D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27. juni til 4. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

NAKED RACE: Anyone here planning to do it?


Author Message
Written on: 19.04.2014 23:15
USlander
Posts: 367
NAKED RACE: I do not think anyone I have known at Roskilde or anyone from The Strangers with Candy Camp has ever participated in The Naked Race. I was just curious to see if anyone in the forums is planning to do it this summer? If I ever lose enough weight I will do it for sure once. Just for the free alcohol alone, as I am sure I can drink more than my fill!

Also how much has the race changed since 2010? Some of the obstacles they had were lame and I do not see how they can actually tell who actually won sometimes because of the lack of organization. Plus all the drunk Danes crashing the race after it started as well.


http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm170/USLNDER/th.jpg

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 05.05.2014 at 22:05.]
Written on: 30.04.2014 10:07
Niiww
Posts: 4
A friend and I were planning to, but we didn't know there was free alcohol! Now we have even more reason to do it! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 03.05.2014 21:06
USlander
Posts: 367
You get free drinks at Gringos and those are not cheap! I think you get drinks for free even before the race as well, as most of the participants are wasted by the time they run. I would really consider doing it, just for the free drinks if I was in better shape. I do not have a problem with nudity, but I have a problem with being fat and naked.

As an American, with an American build and eating habits. It is sometimes hard to have so many good looking Scandinavian friends around you, who like to get naked at the drop of a hat. It makes you feel ugly and out of shape.

If you are planning to participate, make sure you get to the sign up area early. They actually have to turn away people...Well maybe not so much with the girls as much as the guys. But they do usually have to turn people away, so keep that in mind. The race is the last Saturday of the festival.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 05.05.2014 at 22:06.]
Written on: 21.05.2014 21:44
Niiww
Posts: 4
Thanks for the heads up! Now that I know when it is, I'll definitely sign up as soon as humanly possible when the festival opens.

Written on: 21.05.2014 21:48
TMaagaard
Posts: 380
USlander wrote:

You get free drinks at Gringos and those are not cheap! I think you get drinks for free even before the race as well, as most of the participants are wasted by the time they run. I would really consider doing it, just for the free drinks if I was in better shape. I do not have a problem with nudity, but I have a problem with being fat and naked.

As an American, with an American build and eating habits. It is sometimes hard to have so many good looking Scandinavian friends around you, who like to get naked at the drop of a hat. It makes you feel ugly and out of shape.

If you are planning to participate, make sure you get to the sign up area early. They actually have to turn away people...Well maybe not so much with the girls as much as the guys. But they do usually have to turn people away, so keep that in mind. The race is the last Saturday of the festival.

It's just cruel doing it on the last day of the festival when you're completely messed up.
I've thought about doing it for a few years. I'm in pretty good shape from playing football all the time, so that shouldn't be a problem. And considering we basically had naked lectures each of the warm up days in our camp two years ago, the nudity shouldn't be a problem either.
We'll see if I manage to get around to it.
Written on: 23.05.2014 04:36
USlander
Posts: 367
What do you mean naked lectures? Like Naughty Headmaster or Teachers was your theme? What was your camp's actual theme? Aside from Naked camp, I can't think of anyone's camp who routinely featured nudity or entered the Naked Race.

Thanks and make sure to drop by our camp or our camp's BBQ on July 2nd! For heavy drinking & good food!

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 23.05.2014 at 04:41.]
Written on: 23.05.2014 08:46
TMaagaard
Posts: 380
USlander wrote:

What do you mean naked lectures? Like Naughty Headmaster or Teachers was your theme? What was your camp's actual theme? Aside from Naked camp, I can't think of anyone's camp who routinely featured nudity or entered the Naked Race.

Thanks and make sure to drop by our camp or our camp's BBQ on July 2nd! For heavy drinking & good food!

