Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

The full schedule


Author Message
Written on: 14.05.2014 10:17
Charlotte Lydboelger
Posts: 40
can be seen here:
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3148995/Schedule%202014.pdf

Everything crashes for me on thursday. I'ma run like a maniac between stages. What about you guys?

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 14.05.2014 at 10:18.]
Written on: 14.05.2014 11:14
Jonathan Søgaard
Posts: 95
Charlotte Lydboelger wrote:

can be seen here:
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3148995/Schedule%202014.pdf

Everything crashes for me on thursday. I'ma run like a maniac between stages. What about you guys?


I thought I would have crashes, but considering how many bands I want to see I'm very very lucky this year, and none of my must sees are crashing. Wuhu!
Written on: 14.05.2014 11:20
Mattias Svensson
Posts: 50
Looks pretty good to me. I dont have that many must see artists/bands so Ill just go with what I can see. Thursday is both of my must see: Outkast and Stones.

This forum works like shit with chrome btw

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 14.05.2014 at 11:29.]
Written on: 14.05.2014 11:51
Chris Agesen
Posts: 1
Well, it looks pretty solid all in all with a huge party opening thursday at Orange.

However, there are a few that does not really fit my plan and that's:

Friday - Slowolf at 1530 at Apollo while Dilated Peoples will play at the same time on Arena (Thats quite unlucky for me as they are pretty much the only two I wanted to go to that day...except maybe Albarn)

Sunday - Here I am convinced that we are a few people who would like to experience both MØ and Steve Wonder, but as they are playing at the same time it's impossible icon_frown.gif

Well well, Its going to be a great festival anyway!

/Chris
Written on: 15.05.2014 10:02
joyjoy
Posts: 20
I think it's pretty good schedule, but some hard choices for me:

Darkside / Mogwai
Kavinsky / Interpol
Chromeo / Sleigh Bells

And I propably have to skip Moderat because of Kasabian. Really looking forward to see new Avalon stage - lots of good bands playing there. Nice to start friday with Future Islands!!
Written on: 15.05.2014 12:22
Aleg-One
Posts: 1748
I love how the metal crowd almost no clashes have icon_razz.gif But I also want to see something beyond metal, so it gets problematic with Kasabian and The Black Dahlia Murder icon_frown.gif And getting from Helhorse vs. The Psyke Project over to Manu Chao.. But hey - that's only my fault icon_smile.gif
Written on: 15.05.2014 12:59
Charlotte Lydboelger
Posts: 40
joyjoy wrote:

I think it's pretty good schedule, but some hard choices for me:

Darkside / Mogwai
Kavinsky / Interpol
Chromeo / Sleigh Bells

And I propably have to skip Moderat because of Kasabian. Really looking forward to see new Avalon stage - lots of good bands playing there. Nice to start friday with Future Islands!!


I get your problem with Darkside7Mogwai. But you should go for Mogwai.- I Saw them in 2008 and it was mindblowing.
Written on: 15.05.2014 13:31
TMaagaard
Posts: 380
Charlotte Lydboelger wrote:

I get your problem with Darkside7Mogwai. But you should go for Mogwai.- I Saw them in 2008 and it was mindblowing.

One of my friends went to see them recently in Copenhagen and spoke very highly of them as well. I'll probably skip Darkside to go there with him.
I haven't listened a lot to them though, so if you have any recommendations I'd be happy to hear them icon_smile.gif
Written on: 15.05.2014 20:52
Charlotte Lydboelger
Posts: 40
TMaagaard wrote:

Charlotte Lydboelger wrote:

I get your problem with Darkside7Mogwai. But you should go for Mogwai.- I Saw them in 2008 and it was mindblowing.

One of my friends went to see them recently in Copenhagen and spoke very highly of them as well. I'll probably skip Darkside to go there with him.
I haven't listened a lot to them though, so if you have any recommendations I'd be happy to hear them icon_smile.gif


This one will smack you right to the ground live. They play very loud:


http://youtu.be/SblD4JzCuPQ

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 15.05.2014 at 20:55.]
Written on: 16.05.2014 15:35
gixbit
Posts: 273
Charlotte Lydboelger wrote:

joyjoy wrote:

I think it's pretty good schedule, but some hard choices for me:

Darkside / Mogwai
Kavinsky / Interpol
Chromeo / Sleigh Bells

And I propably have to skip Moderat because of Kasabian. Really looking forward to see new Avalon stage - lots of good bands playing there. Nice to start friday with Future Islands!!


I get your problem with Darkside7Mogwai. But you should go for Mogwai.- I Saw them in 2008 and it was mindblowing.


I completly agree. Mogwai in 2008 was mindblowing! I'm sure it will be just as great this year. They have released a couple of great albums since then. They got a prefect slot friday at 23. Too bad with the Darkside clash. They should do something about that.

See you in the crowd!
Written on: 19.05.2014 16:46
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1153
Has anyone noticed a large gap between some of the concerts.

Here are some examples

Arena Friday

15:30 Dilated Peoples
18:30 Haim


Here at Avalon, the other concerts has a 2 hour gap.

23:00 Darkside
02:30 La Chiva Gantiva

Gloria has 2 in a row

16:00 King Ayisoba & Band
19:00 Black Pus
21:00 Cüneyt Sepecti & Orchestra Dolapdere
00:00 Fendika


Lets move to Saturday

Several 3 hour gaps at Arena


13:00 Nikolaj Nørlund
16:00 Jenny Wilson
18:00 Les Ambassadeurs feat. Salif Keita, Amadou Bagayoko and Cheick Tidiane Seck
21:00 Icona Pop
00:00 Interpol

Apollo can also compete here

12:00 DJ Food, J Cheeba & DJ Moneyshot - 3 Way Mix
15:30 Bottled In England



So will concerts with Dilated Peoples, Nikolaj Nørlund, Icona Pop etc be longer or is it the stage production that takes longer for these concerts.

I just seems odd with a huge gap in the middle of the day, usually there is 2 hour between concert start but it has also created situations where the Roskilde crew has cutted the concerts so the artists didn´t go oveer time.






E-mail
Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...