Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with no new replies

1986! anyone attend?? wow! what fun for me!

Written on: 12.03.2014 04:22
john
seems like a lifetime ago when i attended roskilde, well it really has been. i had just graduated high school at Everett High School in Everett WA. (usa) and was visiting an exchange student i had become great friends with from Sweden. we saw a sign at a burger joint and said What the hell, lets go!! i think the cost was about $70 for all three days......remember it was 1986! the orange stage was there as i see it still is. we saw Eric Clapton, phil collins, elvis costelo, metalica, and even Big country!(not even 80's fans remember those guys, lol). all i can say is it was the best time i ever had. i got drunk, i got laid (more then once) lol and yes we got rained on!! the biggest shock for me as an american was the boy/girl together showers, man i was not ready for that. i am 46 now with 23 and 20 year old daughters but i have NEVER forgotten those few days in july. to all of you who attend this year......be safe and ROCK ON!
Written on: 12.03.2014 08:38
baluba
I attended roskilde in 1986, it was my first time and since then I never missed a year. So this year is my 29th roskilde festival in a row. Can't wait....
Written on: 12.03.2014 09:16
Bongo Anders
I was 1 year old so sadly I wasn't there but it sounded like a great year lineup wise.
Written on: 12.03.2014 13:50
TMaagaard
Good man, john icon_smile.gif
I can tell you there are separate (hot) showers now. Problem is that they're located in a makeshift tent (sort of) meaning the barrier separating boys and girls are made of tarp or something like that. If you're tall enough you can look straight over it. Much to the dismay of my 2.04 m tall friend who got yelled at even though he wasn't really looking.
The cold showers are still one big free for all but boys and girls tend to pick a container (it basically is) for each gender. The dressing facilities are shared though and consists of the ground.
So are your daughters planning on coming over? icon_razz.gif
Written on: 13.03.2014 06:30
john
lol, TMaagaard. although i would love for my daughters to experience what i did, i can also say i am glad they can't! lol, as far as the showers i just remember a long plywood type building with shower heads and no dividers. when i walked in and saw everyone naked i turned back around and thought, oh hell no!". i can remember drinking my first toberg (spelling?) beer. it looks as if roskilde has gotten much larger today but i always will remember tent city and how many freaking tents there where. i have some pictures somewhere so maybe i can but them up. and WOW! baluba.....rock on with the 29 years!! i just whish i could come back 1 more time! lol

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 13.03.2014 at 06:31.]
Written on: 13.03.2014 09:57
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Sound good John icon_biggrin.gif it is called Tuborg. And I think your need to comeback, 1 time is not enough icon_smile.gif And bring your daughters and your wife! They all need to see the magic of Roskilde!
Written on: 13.03.2014 17:46
TMaagaard
john wrote:

lol, TMaagaard. although i would love for my daughters to experience what i did, i can also say i am glad they can't! lol, as far as the showers i just remember a long plywood type building with shower heads and no dividers. when i walked in and saw everyone naked i turned back around and thought, oh hell no!". i can remember drinking my first toberg (spelling?) beer. it looks as if roskilde has gotten much larger today but i always will remember tent city and how many freaking tents there where. i have some pictures somewhere so maybe i can but them up. and WOW! baluba.....rock on with the 29 years!! i just whish i could come back 1 more time! lol

Yeah the tents are still here. All over the place. It takes a few to accommodate +100k people.
It would be fun to see some of your pictures. Do upload them if you get the opportunity.
Written on: 16.03.2014 11:35
Eef
Sounds awesome John!!!
I guess memories are golden!
Written on: 23.04.2014 05:17
Valo
Hi, this abt. 50-years old "girl" was there too! I remember the rain and mud. Phil Collins and "In the Air Tonight". Even today, it's my best music experience ever! And I also remember some danish guys and their big black flag with a white hand giving the single finger gesture. Warm memories..
PS. The beer was Tuborg.

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...