Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Written on: 20.07.2009 15:33
MasterMaster
here are my wishes:

Daft Punk
Megadeth
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Rage Agaisnt The Machine
Muse
Foo Fighters
Written on: 21.07.2009 01:14
Limabeancross
That looks like a dream lineup to me! Although I just can't see them booking Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth AND Rage against the machine. I could be wrong though...
Written on: 21.07.2009 04:35
Sigurbjörn
Pearl Jam might be touring but there is no way they´ll be back to Roskilde for reason well known.
Written on: 21.07.2009 09:01
McFearless
Just think about it: Pearl Jam on Orange Stage again - now that would have been the greatest concert ever in the history of man.

We can only hope this will be a 40th year present to us!
Written on: 21.07.2009 10:25
matachari
McFearless wrote:

Just think about it: Pearl Jam on Orange Stage again - now that would have been the greatest concert ever in the history of man.

We can only hope this will be a 40th year present to us!

I hope Mr Roskilde take this into account...
Written on: 21.07.2009 19:24
Limabeancross
I think it's more a case of if they'd agree to play...
Written on: 22.07.2009 09:36
majormajormajor
QOTSA will have a new album by then. Fucking bring 'em on!!
Written on: 22.07.2009 11:37
McFearless
LiamC skrev:

I think it's more a case of if they'd agree to play...

True. But Roskilde still has to "convince" them that this would actually be a great idea. Not only is Roskilde turning 40 years, but in my oppinion this would be the best way to remember the people who tragicly lost thier lives 10 years ago next year.

Written on: 23.07.2009 19:25
Deleted user i don't think we will see metallica and megadeth on the same bill icon_razz.gif
Written on: 24.07.2009 14:09
MrLee
NO matter how cool it could be, no way AC/DC will play Roskilde Festival or any other for that matter.
They've said time and time again, that they need a special designed stage for all their props and the make WAY more money on their own shows anyway.

Anyway, i could see these in 2010 as possible:

Muse
Alice in Chains
Prodigy
Megadeath
Soulsavers (preferably at night and on a smaller stage!)
Green Day icon_frown.gif
Illdisposed
Moby
A-Ha
Written on: 24.07.2009 19:46
skallgrimsson
hmmmm?

AC/DC

Most of these are rumoured to have releases in the way

Muse
Foo Fighters
Massive Attack
Basement Jaxx
Blink 182
Fugees

New releases coming this year/beginning of next

Gallows
Sunn 0)))
Wilco
Dinosaur Jr
Behemoth
Modest Mouse
The Roots
Matisyahu
Shonen Knife
Porcupine Tree
The Melvins
Devendra Banhart
Cowboy Junkies
Flaming Lips
Goo Goo Dolls
The Gossip
The Shins
Stone temple pilots
Vampire weekend
Amy Winehouse
Velvet revolver
Justice

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 24.07.2009 at 19:48.]
Written on: 25.07.2009 18:36
Limabeancross
Megadeth playing Roskilde again would be awesome!

Somehow I'm not too bothered about AC/DC playing Roskilde. They would be hugely expensive to book, so I believe I'd rather the money was spent on several other acts. They're the kind of band that, if you wanna see them, you can book tickets for their tours and watch them in all their stage glory.
Written on: 25.07.2009 21:17
Deleted user
MrLee skrev:
Megadeath
it's megadeth not megadeath
Written on: 25.07.2009 21:24
Deleted user
LiamC skrev:

Megadeth playing Roskilde again would be awesome!

Somehow I'm not too bothered about AC/DC playing Roskilde. They would be hugely expensive to book, so I believe I'd rather the money was spent on several other acts. They're the kind of band that, if you wanna see them, you can book tickets for their tours and watch them in all their stage glory.

i also think it would change the atmosphere at the festival for the worse. i like AC/DC but at there concert in copenhagen last month there were way too many "old" fans. i don't think these fans want to go to the festival but i don't think they mind paying 2000 kr just for seeing AC/DC (they gotta be rich since they could afford paying 50 kr for a pint of beer). this means that they would buy half the tickets for the festival and only show up for the AC/DC gig and then drive home again.
then the few of us who got tickets could party in a half empty camping area and go to concerts with way too small crowds (if roskilde have any money left after booking AC/DC)
Written on: 30.07.2009 16:56
Jenny
Really hope for Rise Against, Haste the Day and In Flames. Would be awesome! icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 01.08.2009 10:23
theb0wser
They HAVE to book The one, the only, the freakin Mars Volta again! Sure some journalists said it was a bad concert, but I do not think so, but I do think it was a bad "TMV" concerticon_eek.gif. What do you guys think?

