Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

My Bloody Valentine


Poll
Question:
Will you allow MBV to make your ears bleed and put you in a state of pure bliss this summer?
Yes
 
9 of 11 replies (82%)
Yes
 
2 of 11 replies (18%)


Author Message
Written on: 04.02.2013 21:40
Denniz
Posts: 6
Do you think they will play this year?
I sure hope so.
Written on: 05.02.2013 12:23
Suun
Posts: 19
Of course they should play. They played a killer concert last they were at Roskilde and have just released their first album in 22 years.

Im sure Roskilde will try to book them if it is possible.
Written on: 12.02.2013 17:00
skallgrimsson
Posts: 1120
Hell yeah, the new album is great!
Written on: 13.02.2013 23:39
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1265
I have deleted CB15s messages because that kind of language use is not accepted.

/Martin Horn Pedersen - Forum Moderator
Written on: 14.02.2013 11:43
Mr. Monster
Posts: 944
The problem can be if the festival will allow the security people ears to bleed again.

I know the noise was a big problem the last time and they had to make extra shifts during the concert because safety rules protecting the security were broken.
Written on: 05.03.2013 09:20
Coldblooded
Posts: 1228
They have just been announced for the Berlin Festival (early September) and Off Festival in Poland (early August). We're beginning to get closer to a Roskilde date...
Written on: 05.03.2013 17:47
Jonas Binder
Posts: 40
Coldblooded wrote:

They have just been announced for the Berlin Festival (early September) and Off Festival in Poland (early August). We're beginning to get closer to a Roskilde date...


Latest news: Norwegian Wood Festival, Norway. And it is 15th june.
Even closer to Roskilde, geographical and by the date.

Rikke Øxner. You must let our ears bleed this summer. Please.
Written on: 05.03.2013 21:55
I Like Turtles
Posts: 760
If Roskilde announces Atoms For Peace and My Bloody Valentine as the two headliners on the 18th of April, I will probably pee a little
Written on: 05.03.2013 23:29
Jonas Binder
Posts: 40
I Like Turtles wrote:

If Roskilde announces Atoms For Peace and My Bloody Valentine as the two headliners on the 18th of April, I will probably pee a little


My Bloody Valentine, headliner, yes.
Atoms For Peace.. Would they headline the poster? I don't think so.
Written on: 06.03.2013 00:02
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1265
Jonas Binder wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

If Roskilde announces Atoms For Peace and My Bloody Valentine as the two headliners on the 18th of April, I will probably pee a little


My Bloody Valentine, headliner, yes.
Atoms For Peace.. Would they headline the poster? I don't think so.


With all respekt for MBV (withs I like more then Thom).. AFP is a supergroup with so big names, that they only can headline
Written on: 06.03.2013 19:56
Jonas Binder
Posts: 40
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Jonas Binder wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

If Roskilde announces Atoms For Peace and My Bloody Valentine as the two headliners on the 18th of April, I will probably pee a little


My Bloody Valentine, headliner, yes.
Atoms For Peace.. Would they headline the poster? I don't think so.


With all respekt for MBV (withs I like more then Thom).. AFP is a supergroup with so big names, that they only can headline


Well, maybe your'e correct. I don't know. MBV has headlined before. Well okay, if Jack White could headline, then Thom Yorke (AFP-man + supergroup) also can..
Written on: 12.03.2013 13:41
Jonas Binder
Posts: 40
My Bloody Valentine announced for Eurockeness in France 7th july.
This is seriously close to Roskilde. COME ON!!!!!!!
Written on: 12.03.2013 14:14
Coldblooded
Posts: 1228
Jonas Binder wrote:

My Bloody Valentine announced for Eurockeness in France 7th july.
This is seriously close to Roskilde. COME ON!!!!!!!

Hivemind – I was just scrambling to write the same. Eurockeennes isn't just close to Roskilde – it's the very same weekend. They could easily play Thursday or Friday, take the Saturday off and then head to France Sunday to play Eurockeennes. Come on, bookers, you can do it!

