Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Best moment at Roskilde


Author Message
Written on: 09.05.2010 18:43
Kasper Lund
Posts: 9
Faith no More '09. Simply a briliant concert!
Volbeat '09. First concert ever at Orange
Roskilde '09 as a whole. Fantastic week icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 17.05.2010 18:38
Danni-Curr
Posts: 19
best moment was my first roskilde festival.

5th day. i had 0 DKK left spent last 15kr and 5 dkk from a random dude on a bag of chips.
stil dint have a tent so slept in the big clima tent again. a random dude came in fall asleep on the ground. another guy came in with a ram of beer (24) and the sleeping guy flew up and we drank all night. was epic.. fuck a nice guy he saved my festival.


before festival started i had 100 dkk i spent 60dkk on bus and train and had 40 left. dint have a tent and worked there to get a ticket. it went out nicely!

random guy im P clima tent if i see you again i owe you a ram ! icon_smile.gif
Written on: 18.05.2010 08:03
TommyKJ
Posts: 26
Danni-Curr wrote:

best moment was my first roskilde festival.

5th day. i had 0 DKK left spent last 15kr and 5 dkk from a random dude on a bag of chips.
stil dint have a tent so slept in the big clima tent again. a random dude came in fall asleep on the ground. another guy came in with a ram of beer (24) and the sleeping guy flew up and we drank all night. was epic.. fuck a nice guy he saved my festival.


before festival started i had 100 dkk i spent 60dkk on bus and train and had 40 left. dint have a tent and worked there to get a ticket. it went out nicely!

random guy im P clima tent if i see you again i owe you a ram ! icon_smile.gif


Yeah, i love drinking with random people in wierd places on roskilde icon_razz.gif
Written on: 21.05.2010 14:29
Andreas Paulus
Posts: 28
I visit Roskilde since 1992 and cannot tell how many nice things I experienced. A very fascinating concert( although I don´t really like electronic music)was Kraftwerk. Their shows are rare and it was amazing. last year was very special, cause of the wheather and the fact that I married in Roskilde although I come from Germany(1200 km away.
Looking forward to this year.
Written on: 23.05.2010 10:25
Daniel Valderrama
Posts: 2
I've been coming to Roskilde since '06 from Israel(best year music-wise for me).

We started with 4 guys, '07 was 9, '08 was 15, '09 we were 4.
This year we will be around 8-9.
My best moment at Roskilde was dancing in front of the Orange in '08, with Kings of Leon playing. All of my closest mates drunk and high, dancing, laughing and enjoying the amazing feeling, that orange feeling.
Truly an amazing experience that noone will forget.
Written on: 24.05.2010 15:36
Bone Stvg
Posts: 46
Best: Radiohead 2008

Worst: Being sick and missing Gnarls Barkley 2008
Written on: 15.06.2010 12:42
Andreas Paulus
Posts: 28
Thursday 7 am we will start 14 hours travelling. Who knows where we can camp???....until 26th of June?
Written on: 15.06.2010 12:59
Fredde
Posts: 824
Andreas Paulus wrote:

Thursday 7 am we will start 14 hours travelling. Who knows where we can camp???....until 26th of June?


http://www.roskildecamping-de.dana10.dk/

Maybe better safe than sorry and make reservations for camping thursday/friday.
Written on: 15.06.2010 13:05
Jim Daggerthuggert
Posts: 637
Fredde wrote:

Andreas Paulus wrote:

Thursday 7 am we will start 14 hours travelling. Who knows where we can camp???....until 26th of June?


http://www.roskildecamping-de.dana10.dk/

Maybe better safe than sorry and make reservations for camping thursday/friday.


I think it's the thursday the 24th. Why else mention the 26th?

Edit: And you need to get your booking before 08.00 the 27th or it will be lost. Also I think the booking areas has been booked full.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 15.06.2010 at 13:06.]
Written on: 16.06.2010 19:30
Martin
Posts: 47
LiamC wrote:

My best memory is probably Roger Waters. There are lots of others, but that's the one that really, really stands out for me.

