Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Blink 182?

Written on: 22.03.2009 12:44
Petteri Pertola
Travis Barker's twitter (http://twitter.com/trvsbrkr/status/1358326333) reads:

"Whatchu think about Wayne on a Blink tour?"

Lil Wayne confirmed to Roskilde, perhaps Blink 182 will follow?
Written on: 22.03.2009 14:09
Ievgen
ooooooo!!!!! it will be great!!!!!! but in that case we should choose between Blink 182, abd Green Day....i dont really know what i want more))))
Written on: 22.03.2009 15:27
EmilMark
Ievgen skrev:

ooooooo!!!!! it will be great!!!!!! but in that case we should choose between Blink 182, abd Green Day....i dont really know what i want more))))

To hell with green day! We whant Bink!!!
Written on: 23.03.2009 22:54
Stand up for rock n' roll!
EmilMark skrev:

Ievgen skrev:

To hell with green day! We whant Bink!!!

blink over green day, any day!
Written on: 24.03.2009 09:15
Lord Beef Jerky
Well, Green Day has had some alright hits and give very good concerts... can't find one redeeming quality over Blink 182... but I'd prefer Blink 182 as well, just for the laughs. I actually still need my yearly concert laugh at Roskilde, sure they've booked some awful bands as usual, but none that are so bad they're good so far.
Written on: 24.03.2009 11:42
ond_skinke
Lord Beef Jerky skrev:

Well, Green Day has had some alright hits and give very good concerts... can't find one redeeming quality over Blink 182... but I'd prefer Blink 182 as well, just for the laughs. I actually still need my yearly concert laugh at Roskilde, sure they've booked some awful bands as usual, but none that are so bad they're good so far.

i think that lil wayne will do the trick for me this year..

slipknot should be great for laughs aswell, but that's not because theyre a bad band (if youre into the whole thrash-metal thing) theyre just very "loud" so to speak.
Written on: 24.03.2009 11:47
Lord Beef Jerky
ond_skinke skrev:

Lord Beef Jerky skrev:

i think that lil wayne will do the trick for me this year..

slipknot should be great for laughs aswell, but that's not because theyre a bad band (if youre into the whole thrash-metal thing) theyre just very "loud" so to speak.

Lil Wayne is a good possibility actually, had totally forgotten about that guy.
Written on: 24.03.2009 13:53
Yeah
Would love to see them icon_razz.gif My favourite band when I was a teenager icon_razz.gif
Written on: 25.03.2009 21:50
Sami
that'll be awesome if their comin' to roskilde, but wanna say about green day: they can't come to roskilde 'cause their tour is beginning in july and their startin' from usa so.. =/ but blink-182 is one of my fav band and i wanna see them live before my life's ending !
Written on: 25.03.2009 21:55
Ievgen
Sami skrev:

that'll be awesome if their comin' to roskilde, but wanna say about green day: they can't come to roskilde 'cause their tour is beginning in july and their startin' from usa so.. =/ but blink-182 is one of my fav band and i wanna see them live before my life's ending !

i been hopyng that Green Day could start from Roskilde)))) but yes...its impossible, so, if no GD...give us Blink182)
Written on: 25.03.2009 23:37
skallgrimsson
Ievgen skrev:

Sami skrev:

i been hopyng that Green Day could start from Roskilde)))) but yes...its impossible, so, if no GD...give us Blink182)

This year, so far, there are 2 punkbands (Cancer Bats and Social Distortion).

I hope Roskilde borrows some from www.westcoastriot.se, www.rockparty.se and www.metaltown.se

PERSONALLY I'M THINKING ABOUT:

Gaslight Anthem
Pennywise
Dropkick Murphys
Napalm Death

Written on: 26.03.2009 00:00
Dave The Babe
and Fucked Up
Written on: 26.03.2009 00:10
Kristian
I hope for some good old school punks like subhumans, uk subs (both touring) or Conflict, Mob 47.. (all attending punk illegal festival just two weeks before roskilde), or some new punk/hardcore bands.