Regarding the headliner/not a headliner question:

MBV have headlined before, so they could probably do that again. Popularity-wise they're nowhere near many of the other headliners on the poster atm., but they have a massive cult following. I wouldn't complain if they were subheadliners though.

Atoms for Peace will surely headline if booked. If Them Crooked Vultures could, Atoms for Peace will too. Then again, in 2005 both Audioslave and Velvet Revolver subheadlined...
Written on: 12.03.2013 22:22
I Like Turtles
Posts: 760
Coldblooded wrote:

Jonas Binder wrote:

My Bloody Valentine announced for Eurockeness in France 7th july.
This is seriously close to Roskilde. COME ON!!!!!!!

Hivemind – I was just scrambling to write the same. Eurockeennes isn't just close to Roskilde – it's the very same weekend. They could easily play Thursday or Friday, take the Saturday off and then head to France Sunday to play Eurockeennes. Come on, bookers, you can do it!

Regarding the headliner/not a headliner question:

MBV have headlined before, so they could probably do that again. Popularity-wise they're nowhere near many of the other headliners on the poster atm., but they have a massive cult following. I wouldn't complain if they were subheadliners though.
Atoms for Peace will surely headline if booked. If Them Crooked Vultures could, Atoms for Peace will too. Then again, in 2005 both Audioslave and Velvet Revolver subheadlined...

Does anyone remember ever seeing a band become a subliner after they have headlined? I don't think Roskilde does that.
Written on: 12.03.2013 22:45
Christian Forslund
Posts: 341
I Like Turtles wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Jonas Binder wrote:

My Bloody Valentine announced for Eurockeness in France 7th july.
This is seriously close to Roskilde. COME ON!!!!!!!

Hivemind – I was just scrambling to write the same. Eurockeennes isn't just close to Roskilde – it's the very same weekend. They could easily play Thursday or Friday, take the Saturday off and then head to France Sunday to play Eurockeennes. Come on, bookers, you can do it!

Regarding the headliner/not a headliner question:

MBV have headlined before, so they could probably do that again. Popularity-wise they're nowhere near many of the other headliners on the poster atm., but they have a massive cult following. I wouldn't complain if they were subheadliners though.
Atoms for Peace will surely headline if booked. If Them Crooked Vultures could, Atoms for Peace will too. Then again, in 2005 both Audioslave and Velvet Revolver subheadlined...

Does anyone remember ever seeing a band become a subliner after they have headlined? I don't think Roskilde does that.

For the last four years, I can see that Madness headlined in 1986 and sublined in 2009 and My chemical romance headlined in 1999, 2002 and 2008 (same year as MBV) while sublining in 2011, so it does happen. And obviously small headliners like Mastodon, Jack Johnson, Mia or Mew are no lock to be headliners if they play RF again.
Written on: 12.03.2013 22:53
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1265
Christian Forslund wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Jonas Binder wrote:

My Bloody Valentine announced for Eurockeness in France 7th july.
This is seriously close to Roskilde. COME ON!!!!!!!

Hivemind – I was just scrambling to write the same. Eurockeennes isn't just close to Roskilde – it's the very same weekend. They could easily play Thursday or Friday, take the Saturday off and then head to France Sunday to play Eurockeennes. Come on, bookers, you can do it!

Regarding the headliner/not a headliner question:

MBV have headlined before, so they could probably do that again. Popularity-wise they're nowhere near many of the other headliners on the poster atm., but they have a massive cult following. I wouldn't complain if they were subheadliners though.
Atoms for Peace will surely headline if booked. If Them Crooked Vultures could, Atoms for Peace will too. Then again, in 2005 both Audioslave and Velvet Revolver subheadlined...

Does anyone remember ever seeing a band become a subliner after they have headlined? I don't think Roskilde does that.

