, really great performer (although he was obviously a bit tired from touring)!
Written on: 20.02.2013 23:35
weiss
Posts: 1261
Manowar wrote:

Indtil videre er det røv og nøgler/until now it's ass and keys (danish phrase for shit).


How on earth can you have a Manowar name/picture and call THIS program shit?!

I assume you must be a metal-fan! Subgenres or not this years metalprogram is extremely good objectively seen!
Written on: 21.02.2013 11:41
Mr. Monster
Posts: 944
weiss wrote:

Manowar wrote:

Indtil videre er det røv og nøgler/until now it's ass and keys (danish phrase for shit).


How on earth can you have a Manowar name/picture and call THIS program shit?!

I assume you must be a metal-fan! Subgenres or not this years metalprogram is extremely good objectively seen!


if you're into more old school metal where the vocals are sung as opposed to screamed/yelled/growled it's not all that great this year.
Written on: 21.02.2013 12:17
weiss
Posts: 1261
Mr. Monster wrote:

weiss wrote:

Manowar wrote:

Indtil videre er det røv og nøgler/until now it's ass and keys (danish phrase for shit).


How on earth can you have a Manowar name/picture and call THIS program shit?!

I assume you must be a metal-fan! Subgenres or not this years metalprogram is extremely good objectively seen!


if you're into more old school metal where the vocals are sung as opposed to screamed/yelled/growled it's not all that great this year.


Sure thing - but then it's hard to ever get satisfied. Roskilde doesn't rarely book old school metal beside Maiden. Maybe we were lucky with bands like Ghost. But still you got Volbeat, Kreator and the new Slipknot has alot of clean vocals.

Metal today is what it is. And most of the time it's screaming and growls etc. But of course, they could book Orchid, Witchcraft, Enforcer, Bullet and so on from the new retro-wave but it's not that popular.

My biggest wish though in 2013 is Sabaton.
Written on: 21.02.2013 13:23
Mr. Monster
Posts: 944
weiss wrote:

Mr. Monster wrote:

weiss wrote:

Manowar wrote:

Indtil videre er det røv og nøgler/until now it's ass and keys (danish phrase for shit).


How on earth can you have a Manowar name/picture and call THIS program shit?!

I assume you must be a metal-fan! Subgenres or not this years metalprogram is extremely good objectively seen!


if you're into more old school metal where the vocals are sung as opposed to screamed/yelled/growled it's not all that great this year.


Sure thing - but then it's hard to ever get satisfied. Roskilde doesn't rarely book old school metal beside Maiden. Maybe we were lucky with bands like Ghost. But still you got Volbeat, Kreator and the new Slipknot has alot of clean vocals.

Metal today is what it is. And most of the time it's screaming and growls etc. But of course, they could book Orchid, Witchcraft, Enforcer, Bullet and so on from the new retro-wave but it's not that popular.

My biggest wish though in 2013 is Sabaton.


If you only into clean metal vocals, you only got Volbeat so far this year. I was just trying to make the point that you can be totally into Manowar and still hate most of the metal program this year.

Personally I can't wait to see Volbeat and Kreator and will definitely enjoy Hatebreed and Kvelertak too. Slipknot is imo the most overrated metal band around, but they are huge and of course a good booking by RF.

I'm totally with you on Sabaton (together with Airbourne and Rival Sons - pretty sure you will agree to that).
Written on: 21.02.2013 14:28
Fabio86
Posts: 37
Well, with Kendrick Lamar on the poster I won't be complaining about the rap-lineup, no matter what the future bookings will be or not be.

Sure, I'm hoping for one or two veteran/legendary rapper or rap-group too, but with the best AND the most popular rap-artist atm playing, everything else will be a bonus!

icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 21.02.2013 15:37
weiss
Posts: 1261
Mr. Monster wrote:

weiss wrote:

Mr. Monster wrote:

weiss wrote:

Manowar wrote:

Indtil videre er det røv og nøgler/until now it's ass and keys (danish phrase for shit).


How on earth can you have a Manowar name/picture and call THIS program shit?!

