Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Expected bands for 2013 (touring in Europe next summer)

Written on: 26.02.2013 03:17
MLovmo
The Heavy, Modestep and Phoenix are all coming to Hove festivale in Norway..
Would really like to see them all!
what di you guys think?
Written on: 26.02.2013 13:31
muoe
Phoenix, Daughter, Everything Everything, Imagine Dragons, Michael Kiwanuka and Tegan and Sara have just been added to the NorthSide Festival-lineup.
Written on: 04.03.2013 11:29
Bongo Anders
Rammstein are still having Thursday and Friday free in their schedule, they got no dates in the days leading up to Roskilde but they just have to be in Belgium on the Saturday.

So what do you say about a Thursday evening with Rammstein and Slipknot icon_smile.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 04.03.2013 at 11:41.]
Written on: 04.03.2013 12:36
DukeofDK
Bongo Anders wrote:

Rammstein are still having Thursday and Friday free in their schedule, they got no dates in the days leading up to Roskilde but they just have to be in Belgium on the Saturday.

So what do you say about a Thursday evening with Rammstein and Slipknot icon_smile.gif

God, don't tease! But I could definitely see this happening. If it did, Roskilde would raise the bar for every festival out there, Metal-related or not (imo). Slipknot and Rammstein on one night would be quite a treat, and hard to match.

Rammstein still haven't announced any Danish concert for 2013 yet, and I'd be surprised if they didn't visit their northern neighbors on this leg of the tour.
Written on: 04.03.2013 15:35
Bongo Anders
Their concerts in Denmark are always sold out so it would be strange not to stop by.

They are free on the last day of Copenhell but i can´t see them traveling from Austria to Denmark and then England in 3 days.

This is also the reason why i think that Rammstein will not play in Roskilde on the Friday because else they will have 3 concerts in a row in Denmark, Belgium and France in 3 days and looking at their schedule they hardly do 2 in a row.

One could hope that they will have 2 giant concerts in a row on the Orange Stage but it doesn´t look likely because then the schedule will be very unbalanced, but i would like to see that.
Written on: 05.03.2013 09:19
Coldblooded
Bongo Anders wrote:

Their concerts in Denmark are always sold out so it would be strange not to stop by.

They are free on the last day of Copenhell but i can´t see them traveling from Austria to Denmark and then England in 3 days.

This is also the reason why i think that Rammstein will not play in Roskilde on the Friday because else they will have 3 concerts in a row in Denmark, Belgium and France in 3 days and looking at their schedule they hardly do 2 in a row.

One could hope that they will have 2 giant concerts in a row on the Orange Stage but it doesn´t look likely because then the schedule will be very unbalanced, but i would like to see that.

Another thing is that Roskilde's already got three heavy headliners and at least three subheadliners in the category. One metal headliner more would keel the top of the poster over.
Written on: 05.03.2013 12:02
Bongo Anders
One other thing that talk against it is that I don't think that the Orange stage (or any other for that matter) can handle two massive stage productions in a row without creating a huge gap in between the concerts.
Written on: 05.03.2013 15:22
AC/DC
‎08.07.2013:
Kerry Ellis & Brian May in Paris France. Will be awesome to have Brian May to Roskilde icon_cool.gif
Written on: 06.03.2013 09:37
weiss
Coldblooded wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

Another thing is that Roskilde's already got three heavy headliners and at least three subheadliners in the category. One metal headliner more would keel the top of the poster over.

.......and? icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 06.03.2013 at 09:37.]
Written on: 06.03.2013 21:22
Ruslabox
dammit, stop getting my hopes up for Rammstein already!!

But holy sh*t they would be amazing on Orange.........
Written on: 06.03.2013 22:11
Rock`N`Roll Dude...
NEWSTED (Jason Newsted from Metallica)
Will be playing Download Festival.

Hard stuff with loads of energy, and cool voice as well.
Bring his new band in! A little piece of Metallica...

Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kRWwxCPyjw
Written on: 07.03.2013 10:16
Coldblooded
Godspeed You! Black Emperor just got added to the lineups of Flow Festival and Way Out West. Might be too late in the year to mean anything in a Roskilde context, but an impressive booking nonetheless.

