Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

BANDS CONFIRMED AT OTHER FESTIVALS (2012 version)


Author Message
Written on: 15.03.2012 11:09
Frederik Frandsen
Posts: 2
Is there any chance that Radiohead would be booked this year? They don't have confirmed any concerts thursday and sunday? icon_smile.gif
Written on: 15.03.2012 11:53
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
anno wrote:

new names for primavera:

CHROMATICS
CUCHILLO
DOMINIQUE A
JAMIE XX
LFO
LINDA MARTINI
LORENA ALVAREZ Y SU BANDA MUNICIPAL
M83
MARIANNE FAITHFULL
NO MORE LIES
PURITY RING
SLEIGH BELLS
A STORM OF LIGHT
ULTRAMAGNETIC MC'S
THE WEEKND





The Weeknd would be a great addition to Roskilde! I'd also like to see Sleigh Bells
Written on: 15.03.2012 11:54
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
I Like Turtles wrote:

Joseph wrote:

Rihanna confirmed for Peace & love festival in Sweden.

Actually think that this would be pretty nice on Orange Stage. And very likely to happen now


My girlfriend would be so happy if this happened icon_smile.gif
Written on: 15.03.2012 11:56
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Tundra wrote:

John Fogerty is playing in Oulu, Finland 1. July. Would be great to see him but I guess Bruce has already taken the grand ol' man slot of the headliners.


Yeah, but Fogerty isn't in the same bracket as Bruce when it comes to popularity, so he could certainly be considered a strong subliner?

One I would go and see, that's for sure!
Written on: 15.03.2012 13:23
Wallu
Posts: 705
Wallu wrote:

Ruisrock, Turku, Finland
6.-8.7.2012

Refused
The Cardigans
Nightwish
Jimmy Cliff
Two Door Cinema Club
Explosions In The Sky
Metronomy
Azealia Banks
Ewert And The Two Dragons
Mustasch!
Micheal Monroe

We´ve already go Refused, but how about Jimmy Cliff, for a daytime Orange show, he seems to be around. I guess no Azealia Banks this time. Evert and the Two Dragons is a good indie-pop band from Estonia. Micheal Monroe = Rock´n´Roll. Others I don´t know / care about.


Added:
Bloc Party
Veronica Maggio
Rival Sons
Pulp
Huoratron

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 15.03.2012 at 13:36.]
Written on: 16.03.2012 10:53
Tundra
Posts: 77
Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Tundra wrote:

John Fogerty is playing in Oulu, Finland 1. July. Would be great to see him but I guess Bruce has already taken the grand ol' man slot of the headliners.


Yeah, but Fogerty isn't in the same bracket as Bruce when it comes to popularity, so he could certainly be considered a strong subliner?

One I would go and see, that's for sure!

Well, the guy's still a legend, whatsoever. I think it's not likely that he'd be a subliner.
Written on: 19.03.2012 12:35
Jesper Hassell
Posts: 158
M. Ward is playing Hove festival in Norway on the 26th of june.
Also Sigur Rós seems to be touring in the late summer, might be lucky and get them anyways.
Written on: 19.03.2012 13:40
Desmond
Posts: 483
Update for Werchter:

't Hof van Commerce, Amon Tobin, Anna Calvi, Azealia Banks, Bat For Lashes, Beirut, Ben Howard, Birdy Nam Nam, Black Box Revelation, Blink-182, Calvin Harris, Chase & Status, Daisy & Lewis, Deadmau5, dEUS, Die Antwoord, DJ Fresh, Dropkick Murphys, Ed Sheeran, Editors, Elbow, Florence And The Machine, Garbage, Gossip, Incubus, Jack White, James Morrison, James Vincent Mcmorrow, Justice, Kasabian, Katy B, Katzenjammer, Kitty, Kreayshawn, M83, Mac Miller, Mastodon, Miles Kane, Milow, Mumford & Sons, My Morning Jacket, Netsky, Nneka, Noah & The Whale, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Other Lives, Paul Kalkbrenner, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rise Against, Selah Sue, Skream Ft. Sgt Pokes, Skrillex, Snow Patrol, Steve Aoki, The All-American Rejects, The Cure, The Hickey Underworld, The Kooks, The Maccabees, The Temper Trap, The Vaccines, The XX, Within Temptation, Wiz Khalifa, Wolfmother, X²

chase and status top act at saturday !!!!
Written on: 19.03.2012 18:55
herbert
Posts: 40
Desmond wrote:

