D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27. juni til 4. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Blink 182?

Written on: 30.03.2009 17:36
Så scorede Lyngby sgu!
Petteri Pertola skrev:

Kasper Holm skrev:

Don Roberto skrev:

I agree that they were good punks back in the days... But now they are so commercial and popish.

This is like one or to songs on the American idiot album that can be described as punk.

Dont get me wrong. I am a big fan of Green Day, but I just don't see them as punk anymore icon_smile.gif

Well I can't disagree with you there - but a band has its natural progressions.. A lot of people (I'm not saying you are) just want the same Dookie repeated all over again and I'm against that. That's musical stagnancy and that leads ultimately to mediocrity. Now at least Green Day has evolved, not like Offspring or other punk-bands from the 90's.

Yeah and what about Bad Religion? They haven't changed almost all all during the 29 years they've been a band, and that's why people love them. I personally hate when my favorite bands 'evolve' into commercialized crap ("American Idiot" or "Blink 182" albums anyone?). Take a band like Pennywise (they aren't coming to Roskilde, they announced that West Coast Riot is their exclusive show in Europe) who have been doing the same thing for more than a decade. Small changes are acceptable (like Rise Against) but turning on your entire fanbase like Green Day did is not.

Bull shit. I'd say David Bowie, Neil Young and Blur, just to name a few, have made some radical changes in musical direction - with succes.
Written on: 06.04.2009 22:22
frederik
if blink 182 came this year, it would be mind blowing, no one would miss their teenager fav band.
unbelievable if they are brought
Written on: 06.04.2009 22:33
MasterMaster
Så scorede Lyngby sgu! skrev:

Petteri Pertola skrev:

Kasper Holm skrev:

Don Roberto skrev:

I agree that they were good punks back in the days... But now they are so commercial and popish.

This is like one or to songs on the American idiot album that can be described as punk.

Dont get me wrong. I am a big fan of Green Day, but I just don't see them as punk anymore icon_smile.gif

Well I can't disagree with you there - but a band has its natural progressions.. A lot of people (I'm not saying you are) just want the same Dookie repeated all over again and I'm against that. That's musical stagnancy and that leads ultimately to mediocrity. Now at least Green Day has evolved, not like Offspring or other punk-bands from the 90's.

Yeah and what about Bad Religion? They haven't changed almost all all during the 29 years they've been a band, and that's why people love them. I personally hate when my favorite bands 'evolve' into commercialized crap ("American Idiot" or "Blink 182" albums anyone?). Take a band like Pennywise (they aren't coming to Roskilde, they announced that West Coast Riot is their exclusive show in Europe) who have been doing the same thing for more than a decade. Small changes are acceptable (like Rise Against) but turning on your entire fanbase like Green Day did is not.

Bull shit. I'd say David Bowie, Neil Young and Blur, just to name a few, have made some radical changes in musical direction - with succes.

I agree... Doing the same thing over and over again gets old..
I hate it when bands who change their sound a bit over the years always are said to be sellouts...
Take Metallica as an example.. their sound has changed tremendously over the years... listen to Kill em all, and then listen to reLoad... you wont think its the same band... But i think its natural for a band to want to explore new aspects of music... Playing the same thing over and over again doesnt only get old for the listeners, but also for the band itself

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 06.04.2009 at 22:36.]
Written on: 06.04.2009 22:41
Så scorede Lyngby sgu!
Yeah, whats the point of making the same record 20 times?

Surely there are acts that I stopped caring about because they made what I thought was a wrong change of direction (what ever happened Britney?) but most of the bands I like best have made a change a some point - or gradually.

I think it would be rather sad for fx. a punk band to write the same tunes when they are 50 as when they were 20 icon_rolleyes.gif
Written on: 06.04.2009 22:44
MasterMaster

Surely there are acts that I stopped caring about because they made what I thought was a wrong change of direction (what ever happened Britney?) but most of the bands I like best have made a change a some point - or gradually.

I think it would be rather sad for fx. a punk band to write the same tunes when they are 50 as when they were 20 icon_rolleyes.gif

indeed
Written on: 07.04.2009 00:22
Ievgen
Mastermaster wrote:

Så scorede Lyngby sgu! wrote:

indeed

so in general conclusion, we all say that we need Blink or Green Day))))
Written on: 07.04.2009 01:46
Stand up for rock n' roll!
Ievgen skrev:

Mastermaster skrev:

indeed

i think that's about right xD
Written on: 07.04.2009 08:23
Robin Vikström
Don Roberto wrote:

wow... Are you guys seriously calling Blink and GD punk?
Just because they dyed their hair and got a tattoo doesn't make them punk.

Pop-punk is another genre, mate.

The price of Blink '09 would probably be the same as a headliner, so I believe they would headline if they were booked. They most likely won't come though, I believe they'll make a US tour and perhaps a EU festival tour next year when the new album is out.
Written on: 07.04.2009 09:30
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Ievgen skrev:

Mastermaster skrev:

indeed

No
Written on: 07.04.2009 09:53
Ievgen
Robin Vikström wrote:

Don Roberto wrote:

wow... Are you guys seriously calling Blink and GD punk?
Just because they dyed their hair and got a tattoo doesn't make them punk.

Pop-punk is another genre, mate.

The price of Blink '09 would probably be the same as a headliner, so I believe they would headline if they were booked. They most likely won't come though, I believe they'll make a US tour and perhaps a EU festival tour next year when the new album is out.

but they announced that they will made a world tour this summer))

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...