D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27. juni til 4. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Hip-hop Roskilde 2013


Author Message
Written on: 06.12.2012 11:23
Frosty
Posts: 5
Does anyone know, if there are any awesome hip-hop artist(s) coming to Roskilde in 2013?

I was missing that in 2012.

It would be amazing with something stunning, like Cypress Hill or Wu tang clan. That would be freakin' crazy.



Written on: 06.12.2012 11:41
DukeofDK
Posts: 123
Frosty wrote:

Does anyone know, if there are any awesome hip-hop artist(s) coming to Roskilde in 2013?

I was missing that in 2012.

It would be amazing with something stunning, like Cypress Hill or Wu tang clan. That would be freakin' crazy.






I certainly had a blast last year at Malk de Koijn and the Roots' concerts.

I'm not up-to-date on how good both Wu-Tang or Cypress Hill are live at this prenset day, but I'm guessing both would be awesome, and would satisfy a lot of people!

Other than that, I'm really hoping for CunninLynguists. I know their last album was in 2011, but boy, would I love to see them live!
Written on: 06.12.2012 12:04
Frosty
Posts: 5
How the f*** could i forget about Malk icon_eek.gif Anyways, Malk was amazing last year.

Written on: 06.12.2012 12:24
P H Buntz
Posts: 16
Yelawolf was awsome last year too!
Written on: 06.12.2012 12:26
Cliché Guevara
Posts: 174
Frosty wrote:

Does anyone know, if there are any awesome hip-hop artist(s) coming to Roskilde in 2013?

I was missing that in 2012.

It would be amazing with something stunning, like Cypress Hill or Wu tang clan. That would be freakin' crazy.



Last year's hip-hop programme was awesome!
Written on: 06.12.2012 13:03
Frosty
Posts: 5
I was only feeling a real hip-hop concert, in Malk's performance.

I think Mac Miller and Wiz Khalifa (Which i was seeing forward too), was really bad. (Mac and Wiz is more pop-ish hip-hop, i know)

What i would really love, is the sweet rhymes and "energy" (As what i've seen, Cypress Hill ain't delivering much of an energetic energy, but more something like a stoned energy aroma icon_razz.gif ) that i know Cypress Hill and Wu-Tang is able to deliver.
Written on: 06.12.2012 13:27
Fabio86
Posts: 37
I'm a typical Hip-Hop head that's like "rap-music was SOOO much better back in the 90's and the 80's"...it's a clichè, but I can't help but feeling that way.

So I hope to see some veterans on the poster when it comes rap this year. Common, or Snoop Dogg, or Big Boi, or Wu-Tang Clan, or Public Enemy, or De La Soul, or Q-Tip. These are some I can think of that have new albums out or coming out, and/or I've heard rumours about touring the upcoming summer.

Snoop was one of the 5 requests I submitted...

Written on: 06.12.2012 15:00
Emil Asbjørn Madsen
Posts: 93
TUPAC FOR ROSKILDE '13!!!!!!!
Written on: 06.12.2012 15:31
Cliché Guevara
Posts: 174
Frosty wrote:

I was only feeling a real hip-hop concert, in Malk's performance.

I think Mac Miller and Wiz Khalifa (Which i was seeing forward too), was really bad. (Mac and Wiz is more pop-ish hip-hop, i know)

What i would really love, is the sweet rhymes and "energy" (As what i've seen, Cypress Hill ain't delivering much of an energetic energy, but more something like a stoned energy aroma icon_razz.gif ) that i know Cypress Hill and Wu-Tang is able to deliver.


Did you watch A$AP Rocky, Blitz the Ambassador, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Grieves & Budo, Evidence, Sage Francis, The Roots, AraabMuzik or Royce da 5’9”?
Written on: 06.12.2012 15:32
bukflex
Posts: 3
Kendrick Lamar
Chiddy Bang
OCD: Moosh and Twist
Dilated Peoples
Common

Those are some of my biggest wishes for next years hip-hop lineup.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 06.12.2012 at 15:33.]
Written on: 06.12.2012 22:41
Rockmus
Posts: 290
bukflex wrote:

Kendrick Lamar
Chiddy Bang
OCD: Moosh and Twist
Dilated Peoples
Common

Those are some of my biggest wishes for next years hip-hop lineup.