Edit: And now Øya too. Makes sense since they're all the same weekend.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 07.03.2013 at 15:18.]
Written on: 07.03.2013 10:47
AC/DC
Rock`N`Roll Dude... wrote:

NEWSTED (Jason Newsted from Metallica)
Will be playing Download Festival.

Hard stuff with loads of energy, and cool voice as well.
Bring his new band in! A little piece of Metallica...

Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kRWwxCPyjw

Sounds awesome. Will be awesome to get Newsted to Roskilde. I saw him last time at Roskilde in 99 with Metallica icon_cool.gif
Written on: 07.03.2013 14:52
Tobias
Rammstein, although a good booking, would be horrible. More metal headliners would suck for many festival goers. I am hoping for some indie headliner and a classic rock headliner. Shame most big artists that could be a headliner are allready playing somewhere in Denmark. But still many great subheadliners touring!

Also hoping for Godspeed You! would be amazing.
Written on: 07.03.2013 19:49
Farah Hasanbegović
Godspeed You! would be the most amazing thing ever, and since it does say that they're on tour, that gap between Japan and Norway must be hiding something, right guys? (Although it's probably just wishful thinking).
Written on: 10.03.2013 12:53
Bongo Anders
Devendra Banhart has free dates on Thursday, Friday and Sunday and nothing on the days before and after.
Devendra are at Open´er in poland at Saturday so he´s a possibility

Airbourne are playing Rock Werchter on Thursday, nothing else announced.

Blur still has a few dates ready, Thursday and Saturday, they are at Open´er on Wednesdays, Rock Wercther on Friday and Les Eurockéennes de Belfort in France on Sunday.
So Thursday is more likely than Saturday if they were booked.

Boyz Noise is performing at Rock Werchter on Friday and at Electric Magnetic Festival in Germany on Saturday so that leavesc a possible Roskilde gig on Thursday or Saturday.

John Legend is performing at Rock Werchter on Friday and in Paris on the Saturday and later on Umbria Jazz festival in Italy on Monday.
So both Thursday and Sunday are free but Sunday is not so likely.

The Hives are Playing Rock Wercther Friday and the Main Square Festival in France Saturday or Sunday, both days are shown.
That leaves us with Thursday and Saturday/Sunday.

Tame Impala has Friday off and it fits with a trip from Open´er on Thursday to Rock Wercther on Saturday.
But it will leave them with 5 concerts in a row with only one days break in each end.

Django Django is performing at Pitch festival in Amsterdam on Friday and Rock Werchter on Saturday.

Both Graveyeard, Rudimental and Azelia Banks are performing on Rock Wercther on Saturday but no dates are shown on their own website.

A Day To Remember plays Rock Wercther on Sunday but has no dates shown on their own website.

Asaf Avidan plays Les Eurockéennes de Belfort on Thursday, Main Square Festival on Saturday and Rock Werchter on Saturday.
But travelling from France to Roskilde and back to France again seems unlikely.

Passenger plays Rock Wercther on Sunday and has nothing else announced on their website.

Rammstein performs at Rock Wercther on Saturday and has theuir own gig in France on Sunday, so Thursday and Friday are still open

The Prodigy plays the Main Square Festival on Friday and Urban Arts Forms in Austria on Thursday or Friday so that leaves us with Thursday/Friday or Sunday.

Netsky and Balthazar plays Rock Wercther Thursday and Main Square Festival Friday, nothing else announced so that leaves us with both Saturday or Sunday for a Roskilde gig.

Modestep plays Main Square Festival Friday and Urban arts Forms on Saturday
Then its most likely with a Thursday gig because they are at Hove festival on Tuesday.
But Sunday is also free to.

[This article was edited 14 times, at last 10.03.2013 at 22:25.]
Written on: 10.03.2013 14:33
Bongo Anders
Enter Shikari Performs at Main Square Festival on Friday, but no dates are shown on their website.

Mike And The Mechanics plays Main Square Festival Saturday, I can´t find any schedule so maybe its the only date during Roskilde

DEUS and Madeon Plays Main Square Festival Saturday and nothing else is announced up to that date.