Would be nice to see Amanda Palmer on the next year's poster.

Pearl Jam would be great, but let's just face it. Some people who worked as volunteers got permanent damaged after what they saw, and the fact that they weren't able to help at the concert in 2000. That's why I believe Roskilde told the press sometime this year(haven't got a link) that regarding this topic, they've decided not to have Pearl Jam at Roskilde again, in respect of those who suffers.

If Gåte acctualy get back together, I would most definitly want to see them on Arena.

David Gilmour is probably just as wanted for me to see at the festival as TMV!

ACDC would be great.. But again.. It's not going to happen, bacause they're not playing at festivals.

The Cure would be awesome.

Placebo would be great!

I guess Daft Punk would be a great booking.

Farmers Market!! Real norwegian balkan jazz/jazz fusion/prog!

Lee Ritenour! Give jazz to the people!

Lamb of God.

Meshuggah!

Lene Marlin.

I'm not glad for saying it, but I think A-ha will be booked! I've got a feeling.

And ohh, yeah.. Maybe Blink 182.. But then I ain't comming to the festival.. Or.. I am gonna come, but I'm not gonna watch the concert.. Or at least unless someone forces me. lol

These are some of the artists and bands I would like to see in 2010.

butbut.. GIEF TMV!!!

Written on: 01.08.2009 11:55
Martin Christensen
Its way to early...but I cant help myself.
I've been looking at your comments and researched a little about upcoming tours and new releases, and I ready to make my bet on some of the top of the poster:

Headliners 2010:
Muse, Megadeth, Air, Fugees, Lynryd Skynyrd, Pearl Jam and Jack Johnson.

Semi headliners:
La Roux, Placebo, Alice In Chains, Regina Spektor, Kashmir, Living Color, Stone Temple Pilots, Efterklang, Missy Elliot, Grizzly Bear.

Minor names:
Bat for Lashes, Jet, Rise Agianst, Brendan Brenson, Hatesphere.

My bet is that min 50 % i correct...icon_smile.gif
Written on: 01.08.2009 13:01
Laller
These bands would fit perfectly in the sense of getting Roskilde back on the "best line-up"-map

Bigger names:
Fleet Foxes
Beck
Jamiroquai
Silverchair
Band of Horses
Steely Dan
The Strokes
Daft Punk
Marianne Faithfull
Muse
Some old re-united bands ofcourse

Medium names:
MSTRKRFT
The Juan Maclean
The Presets
Ladyhawke
The Temper Trap
Bibio
Calvin Harris
FM Belfast
Johnossi
Kings of Convenience
Chairlift
The Datsuns
Grizzly Bear
Gus Gus
Lambchop
Passion Pit
Tenacious D
Pnau
The Sword
Van She
Wolfmother
Gossip
Eels
Felix Da Housecat
Fiona Apple
Goose
Jaga Jazzist
Miri
The Vines
Some metal-stuff
Written on: 01.08.2009 14:53
Deleted user next year i would love to see iron maiden (but won't happen since there album won't be out untill fall 2010,)megadeth (new album out september '09,)alice cooper, motörhead (always on the road) and D-A-D

Written on: 05.08.2009 17:17
Andiech
I just rediscovered my love for Audio Bullys..

I wouldn't mind dancing to their beats in '010 icon_smile.gif
Written on: 06.08.2009 17:12
vaibhav
I really hope Lene Marlin and Lykke Li are there next year! icon_lol.gif
Written on: 06.08.2009 18:32
Anisa
I would love to see Radiohead next year.
Wouldn't mind seeing:
The Cure
Muse (seeing them in oct)
Slipknot
Green Day
......and just other great bands

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 06.08.2009 at 18:36.]
Written on: 06.08.2009 22:19
Blobb
My top 3 would definately be

System of a down

Iron maiden

Rage against the machines

All of theese bands will for sure rock the stage in the same way that slipknot did this year icon_smile.gif. Please no Kanye West or Lil' Wayne shit. Let's get some artists who actually care whether or not they put up a good show.

Other awesome bands would be:

Muse
U2
Kings of Leon
DAD
Daft Punk
The Foals

But man, if we could have one of the first 3 names, 2010 will be awesome icon_smile.gif
Written on: 08.08.2009 11:20
Spikeee
Pearl Jam would be awesome!

My wishlist:

Pearl Jam
Muse
Incubus
The Killers
The Sounds
Elvis
Foo Fighters
Metallica
Mötley Crüe
Written on: 12.08.2009 07:17
vaibhav
Looks like Blink 182 might be coming to Europe next year! icon_lol.gif

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1618510/20090811/blink_182.jhtml

I can't seem to create a clickable link, please copy it!

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...