Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Expected bands for 2013 (touring in Europe next summer)

Written on: 11.10.2012 21:10
MariA
I hope they will also visit Roskilde. Green Day are awesome live icon_cool.gif

They were pretty boring in France. So it's a bit to me like the RHCP at Roskilde 2007 : don't mind - IF - they come for free. icon_wink.gif
Written on: 11.10.2012 21:53
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
MariA wrote:

They were pretty boring in France. So it's a bit to me like the RHCP at Roskilde 2007 : don't mind - IF - they come for free. icon_wink.gif

A band playing a boring concert in Francen, and a band fucking major up as Roskilde, it not the same at all!
Written on: 11.10.2012 22:11
MariA
A band playing a boring concert in Francen

IF only they had actually played music... !! Making a circus on stage and playing 3seconds of a song and then stop to get back to the clown act for 15minutes.. wonder who's fucking major up better.. !! icon_rolleyes.gif
Written on: 12.10.2012 11:51
AC/DC
MariA wrote:

I saw Green Day at Roskilde Festival in 2005 and show was awesome. I know many people really like that show also so they are not boring live icon_cool.gif
And i don t think it is the same to see Green Day like RHCP in 2007. RHCP played to long songs and solos but not Green Day. Green Day are not just a band,theyr are alao entertainment but not RHCP but Red Hot Chili Peppers played good show at Roskilde in 2002 icon_biggrin.gif

[This article was edited 3 times, at last 12.10.2012 at 16:05.]
Written on: 15.10.2012 12:05
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
No Kiss for Roskilde it seems:

http://blastbeast.dk/2012/10/kiss-til-forum/
Written on: 15.10.2012 21:33
AC/DC
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Damm but i hope we will get AC/DC icon_cool.gif
Written on: 15.10.2012 22:32
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
AC/DC wrote:

What a surprise icon_wink.gif
Written on: 16.10.2012 12:35
AC/DC

AC/DC wrote:

What a surprise icon_wink.gif

AC/DC will tour next year and they want to play more festivals icon_cool.gif
Written on: 19.10.2012 08:20
Fredde
Depeche Mode is rumored to play swedish Peace&Love at the end of june.
Written on: 19.10.2012 12:45
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Amon Amarth confirmed for Sweden Rock Festival. June 6th
Written on: 22.10.2012 22:02
Bongo Anders
Depeche Mode were out even before they were in. icon_biggrin.gif

Hele Depeche Modes Europaturné ser ud som følger, citeret fra Pitchfork:

05-07 Tel Aviv, Israel - Hayarkon Park
05-10 Athens, Greece - Terra Vibe
05-12 Sofia, Bulgaria - Georgi Asparuhov Stadium
05-15 Bucharest, Romania - National Stadium
05-17 Istanbul, Turkey - Kucukciftlik Park
05-19 Belgrade, Serbia - Usce Park
05-21 Budapest, Hungary – Puskas Ferenc Stadium
05-23 Zagreb, Republic of Croatia - Hippodrome
05-25 Bratislava, Slovakia – Inter Stadium
05-28 London, England – O2 Arena
06-01 Munich, Germany – Olympic Stadium
06-03 Stuttgart, Germany – Mercedes-Benz Arena
06-05 Frankfurt, Germany – Commerzbank Arena
06-07 Berne, Switzerland - Stade De Suisse
06-09 Berlin, Germany – Olympic Stadium
06-11 Leipzig, Germany – Red Bull Arena
06-13 Copenhagen, Denmark - Parken
06-15 Paris, France – Stade De France
06-17 Hamburg, Germany – Imtech Arena
06-22 Moscow, Russia – Locomotive Stadium
06-24 St. Petersburg, Russia – SKK Arena
06-27 Borlange, Sweden - Peace & Love Festival
06-29 Kiev, Ukraine – Olympic Stadium
07-03 Dusseldorf, Germany – Esprit Arena
07-07 Werchter, Belgium – Rock Werchter Festival
07-11 Bilbao, Spain – BBK Festival
07-13 Lisbon, Portugal – Optimus Alive Festival
07-16 Nimes, France – Antic Arina
07-18 Milan, Italy – San Siro Stadium
07-20 Rome, Italy – Olympic Stadium
07-23 Prague, Czech Republic – Olympic Stadium
07-25 Warsaw, Poland – National Stadium
07-27 Vilnius, Lithuania – Vingis Park
07-29 Minsk, Belarus – Minsk Arena
Written on: 24.10.2012 12:44
Christian Forslund
Iron Maiden are playing in Malmø on the 10. july