Charles Bradley and his Extraordinaires performs at Main Square Festival on Sunday with nothing else announced

Stereophonics also plays Main Square Festival on Sunday with no other dates announced

Archive Plays Les Eurockéennes de Belfort on Friday and Main Square Festival on Sunday.
Thursday and Saturday is then free, but yet again i don´t think that will travel fron France to Roskilde and then back to France in 3 days.
But that also leaves Thursday out because they performs at the Musiques En Stock Festival on Wednesday.

Haim performs at the Main Square Festival on Sunday but no dates are shown on their website.

Two Door Cinema Club performs at Rock Wercther Friday and Les Eurockéennes de Belfort Saturday. Then Thursday and Sunday are free, there are no gigs in the days before and after Roskilde.

The Bloody Beetroots performs at Les Eurockéennes de Belfort on Friday but their calender is not updated so i don´t know about any further dates.

The Smashing Pumpkins are playing their own gig in Lille on Thursday and Les Eurockéennes de Belfort on Friday leaving Saturday and Sunday open with no dates just after Roskilde.

Matisyahu performs at Les Eurockéennes de Belfort on Saturday but no dates are shown on his website.

Major Lazor performs at Les Eurockéennes de Belfort on Thursday but no dates are shown on their websites around that time.

Seeed performs at the Urban Art Forms Festival on Friday and no other dates around that date.

Dada Life plays at Urban Art Forms on Friday with no other gigs around this date.

Dub FX plays at Urban Art Forms on Saturday with no other gigs around this date.

Noisia plays at Urban Art Forms on Friday and B´estfest in Romania on Saturday, there are no gigs in the days before and after Roskilde so no limitations there.

Moonbootica and Moguai is at Urban Art Forms but no specific dates are shown so it hard to tell when they can show up at Roskilde except for Sunday.

Deichkind performs at Urban Art Forms on Thursday, Touch The Lake in Zürich on Saturday and LOve Family Park on Sunday so it leaves Roskilde with Friday.

[This article was edited 6 times, at last 10.03.2013 at 18:40.]
Written on: 10.03.2013 15:54
Bongo Anders
Klaxons performs at the Rock for People festival in Croatia on Thursday and no other gigs announced on the other days.

Papa Roach is free on all days but the Rock For People on Wednesday.

Royal Republic are at Rock For People on Thursday or Friday and LaBrassBanda Festival in Germany on Saturday.

Friska Viljor performs at Rock For People on Thursday or Friday but no other dates announced.

LaBrassBanda headlines their own festival on Saturday but have no other dates announced.

Soilwork performs at B´estfest on Sunday, no other dates announced.

Joker performs B´estfest on Friday and Hideout festival in Croatia Wednesday or Thursday but i can´t find a official schedule.

Tiamat also performs at B´estfest on Friday but have nothing else on the schedule around Roskilde.

Bullet For My Valentine performs at Hove on Friday and Volt in Hungary on Saturday, no other dates announced around that time so they are free to play at Roskilde on Thursday (most likely) and Sunday.

Example performs at Mallorca Rocks on Thursday, Ibiza Rocks on Friday and Volt on Saturday leaving Sundat free for a Roskilde date and no gigs the following dates.

Hurts performs at Volt on Thursday but their schedule is not showing dates in July yet.

Jamie Woon performs at Volt on Friday but got nu schedule announced yet on their own website.

Parkway Drive performs at Volt on Thursday but got no other dates announced in July yet.

AlunaGeorge Performs at Pitch festival on Saturday but got no other dates announced atm.

Asking Alexandria performs at Vainstream festival Saturday but are in Norway at Hove on Wednesday so it suits well with a gig at Roskilde Thursday or Friday.
Sunday is also a possibility but more unlikely.

Between The buried And Me performs at Metaltown Festival in Sweden Friday and Reload Festival in Germany on Sunday so they are free on Thursday and Saturday.
I think that Thursday can be ruled out because they are in Norway Tuesday or Wednesday so that leaves us with Saturday.

Calvin Harris Performs at Hove either Tuesday or Wednesday and no dates announced during Roskilde so it seems logical to me that he drops by. (perhaps same day as Rihanna)

Kings Of Leon performs at Hove the days before Roskilde and are booked at Rock Wercther and Open´er on Friday and Saturday so that leaves Thursday and Sunday open for Roskilde.

Macklemore And Ryan Lewis has no dates between their 2 legs of their American Tour but whe know that they are at Hove and that leaves Roskilde as an possibility.