Update for Werchter:

't Hof van Commerce, Amon Tobin, Anna Calvi, Azealia Banks, Bat For Lashes, Beirut, Ben Howard, Birdy Nam Nam, Black Box Revelation, Blink-182, Calvin Harris, Chase & Status, Daisy & Lewis, Deadmau5, dEUS, Die Antwoord, DJ Fresh, Dropkick Murphys, Ed Sheeran, Editors, Elbow, Florence And The Machine, Garbage, Gossip, Incubus, Jack White, James Morrison, James Vincent Mcmorrow, Justice, Kasabian, Katy B, Katzenjammer, Kitty, Kreayshawn, M83, Mac Miller, Mastodon, Miles Kane, Milow, Mumford & Sons, My Morning Jacket, Netsky, Nneka, Noah & The Whale, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Other Lives, Paul Kalkbrenner, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rise Against, Selah Sue, Skream Ft. Sgt Pokes, Skrillex, Snow Patrol, Steve Aoki, The All-American Rejects, The Cure, The Hickey Underworld, The Kooks, The Maccabees, The Temper Trap, The Vaccines, The XX, Within Temptation, Wiz Khalifa, Wolfmother, X²

chase and status top act at saturday !!!!


I would love to see Anna Calvi. Did she play Roskilde last year or is she a realistic wish?
Chase and Status played roskilde pretty recently too?

I'm hoping for Birdy Nam Nam (great concert at roskilde -06), Beirut, Jack White, Justice, Katzenjammer, M83, Wolfmother. icon_smile.gif
Written on: 19.03.2012 19:26
Wallu
Posts: 705
herbert wrote:

Desmond wrote:

Update for Werchter:

't Hof van Commerce, Amon Tobin, Anna Calvi, Azealia Banks, Bat For Lashes, Beirut, Ben Howard, Birdy Nam Nam, Black Box Revelation, Blink-182, Calvin Harris, Chase & Status, Daisy & Lewis, Deadmau5, dEUS, Die Antwoord, DJ Fresh, Dropkick Murphys, Ed Sheeran, Editors, Elbow, Florence And The Machine, Garbage, Gossip, Incubus, Jack White, James Morrison, James Vincent Mcmorrow, Justice, Kasabian, Katy B, Katzenjammer, Kitty, Kreayshawn, M83, Mac Miller, Mastodon, Miles Kane, Milow, Mumford & Sons, My Morning Jacket, Netsky, Nneka, Noah & The Whale, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Other Lives, Paul Kalkbrenner, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rise Against, Selah Sue, Skream Ft. Sgt Pokes, Skrillex, Snow Patrol, Steve Aoki, The All-American Rejects, The Cure, The Hickey Underworld, The Kooks, The Maccabees, The Temper Trap, The Vaccines, The XX, Within Temptation, Wiz Khalifa, Wolfmother, X²

chase and status top act at saturday !!!!


I would love to see Anna Calvi. Did she play Roskilde last year or is she a realistic wish?
Chase and Status played roskilde pretty recently too?

I'm hoping for Birdy Nam Nam (great concert at roskilde -06), Beirut, Jack White, Justice, Katzenjammer, M83, Wolfmother. icon_smile.gif


Anna Calvi and Chase & Status both played last year, so no go this time. Katzenjammer would be cool again.
Written on: 20.03.2012 16:17
JockeyFullOfBourbon
Posts: 892
This might be old news, but I just realized that Korpiklaani is playing Copenhell!! as their first Danish concert ever as far as I can see.. FUCK I would have loved to see them on Roskilde, they´re on my bucket list of bands I wanna see before I die!
Written on: 20.03.2012 23:21
Niceone
Posts: 63
Wow - the OFF festival in Poland looks pretty darn interesting:

http://off-festival.pl/en/2012/artist.html

Rollins, Iggy, Death in Vegas - and oh MAN what I wouldnt give to see Ty Segall once more. That guy is a live magician!
Written on: 23.03.2012 13:05
Martin Christensen
Posts: 87
Update OPENER Festival, Poland (same weekend as Roskilde).

