D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27. juni til 4. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

RF 2012 - better than advertised

Written on: 10.07.2012 22:51
Christian Forslund
Up to this years festival there was a lot of complaints about this years programme being too weak, but after being at the festival, I must say, it was better than expected and from the posts in the rate your concerts it seems, I'm not alone in liking the music and thinking it was much better than last year.
So I think music-wise this years festival was better than expected and much better than last year. Is people agreeing with me on that?
Written on: 10.07.2012 23:07
Anges
IMO this year was great but dont know if it was better than last year. I've really enjoyed both '11 and '12 (it seems we are only few who loved last year's lineup). This year I attended way more concerts at Orange than last year - but the sound quality was often really bad or simply too low (does I have to mention Mr. White here Roskilde-folks?). All in all my greatest experiences have been at the smaller stages, and I expect that in the future as well.
Written on: 11.07.2012 00:48
Jesper Hassell
Looking at the lineup for Orange makes me laugh in disbelief. Only watched The Cure, The Roots and Apparatjik (which was one of the best concerts I've experienced). Watched some of Bruce but that concert made me want to kill myself, but Bon Iver made up for that in thousandfold.

That said the other stages offered so much great music. Fritjof & Pikanen on Apollo warmup, Icona Pop at Pavilion Jr.

Modeselektor and Pretty Lights also really stood out as amazing concerts.

But the band that really made my festival was Spleen United, I can't remember the last time I've been so impressed. Both by their 24hr concert at the lake, but their late night show was mindblowing and the crowd really brought the Orange feeling.
Written on: 11.07.2012 08:40
Christian Forslund
Jesper Hassell wrote:

Looking at the lineup for Orange makes me laugh in disbelief. Only watched The Cure, The Roots and Apparatjik (which was one of the best concerts I've experienced). Watched some of Bruce but that concert made me want to kill myself, but Bon Iver made up for that in thousandfold.

That said the other stages offered so much great music. Fritjof & Pikanen on Apollo warmup, Icona Pop at Pavilion Jr.

Modeselektor and Pretty Lights also really stood out as amazing concerts.

But the band that really made my festival was Spleen United, I can't remember the last time I've been so impressed. Both by their 24hr concert at the lake, but their late night show was mindblowing and the crowd really brought the Orange feeling.

That's the point with Orange stage: I saw Gossip, Malk De Kojn and Magtens korridorer there besides the headiners and didn't expect much from them and hadn't even planned to see Malk De Kojn, but the bands were great and fit the stage quite well.
I even missed On the wand of the moon, Vaccines and Spleen united, which were high on my must see list because of clashes.

But there seems to be quite a lot of complaints about the sound, and I ust admit my earplugs didn't get much use (not even at Behemoth) so I can't disagree on that.
Written on: 11.07.2012 10:12
Wallu
I liked the programme before the festival, and I like it even more now. Best year ever for me.
Written on: 11.07.2012 23:33
Macho
Wallu wrote:

I liked the programme before the festival, and I like it even more now. Best year ever for me.

+1
Written on: 15.07.2012 11:05
robinhood
i think this years was of much less quality then last year
there was many more concerts last year that i wanted to se then this year
i hope for a better program for 2013
Written on: 16.07.2012 14:05
Rockmus
Anges wrote:

IMO this year was great but dont know if it was better than last year. I've really enjoyed both '11 and '12 (it seems we are only few who loved last year's lineup). This year I attended way more concerts at Orange than last year - but the sound quality was often really bad or simply too low (does I have to mention Mr. White here Roskilde-folks?). All in all my greatest experiences have been at the smaller stages, and I expect that in the future as well.

+1 I Definitely don't get the "no-big-names" discussion this year, because all my concerts (except Red Fang who was a bit disappointing) was on either Arena or Orange, and the stages were always fitting to the amount of people attending the concerts!

...but even though I did see a lot of my heroes this year, I actually preferred the programme last year more - I too enjoy the small concerts
Written on: 16.07.2012 14:53
Kaneda
Certainly better than last year - and I was pleasantly surprised. Only had 3 concerts I wanted to see at Orange (and 1 at Arena, which goes to show where I think the real "hole" this year was - in the subheadliners) - but I barely had even that last year. Saw those four concerts, and a hell of a lot of other concerts on the smaller stages - and only went disappointed from a couple (including the one concert at Orange that I didn't care for to begin with - that'd be Apparatjik).
Written on: 16.07.2012 16:08
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Kaneda wrote:

Certainly better than last year - and I was pleasantly surprised. Only had 3 concerts I wanted to see at Orange (and 1 at Arena, which goes to show where I think the real "hole" this year was - in the subheadliners) - but I barely had even that last year. Saw those four concerts, and a hell of a lot of other concerts on the smaller stages - and only went disappointed from a couple (including the one concert at Orange that I didn't care for to begin with - that'd be Apparatjik).

I agree that it was the subliners that was this years Achilles heal. There weren't many of great status, but overall it was a decent year and a massive improvement from last year as far as I am concerned. A lot more bands in small print that interested me, and Bruce was the perfect headliner.
Written on: 16.07.2012 21:15
Kong Gulerod
Top Secret Identity wrote:

and Bruce was the perfect headliner.

I agree.

Bruce could be the greatest headliner the festival has ever had.

A true legende
Millions and millions of albums sold
A bomb when performing live
3 hour concert
Loads of hits

I can't remember better headliner.

This year was REALLY good - One of my best festivals ever.

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...