Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

BANDS CONFIRMED AT OTHER FESTIVALS (2012 version)

Written on: 06.12.2011 09:17
gixbit
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers to Isle of Wight two weeks before Roskilde.

I guess it can be too much with two older gentlemen (counting Bruce) with guitars and jeans if they book Tom also. But with his huge cataloge of great songs Tom would be great for an afternoon spot on orange.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 06.12.2011 at 09:18.]
Written on: 06.12.2011 10:22
Jackster
It would be awesome. It's an unique situation in last 20 years. Tom Petty comes back to Europe. He has to be in Roskilde. I don't Mind if Springesteen is already booked.

C'mon Roskilde!!!

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 06.12.2011 at 10:36.]
Written on: 06.12.2011 21:24
Bongo Anders
Radiohead could still be the closing headliner because they are in Udine on wednesday and Berlin on friday and saturday and i don´t think that they would travel from Udine to Berlin via Roskilde but they could easily travel from Berlin to Roskilde to headline the orange stage on Sunday evening and they have the next few days off after Berlin so why not.
Written on: 08.12.2011 11:29
Desmond
Hurricane Festival 22.-24.6.2012

die ärzte
blink-182
justice
sportfreunde stiller

katzenjammer
florence + the machine
labrassbanda
casper
lagwagon
hot water music
mad caddies
kurt vile & the violators
fritz kalkbrenner
sebastian

some very decent bands !
Written on: 09.12.2011 11:28
Rockman
Coldplay will play in Parken, Copenhagen on the 28th of August. Looks like they wont be playing at Roskilde next year since, they are on a European Stadium Tour. Big miss by Roskilde again banghead.gif
Written on: 09.12.2011 11:30
weiss
Rockman wrote:

Coldplay will play in Parken, Copenhagen on the 28th of August. Looks like they wont be playing at Roskilde next year since, they are on a European Stadium Tour. Big miss by Roskilde again banghead.gif

Naaa, only three years since last.. why is that a big miss? Get some new and fresh bands instead..
Written on: 09.12.2011 11:45
Rockman
weiss wrote:

Rockman wrote:

Naaa, only three years since last.. why is that a big miss? Get some new and fresh bands instead..

Because they are out with a new album, which almost means a tour and because they are one of the greatest live bands in the world. But i can´t say that they haven´t tried to book them, maybe they didn´t want to play festivals this year? I can´t say.
Written on: 09.12.2011 12:25
AC/DC
Rockman wrote:

Yeah that s good, we need new fresh lineup, i hope also Roskilde will not book, last time in 2008 and that is too early for them to come back
Written on: 09.12.2011 17:13
Danni
Sweden Rock Festival:
Exodus
Saint vitus

wouldnt mind them coming to Roskilde, especially Saint Vitus
Written on: 11.12.2011 02:09
I Like Turtles
gixbit wrote:

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers to Isle of Wight two weeks before Roskilde.

I guess it can be too much with two older gentlemen (counting Bruce) with guitars and jeans if they book Tom also. But with his huge cataloge of great songs Tom would be great for an afternoon spot on orange.

If they have a chance to get Tom Petty they should go for it! Sure he would attract a lot of the same people as Bruce but you just don't say no to Tom Petty if he's available
Written on: 12.12.2011 09:29
Frederik
Rock`N`Roll Dude... wrote:

Sweden Rock 6-9 june.

So far:

Motley Crue
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Blue Oister Cult
Dimmu Borgir
Symphony X
Gamma Ray
Edguy
Slade
Pentagram
Danko Jones
Sacred Reich
Girlschool
Bonafide
Hell
Graveyard

There will be around 70-80 bands in the end.

Highlighted a band... damned, it would be awesome if symphony X found its way to Roskilde 2012!
Written on: 12.12.2011 19:27
Jackster
Kent goes to Smukfest en August. I don't understand Danish. Does this mean that it's imposibble for them to come???:

KENT (S):
Det store svenske rockband gav en af de bedste koncerter på Smukfest årgang 2010. Vi er glade for at have dem tilbage til deres eneste danske koncert vest for Storebælt i 2012.