link
Written on: 24.10.2012 23:47
mowgly
Bongo Anders wrote:

Depeche Mode were out even before they were in. icon_biggrin.gif

Hele Depeche Modes Europaturné ser ud som følger, citeret fra Pitchfork:

05-07 Tel Aviv, Israel - Hayarkon Park
05-10 Athens, Greece - Terra Vibe
05-12 Sofia, Bulgaria - Georgi Asparuhov Stadium
05-15 Bucharest, Romania - National Stadium
05-17 Istanbul, Turkey - Kucukciftlik Park
05-19 Belgrade, Serbia - Usce Park
05-21 Budapest, Hungary – Puskas Ferenc Stadium
05-23 Zagreb, Republic of Croatia - Hippodrome
05-25 Bratislava, Slovakia – Inter Stadium
05-28 London, England – O2 Arena
06-01 Munich, Germany – Olympic Stadium
06-03 Stuttgart, Germany – Mercedes-Benz Arena
06-05 Frankfurt, Germany – Commerzbank Arena
06-07 Berne, Switzerland - Stade De Suisse
06-09 Berlin, Germany – Olympic Stadium
06-11 Leipzig, Germany – Red Bull Arena
06-13 Copenhagen, Denmark - Parken
06-15 Paris, France – Stade De France
06-17 Hamburg, Germany – Imtech Arena
06-22 Moscow, Russia – Locomotive Stadium
06-24 St. Petersburg, Russia – SKK Arena
06-27 Borlange, Sweden - Peace & Love Festival
06-29 Kiev, Ukraine – Olympic Stadium
07-03 Dusseldorf, Germany – Esprit Arena
07-07 Werchter, Belgium – Rock Werchter Festival
07-11 Bilbao, Spain – BBK Festival
07-13 Lisbon, Portugal – Optimus Alive Festival
07-16 Nimes, France – Antic Arina
07-18 Milan, Italy – San Siro Stadium
07-20 Rome, Italy – Olympic Stadium
07-23 Prague, Czech Republic – Olympic Stadium
07-25 Warsaw, Poland – National Stadium
07-27 Vilnius, Lithuania – Vingis Park
07-29 Minsk, Belarus – Minsk Arena

What is your conclusion based on? As you can see there is an empty slot on 5/7 which is most likely reserved for DM
Written on: 25.10.2012 07:51
Christian Forslund
Because it's highly unlikely that DM will play two times in Copenhagen within three weeks.

95% of their audience would only want to see them at one of the concerts. In Parken they would expect to sellout (40000 tickets) and in RF they would be a top three headliner, so the audience is just not big enough to fill both concerts.
If RF booked them, I'm sure they would demand DM to only play at RF (when was the last time a major headliner played another concert in Denamrk the same year). I guess Parken would demand the same.
Written on: 25.10.2012 09:02
mowgly
Christian Forslund wrote:

Because it's highly unlikely that DM will play two times in Copenhagen within three weeks.

95% of their audience would only want to see them at one of the concerts. In Parken they would expect to sellout (40000 tickets) and in RF they would be a top three headliner, so the audience is just not big enough to fill both concerts.
If RF booked them, I'm sure they would demand DM to only play at RF (when was the last time a major headliner played another concert in Denamrk the same year). I guess Parken would demand the same.

Coldplay in 2009 playing at Roskilde and Herning the same month. Both venues sold out...