For the last four years, I can see that Madness headlined in 1986 and sublined in 2009 and My chemical romance headlined in 1999, 2002 and 2008 (same year as MBV) while sublining in 2011, so it does happen. And obviously small headliners like Mastodon, Jack Johnson, Mia or Mew are no lock to be headliners if they play RF again.


What? MCR did not play in 1999, 2002 or 2008...the band was formed in 2001. They play in 07 and 11 and was subheadliner
Written on: 12.03.2013 23:22
I Like Turtles
Posts: 760
Christian Forslund wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Jonas Binder wrote:

My Bloody Valentine announced for Eurockeness in France 7th july.
This is seriously close to Roskilde. COME ON!!!!!!!

Hivemind – I was just scrambling to write the same. Eurockeennes isn't just close to Roskilde – it's the very same weekend. They could easily play Thursday or Friday, take the Saturday off and then head to France Sunday to play Eurockeennes. Come on, bookers, you can do it!

Regarding the headliner/not a headliner question:

MBV have headlined before, so they could probably do that again. Popularity-wise they're nowhere near many of the other headliners on the poster atm., but they have a massive cult following. I wouldn't complain if they were subheadliners though.
Atoms for Peace will surely headline if booked. If Them Crooked Vultures could, Atoms for Peace will too. Then again, in 2005 both Audioslave and Velvet Revolver subheadlined...

Does anyone remember ever seeing a band become a subliner after they have headlined? I don't think Roskilde does that.

For the last four years, I can see that Madness headlined in 1986 and sublined in 2009 and My chemical romance headlined in 1999, 2002 and 2008 (same year as MBV) while sublining in 2011, so it does happen. And obviously small headliners like Mastodon, Jack Johnson, Mia or Mew are no lock to be headliners if they play RF again.

I don't think we can compare what it meant to be a headliner on the 1986-poster, with the 2009-poster. More than every fourth artist is a headliner on the 1986-poster.
As to the questionable headliners, I remember someone associated with Roskilde once saying that it's much harder to have a "new" headliner today, since there's so many new names to choose from, which means that artists have to "share" their popularity with many other artists. For example how many stadiumfilling giant names have been created since the beginning of the '00s? Only Coldplay, Kings Of Leon, The Strokes and Linkin Park comes to mind. Therefore I think that these questionable headliners is an attempt to create the "heirs" for when Metallica, U2, AC/DC and all the other big names can't possibly stand on a stage anymore. So these names are probably here to stay..
And btw, how many metalbands could be accepted as a headliner at Roskilde right now? It wouldn't be possible to just have Metallica, Iron Maiden and Slipknot headlining after each other all the time. at some point we have to bring in the "heirs" which easily could be Mastodon, Lamb of God or Deftones for example
Written on: 12.03.2013 23:39
Christian Forslund
Posts: 341
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Christian Forslund wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Jonas Binder wrote:

My Bloody Valentine announced for Eurockeness in France 7th july.
This is seriously close to Roskilde. COME ON!!!!!!!

Hivemind – I was just scrambling to write the same. Eurockeennes isn't just close to Roskilde – it's the very same weekend. They could easily play Thursday or Friday, take the Saturday off and then head to France Sunday to play Eurockeennes. Come on, bookers, you can do it!

Regarding the headliner/not a headliner question:

MBV have headlined before, so they could probably do that again. Popularity-wise they're nowhere near many of the other headliners on the poster atm., but they have a massive cult following. I wouldn't complain if they were subheadliners though.
Atoms for Peace will surely headline if booked. If Them Crooked Vultures could, Atoms for Peace will too. Then again, in 2005 both Audioslave and Velvet Revolver subheadlined...

Does anyone remember ever seeing a band become a subliner after they have headlined? I don't think Roskilde does that.