"Talks" is maybe a better word. It was basically everyone who wanted to enjoy our asti and lambrusco had to get naked while one of us guys got up to hold a talk (naked as well) about something of his own choice. One guy told us about planet earth, I spoke a bit about law, someone else told about the circulation of the blood in the body using me as a whiteboard. It was very popular, we borrowed a megaphone from the girls across the road and tons of people showed up. We even had some stranger pop in to give some sort of holier than thou speech. As we only did it in the warm up days we had to let people down when they came over Thursday to hear another talk.
Written on: 23.05.2014 15:20
Charlotte Lydboelger
Posts: 40
I have never even actually gotten to SEE the naked race. This year going solo to the festival I'm definitely gonna make time in my schedule to see it, though!
Written on: 23.05.2014 16:31
TMaagaard
Posts: 380
Charlotte Lydboelger wrote:

I have never even actually gotten to SEE the naked race. This year going solo to the festival I'm definitely gonna make time in my schedule to see it, though!

I think it's quite difficult getting close enough to actually get a proper view. As in a lot of people show up to ogle away. icon_wink.gif
Written on: 24.05.2014 23:00
USlander
Posts: 367
TM: That's actually pretty clever. Having a topic that might be somewhat boring but spicing it up with nudity. Who doesn't like that. There were girls in your camp as well? What was your camp called by the way?

Oh and for anyone else who wants or plans to see the Naked Race, I would get there at least 1 hour before they official start if not sooner. So like 11am? There will be a bunch of drunk and naked people running around, before, after and during the Naked Race. Some of them wont even be participating. They are just there for the hell of it. So there is a lot to see, especially when the drunk naked people try to crash the Naked Race (That is why they have writing all over them, one for publicity for the Station, and also so they can be identified as being officially in the race).

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 24.05.2014 at 23:12.]
Written on: 25.05.2014 18:49
TMaagaard
Posts: 380
USlander wrote:

TM: That's actually pretty clever. Having a topic that might be somewhat boring but spicing it up with nudity. Who doesn't like that. There were girls in your camp as well? What was your camp called by the way?

Oh and for anyone else who wants or plans to see the Naked Race, I would get there at least 1 hour before they official start if not sooner. So like 11am? There will be a bunch of drunk and naked people running around, before, after and during the Naked Race. Some of them wont even be participating. They are just there for the hell of it. So there is a lot to see, especially when the drunk naked people try to crash the Naked Race (That is why they have writing all over them, one for publicity for the Station, and also so they can be identified as being officially in the race).

We had only planned to stay a group of guys together but ended up with some girls in our camp as well because we happened to meet them in the queue. They hadn't really prepared anything so didn't give a talk. Some got naked as well to get some asti and lambrusco. Everyone showing up naked would get that.
I don't think we had an official name but I think I came up with calling us Camp Symposion or something like that.
Written on: 25.05.2014 23:44
USlander
Posts: 367
TM: That works well as a title for the camp. Are you doing it again this year and I am not familiar with the kinds of alcohol you were offering. Are they those nasty home made licorice tasting/smelling ones that are flammable? Our camp started off with a much more ominous name of the STRANGERS! Which sounds like some sort of strangler really, so it was changed to the Strangers with Candy the next year, after the founder left. It still seems a little ominous, but who doesn't like candy.

Come by our camp in West/C when you get a chance. We will have Ruffitinis (It's basically just Jungle juice and Vodka)!

Roughly one month people and then it's Party time!
Written on: 26.05.2014 01:12
TMaagaard
Posts: 380
USlander wrote:

TM: That works well as a title for the camp. Are you doing it again this year and I am not familiar with the kinds of alcohol you were offering. Are they those nasty home made licorice tasting/smelling ones that are flammable? Our camp started off with a much more ominous name of the STRANGERS! Which sounds like some sort of strangler really, so it was changed to the Strangers with Candy the next year, after the founder left. It still seems a little ominous, but who doesn't like candy.

Come by our camp in West/C when you get a chance. We will have Ruffitinis (It's basically just Jungle juice and Vodka)!

Roughly one month people and then it's Party time!


Nah, we're not doing it again. It was good fun but last year we agreed we had got it out of our system. There will probably still be nakedness but it's more impromptu theses days.
Asti and lambrusco are basically two types of sparkling wine. For some reason that was part of our theme.
I've always thought "Strangers with Candy" was quite a decent name, fyi icon_smile.gif

I can't wait to go now!


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...