D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27. juni til 4. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with no new replies

Essential 2010 Band

Written on: 09.12.2009 00:48
Anders Post
Ok here is a big one...

What band/artist is in your opinion the most essential in the 2010 Roskilde Festival line-up?
You will have to argue your case with both objective and subjective reasons.
Try not to flame each others choices, but argue why your particular choice is better.
Its great if you add links and parts of reviews.
We can not expect to agree, but maybe we will come to learn something or even be persuaded to go and see a band in the future line-up.
Written on: 09.12.2009 23:18
Lord Beef Jerky
Essential? David Bowie. He was booked some years ago and cancelled (for good reasons though). Both Roskilde and Bowie owes us! Especially since he isn't getting any younger.
Written on: 11.12.2009 22:10
Stand up for rock n' roll!
Pearl Jam though it wont happen.. (:
Written on: 11.12.2009 23:55
unsent
I would love for Pearl Jam to play Roskilde again - and hate it simultaneously! I nearly lost my life and did lose a friend at that gig ten years ago banghead.gif

I think it would somehow be therapeutic for me - and for the band as well.

Let's see which else: I'd love for the Raveonettes to repeat their show from this year - so great! Also, Lars and Line in lars and the Hands of Light are completely amazing live - they'd work well for Roskilde.
Written on: 13.12.2009 23:18
MasterMaster
Hard to say... Something really classic..

And of course, Pearl Jam would be the ultimate booking.. Exactly 10 years after the accident, a good way to honour the ones who passed away
Written on: 14.12.2009 04:12
JockeyFullOfBourbon
Tom Waits! and I got three very good reasons icon_smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C49H3aWdiK8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKI_ex5-OCA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-t9z8OLoCg

watch it if you´re a little bored and want to see one of our times most genius men!

another great one would be Thin Lizzy, those boys can still rock!

and to unsent.. sorry for the loss of your friend !
Written on: 23.12.2009 00:39
Deleted user Iron Maiden. They haven't played Roskilde since 2003!

They are touring Europe this summer and they are one of the best live bands in the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgC3uyjgmn0
Written on: 23.12.2009 16:37
Tom Jarman
Pearl Jam will determine whether or not I go to Roskilde.
Written on: 23.12.2009 22:32
R T
Since we're talking about essential to the 2010 lineup in particular, I'm going to go ahead and say Animal Collective. Both Merriweather Post Pavilion and Fall Be Kind are amazing not to mention highly praised albums, so I'd say they're the essential 2010 band.

Sure -- I, too, would love to see [insert name of legendary name here] play Roskilde as much as the next person, but if we're talking 2010 specifically... yeah, Animal Collective.

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...