D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29. juni til 6. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Metal Acts 2010

Written on: 07.12.2009 10:28
Andiech
Metallica
Tool
Deftones
Meshuggah
+
Raubtier! <-- That's some crazy Norrländare
Written on: 07.12.2009 14:50
MasterMaster
@ Christian:
You say you are a loyal metal fan, but you still write MegadeAth? icon_eek.gif
:p

Anyway, would like to see these:

METALLICA
Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Motörhead
Kiss
In Flames
Written on: 07.12.2009 19:03
Kasper Holm
Btw... KYLESA icon_cool.gif
Written on: 07.12.2009 21:13
Eric
Motörhead (New album 2010)
Iron Maiden (New album 2010)
Turbonegro (New Album 2010)
Ozzy (Probably new album next year. Try to book him anyway)
Wasp - New really good album Babylon and they´re coming to europe next summer.
Saxon
Metallica
Manowar
U.D.O. or Accept
Doro
Grave Digger

This is some good metal band who would be really nice to see at Roskilde 2010.
Written on: 07.12.2009 21:46
weiss
Eric skrev:

Motörhead (New album 2010)
Iron Maiden (New album 2010)
Turbonegro (New Album 2010)
Ozzy (Probably new album next year. Try to book him anyway)
Wasp - New really good album Babylon and they´re coming to europe next summer.
Saxon
Metallica
Manowar
U.D.O. or Accept
Doro
Grave Digger

This is some good metal band who would be really nice to see at Roskilde 2010.

man, you just pulled the tricker with these names!! icon_biggrin.gif
Real true Heavy METAL!!

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 07.12.2009 at 21:46.]
Written on: 07.12.2009 21:54
Deleted user
Christian wrote:

[...]

Neither Lamb of God or Mastodon were allowed to play on the full set of speakers. It was so clear, that when metallica took the stage, they cranked up the volume. Its the oldest trick in the book actually. Cuz it was a Metallica show, not a Lamb of God or Mastodon show. Ived heared that nor Lamb of God or Mastodon where allowed to use metallicas speakers. They needed to all their own gear with them. So ye, they didn't play up to their top potential, and why should they.. They were only warming up for metallica...

[...]

It's a shame, I've heard several similar stories about Mastodon specifically, from the US to Australia. I'd like to think it would be awesome, but damn I'm not ready for another RHCP-like disaster.

I think I will be voting for Opeth as one of my Scandinavian bands though.
Written on: 08.12.2009 14:03
Lord Beef Jerky
Christian skrev:

Lord Beef Jerky skrev:

Bjørn_Sevenfield skrev:

Lord Beef Jerky skrev:

I agree with Johan Borre.

Keep Lamb Of God away though, Jesus Christ they're bad live... I saw them twice with Metallica, not only did they play the same set, they said EXACTLY the same thing at every show. And their attitude seems so misplaced, they had horrible sound issues, and they didn't play very tight. I enjoy their albums on a limited basis however.

hmmmm. thats weird. Have you heard the killadelphia live cd? amazing. And they were perfect when i saw them a couple of years ago

I haven't, but I surely didn't like them the two times I saw them.

The one reason Lamb of God were "weak", when they played was because of Metallica. Neither Lamb of God or Mastodon were allowed to play on the full set of speakers. It was so clear, that when metallica took the stage, they cranked up the volume. Its the oldest trick in the book actually. Cuz it was a Metallica show, not a Lamb of God or Mastodon show. Ived heared that nor Lamb of God or Mastodon where allowed to use metallicas speakers. They needed to all their own gear with them. So ye, they didn't play up to their top potential, and why should they.. They were only warming up for metallica...

Lamb of God is INSANE live!

Try reading my original message again. There were more points to them being weak than just their sound. Bad sound I can forgive, hell... I've been at roskilde for 15 years now, and rarely there's any good sound there. However a lead singer acting energic, saying the same things word by word to the crowd and the whole band doing a routine when playing isn't easy to overlook. The whole feel of the two shows I witnessed, only made the band seem like a ridiculous parody of the whole genre. Again, I do like them on record on a limited basis, but there's no chance I'd see them again. One bad show is forgiveable, but when the other show is exactly the same word by word and step by step, there's not a chance in the world I'd give them the benefit of a doubt and a third chance.
Written on: 08.12.2009 19:18
Torontomexicanmonkey
Lord Beef Jerky skrev:

Christian skrev:

Lord Beef Jerky skrev:

Bjørn_Sevenfield skrev:

Lord Beef Jerky skrev:

I agree with Johan Borre.