New artist today: Mumford & Sons, Orbital, The Maccabees and Toro Y Moi.

http://www.opener.pl/pl/artists
Written on: 23.03.2012 20:03
herbert
Posts: 40
Wallu wrote:

Wallu wrote:

Ruisrock, Turku, Finland
6.-8.7.2012

Refused
The Cardigans
Nightwish
Jimmy Cliff
Two Door Cinema Club
Explosions In The Sky
Metronomy
Azealia Banks
Ewert And The Two Dragons
Mustasch!
Micheal Monroe

We´ve already go Refused, but how about Jimmy Cliff, for a daytime Orange show, he seems to be around. I guess no Azealia Banks this time. Evert and the Two Dragons is a good indie-pop band from Estonia. Micheal Monroe = Rock´n´Roll. Others I don´t know / care about.

Added:
Bloc Party
Veronica Maggio
Rival Sons
Pulp
Huoratron


Huoratron would be a great addition to Roskildes line up!
Written on: 26.03.2012 11:39
anno
Posts: 273
Niceone wrote:

Wow - the OFF festival in Poland looks pretty darn interesting:

http://off-festival.pl/en/2012/artist.html

Rollins, Iggy, Death in Vegas - and oh MAN what I wouldnt give to see Ty Segall once more. That guy is a live magician!

i went last year. it's a very very nice little festival with beautiful sourroundings and friendly people! and damn cheap too, both festival tickets, living costs and flights (at least if you live in copenhagen)
Written on: 26.03.2012 12:41
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1153
Sensation is always the same weekend as Roskilde but so far no djs have performed both at Roskilde and Sensation.

But this year they have focused on non mainstream djs and with the new Apollo stage one could hope that they will share names this year.

Mr. White
No Sensation without Mr. White. The host of every event perfectly knows how to set the mood with subtle deep and techhouse. Touring the globe with Sensation, mr. White gained a lot of experience, is very aware of his audience and knows how to warm up the crowd.

Dennis Ferrer
Dennis Ferrer is a true house legend. He is the perfect match between underground house and catchy melodies. Steadily releasing hit tracks and well known in the underground house scene for years, his worldwide break through was caused by the monster hit ‘Hey Hey’. Next to touring the globe, he’s also manager of the respected Objektivity label.

Mark Knight
Mark fits the Sensation formula very well. His combination of big room progressive house with techy grooves is praised all over the world. Next to touring the globe he’s also the head honcho of the popular Toolroom label. Known and respected for his productional skills, his mega hit ‘man with the red face’ became one of Beatport’s best selling tracks ever. On the 7th of July, Mark will raise the temperature!

The man with no shadow aka. De Man Zonder Schaduw
This dutch dj debuts at the mainstage this year after being a resident for Sensation deluxe from 2008 until 2011. Representing the underground with a stern smile towards the mainstream, he’s been winning over crowds across the Netherlands and beyond for a number of years now. Gaining notoriety as co-founder and resident of the infamous GZG raves, he is now one of Holland’s most wanted technojocks.

Riva Starr
Riva Starr has been releasing tracks on the world’s hottest labels for a while now. His style can be defined as funny and grotesque, combining disco, funk, electro and Balkan beats. He had a massive hit together with Noze called ‘I was drunk’. Riva Starr will also make his Sensation debut in Amsterdam and show you why we’ve invited him to be part of the premiere of ‘Source of Light’

Hardwell
Hardwell’s star is rising and rising. His bootleg of Laidback Luke and Steve Angello’s ‘Be’ with Robin S’ ‘show me love’ became one of the biggest tracks in 2009. Last year he scored a hit with Tiesto, remixed artists like Martin Solveig, Dada Life and Taio Cruz and reached the 24th spot in the infamous Dj mag top 100. In addition, he was just voted best international break through dj at the annual IDMA’s. Expect energetic big room house from this boy from Breda.



