D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27. juni til 4. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with no new replies

What I have read about Roskilde Festival 2013

Written on: 11.06.2013 10:58
CampWestBurgerJoint
A few facts taken from the Roskilde volunteer magazine - here we go:

Orange scene: The usual towers will not be there anymore - where they were, the jumbotrons will be now (28 metres from the stage). The jumbotrons will be flipped and enlarged to 65 square metres
Apollo: Bigger lights there this year - and starting thursday with a jumbotron screen.

Orange press: Now made entirely by the festival itself - and now free of charge (as confirmed allready).

Among the restaurants in the Food Court, situated in the Gloria area:
Palæo - serving hotdogs stone age-style - sausages in a wrap made of eggs and mushroom-remoulade and spaghetti bolognaise (the spaghetti made from vegetables)
Svanholm Starkollektiv - eco icewaffles
Grød (porridge) - oatmeal dulce de leche in the morning - mushroom risotto with parmesan and mushrooms.
Bonderøvene fra Lolland-Falster - Creamy potato salad from new potatos and spring onions, and small snacks with peas, strawberrys and cherries. I know they have an arrangement on friday with a three course meal - price: 110 DKR.
China China - asian inspired meatballs in curry
Written on: 11.06.2013 11:51
Mr. Monster
[quote="CampEastBurgerJoint (formerly CWBJ)"]

Orange scene: The usual towers will not be there anymore - where they were, the jumbotrons will be now (28 metres from the stage). The jumbotrons will be flipped and enlarged to 65 square metres

Flipped? so they will be 'standing'? Do you know the size of the old ones?
Written on: 11.06.2013 11:58
CampWestBurgerJoint
Mr. Monster wrote:

Exactly. Should make better close up footage from the stage. Don't know the old size of the screens but it said that they would be "a little bigger".
Written on: 11.06.2013 14:33
Mr. Monster
Mr. Monster wrote:

Exactly. Should make better close up footage from the stage. Don't know the old size of the screens but it said that they would be "a little bigger".

They were apparently 50 sqm http://roskilde-festival.dk/music/stages/#c9969
Written on: 12.06.2013 17:53
Bongo Anders
Is that the Tuborg towers we are talking about.

In that case where will the speakers be then because as far as i remember some speakers where placed in the towers.
Written on: 13.06.2013 18:26
CampWestBurgerJoint
Bongo Anders wrote:

Is that the Tuborg towers we are talking about.

In that case where will the speakers be then because as far as i remember some speakers where placed in the towers.

I'm quite positive that there still will be loudspeakers at Orange icon_smile.gif

But actually, during the past few years the speakers have been moved out from the towers and are now placed in small groupings - the article doesn't specify exactly though.

While I'm at it:
Cosmopol: The light at the top of the tent are this year removed. Instead, the lateral wings of the stage and the stage itself now get screens icon_smile.gif
Written on: 17.06.2013 23:48
Adrian
Are you saying there won't be any delay towers? Won't that make the sound shit for half the audience?
Written on: 17.06.2013 23:52
Saturnus
Adrian wrote:

Are you saying there won't be any delay towers? Won't that make the sound shit for half the audience?

The sound system for Orange stage is the L'Acoustics K1. Widely regarded as the best very large format sound system in the world. Yes, there are delay towers.
Written on: 18.06.2013 00:08
Adrian
Orange does indeed sound very impressive icon_biggrin.gif
I just didn't understand which towers he was talking about: "The usual towers will not be there anymore". The big ones with the Tuborg logo?
Written on: 18.06.2013 14:03
Christian Pawlowski
Yes. The towers with the tuborg logos wont be there anymore. The big screens will take their place instead. It will give a much more compressed look, when you stand in front of the stage. The last few years, the speakers have hung outside the towers anyway. So the towers are no longer necessary.

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...