D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29. juni til 6. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

BANDS CONFIRMED AT OTHER FESTIVALS (2012 version)

Written on: 09.01.2012 00:10
El Producto
anno wrote:

Jackster wrote:

anno wrote:

Primavera goes heavy:

Harvey Milk, Melvins, Orthodox, Liturgy, Sleep, Wolves In The Throne Room, Napalm Death & Mayhem

just added to the already crazy line-up.

And right now they have announced:

A.A. Bondy
Buffy Sainte-Marie
AraabMUZIK
Grimes
Mazzy Star
Afghan Whigs
Justice

that line-up is INSANE!!!! icon_eek.gif

A$AP Rocky (US) »

A.A. Bondy (US) »

AraabMUZIK (US) »

Archers Of Loaf (US) »

Baxter Dury (UK) »

Beach House (US) »

Björk (IS) »

Buffy Sainte-Marie (CA) »

Codeine (US) »

Death Cab For Cutie (US) »

Death In Vegas (UK) »

Franz Ferdinand (UK) »

Godflesh (UK) »

Grimes (CA) »

Harvey Milk (US) »

Jeff Mangum (Neutral Milk Hotel) (US) »

Josh T. Pearson (US) »

Justice (FR) »

Lisabö (SP) »

Liturgy (US) »

Mayhem (NO) »

Mazzy Star (US) »

Melvins (US) »

Mudhoney (US) »

Napalm Death (UK) »

Neon Indian (US) »

Numbers showcase: Jackmaster, Oneman, Deadboy, Spencer, Redinho () »

OFF! (US) »

Orthodox (SP) »

Other Lives (US) »

Sandro Perri (CA) »

SBTRKT (UK) »

Shellac (US) »

Siskiyou (CA) »

Sleep (US) »

Spiritualized (UK) »

The Afghan Whigs (US) »

The Dirty Three (AU) »

The Drums (US) »

The Olivia Tremor Control (US) »

The xx (UK) »

Veronica Falls (UK) »

Washed Out (US) »

White Denim (US) »

Wilco (US) »

Wolves In The Throne Room (US) »

Yo La Tengo (US) »

Holy fucking hell... That lineup really is insane.
Wilco, washed out, the xx, sbtrkt, spiritualized, mazzy star, melvins, beach house, asap rocky

If we could just get half of these bands itll be the best roskilde ever.
Written on: 10.01.2012 01:26
Iver
Coachella lineup

http://pitchfork-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/content/AiwWSHmCIAAXlCI.jpg-large

Written on: 10.01.2012 01:32
I Like Turtles
Coachella just released their always completely insane line-up including bands such as:
The Black Keys
Pulp
Arctic Monkeys
M83
M. Ward
Frank Ocean
BreakBot
GIRLS
Radiohead
The Shins
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
Feist
Sub Focus
Kasabian
Dr. Dre
Snoop Dogg
At The Drive-In
La Roux
The Weeknd
The Hives
Nero
Modeselektor
Santigold

I know that this festival isn't quite around Roskilde. The important thing here is to see that a lot of great artists are touring this summer. Very pleasantly surprised by seeing Frank Ocean, Pulp, The Weeknd, The Hives and Modeselektor on tour. I already knew that The Black Keys was touring but great to see them doing festivals as well. Now GET OVER HERE!!

btw any of you been to Coachella? Thinking about going this year or the next. Would love to hear some comments about the experience of this festival
Written on: 10.01.2012 01:39
Kong Gulerod

Yep - Released ½ hour ago. I was trying to find a decent picture to link to.

Bring Radiohead, The Black Keys, Pulp, M83, At the Drive-In and Florence and the Machine to Roskilde.

My first impression of the Coachella lineup is that it is pretty weak compared to earlier years. However I might change my mind during the coming days and weeks. If you remove Radiohead from the lineup it is average. With Radiohead in the lineup it is decent.

My first reaction; Not that many must sees for me in that lineup, that I haven't already seen before. I wouldn't mind going though icon_wink.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 10.01.2012 at 01:40.]
Written on: 10.01.2012 01:43
Kong Gulerod
I Like Turtles wrote:

btw any of you been to Coachella? Thinking about going this year or the next. Would love to hear some comments about the experience of this festival

I haven't been there but considered going for a couple of years now. Was actually seriously planning on going in 2012. But after seeing the lineup I think I'll wait and go in 2013 instead. Not too impressed with the lineup. Don't get me wrong, the lineup isn't bad. There just isn't many "I would love to see" or "I would really like to see again"-bands in the lineup.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 10.01.2012 at 01:44.]
Written on: 11.01.2012 10:08
MrLee
Ugly Kid Joe to Sweden Rock
Refused to Way Out West
Written on: 13.01.2012 09:12
ivid
Justice and The xx to Open'er (Poland).

The Flaming Lips and Animal Collective to Colours of Ostrava (Czech Republic).

We won't get Justice as they're playing Northside, but I think The xx is possible. I'd love to see Animal Collective though!
Written on: 13.01.2012 20:45
Kong Gulerod
ivid wrote:

Justice and The xxto Open'er (Poland).

The Flaming Lips and Animal Collective to Colours of Ostrava (Czech Republic).

We won't get Justice as they're playing Northside, but I think The xx is possible. I'd love to see Animal Collective though!

The XX is an obvious booking for 2012. I still can't belive Roskilde didn't book them in 2010.