Stone Sour performs at Hove buth with with a gig in Aarhus and 2 Slipknot concerts in the same period i think its a no go, but its a possibility so i leave it open.

The Heavy has no dates around Roskilde yet but do perform at Hove a few days before.

Anti Flag is performing at their own gig in London on Thursday and then 2 festival in germany Friday and Saturday ( Rock Camp and Vainstream) and are free to play Roskilde on Sunday.

[This article was edited 6 times, at last 10.03.2013 at 18:58.]
Written on: 10.03.2013 18:33
Bongo Anders
Knife Party has so far only announced that they will perform at Ruisrock on Friday so all other days are open because their previous and next gigs are the weekends befotre and after.

Jessie Ware is at Rock Wercther Thursday and Ruisrock Friday, so she got the whole weekend for Roskilde.

HIM performs at Ruisrock on Saturday leaving Thursday, Friday and Sunday free unless other gigs are announced.

The Sounds performs at Putte i Parken in Sweden on Friday and Ruisrock on Sunday but got no other dates announced, so Thursday and Saturday it is.

Korn Performs at Metaltown in Sweden on Saturday and has no other dates announced so all the other days are free for Roskilde.

Motörhead performs at Metaltown Thursday, Reload Saturday so Friday and Sunday are free.

Meshuggah has a gig at Metaltown onb Friday and no other dates around Roskilde, but they have a gig on my birthday in Lille Vega in Copenhagen but that hasn´t stopped Roskilde before.

Danko Jones has a gig at Metaltown in Thursday but no other dates around Roskilde.

The Devils Wear Prada has a gig at Metaltown Friday and and Vainstream Saturday and nothing else on the schedule so Thursday and Sunday are free.

The Sword are already announced for Sunday but as long as its not confirmed it fits here.

Clutch are announced to play Metaltown Thursday but has nothing else on the schedule around Roskilde.

Rebecca and Fiona has a gig at Putte i Parken on Thursday but nothing else.

The festivals that i have checked up on are all taking place during Roskilde or in the days leading up to Roskilde.

Hove, Open´er, Rock Wercther, Main Square Festival, Les Eurockéennes de Belfort, Volt, Urban Art Forms, Rock For People, Metaltown, Ruisrock, Vainstream, Reload, B´estfest, Touch The Lake, Love Family Park, Putte i Parken and Ibiza/Mallorca Rocks am i missing anyone?????

[This article was edited 3 times, at last 10.03.2013 at 18:53.]
Written on: 10.03.2013 18:48
Rock`N`Roll Dude...
Bongo Anders wrote:

Knife Party has so far only announced that they will perform at Ruisrock on Friday so all other days are open because their previous and next gigs are the weekends befotre and after.

Jessie Ware is at Rock Wercther Thursday and Ruisrock Friday, so she got the whole weekend for Roskilde.

HIM performs at Ruisrock on Saturday leaving Thursday, Friday and Sunday free unless other gigs are announced.

The Sounds performs at Ruisrock on Sunday but got no other dates announced at all.

Korn Performs at Metaltown in Sweden on Saturday and has no other dates announced so all the other days are free for Roskilde.

Motörhead performs at Metaltown Thursday, Reload Saturday so Friday and Sunday are free.

Meshuggah has a gig at Metaltown onb Friday and no other dates around Roskilde, but they have a gig on my birthday in Lille Vega in Copenhagen but that hasn´t stopped Roskilde before.

Danko Jones has a gig at Metaltown in Thursday but no other dates around Roskilde.

The Devils Wear Prada has a gig at Metaltown Friday and and Vainstream Saturday and nothing else on the schedule so Thursday and Sunday are free.

The Sword are already announced for Sunday but as long as its not confirmed it fits here.

Clutch are announced to play Metaltown Thursday but has nothing else on the schedule around Roskilde.

The festivals that i have checked up on are all taking place during Roskilde or in the days leading up to Roskilde.

Hove, Open´er, Rock Wercther, Main Square Festival, Les Eurockéennes de Belfort, Volt, Urban Art Forms, Rock For People, Metaltown, Ruisrock, Vainstream, Reload, B´estfest, Touch The Lake, Love Family Park and Ibiza/Mallorca Rocks am i missing anyone?????