That's definitely what I like to call an 'actual concert'.


Oh yes, that has been one of my best concert experiences as well. The sound quality was just stunning. A friend and myself were located just in the centre of the audience and the surround speakers.
Written on: 19.06.2010 19:12
Knick Knack
Posts: 7
I paid a visit to Roskilde Festival in '03, '04 and '05, missed '06, but have attended the past three years. The most mindblowing concert I ever went to was the Trentemøller concert in (I think) '07 at Arena. I've never experienced anything like it. Me and two of my friends were up in front, and it was like everyone got into some sort of trance, somewhere completely out of this world. I wish I could describe it! So amazing. There was nothing but you and the music, completely filling out your body - leaving no space for thoughts or sore feet.

'09 wasn't a good year for me, but the concerts were great. I casually went up to listen to Slipknot on my own, not really expecting anything, and it ended up being so much fun! So glad I went up there (:
Written on: 19.06.2010 19:41
Deleted user
Knick Knack wrote:

Trentemøller concert in (I think) '07 at Arena.


Fucking amazing concert. I was up front in the pits too, having never heard of the guy.

Did you know of this EP?

http://www.electronicbeats.net/var/eb/storage/images/music/reviews/trentemoeller-live-in-concert-ep-roskilde-festival-2007/15581-1-eng-GB/Trentemoeller-Live-In-Concert-EP-Roskilde-Festival-2007_header_image_review.jpg
I've convinced myself that I can hear myself shout on track 4.
Written on: 19.06.2010 21:03
jazon
Posts: 55
Emilius wrote:

Knick Knack wrote:

Trentemøller concert in (I think) '07 at Arena.


Fucking amazing concert. I was up front in the pits too, having never heard of the guy.

Did you know of this EP?

http://www.electronicbeats.net/var/eb/storage/images/music/reviews/trentemoeller-live-in-concert-ep-roskilde-festival-2007/15581-1-eng-GB/Trentemoeller-Live-In-Concert-EP-Roskilde-Festival-2007_header_image_review.jpg
I've convinced myself that I can hear myself shout on track 4.



i was so sad i was standigs asleep at Trentemøller 09 banghead.gif
Written on: 19.06.2010 22:54
absolution
Posts: 10
It's hard to point out one best moment, but last year my friends and I started spreading a (I admit, evil) rumor that Kelly Clarkson had died. We told all the people we met on our way to wherever. Then we forgot all about it and roamed around for a couple of hours, and suddenly we ended up somewhere we hadn't been that night, where we crossed a camp playing 'Since you been gone' on their guitar. We asked them why they played it, and they said, "haven't you heard?! Kelly Clarkson is dead!"
Fascinating how fast news travel..
Written on: 20.06.2010 20:21
Stand up for rock n' roll!
Posts: 488
absolution wrote:

It's hard to point out one best moment, but last year my friends and I started spreading a (I admit, evil) rumor that Kelly Clarkson had died. We told all the people we met on our way to wherever. Then we forgot all about it and roamed around for a couple of hours, and suddenly we ended up somewhere we hadn't been that night, where we crossed a camp playing 'Since you been gone' on their guitar. We asked them why they played it, and they said, "haven't you heard?! Kelly Clarkson is dead!"
Fascinating how fast news travel..


Sounds a bit like the Rene Dif story from this year?
Written on: 21.06.2010 11:52
Deleted user
jazon wrote:

i was so sad i was standigs asleep at Trentemøller 09 banghead.gif


I was sick as hell, lying down on the ground the whole concert. Probably one of the worst moments to be fair. But Trentemøller is still on my top 10 electronic artists, if not top 5...
Written on: 25.06.2010 10:17
Franz
Posts: 3
This is my first post at the forum allthough I've read it for years

Anyway, I have a great story to tell.

-08, Mogwai playing. I was standing in the crowd, really enjoying the show. One of the best gigs I have ever seen. Suddenly I feel that I have to take a shit. icon_redface.gif
So I walk over to the toilets on the right side and find myself a nice, clean seat. When I close the door and sit down I hits me -The sound is amazing in here!