It's 7 years since last time they did Roskilde and they are releasing new album in April. It would be great to see them again!!!
Written on: 12.12.2011 22:07
Christian Forslund
Jackster wrote:

Kent goes to Smukfest en August. I don't understand Danish. Does this mean that it's imposibble for them to come???:

KENT (S):
Det store svenske rockband gav en af de bedste koncerter på Smukfest årgang 2010. Vi er glade for at have dem tilbage til deres eneste danske koncert vest for Storebælt i 2012.

It's 7 years since last time they did Roskilde and they are releasing new album in April. It would be great to see them again!!!

No it says it's their only danish concert west of Storebelt, but Roskilde is east of Storebelt, so they could still come. But I think it's unlikely that the two festivals share any bands.

I would like to see them though.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 12.12.2011 at 22:08.]
Written on: 12.12.2011 22:09
I Like Turtles
Jackster wrote:

KENT (S):

It not impossible, they are playing Peace & Love-festival in Sweden just before Roskilde.. but I don't remember Smukfest and Roskilde ever sharing the same headliners at the same year. Don't count on it
Written on: 12.12.2011 22:50
herbert
Christian Forslund wrote:

Jackster wrote:

KENT (S):

No it says it's their only danish concert west of Storebelt, but Roskilde is east of Storebelt, so they could still come. But I think it's unlikely that the two festivals share any bands.

I would like to see them though.

But is the phrase "vest for Storebælt" commonly used? Or could it be that Smukfest knows something more about Kents concert plans for Denmark? Sure, it could just mean that they will be announced for a concert in Copenhagen but it _could_ also be that they'll play Roskilde. Unfortunately, imo.
Written on: 12.12.2011 23:25
Bongo Anders
Or most likely they will play at Fredags Rock in Tivoli.

BTW. Sadly it looks like RHCP in 2012.

Red Hot Chili Peppers 2011-2012 Tour Dates:
12/04 – Berlin, DE @ o2 World
12/05 – Munich, DE @ Olympiahalle
12/07 – Vienna, AT @ Wiener Stadthalle
12/10 – Torino, IT @ Palaolimpico
12/11 – Assago, IT @ Mediolanum Forum
12/13 – Zueich, CH @ Hallenstadion Zurich
12/15 – Barcelona, ES @ Palau Sant Jordi
12/17 – Madrid, ES @ Palacio de Deportes
01/25 – Charlotte, NC @ Time Warner Cable Arena
01/27 – Raleigh, NC @ RBC Center
01/28 – Columbia, SC @ ColonialLife Arena
01/30 – Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena
01/31 – Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum
02/03 – Memphis, TN @ FedEx Forum
06/23 – Stevenage Herts, UK @ Knebworth Park
06/24 – Sunderland, UK @ Stadium of Light
06/26 – Dublin, IE @ Croke Park
06/28 – Nijemegen, NL @ Goffert Park
06/30 – Paris, FR @ Stade de France
07/01 – Werchter, BE @ Rock Werchter
07/03 – Berne, CH @ Stade de Suisse
07/20 – St. Petersburg, RU @ Petrovsky Stadium
07/27 – Warsaw, PL @ Bernowo Airport

08/01 – Tampere, FI @ Ratina Stadium
08/29 – Zagreb, HR @ Hoppodrome
09/01 – Sofia, BG @ Georgia Asparuhov Stadium

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 12.12.2011 at 23:26.]
Written on: 12.12.2011 23:43
AC/DC
Bongo Anders wrote:

Or most likely they will play at Fredags Rock in Tivoli.

BTW. Sadly it looks like RHCP in 2012.

Red Hot Chili Peppers 2011-2012 Tour Dates:
12/04 – Berlin, DE @ o2 World
12/05 – Munich, DE @ Olympiahalle
12/07 – Vienna, AT @ Wiener Stadthalle
12/10 – Torino, IT @ Palaolimpico
12/11 – Assago, IT @ Mediolanum Forum
12/13 – Zueich, CH @ Hallenstadion Zurich
12/15 – Barcelona, ES @ Palau Sant Jordi
12/17 – Madrid, ES @ Palacio de Deportes
01/25 – Charlotte, NC @ Time Warner Cable Arena
01/27 – Raleigh, NC @ RBC Center
01/28 – Columbia, SC @ ColonialLife Arena
01/30 – Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena
01/31 – Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum
02/03 – Memphis, TN @ FedEx Forum
06/23 – Stevenage Herts, UK @ Knebworth Park
06/24 – Sunderland, UK @ Stadium of Light
06/26 – Dublin, IE @ Croke Park
06/28 – Nijemegen, NL @ Goffert Park
06/30 – Paris, FR @ Stade de France
07/01 – Werchter, BE @ Rock Werchter
07/03 – Berne, CH @ Stade de Suisse
07/20 – St. Petersburg, RU @ Petrovsky Stadium
07/27 – Warsaw, PL @ Bernowo Airport