I will be majorly dissapointed if they are not booked for 2012.
Written on: 14.01.2012 10:08
Lord Beef Jerky
Yeah! Bring The XX and Animal Collective please... I haven't seen these two acts live yet, and they've been in the neighbourhood of Roskilde pretty much every year the last couple of years.
Written on: 17.01.2012 01:17
AC/DC
Download Festival
Tenacious D
Soundgarden
Machine Head
Written on: 18.01.2012 13:19
KiisKiisKiis
Jackster wrote:

Franz Ferdinand for Primavera Sound (Barcelona)
Florence + The Machine for Optimus Alive (portugal) 14th july.

Florence + The Machine played at RF in 2010... but maybe we're in luck!
Written on: 18.01.2012 13:22
KiisKiisKiis
Crossing my fingers for Soundgarden... icon_redface.gif
Written on: 18.01.2012 13:36
Michael
Soundgarden will not come , because Matt Cameron is touring with Pearl Jam the same time...
or maybe he joins the rest of Soundgarden in Roskilde for a Day - but i dont think so
Written on: 18.01.2012 23:52
Karl
Cardigans will play Hultsfred: http://www.cardigans.com/?sid=default&bfs=1

The Black Keys finish their US tour in may, keep an eye on them for European summer festivals.

Kasabian finish their US tour in April, they will play festivals this summer and Roskilde are in debt to all Kasabian fans for the mistake of letting them play sunday before fucking Prince back in 2010.

Keane release new album and shows are being announced.

Mek Pek, the godfarther of Danish Hip Hop is open for booking.

The Gossip will play Rock am Ring.

The War on Drugs will arive in Europe in june with shows in Austria and Germany announced.
Written on: 19.01.2012 13:03
anno
Karl wrote:

icon_lol.gif HAHAHAHA! - i thought he was the godfather of danish punk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc5WibDUsEg

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 19.01.2012 at 13:04.]
Written on: 20.01.2012 12:00
Kasper Holm
Does anybody know when Melt Festival usually releases their lineup?
Written on: 20.01.2012 16:30
ivid
Kasper Holm wrote:

Does anybody know when Melt Festival usually releases their lineup?

Um... As far as I remember, they start in... mid-February? With a big group of artists (really big, like 50 of them or sth). After that they gradually release more acts until late spring.
Written on: 21.01.2012 01:15
Lotion
I Like Turtles wrote:

I was there last year, and the festival is amazing. I mean, the weather is always great, the music is great and the bands that's usually a headliner at Roskilde is way down on their list. There's so many great acts. The only bad part for me is that there's no heavy rock/metal there, and the fact that I was 19. You need a wristband to show your old enough to drink, and they are quite strict when it comes to alcohol. There's no drinking allowed at the festival site except for a couple of places and the camp site. But that gave me the opportunity to enjoy the music and not run around as a drunk fool for the whole festival.

Conclusion, you should experience it, I doubt you'll regret it!
Written on: 21.01.2012 05:04
I Like Turtles
Lotion wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

I was there last year, and the festival is amazing. I mean, the weather is always great, the music is great and the bands that's usually a headliner at Roskilde is way down on their list. There's so many great acts. The only bad part for me is that there's no heavy rock/metal there, and the fact that I was 19. You need a wristband to show your old enough to drink, and they are quite strict when it comes to alcohol. There's no drinking allowed at the festival site except for a couple of places and the camp site. But that gave me the opportunity to enjoy the music and not run around as a drunk fool for the whole festival.

Conclusion, you should experience it, I doubt you'll regret it!

Thanks! Maybe next year then! Couldn't get any tickets this time since both festivals was sold out in 3 hours..
Written on: 22.01.2012 10:59
Bajjorn
Karl wrote:

Cardigans will play Hultsfred: http://www.cardigans.com/?sid=default&bfs=1

The Black Keys finish their US tour in may, keep an eye on them for European summer festivals.

Kasabian finish their US tour in April, they will play festivals this summer and Roskilde are in debt to all Kasabian fans for the mistake of letting them play sunday before fucking Prince back in 2010.

Keane release new album and shows are being announced.

The Gossip will play Rock am Ring.

The War on Drugs will arive in Europe in june with shows in Austria and Germany announced.

Im really hoping to see Kasabian again. As you say, the gig 2010 at orange was quite boring. Hot sun, sunday mood and a lot of ijustcamethissundaytoseeprince-people lining up in the back.

Otherwise, does anybody know if Franz Ferdinand has a new album on its way? Haven't heard from them in ages.
Written on: 22.01.2012 13:33
jase

Otherwise, does anybody know if Franz Ferdinand has a new album on its way? Haven't heard from them in ages.

I think so, there playing field day music festival in london at the start of june. So are doing festivals this summer.

http://www.fielddayfestivals.com/line-up/
Written on: 22.01.2012 18:50
Kong Gulerod
Bajjorn wrote:

Im really hoping to see Kasabian again. As you say, the gig 2010 at orange was quite boring. Hot sun, sunday mood and a lot of ijustcamethissundaytoseeprince-people lining up in the back.

I have this strange feeling telling me that Kasabian will play Northside this year. I haven't heard any rumours or anything - It just seems like an obvoius match for 2012...

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 22.01.2012 at 18:51.]
Written on: 22.01.2012 23:18
Bongo Anders
Thats just a good example of recycling, Northside just takes the leftovers from Roskilde icon_wink.gif
Written on: 23.01.2012 06:54
Christoffer
Roskilde just can't miss out on The Black Keys this year, it would be a damn shame. The Shins would be amazing aswell. And Jeff Mangnum would also be a horrible loss if he slips through.
Written on: 23.01.2012 11:24
Nina Netland
Radiohead is playin at optimusalive in Lisbon, but has no concert on for the dates of Roskilde, GET them to ROSKILDEicon_biggrin.gif!icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...