[This article was edited 1 times, at last 26.03.2012 at 13:03.]
Written on: 26.03.2012 13:09
Mr. Monster
Posts: 944
herbert wrote:

Wallu wrote:

Wallu wrote:

Ruisrock, Turku, Finland
6.-8.7.2012

Refused
The Cardigans
Nightwish
Jimmy Cliff
Two Door Cinema Club
Explosions In The Sky
Metronomy
Azealia Banks
Ewert And The Two Dragons
Mustasch!
Micheal Monroe

We´ve already go Refused, but how about Jimmy Cliff, for a daytime Orange show, he seems to be around. I guess no Azealia Banks this time. Evert and the Two Dragons is a good indie-pop band from Estonia. Micheal Monroe = Rock´n´Roll. Others I don´t know / care about.

Added:
Bloc Party
Veronica Maggio
Rival Sons
Pulp
Huoratron


Huoratron would be a great addition to Roskildes line up!


So would Rival Sons
Written on: 26.03.2012 20:04
Emil Asbjørn Madsen
Posts: 93
And Azealia Banks!
Written on: 26.03.2012 23:50
I Like Turtles
Posts: 760
Emil Asbjørn Madsen wrote:

And Azealia Banks!

She's playing Smukfest, and the Danish festivals usually don't share international acts as it would damage ticketsales
Written on: 27.03.2012 00:16
Macy Gray
Posts: 4
Sinead O'Connor will play Roskilde 2012
Written on: 27.03.2012 10:00
anno
Posts: 273
anno wrote:

Niceone wrote:

Wow - the OFF festival in Poland looks pretty darn interesting:

http://off-festival.pl/en/2012/artist.html

Rollins, Iggy, Death in Vegas - and oh MAN what I wouldnt give to see Ty Segall once more. That guy is a live magician!

i went last year. it's a very very nice little festival with beautiful sourroundings and friendly people! and damn cheap too, both festival tickets, living costs and flights (at least if you live in copenhagen)

oh, and they added Thurston Moore, anbb: alva noto & blixa bargeld, Baroness, Josh T. Pearson, Nosowska & Kanał Audytywny
Written on: 28.03.2012 10:41
Niceone
Posts: 63
anno wrote:

anno wrote:

Niceone wrote:

Wow - the OFF festival in Poland looks pretty darn interesting:

http://off-festival.pl/en/2012/artist.html

Rollins, Iggy, Death in Vegas - and oh MAN what I wouldnt give to see Ty Segall once more. That guy is a live magician!

i went last year. it's a very very nice little festival with beautiful sourroundings and friendly people! and damn cheap too, both festival tickets, living costs and flights (at least if you live in copenhagen)

oh, and they added Thurston Moore, anbb: alva noto & blixa bargeld, Baroness, Josh T. Pearson, Nosowska & Kanał Audytywny


Ouh thats nice!
Usually when I get back from Roskilde, I am completely done with tents and dusty beer. A few weeks later though, I always feel ready for another go. Perhaps this could be nice a way to indulge? I wonder if one could even get there by car... (I do live in Copenhagen)

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 28.03.2012 at 10:42.]
Written on: 29.03.2012 14:53
Martin Christensen
Posts: 87
Martin Christensen wrote:

Update OPENER Festival, Poland (same weekend as Roskilde).

New artist today: Mumford & Sons, Orbital, The Maccabees and Toro Y Moi.

http://www.opener.pl/pl/artists



New Order and Jamie Woon confirmed today for Opener.
Written on: 29.03.2012 14:58
Desmond
Posts: 483
Maximo Park and kaisers chief are at omas teich festival 26.-28.7.
Written on: 30.03.2012 12:46
Nicholas Solø Varela
Posts: 22
The Shins was confirmed for Hove Festival earlier today.


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...