Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

BANDS CONFIRMED AT OTHER FESTIVALS (2012 version)

Written on: 29.02.2012 12:23
Bongo Anders
The Cardigans and Wolfmother for Fredagsrock in Tivoli, Kaisers Orkestra did both this and Roskilde last year so one can still hope.

Written on: 29.02.2012 12:35
Christian Forslund
I believe that Kaizers orchestra last year was an emergency booking to replace Rob Zombie, when he cancelled. So you shouldn't conclude anything from that appearence.
Written on: 29.02.2012 17:07
Bongo Anders
That makes sense but i will see them i Tivoli anyway but i would rather have seen them at Roskilde.

But time for another rumour icon_biggrin.gif, if Roskildse intends to book Florence + The Machine then only Thursday seems possible if you look at her tour plan.

6/30 Arras, France - Main Square Festival
7/1 Werchter, Belgium - Rock Werchter
7/6 Balado, UK - T in the Park
7/8 Dublin, Ireland - Phoenix Park
7/12 Benicassim, Spain - Benicassim Festival

Written on: 01.03.2012 12:00
Swisstallica
Openair St. Gallen Switzerland 28.6 - 1.7.

donnerstag, 28. juni 2012

» Buraka Som Sistema (pt)
» Danko Jones (ca)
» Katzenjammer (no)

freitag, 29. juni 2012

» The Sexinvaders
» Broilers (de)
» Florence And The Machine (uk)
» Incubus (us)
» Paul Kalkbrenner (de)
» Züri West (ch)
» Caligola
» Ed Sheeran (uk)
» Kraftklub (de)
» Noah And The Whale (uk)
» SebastiAn

samstag, 30. juni 2012

» Casper (de)
» Deadmau5 (ca)
» Die Toten Hosen (de)
» Frantic (ch)
» Gossip (us)
» Phenomden (ch)
» Azealia Banks (us)
» Bat For Lashes (uk)
» BOY (ch/de)
» Frittenbude (de)
» Kitty, Daisy & Lewis (uk)
» Parov Stelar Band (at)
» Two Door Cinema Club

sonntag, 01. juli 2012

» Mumford and Sons (us)
» Stress (ch)
» The Kooks (uk)
» Howler (us)
» Wolfmother (au)
» Wyfelder Luusbuebe

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 01.03.2012 at 12:02.]
Written on: 02.03.2012 14:08
anno
new names for primavera:

CHROMATICS
CUCHILLO
DOMINIQUE A
JAMIE XX
LFO
LINDA MARTINI
LORENA ALVAREZ Y SU BANDA MUNICIPAL
M83
MARIANNE FAITHFULL
NO MORE LIES
PURITY RING
SLEIGH BELLS
A STORM OF LIGHT
ULTRAMAGNETIC MC'S
THE WEEKND

Written on: 02.03.2012 17:31
tor flattum
Tim Minchin confirmed to Rock Ness icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 03.03.2012 14:53
ivid
Open'er, Poland (4-7 July)

Bat For Lashes
Björk
Bloc Party
Bon Iver

Franz Ferdinand
Friendly Fires
Gogol Bordello
Janelle Monáe

Julia Marcell
Justice
Nosowska
Public Enemy

SBTRKT Live
The xx
Wiz Khalifa

Bold - new additions.

Gogol Bordello's last time was '09? Is it too early for them to come back to Roskilde? And damn, I'd love to see Bat For Lashes at RF, bloody Northside...
Written on: 04.03.2012 02:09
Bongo Anders
I'm guessing that there is a fair chance of seeing Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, Gogol Bordello, Subtract at Roskilde, Public Enemy is also a possibility but with the other hip hop names on the poster I don't think that they will come.
I have not taken their tour schedules into consideration so I'm just guessing big time.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 04.03.2012 at 02:10.]
Written on: 04.03.2012 02:40
Thorbjørn
ivid wrote:

Tundra wrote:

Rhayader wrote:

Pulp 6.7. in Ruisrock, Finland and 8.7. in B'estfest, Romania. So maybe 5.7. or 7.7. in Roskilde?

That would be great!

I concur! It sucked so much they didn't book Pulp last year, when they were around, so I hope they're going to make up for this now.