The main difference is that RF will most likely be sold out anyway - and is more for the younger crowd whether the venue in Parken will be dedicated to their older and hardcore fans. I don't see any conflict in them playing in DK twice.

Written on: 25.10.2012 09:51
Lord Beef Jerky
mowgly wrote:

Coldplay in 2009 playing at Roskilde and Herning the same month. Both venues sold out...

The main difference is that RF will most likely be sold out anyway - and is more for the younger crowd whether the venue in Parken will be dedicated to their older and hardcore fans. I don't see any conflict in them playing in DK twice.

Coldplay is also the only headliner I can think of, that played another venue in Denmark within a month of Roskilde in the 16 years I've been there. Also, Copenhagen is a bit closer to Roskilde than Herning.
Written on: 25.10.2012 11:32
Desmond
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

mowgly wrote:

Coldplay is also the only headliner I can think of, that played another venue in Denmark within a month of Roskilde in the 16 years I've been there. Also, Copenhagen is a bit closer to Roskilde than Herning.

There would be no trouble, if RF announce DM late/very late

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 25.10.2012 at 12:01.]
Written on: 25.10.2012 11:36
Christian Forslund
mowgly wrote:

As Lord Beef Jerky said, it is very unsual and Herning also is further away.

RF might be soldout anyway, but I for one is considering seing DM at Parken, but I definately wouldn't if I could see them at Roskilde hree weeks later.
And while RF claims to be for the younger crowd, this years headliners really didn't reflect it the biggest names being Bruce Springsteen, Cure and Bjørk, so RF is also looking for that segment not matter what they claim (and DM would match Cure quite well).
Written on: 25.10.2012 11:40
AC/DC
I don t think that Depeche Mode will also play at Roskilde because they are playing big concert in Copenhagen on June 13

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 25.10.2012 at 11:41.]
Written on: 26.10.2012 09:56
Coldblooded

mowgly wrote:

RF might be soldout anyway, but I for one is considering seing DM at Parken, but I definately wouldn't if I could see them at Roskilde hree weeks later.
And while RF claims to be for the younger crowd, this years headliners really didn't reflect it the biggest names being Bruce Springsteen, Cure and Bjørk, so RF is also looking for that segment not matter what they claim (and DM would match Cure quite well).

Another argument counting against the odds that DM would show at Roskilde is, that the last two concerts in Denmark (Parken and NRGi Arena) didn't sell out. The latter one not at all – the venue was hardly more than half full. If a concert arranger doubts their ticketsales, they most likely won't put up another concert in the near geographical vicinity to potentially sabotage it.
Written on: 26.10.2012 19:11
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Coldblooded wrote:

mowgly wrote:

Another argument counting against the odds that DM would show at Roskilde is, that the last two concerts in Denmark (Parken and NRGi Arena) didn't sell out. The latter one not at all – the venue was hardly more than half full. If a concert arranger doubts their ticketsales, they most likely won't put up another concert in the near geographical vicinity to potentially sabotage it.

It's just not going to happen and it is very disappointing that RF weren't capable of striking a deal along with Wercther.
Written on: 26.10.2012 23:24
Christian Forslund
Top Secret Identity wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

mowgly wrote:

It's just not going to happen and it is very disappointing that RF weren't capable of striking a deal along with Wercther.

I agree they would have been a perfect thursday headliner, and it was one of the five wishes I sent to RF.
Written on: 27.10.2012 15:41
Colo
RF have to start thinking about that they are not only Denmarks biggest festival.
They are also Norways, Sweden, Finlands, Icelands, and northern Germanys biggest festival.
Hove festival in Norway are att the same time as RF. If they book DM,
RF are going to lose a lot of Norwegian people banghead.gif
Written on: 02.11.2012 14:12
JonH
Joe Satriani is going to play in Germany at june the 29! Would be great if they booked him! icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 04.11.2012 14:36
Robert Haan
I believe that Troy van Leeuwen confirmed that Queens of the stone age will play Pinkpop festival. It's about a month earlier, but perhaps they will also play Roskilde.

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...