D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29. juni til 6. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Goat, Volbeat, Sigur Rós joins Kvelertak

Written on: 14.11.2012 08:55
Coldblooded
What's your take on it? I think Volbeat is this year's Danish headliner. Could be worse, I mean at least we don't get Nephew then. And Sigur Rós – wouldn't they headline too? I mean, if Bon Iver could...
Written on: 14.11.2012 09:18
Lord Beef Jerky
Sigur Rós has never headlined Roskilde, not even back when they were at their peak. However good point with Bon Iver... then again they could fill up Forum, while Sigur Rós would probably only be able to fill up Store Vega. I'm guessing sub-headliner for them and Kvelertak, headliner for Volbeat and Goat in small print.

Nothing for me in the first announcement, but glad we've started with the announcements so early.
Written on: 14.11.2012 09:31
Classic rock dude!
Damn!

Had Volbeat in my prediction. And because of that- another poor booking RF

(Off course not)

icon_wink.gif
Written on: 14.11.2012 09:31
Wallu
...and we´re off!

Goat sounds interesting, weirder stuff usually works for me. Never really listened to Sigus Rós before, so I guess it´s time to give it a go.

Think mr. Beef Jerky is right with the headlining/sublining distribution, can´t really see Sigur Rós headlining.

Written on: 14.11.2012 10:32
AC/DC
Sigur Rós are much bigger now i think they will play Orange Stage next year. They will also play at Madison Square Garden in New York next year but i happy with Volbeat they are good icon_cool.gif
Written on: 14.11.2012 10:44
hed
I think we are off to a pretty good start!
Just nordic bands, and they are all solid bookings.
Got DK, NO, SE and ICL.
Will they be trying to add a Pharoe Islands act as well as a Finnish one?
Aren't the tactics to become an international festival again, or at least win back some of the nordic audience?

I would see Volbeat, Kvelertak and Goat.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 14.11.2012 at 10:53.]
Written on: 14.11.2012 10:49
I Like Turtles
In the last three years I think we have learned one thing: if we are even discussing whether they would headliner, then yep, they will headline!
Nephew, Jack Johnson, M.I.A., PJ Harvey, Mastodon, Mew, Bon Iver, The Roots.. come on, we kind of know by now what to expect.
The argument that Bon Iver can play Forum while Sigur Ros is a band fit for Vega, doesn't mean they can't headline. Bon Iver played Falconer Salen before Roskilde, as I think Sigur Ros would do too. And haven't both Grinderman and Queens of the Stone Age played Vega AFTER Roskilde?
But anyways, nice start! Will be great with my third Volbeat-concert, now as an international headliner. Have wanted to get into Sigur Ros for a while, and now's the chance
Written on: 14.11.2012 10:58
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Volbeat was the most obvious bid on a danish headliner, so good that it is on the place now.
Will be interesting to see what they will do to make it different from that frist 2 times.
Written on: 14.11.2012 11:15
Rockmus
Guess I have to go see Sigur Rós - all my friends are extremely ecstatic about them being announced.

And I must admit that I listened very much to (), takk, and von when I was younger. So it will probably be great icon_wink.gif

...and yeah they will headline - they're like gods for the indieloving teenagers... and I think that they might be the ones Roskilde aims for.
Written on: 14.11.2012 12:37
gixbit
Goat is great! Check out their album World music. It's more psychedelic rock than world music by the way.
Written on: 14.11.2012 14:52
Jackster
Sigur Ros will headline. Last time in 2008 they were on top bills over europe and last september too.

They will do Madison Square Garden in NYC and i'm sure they'll be on Coachella too.

Great to see them back in Roskilde.

Volbeat seems like subheadliner (I don't remember 2 headliners in the same annoncement), but let's see the Dannish bands that will be on the bill.
Written on: 14.11.2012 15:10
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Jackster wrote:

Sigur Ros will headline. Last time in 2008 they were on top bills over europe and last september too.

They will do Madison Square Garden in NYC and i'm sure they'll be on Coachella too.

Volbeat seems like subheadliner (I don't remember 2 headliners in the same annoncement), but let's see the Dannish bands that will be on the bill.

Have a hard time seening a bigger Danish name out there then Volbeat?
Written on: 14.11.2012 15:56
Jackster
I like volbeat. they did great this summer on Metallica's Orion Festival, for example and US Market it's very hard for European Bands. I just say that from Spain, where I live it's difficult to know every band from Denmark (although after living in Esbjerg 6 months 9 year ago, and 9 Roskilde editions, i've discovered a lot of danish bands big and small). Maybe there's a massive band incoming in the next 9 months and Roskilde want to have it, who knows.