This would be a massive addition to the lineup. I saw them play Splendour In The Grass in Australia last year, and they were on fire. Easily best concert of last year and one of the best I've ever seen. I really hope they make it happen!
Written on: 05.03.2012 21:06
Afrika-Expeditionens Dr. Gregersen
Antony And The Johnsons are playing in Belgium July 11th with The Metropole Orchestra. They have no announced dates between that and June 5th in Amsterdam (as well with the orchestra). They could do roskilde then. I would love that icon_cool.gif

http://antonyandthejohnsons.com/upcomingevents/dates.html
Written on: 06.03.2012 11:57
Tundra
ivid wrote:

Public Enemy

PUBLIC ENEMY! We need it!
Written on: 07.03.2012 11:52
Kuken Andersson
Rihanna confirmed for Peace & love festival in Sweden.
Written on: 07.03.2012 12:03
I Like Turtles
Joseph wrote:

Actually think that this would be pretty nice on Orange Stage. And very likely to happen now
Written on: 07.03.2012 19:42
Lotion
I Like Turtles wrote:

Joseph wrote:

Actually think that this would be pretty nice on Orange Stage. And very likely to happen now

The thing is that Hove and Peace&love is a week earlier than roskilde this year. You might know this. So it's not that likely that Snoop Dogg, Rihanna (which is also playing in holmenkollen, norway that week) , Skrillex etc.. would be booked for roskilde, as it would've the past years.

Seems like the big acts usually go through scandinavia once during a summer, and the scandinavian festivals will share less acts with roskilde this year.
Written on: 08.03.2012 09:48
Martin Christensen

New annoucements yesterday.

The Kills
Major Lazor
M83
Dry The River
Written on: 08.03.2012 11:41
I Like Turtles
Lotion wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

Joseph wrote:

The thing is that Hove and Peace&love is a week earlier than roskilde this year. You might know this. So it's not that likely that Snoop Dogg, Rihanna (which is also playing in holmenkollen, norway that week) , Skrillex etc.. would be booked for roskilde, as it would've the past years.

Seems like the big acts usually go through scandinavia once during a summer, and the scandinavian festivals will share less acts with roskilde this year.

I see that.. The thing is that she's also playing Hyde Park in London on the 8th of July, which means that she's pretty close to Denmark. And I don't think that she will play a solo concert when she almost just played in Herning. A Copenhagen show could be likely but I don't see it, as Madonna plays Parken on the 2nd of July. I think another big female artist in the same week could damage both ticketsales.. Only option for a Denmark show therefore could be Roskilde. Unless Nibe or another small festival makes a giant scoop, like with Ministry

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 08.03.2012 at 11:43.]
Written on: 12.03.2012 04:38
Thorbjørn
Hyggeinstituttet wrote:

Antony And The Johnsons are playing in Belgium July 11th with The Metropole Orchestra. They have no announced dates between that and June 5th in Amsterdam (as well with the orchestra). They could do roskilde then. I would love that icon_cool.gif

http://antonyandthejohnsons.com/upcomingevents/dates.html

Now that would be amazing!
Written on: 12.03.2012 21:56
Karl
The Black Keys and Kasabian have both been confirmed at Reading and Leeds festivals.
Why why why did Roskilde miss out on both of them banghead.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 12.03.2012 at 21:57.]
Written on: 12.03.2012 23:09
I Like Turtles
Karl wrote:

The Black Keys and Kasabian have both been confirmed at Reading and Leeds festivals.
Why why why did Roskilde miss out on both of them banghead.gif

The Black Keys are only playing Europe a long time after Roskilde, so it's quite difficult to book them. Don't know about Kasabian but they did play Roskilde in 2010, so Roskilde hasn't really missed out on them
Written on: 13.03.2012 07:27
Christian Forslund
Kasabian are playing Northside. Besides tht they played at Roskilde in 2010, so it was probably too soon for them to play Roskilde anyway.
Written on: 13.03.2012 08:17
Nicholas Solø Varela
Crystal Castles has been confirmed for several festivals in Europe this year, including Reading and Leeds. I really hope they come to Roskilde this year, they've never been there before - which is actually really wierd, since they've been at almost every other (big) festival elsewhere in Europe.
Written on: 13.03.2012 11:43
Tundra
John Fogerty is playing in Oulu, Finland 1. July. Would be great to see him but I guess Bruce has already taken the grand ol' man slot of the headliners.
Written on: 13.03.2012 17:48
Lotion
Foo Fighters is playing Reading/Leeds, but haven't announced any other dates in Europe. They did a europe tour last year, so those shows in England might be it!
Written on: 13.03.2012 20:01
maravn
gaslight anthem is booked to norwegian wood in oslo! really hope roskilde will announce them soon too, cause i hate norwegian wood.
Written on: 13.03.2012 21:32
I Like Turtles
Lana Del Rey just got confirmed for Hove Festival who has a history of sharing many names with Roskilde. Don't know about the status now when Roskilde takes place a week after Hove, but I'm hoping for this!

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...