08/01 – Tampere, FI @ Ratina Stadium
08/29 – Zagreb, HR @ Hoppodrome
09/01 – Sofia, BG @ Georgia Asparuhov Stadium

It s look like that we will maybe get Red Hot Chilip Peppers in 2012. If they will come, then i hope they will do a better show. The Show in 2007 was very bad but they played good show at Roskilde in 2002.
Written on: 13.12.2011 00:10
Martin Horn Pedersen
If they come and Roskilde pays them, I have lost all respect for Rikke
Written on: 13.12.2011 00:13
weiss
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

If they come and Roskilde pays them, I have lost all respect for Rikke

THIS! icon_evil.gif
Written on: 13.12.2011 07:44
Coldblooded
I Like Turtles wrote:

Jackster wrote:

KENT (S):

It not impossible, they are playing Peace & Love-festival in Sweden just before Roskilde.. but I don't remember Smukfest and Roskilde ever sharing the same headliners at the same year. Don't count on it

If Kent are playing, they won't headline. I know they're big and all, but even in 2002, when they were riding on the success of 'Vapen & Ammunition', arguably the Kent album which spawned the biggest hit in Denmark – 'Kärleken väntar' – they still didn't headline. They played the Orange stage though as far as I remember, and their drummer was so drunk that they had to start a song over, because he couldn't keep the pace.

If they are playing, they will most likely subline, like Kaizers Orchestra did last year – and RF shared them happily with Smukfest. There's a chance.
Written on: 13.12.2011 10:15
I Like Turtles
Coldblooded wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

Jackster wrote:

KENT (S):

If Kent are playing, they won't headline. I know they're big and all, but even in 2002, when they were riding on the success of 'Vapen & Ammunition', arguably the Kent album which spawned the biggest hit in Denmark – 'Kärleken väntar' – they still didn't headline. They played the Orange stage though as far as I remember, and their drummer was so drunk that they had to start a song over, because he couldn't keep the pace.

If they are playing, they will most likely subline, like Kaizers Orchestra did last year – and RF shared them happily with Smukfest. There's a chance.

I believed they headlined in 2005. Have bands ever been demoted from headliner to subliner? If that's the case it doesn't seem unlikely that Kent will play
Written on: 13.12.2011 10:22
Coldblooded
I Like Turtles wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

Jackster wrote:

KENT (S):

I believed they headlined in 2005. Have bands ever been demoted from headliner to subliner? If that's the case it doesn't seem unlikely that Kent will play

You're right! Sorry – I completely missed that they were also playing in 2005.
Written on: 13.12.2011 10:22
Lord Beef Jerky
Smukfest might have Kent, which is all ok with me if that means that Roskilde won't get them, but they also got Azealia Banks, which is far more interesting and a big miss for Roskilde icon_frown.gif
Written on: 13.12.2011 15:34
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Smukfest might have Kent, which is all ok with me if that means that Roskilde won't get them, but they also got Azealia Banks, which is far more interesting and a big miss for Roskilde icon_frown.gif

Oh no! That is one true gem they missed out on.
Written on: 13.12.2011 17:22
JockeyFullOfBourbon
this might be slightly out of category, but every move from this band should be mentioned!

Tool is alive, and will be touring next year.

Tool 2012 tour dates (so far):

01/14 - Reno Events Center - Reno, NV
01/17 - Tuscon Arena Tucson, AZ
01/18 - Tingley Coliseum - Albuquerque, NM
01/24 - Huntingdon Center - Toledo, OH

note the: SO FAR, one could only hope for a summer tour in europe icon_cool.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 13.12.2011 at 17:23.]

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...