D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29. juni til 6. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Florence & The Machine.. and som more..


Author Message
Written on: 12.02.2012 00:30
Andreas
Posts: 7
I hope Roskilde will book :
1) Florence & The Machine
2) First Aid Kit
3) Deportees
4) Kent
Come on, just do it!!!
Written on: 12.02.2012 00:58
Steve Gode
Posts: 10
With so many outstanding acts announced for Rock Wertha i'm getting a little nervous about who will be announced icon_cry.gif I hope i'm not stuck in my tent drinking Carlsburg and playing my iPOD.
Written on: 12.02.2012 13:43
Aleg-One
Posts: 1743
Steve Gode wrote:

With so many outstanding acts announced for Rock Wertha i'm getting a little nervous about who will be announced icon_cry.gif I hope i'm not stuck in my tent drinking Carlsburg and playing my iPOD.


Roskilde usually shares a lot of acts with Rock Werchter, so the bands not already announced for another danish festival should be a possibility for Roskilde.
Written on: 13.02.2012 01:18
Andreas
Posts: 7
yes I saw that Rock Werchter has a really good/strong line up already...
lets just hope that Roskilde will book some of those bands too!
Written on: 13.02.2012 09:34
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1092
But Roskilde's lineup is also pretty good atm. so what's there to worry about.
Written on: 13.02.2012 11:02
Steve Gode
Posts: 10
Bongo Anders wrote:

But Roskilde's lineup is also pretty good atm. so what's there to worry about.


I guess so provided The Boss, Cure and Friendly Fires play several times daily... Guess we'll have to wait & see.. fingers crossed

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 13.02.2012 at 11:03.]
Written on: 13.02.2012 14:29
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1092
I´m sure that they will keep up the tempo and announce good bands, not big names like The Boss but equally good.
Written on: 14.02.2012 18:39
Nikolai Luthman
Posts: 41
They should just copy Rock Werchter's line-up. At least the ones I know I like, which is:
The All-American Rejects
Blink-182
Skrillex
Deadmau5
The Kooks
Miles Kane
Katzenjammer
Kasabian
Dropkick Murphys
Florence + the Machine
Snow Patrol
Red Hot Chili Peppers (some people will hate me for this one I think)
Calvin Harris

I love Roskilde, probably because of that Orange feeling, but I have to admit I think other festivals often have a better line-up, though that's all relative to your taste in music of course. Still seen a lot of awesome bands and discovered a few, but most of the ones I've discovered has also been to Rock Werchter icon_razz.gif

If it was as simple as going somewhere else, I probably would, but it'd be like moving to another country for me. And then there's the issue of getting others to come with me too, and that's a whole nother issue.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 14.02.2012 at 18:43.]
Written on: 14.02.2012 19:14
Coldblooded
Posts: 1186
Nikolai Luthman wrote:

They should just copy Rock Werchter's line-up. At least the ones I know I like, which is:
The All-American Rejects
Blink-182
Skrillex
Deadmau5
The Kooks
Miles Kane
Katzenjammer
Kasabian
Dropkick Murphys
Florence + the Machine
Snow Patrol
Red Hot Chili Peppers (some people will hate me for this one I think)
Calvin Harris

I love Roskilde, probably because of that Orange feeling, but I have to admit I think other festivals often have a better line-up, though that's all relative to your taste in music of course. Still seen a lot of awesome bands and discovered a few, but most of the ones I've discovered has also been to Rock Werchter icon_razz.gif

If it was as simple as going somewhere else, I probably would, but it'd be like moving to another country for me. And then there's the issue of getting others to come with me too, and that's a whole nother issue.

You can count a good bunch of those out of Roskilde's grasp already. Deadmau5 played last year, so he obviously won't return so soon. Both Kasabian and The Kooks are playing Northside Festival, while Calvin Harris is going to Skive Festival.

I'd say there's a chance some of the others will show though.
Written on: 15.02.2012 22:21
Steve Gode
Posts: 10
Bongo Anders wrote:

I´m sure that they will keep up the tempo and announce good bands, not big names like The Boss but equally good.


Youre probably right.. but surely a festival of this size can attract a few headline acts if not the promoters will be making a killing $$$. I guess its just my music tastes are skewed differntly. The RW lineup would be close to my PERFECT line up, The Roskilde lineup, as far as my tastes go, is full of some interesting acts. Oh well time will tell... A lomg way from Brisbane to see interesting acts though icon_mad.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 15.02.2012 at 22:22.]
Written on: 15.02.2012 22:34
Steve Gode
Posts: 10
Andreas wrote:

I hope Roskilde will book :
1) Florence & The Machine
2) First Aid Kit
3) Deportees
4) Kent
Come on, just do it!!!


Some good names there... Asuuming no more super bands are announced my 10 would be

1. Billy Talent
2. Rise Against
3. Frightened Rabbit
4. The National
5. The Decemberists
6. The Drones
7. The Shins
8. Two Door Cinema Club
9. Mumford & Son
10. Anti-Flag

I reckon a couple could be there... fingers crossed


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...