Must say, one hell of a job you have done Anders!!icon_eek.gif

There are Download Festival(UK), Graspop(BE) and Hellfest(FR) close to Roskilde...
Are you up for it? icon_wink.gif
Written on: 10.03.2013 19:07
Bongo Anders
I think that festivals at the same dates as Roskilde are enough icon_biggrin.gif

But it shows that there are alot of Quality acts to be booked yet, Personaly I´m hoping for Deichkind because their new live show looks amazing.
Written on: 10.03.2013 21:10
Bongo Anders
But i Couldn´t resist to take a look anyway

Uriah Heep has a 1 months gap in their calendar with Roskilde in the middle of it so probably not likely.

Mastodon has no dates after June 15th so they are free but unless they announce more dates i don´t think that this one is likely either.

Buckcherry is performing at Download in June but so far they have only announced theirr US tour on their website.

Five Finger Dead Punch is so far only announced shows in Europe in June, very short tour if no more dates are announced.

Limp Bizkit is also having a few shows in Europe in June, are more added?

Airbourne also have a few shows announced in June, are metal bands lazy icon_biggrin.gif

That rounds up Download, the others bands on the poster in either playing another danish festivals, are not around Roskilde or is already on the list.

Twisted Sister is again a metal band with few dates announced they have a break from late June to late July so maybe they will announce more concerts.

Within Temptation has a break (surprice) from end of June to mid July so maybe they can fit a Roskilde gig in somewhere.

P.O.D aka Payable On Death is alson stopping their European leg of their tour just one week before Roskilde, maybe they can stay one week longer in Europe because their next Tour is in `merica.

That was Graspop

Def Leppard also ends their tour a week before Roskilde!!!!

Whitesnake ends their tour together with Def Leppard.

Saxon has a 2 week gap between 2 european gigs so they could step by Roskilde in that time span, but they are also having their own gig at Amager Bio in the start of June.

Kiss also ends their tour in the end of June, but could still be announced.

ZZ Top is performing at Lovely Days Festival on Saturday and Clam Rock on Sunday, both in Austria so they could in theory show up Thursday or Friday.

Mustasch is also having a 3 week break in their European tour during Roskilde, but maybe more dates are on their way.

[This article was edited 3 times, at last 10.03.2013 at 21:48.]
Written on: 10.03.2013 21:34
Rock`N`Roll Dude...
Bongo Anders wrote:

But i Couldn´t resist to take a look anyway

Uriah Heep has a 1 months gap in trheir calendar with Roskilde in the middle of it so probably not likely.

Mastodon has no dates after June 15th so they are free but unless they announce more dates i don´t think that this one is likely either.

Buckcherry is performing at Download in June but so far they have only announced thour US tour on their website.

Five Finger Dead Punch is so far only announced shows in Europe in June, very short tour if no more dates are announced.

Limp Bizkit is also having a few shows in Europe in June, are more added?

Airbourne also have a few shows announced in June, are metal bands lazy icon_biggrin.gif

That rounds up Download, the others bands on the poster in either playing another danish festivals, are not around Roskilde or is already on the list.

Twisted Sister is again a metal band with few dates announced they have a break from late June to late July so maybe they will announce more concerts.

Within Temptation has a break (surprice) from end of June to mid July so maybe they can fit a Roskilde gig in somewhere.

P.O.D aka Payable On Death is alson stopping their European leg of their tour just one week before Roskilde, maybe they can stay one week longer in Europe because their next Tour is in `merica.

That was Graspop

Ha ha ha, your so fucking cool Anders!!

Written on: 10.03.2013 21:52
Bongo Anders
I just edited the page for more names and some spelling errors

Is some names missing because metal is not my strong side so i just took the names on the top of the poster and names i recognized, other names was already on the list so they are not added and bands not capable of attending is of course not added either.

This is actually only 88 bands a little bit more than half the amount of bands Roskilde needs to book.

If the 200 figure is correct then Roskilde needs 138 bands before they can call it a day.

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 10.03.2013 at 22:22.]
Written on: 10.03.2013 22:25
Saturnus
Bongo Anders wrote:
This is actually only 88 bands a little bit more than half the amount of bands Roskilde needs to book.

A lot of those would be hard to find on other festival posters though as a good part of them will be very small acts.

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...