I assume you must be a metal-fan! Subgenres or not this years metalprogram is extremely good objectively seen!


if you're into more old school metal where the vocals are sung as opposed to screamed/yelled/growled it's not all that great this year.


Sure thing - but then it's hard to ever get satisfied. Roskilde doesn't rarely book old school metal beside Maiden. Maybe we were lucky with bands like Ghost. But still you got Volbeat, Kreator and the new Slipknot has alot of clean vocals.

Metal today is what it is. And most of the time it's screaming and growls etc. But of course, they could book Orchid, Witchcraft, Enforcer, Bullet and so on from the new retro-wave but it's not that popular.

My biggest wish though in 2013 is Sabaton.


If you only into clean metal vocals, you only got Volbeat so far this year. I was just trying to make the point that you can be totally into Manowar and still hate most of the metal program this year.

Personally I can't wait to see Volbeat and Kreator and will definitely enjoy Hatebreed and Kvelertak too. Slipknot is imo the most overrated metal band around, but they are huge and of course a good booking by RF.

I'm totally with you on Sabaton (together with Airbourne and Rival Sons - pretty sure you will agree to that).


I can for sure (;

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 21.02.2013 at 15:37.]
Written on: 21.02.2013 20:18
Ruslabox
Posts: 168
weiss wrote:

Manowar wrote:

Indtil videre er det røv og nøgler/until now it's ass and keys (danish phrase for shit).


How on earth can you have a Manowar name/picture and call THIS program shit?!

I assume you must be a metal-fan! Subgenres or not this years metalprogram is extremely good objectively seen!


Because ONLY Manowar play TRUE metal!!!! Everything else is SHIT!!

(Manowar logic)

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 21.02.2013 at 20:18.]
Written on: 21.02.2013 20:27
Ruslabox
Posts: 168
Oh and i forgot Deadboy!

One of my favorites since his breakthrough track "If you want me", one of the first fellas to kick of what is now known as "post-dubstep" in the late 00's/ early '10s. His take on the genre is very personal, often fusing elements of dubstep and garage in house-tempo with bursting sub-bass and floating melodies and chords, resulting in an amalgamation of contemporary dance music that anyone can relate to.

Bottom line: go see the Numbers show - there's going to be something for everyone. And since it will be on all night, you have no excuse not to come! icon_wink.gif
Written on: 22.02.2013 01:03
I Like Turtles
Posts: 760
weiss wrote:

Mr. Monster wrote:

weiss wrote:

Manowar wrote:

Indtil videre er det røv og nøgler/until now it's ass and keys (danish phrase for shit).


How on earth can you have a Manowar name/picture and call THIS program shit?!

I assume you must be a metal-fan! Subgenres or not this years metalprogram is extremely good objectively seen!


if you're into more old school metal where the vocals are sung as opposed to screamed/yelled/growled it's not all that great this year.


Sure thing - but then it's hard to ever get satisfied. Roskilde doesn't rarely book old school metal beside Maiden. Maybe we were lucky with bands like Ghost. But still you got Volbeat, Kreator and the new Slipknot has alot of clean vocals.

Metal today is what it is. And most of the time it's screaming and growls etc. But of course, they could book Orchid, Witchcraft, Enforcer, Bullet and so on from the new retro-wave but it's not that popular.

My biggest wish though in 2013 is Sabaton.

Supporting Iron Maiden in Malmø so they probably wouldn't be that difficult to book..
Written on: 22.02.2013 01:15
I Like Turtles
Posts: 760
Jake Bugg is a must-see for me. Still can't believe he's only 18! His debut album is quite amazing and I've been listening to it constantly for a while now.
Kendrick Lamar is a really nice booking! But headliner?! Since Roskilde started giving us questionable headliners in 2010, we have had rappers like Drake in the smallest print (canceled though..), Wiz Khalifa as a sub, as well as Big Boi, who've been in one of the biggest hip hop groups out there.. Can't see how Kendrick's bigger than them? ..even though he's much more talented in my opinion


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...