Keep Lamb Of God away though, Jesus Christ they're bad live... I saw them twice with Metallica, not only did they play the same set, they said EXACTLY the same thing at every show. And their attitude seems so misplaced, they had horrible sound issues, and they didn't play very tight. I enjoy their albums on a limited basis however.

hmmmm. thats weird. Have you heard the killadelphia live cd? amazing. And they were perfect when i saw them a couple of years ago

I haven't, but I surely didn't like them the two times I saw them.

The one reason Lamb of God were "weak", when they played was because of Metallica. Neither Lamb of God or Mastodon were allowed to play on the full set of speakers. It was so clear, that when metallica took the stage, they cranked up the volume. Its the oldest trick in the book actually. Cuz it was a Metallica show, not a Lamb of God or Mastodon show. Ived heared that nor Lamb of God or Mastodon where allowed to use metallicas speakers. They needed to all their own gear with them. So ye, they didn't play up to their top potential, and why should they.. They were only warming up for metallica...

Lamb of God is INSANE live!

Try reading my original message again. There were more points to them being weak than just their sound. Bad sound I can forgive, hell... I've been at roskilde for 15 years now, and rarely there's any good sound there. However a lead singer acting energic, saying the same things word by word to the crowd and the whole band doing a routine when playing isn't easy to overlook. The whole feel of the two shows I witnessed, only made the band seem like a ridiculous parody of the whole genre. Again, I do like them on record on a limited basis, but there's no chance I'd see them again. One bad show is forgiveable, but when the other show is exactly the same word by word and step by step, there's not a chance in the world I'd give them the benefit of a doubt and a third chance.

well..too bad you've given them up as a liveband because i really think you have been unlucky..check out the killadelphia cd/dvd and maybe it will put the faith back in you icon_wink.gif
Written on: 08.12.2009 21:42
Marc Hansen
Rage Against The Machine (pretty please!)
Killswitch Engage
Megadeth
Tool
Rammstein (I know, unlikely as hell with 2 confirmed dates in DK already)
Iron Maiden
Raunchy
Written on: 09.12.2009 00:07
mathias
Five Finger Death Punch
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Sonata Arctica
System of a Down
Avenged Sevenfold
Ozzy
Tenacious D
Shadows Fall
Rise Against
Damage Plan
Black Label Society
God Forbid
Korn
Children of Bodom

Book atleast some of them, and you would make many people happy!
Written on: 09.12.2009 01:18
Deleted user The only band needed to make me happy is Iron Maiden. When that's said i would also love to see:

Megadeth
Motörhead
Alice Cooper
Def Leppard
Anvil
Guns N' Roses
Testament
Deep Purple
Written on: 09.12.2009 03:42
Deleted user I just learned that Devin Townsend has been confirmed for Bloodstock 2010, after a hiatus of several years.

I just might have to go to this, if for nothing else, then just for Devin.

Anyway, it's a long shot but.... Roskilde?! Fuck... Yeah...
Written on: 09.12.2009 05:23
skallgrimsson
Emilius skrev:

I just learned that Devin Townsend has been confirmed for Bloodstock 2010, after a hiatus of several years.

I just might have to go to this, if for nothing else, then just for Devin.

Anyway, it's a long shot but.... Roskilde?! Fuck... Yeah...

Yeah new record this year and all. Booking! All in!
Written on: 09.12.2009 11:53
CharlieSabotage
Kasper Holm skrev:

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease pretty pretty pleaaaaase BOOK CONVERGE! FOR PETES SAKE!

I need to hear Concubine live

WORD!!! seriously!!
Written on: 09.12.2009 11:56
Evilbjarte
CharlieSabotage skrev:

Kasper Holm skrev:

WORD!!! seriously!!

x2!!!
Written on: 09.12.2009 12:03
Evilbjarte
Would also love to see Melvins at Roskilde!
Written on: 09.12.2009 23:14
Lord Beef Jerky
Evilbjarte skrev:

CharlieSabotage skrev:

Kasper Holm skrev:

WORD!!! seriously!!

x2!!!

None of you guys ever seen Converge live before? I've seen them twice here in Denmark, and it's quite an experience. First off, the lead singer's vocal sounds very different than from the record, you should be able to get a couple of laughs here. Second, they have an intense energy (not much of a surprise really). Third, their sound is so trashed, you won't be able to recognize some of the songs, before they're almost through. Fourth, the crowd goes nuts! Not typically a Roskilde band, but I'd love to see them at Roskilde.

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...