I just say that Volbeat would cover two range of headliners (Danish & Metal) and even loving the band, I'd love to have a bigger name as Metal Headliner. icon_wink.gif

And also last line of my previous post. I don't remember 2 headliners announcement together (excluding press conference) in the last decade and we are in November....
Written on: 14.11.2012 18:07
AC/DC
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Sigur Rós has never headlined Roskilde, not even back when they were at their peak. However good point with Bon Iver... then again they could fill up Forum, while Sigur Rós would probably only be able to fill up Store Vega. I'm guessing sub-headliner for them and Kvelertak, headliner for Volbeat and Goat in small print.

Nothing for me in the first announcement, but glad we've started with the announcements so early.

I saw Sigur Rós at Arena stage in 2003 and there where too much people and i was think it will be better if they will play orange. Sigur Rós are too big for Arena stage
Written on: 14.11.2012 18:41
Christian Forslund
AC/DC wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

I saw Sigur Rós at Arena stage in 2003 and there where too much people and i was think it will be better if they will play orange. Sigur Rós are too big for Arena stage

But playing Orange doesn't nessesarily make them a headliner, and I wouldn't want this release to include two headliners.
But besides that I like the bookings: Kvelertak sounds like a must-see for me, and I will probably see Vollbeat and Goat as well(who decided that Goat was world music icon_rolleyes.gif ) .
Written on: 14.11.2012 19:22
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Christian Forslund wrote:

But besides that I like the bookings: Kvelertak sounds like a must-see for me, and I will probably see Vollbeat and Goat as well(who decided that Goat was world music icon_rolleyes.gif ) .

It is just the name of the album...
Written on: 14.11.2012 20:13
Christian Forslund
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Christian Forslund wrote:

It is just the name of the album...

You are right, maybe I should work on my reading icon_redface.gif
Written on: 14.11.2012 21:52
Bongo Anders
Now just add Teitur and 22-Pistepirkko and we have all the Nordic countries covered.
Written on: 15.11.2012 08:42
Wallu
Bongo Anders wrote:

Now just add Teitur and 22-Pistepirkko and we have all the Nordic countries covered.

Yes for Pistepirkko, it´s been too long since they played RF. We´ve got so many good bands in Finland that it kinda bothers me, that we always get only the most underground, weird stuff at Roskilde. Bands that I as a music-following Finn have never heard about. Now give me Pistepirkko, Death Hawks or Trio Tetris to prove that Finland´s got some good live stuff to show the world.

(don´t get me wrong, I love the weird and underground stuff, but it´s nothing but that in case of Finnish bands)
Written on: 15.11.2012 12:50
Lord Beef Jerky
AC/DC wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

I have no clue, why you're quoting me on this one icon_confused.gif

I hope for Sigur Rós and the band's crowd that they'll be back at Arena. Their music and their performance does not suit Orange in any way. Their quiet songs would drown in noise from other stages on Orange, where it's easier to box it in at Arena. The soultion is quite obvious... put a headliner on Orange at the same time. That would remove some of the band's crowd. I've seen parts of Sigur Rós live before, and I'll be skipping this year. As much as I repect the band and the music, it just doesn't really fit my version of Roskilde.
Written on: 15.11.2012 13:10
Cliché Guevara
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

AC/DC wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

I hope for Sigur Rós and the band's crowd that they'll be back at Arena. Their music and their performance does not suit Orange in any way. Their quiet songs would drown in noise from other stages on Orange, where it's easier to box it in at Arena. The soultion is quite obvious... put a headliner on Orange at the same time. That would remove some of the band's crowd. I've seen parts of Sigur Rós live before, and I'll be skipping this year. As much as I repect the band and the music, it just doesn't really fit my version of Roskilde.

I agree that Arena would be the better choice, but Portishead proved that even quiet music can work on Orange. I don't think it would be a huge problem if they were awarded a 22.30 or a 0:30 spot. And then some extra volume.
Written on: 15.11.2012 17:54
Classic rock dude!
andreas wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

AC/DC wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

I agree that Arena would be the better choice, but Portishead proved that even quiet music can work on Orange. I don't think it would be a huge problem if they were awarded a 22.30 or a 0:30 spot. And then some extra volume.

Sorry, but Portishead is nowhere near quiet as Sigur Ros and when P played some parts (the quiet ones) you could hear other concerts.
Written on: 16.11.2012 08:27
majormajormajor
Goat are really awesome. For example, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyE9FM2Y7as
Written on: 16.11.2012 12:08
weiss

Jackster wrote:

Volbeat will headline this year
Written on: 16.11.2012 12:37
Classic rock dude!
weiss wrote:

Jackster wrote:

Volbeat will headline this year

Definitely

And it will be great! One of the few world re-known Danish rock bands

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...