D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27. juni til 4. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

The theft and robbery @ RF thread


Author Message
Written on: 23.07.2012 13:43
Saturnus
Posts: 3048
Actually, you can say the festival in a way actively promotes there to be more theft at Roskilde in the sense that they make every effort to make expensive smart phones and such viable to bring to the festival by making apps, having wi-fi access and such.

Theft, in general not only at the festival, is a matter of supply and demand, like everything else. If there's a lot of value to steal, smart phones and such in particular, then there's going to be a lot of theft. It's that simple.
Written on: 23.07.2012 13:56
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
If girls wear little clothes then there is going to be a lot of rape

Is it that simple?
Written on: 23.07.2012 14:00
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Kaneda wrote:



Don't blame the festival. Blame the audience. Then blame the festival - because they're the only ones who can change the audience. icon_wink.gif




I've seen you blame the festival for the kind of audience it attracts nowadays, plenty of times.

Chicken and the egg icon_wink.gif
Written on: 23.07.2012 14:01
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Eef wrote:

I guess a lot has been said about this security issue.
But what scares me is that it might be more and more through the years. Don't know that for sure though.. since it is only my 5th RF.

And I don't bring really expensive stuff with me.. I couldn't really care about it if I would lose it. And I think most of the smart festival people wouldn't do that either. BUT...the thing is, that RF doesn't seem to do anything about it exept some lame campaign. That's pretty annoying.


Exactly.


[This article was edited 1 times, at last 23.07.2012 at 14:02.]
Written on: 23.07.2012 18:09
Kaneda
Posts: 383
Top Secret Identity wrote:

Kaneda wrote:

Don't blame the festival. Blame the audience. Then blame the festival - because they're the only ones who can change the audience. icon_wink.gif


I've seen you blame the festival for the kind of audience it attracts nowadays, plenty of times.


Erm, yes? The reason for that is made quite clear in what you quoted...

The difference lies in whether you think the festival ultimately caused this and can solve it (blame the festival), or the audience did and can (blame the audience, then blame the festival - because it's not much use blaming a random group of thousands on an internet forum).
Written on: 23.07.2012 22:27
Eef
Posts: 332
Saturnus wrote:

Actually, you can say the festival in a way actively promotes there to be more theft at Roskilde in the sense that they make every effort to make expensive smart phones and such viable to bring to the festival by making apps, having wi-fi access and such.

Theft, in general not only at the festival, is a matter of supply and demand, like everything else. If there's a lot of value to steal, smart phones and such in particular, then there's going to be a lot of theft. It's that simple.


I agree with you, They promote to bring your smartphone. Still the thing about value and demand..why do they steel clothes?? And cut open a tent 4 times.?
Written on: 23.07.2012 23:08
Saturnus
Posts: 3048
Eef wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Actually, you can say the festival in a way actively promotes there to be more theft at Roskilde in the sense that they make every effort to make expensive smart phones and such viable to bring to the festival by making apps, having wi-fi access and such.

Theft, in general not only at the festival, is a matter of supply and demand, like everything else. If there's a lot of value to steal, smart phones and such in particular, then there's going to be a lot of theft. It's that simple.


I agree with you, They promote to bring your smartphone. Still the thing about value and demand..why do they steel clothes?? And cut open a tent 4 times.?


I wouldn't hazard a guess beyond the rather obvious that they might see value in the clothes if they couldn't find any other thing they deemed valuable.
Written on: 26.07.2012 13:53
Willy Kerr?
Posts: 46
I remember a few years ago (06?) our camp won a 'rubbish collection' competition, we won 4 crates of tuborg (glass bottles) and a free tent.

That year, people were more conscious of rubbish in their area, and the volunteers where more enthusiastic about rubbish collection in the campsite too. Also, I think that was the last year I got woken up by volunteer's handing me free ice-cold beers at 7am...!

Roskilde needs to re-harness this spirit. I haven't seen it so much in recent years.

If they ran these competitions every day, for the sake of a few crates of beer, it would keep the place cleaner.

Even if they offered discounted tickets to people who volunteer to be rubbish collectors. For example, 150 euro instead of 240 euro, providing you do three 6 hour shifts.

They could have proper teams of people taking care of business. Although maybe their organisation isn't up to this challenge?

Then they could offer the collected recycling/rubbish to the gypsies outside the festival area, then they wouldn't need to come in.

That said, when gigs are on, 80%+ of people won't be anywhere near their campsites, so they do need to keep a more thorough guard up in looking for suspicious characters, etc. - The organisers need to recognise this and take action.

In recent years there has become less watch-towers, rather than more. These are currently the only real deterrent to bad behaviour in the campsite, if pretty ineffective in their nature. The only thing I can thing of, is to create proper patrol teams, with an area of 3x3 or 4x4 to watch over constantly... You'd need maybe 20 staff for this, during the busiest concert times only, but they could be trained to keep an eye out for anything suspicious. And maybe invest in some cheap walkie talkies for this crew.

All in all, nothing that can't be achieved with the current volunteer force. Some extra training and initiative, yes, but nothing that wouldn't be worth the effort. Cheaper to implement than a cashless system I'm sure.


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...