Anything but anti flag, fucking hate them.
Written on: 26.03.2009 00:13
Ievgen
skallgrimsson skrev:

Ievgen skrev:

Sami skrev:

I hope Roskilde borrows some from www.westcoastriot.se, www.rockparty.se and www.metaltown.se

Gaslight Anthem
Pennywise
Dropkick Murphys
Napalm Death

caught your thoughts) it's just because Blink and GD plays not those kind of punk that you like, am i right? from your list i prefer Gaslight Anthem and Pennywise. Dropkick Murphys as for me, too much folk and celtic tunes. Napalm Death - punk?
but i still want Blink as best in pop-punk)
Written on: 26.03.2009 01:58
skallgrimsson
Ievgen skrev:

skallgrimsson skrev:

Ievgen skrev:

Sami skrev:

Gaslight Anthem
Pennywise
Dropkick Murphys
Napalm Death

caught your thoughts) it's just because Blink and GD plays not those kind of punk that you like, am i right? from your list i prefer Gaslight Anthem and Pennywise. Dropkick Murphys as for me, too much folk and celtic tunes. Napalm Death - punk?
but i still want Blink as best in pop-punk)

You are right. Napalm may be a lot more grind/death than regular 70-80s punk/punk-pop but very punky.

But Gaslight Anthem and Pennywise would probably please a lot of punkers.

icon_wink.gif
Written on: 26.03.2009 02:05
skallgrimsson
Dave The Babe skrev:

and Fucked Up

Yes forgot them.

Starting to like them actually.

So far I've only heard their 2008 record The Chemistry of Common Life.
It was really good actually. Hope to hear their latest recird soon.

icon_razz.gif
Written on: 29.03.2009 22:59
Mads Martinussen
Blink 182 on Roskilde would be so awesome! And it is such an obvious choice, the biggest punk/pop band in the world, and they just got back together and plan to tour the world in the summer! Really hope Roskilde books them!
Written on: 29.03.2009 23:03
Dave The Babe
if Blink 182 got booked, what stage do you think they would play?

i cant imagine them filling up orange. im unsure about arena too.
Written on: 29.03.2009 23:06
Stand up for rock n' roll!
i think they can fill up arena, since they're returning from a break up and they were a pretty big name before they broke up, so i think they will ?
Written on: 30.03.2009 07:33
Don Roberto
wow... Are you guys seriously calling Blink and GD punk?
Just because they dyed their hair and got a tattoo doesn't make them punk.
Written on: 30.03.2009 07:55
Kasper Holm
Pretty ignorant statement mate. Both Green Day and Blink 182 were front-runners for the 90's punk movement.. Especially Green Day. That doesn't mean they haven't though about their image in 2004-09
Written on: 30.03.2009 10:30
Ievgen
Don Roberto wrote:

wow... Are you guys seriously calling Blink and GD punk?
Just because they dyed their hair and got a tattoo doesn't make them punk.

actually there are a lot of variations of punk and Blink and GD play one of them. if you compare them to 80's punk, or maybe hardcore-punk, or smth like this, of course it's not the same....
Written on: 30.03.2009 13:43
Don Roberto
I agree that they were good punks back in the days... But now they are so commercial and popish.

This is like one or to songs on the American idiot album that can be described as punk.

Dont get me wrong. I am a big fan of Green Day, but I just don't see them as punk anymore icon_smile.gif
Written on: 30.03.2009 15:01
Kasper Holm
Don Roberto skrev:

I agree that they were good punks back in the days... But now they are so commercial and popish.

This is like one or to songs on the American idiot album that can be described as punk.

Dont get me wrong. I am a big fan of Green Day, but I just don't see them as punk anymore icon_smile.gif

Well I can't disagree with you there - but a band has its natural progressions.. A lot of people (I'm not saying you are) just want the same Dookie repeated all over again and I'm against that. That's musical stagnancy and that leads ultimately to mediocrity. Now at least Green Day has evolved, not like Offspring or other punk-bands from the 90's.
Written on: 30.03.2009 16:15
Petteri Pertola
Kasper Holm skrev:

Don Roberto skrev:

Well I can't disagree with you there - but a band has its natural progressions.. A lot of people (I'm not saying you are) just want the same Dookie repeated all over again and I'm against that. That's musical stagnancy and that leads ultimately to mediocrity. Now at least Green Day has evolved, not like Offspring or other punk-bands from the 90's.

Yeah and what about Bad Religion? They haven't changed almost all all during the 29 years they've been a band, and that's why people love them. I personally hate when my favorite bands 'evolve' into commercialized crap ("American Idiot" or "Blink 182" albums anyone?). Take a band like Pennywise (they aren't coming to Roskilde, they announced that West Coast Riot is their exclusive show in Europe) who have been doing the same thing for more than a decade. Small changes are acceptable (like Rise Against) but turning on your entire fanbase like Green Day did is not.

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...