I promise, it was like listening to the cds! I sat there for the rest of the show.

At one point someone knocked on the door and shouted -Are you sleeping in there?
-Fuck off! Leave me alone!!

I think there should be a thread about best toilet experiences. icon_biggrin.gif

Okay everybody, see you in a couple of days. Have an amazing festival and take care of eachother.
GLAD MIDSOMMAR!
Written on: 25.06.2010 10:22
Dunkesen
Posts: 205
Franz wrote:

This is my first post at the forum allthough I've read it for years

Anyway, I have a great story to tell.

-08, Mogwai playing. I was standing in the crowd, really enjoying the show. One of the best gigs I have ever seen. Suddenly I feel that I have to take a shit. icon_redface.gif
So I walk over to the toilets on the right side and find myself a nice, clean seat. When I close the door and sit down I hits me -The sound is amazing in here!

I promise, it was like listening to the cds! I sat there for the rest of the show.

At one point someone knocked on the door and shouted -Are you sleeping in there?
-Fuck off! Leave me alone!!

I think there should be a thread about best toilet experiences. icon_biggrin.gif

Okay everybody, see you in a couple of days. Have an amazing festival and take care of eachother.
GLAD MIDSOMMAR!


Ha ha ha ha, best first post EVER! icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 05.07.2010 15:08
USlander
Posts: 367
BEST MOMENTS:

Having a smaller, cleaner camp with really fun people!

Not one but 2 live sex shows near our camp ( you should see the pics)!

Being nominated for Camp of the Year!

Seeing Gorillaz, Florence & the Machine and Prince.
Written on: 05.07.2010 20:48
Odin
Posts: 298
my best moment was after roskilde xD me and my brother took a train from roskilde to århus and then we missed the last bus so we had to wait 7 hours. We bought some beer and began drinking, then we saw a few other people from roskilde who was lost and they joined, and even though we were all tired and wanted to go home we had a great time.

ps. the only reason this is my best moment is because my camp fucked up this year; 5 people in a camp, 1 left, I was the only one who wanted to drink beer instead of sleeping all day T.T
Written on: 06.02.2011 03:09
Ace > The Coffin Camp
Posts: 402
This thread is too much fun in these waiting months, not to bring back to life! Let's hear some more stories!
Written on: 06.02.2011 11:13
EmilMark
Posts: 765
Stand up for rock n' roll! wrote:

absolution wrote:

It's hard to point out one best moment, but last year my friends and I started spreading a (I admit, evil) rumor that Kelly Clarkson had died. We told all the people we met on our way to wherever. Then we forgot all about it and roamed around for a couple of hours, and suddenly we ended up somewhere we hadn't been that night, where we crossed a camp playing 'Since you been gone' on their guitar. We asked them why they played it, and they said, "haven't you heard?! Kelly Clarkson is dead!"
Fascinating how fast news travel..


Sounds a bit like the Rene Dif story from this year?

or dj aligator in 07.. haha!
Written on: 23.06.2013 10:14
Noer
Posts: 66
One concert stands out for me in its own way: in `92 I think, last show one of the days at Arena, Leonard Cohen gave many extras, ending up with Sympathy for the Devil. Walking to the tents you could hear people sing the Whoo-Whooo. And the NeXT morning...and again many years after. Whoo-Whooo.
See you
Written on: 23.06.2013 10:23
Wallu
Posts: 705
Noer wrote:

One concert stands out for me in its own way: in `92 I think, last show one of the days at Arena, Leonard Cohen gave many extras, ending up with Sympathy for the Devil. Walking to the tents you could hear people sing the Whoo-Whooo. And the NeXT morning...and again many years after. Whoo-Whooo.
See you


God, I´d love to see Leonard Cohen in Roskilde. He´s almost 80, but he´s still touring a lot and still is absulutely amazing live artist. The band is great too.


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...