Fuck yeah! Good kid m.A.A.d City is really brilliant!
Written on: 07.12.2012 00:46
Nicholas Solø Varela
Posts: 22
Kendrick Lamar & Miguel would be good hiphop bookings imo icon_smile.gif Although Miguel is more R&B
Written on: 07.12.2012 01:59
remmen
Posts: 6
How about Eminem? Since i started doing roskilde, i have always hoped and wished for Eminem. Is he totally out of the price range, is that the case? How come nobody wishes for him?
Written on: 07.12.2012 10:28
Frosty
Posts: 5
As far as i know remmen, there is always alot of people voting for Eminem.

I think it's because he's way out of price range like you say'd.

I loooooooooooove 90' and 80' hip-hop aswell, which is a reason why it would be amazing to have Ice Cube there aswell.
Written on: 07.12.2012 12:30
Nicholas Solø Varela
Posts: 22
remmen wrote:

How about Eminem? Since i started doing roskilde, i have always hoped and wished for Eminem. Is he totally out of the price range, is that the case? How come nobody wishes for him?


He isn't touring in 2013...
Written on: 09.12.2012 10:34
Wallu
Posts: 712
Get Gracias from Finland. Really a classy act with good live band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwBSacuSm1g
Written on: 09.12.2012 12:54
Coldblooded
Posts: 1229
Maybe the supergroup Deltron 3030 (Del the Funkee Homosapien, Dan the Automator, Kid Koala) could subheadline? Their second album has been delayed forever, but it finally seems that it will see the light of day before next year's festival?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGrEC_KDNDo

All three members of Deltron 3030 were on Gorillaz' first album, hence the very similar sound.
Written on: 09.12.2012 12:56
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
I would like to see Killer Mike
Written on: 09.12.2012 13:25
Coldblooded
Posts: 1229
Do I need a new profile name? wrote:

I would like to see Killer Mike

Could be cool to see BOTH him and El-P icon_smile.gif
Written on: 09.12.2012 16:28
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Coldblooded wrote:

Do I need a new profile name? wrote:

I would like to see Killer Mike

Could be cool to see BOTH him and El-P icon_smile.gif


I don't know El-P to be honest. Same crew as Killer Mike?
Written on: 09.12.2012 18:04
Coldblooded
Posts: 1229
Do I need a new profile name? wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Do I need a new profile name? wrote:

I would like to see Killer Mike

Could be cool to see BOTH him and El-P icon_smile.gif


I don't know El-P to be honest. Same crew as Killer Mike?

He was the mastermind behind the Definitive Jux label. Produced Killer Mike's latest album 'R.A.P. Music'. They toured together in the States, so if Killer Mike came over here, I suspect he'd bring El with him too. Think you'll like El-P, if you dig Killer Mike:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZptOs8Gu9k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNJFq6VjHJI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjlbCM-2t4c

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 09.12.2012 at 18:10.]
Written on: 09.12.2012 20:21
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Coldblooded wrote:

Do I need a new profile name? wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Do I need a new profile name? wrote:

I would like to see Killer Mike

Could be cool to see BOTH him and El-P icon_smile.gif


I don't know El-P to be honest. Same crew as Killer Mike?

He was the mastermind behind the Definitive Jux label. Produced Killer Mike's latest album 'R.A.P. Music'. They toured together in the States, so if Killer Mike came over here, I suspect he'd bring El with him too. Think you'll like El-P, if you dig Killer Mike:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZptOs8Gu9k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNJFq6VjHJI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjlbCM-2t4c


Oh, yeah! Very nice!

Thanks, mate icon_cool.gif
Written on: 10.12.2012 19:40
Morten Kildebæk
Posts: 4
Well, there's actually a little chance with Wu-Tang Clan, as RZA has talked about gathering the whole crew for a new Wu-Tang album.
It's probably more likely for Cypress Hill to visit Roskilde, though...
Written on: 11.12.2012 13:45
Pree
Posts: 40
Roskilde has been awesome booking up and coming Hip-hop artist the last two years(ODD FUTURE, ASAP ROCKY)
Hoping for Kendrick Lamar aswell but also:
Danny Brown
Schoolboy q
Azelia Banks


Written on: 11.12.2012 14:22
Lars Christian Jakobsen
Posts: 15
Eminem is headlining Reading and Leeds. Roskilde, NOW IS YOUR CHANCE!

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 11.12.2012 at 14:24.]


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...