For the last four years, I can see that Madness headlined in 1986 and sublined in 2009 and My chemical romance headlined in 1999, 2002 and 2008 (same year as MBV) while sublining in 2011, so it does happen. And obviously small headliners like Mastodon, Jack Johnson, Mia or Mew are no lock to be headliners if they play RF again.


What? MCR did not play in 1999, 2002 or 2008...the band was formed in 2001. They play in 07 and 11 and was subheadliner

Sorry, I confused them with the Chemical brothers. In that case it might not be that usual.
Written on: 12.03.2013 23:48
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
Confusing My Chemical Romance with The Chemical Brothers is actually an act of crime in several countries and in Texas its straight to death row.
Written on: 12.03.2013 23:59
Christian Forslund
Posts: 341
I Like Turtles wrote:

Christian Forslund wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Jonas Binder wrote:

My Bloody Valentine announced for Eurockeness in France 7th july.
This is seriously close to Roskilde. COME ON!!!!!!!

Hivemind – I was just scrambling to write the same. Eurockeennes isn't just close to Roskilde – it's the very same weekend. They could easily play Thursday or Friday, take the Saturday off and then head to France Sunday to play Eurockeennes. Come on, bookers, you can do it!

Regarding the headliner/not a headliner question:

MBV have headlined before, so they could probably do that again. Popularity-wise they're nowhere near many of the other headliners on the poster atm., but they have a massive cult following. I wouldn't complain if they were subheadliners though.
Atoms for Peace will surely headline if booked. If Them Crooked Vultures could, Atoms for Peace will too. Then again, in 2005 both Audioslave and Velvet Revolver subheadlined...

Does anyone remember ever seeing a band become a subliner after they have headlined? I don't think Roskilde does that.

For the last four years, I can see that Madness headlined in 1986 and sublined in 2009 and My chemical romance headlined in 1999, 2002 and 2008 (same year as MBV) while sublining in 2011, so it does happen. And obviously small headliners like Mastodon, Jack Johnson, Mia or Mew are no lock to be headliners if they play RF again.

I don't think we can compare what it meant to be a headliner on the 1986-poster, with the 2009-poster. More than every fourth artist is a headliner on the 1986-poster.
As to the questionable headliners, I remember someone associated with Roskilde once saying that it's much harder to have a "new" headliner today, since there's so many new names to choose from, which means that artists have to "share" their popularity with many other artists. For example how many stadiumfilling giant names have been created since the beginning of the '00s? Only Coldplay, Kings Of Leon, The Strokes and Linkin Park comes to mind. Therefore I think that these questionable headliners is an attempt to create the "heirs" for when Metallica, U2, AC/DC and all the other big names can't possibly stand on a stage anymore. So these names are probably here to stay..
And btw, how many metalbands could be accepted as a headliner at Roskilde right now? It wouldn't be possible to just have Metallica, Iron Maiden and Slipknot headlining after each other all the time. at some point we have to bring in the "heirs" which easily could be Mastodon, Lamb of God or Deftones for example

I remember Madness being a big name in the eighties with our house. But some big names are one hit who looks good when they peak, but only have one big hit and is soon forgotten, F.ex the Verve was a headliner in 1998, but they are completely forgotten now (I have no idea if they still exists), so no way they could headline.

There are probably not a lot of metalbands, which can fill Orange, besides your suggestions, there is Rammstein and Volbeat. But pretending that smaller metalvands are headliners seem wrong. I loved the Mastodon concert, but it seemed that they could bare fill the pit. If they can't attract more people than that, they are probably better of sublining and playing at Arena.
Written on: 13.03.2013 00:07
Christian Forslund
Posts: 341
Bongo Anders wrote:

Confusing My Chemical Romance with The Chemical Brothers is actually an act of crime in several countries and in Texas its straight to death row.

I will stay away from Texas then. But in my defence I wasn't there at the years The chemical Brothers played, so I have never heard them. I only looked at the list of the headliners.
Written on: 13.03.2013 11:14
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 13.03.2013 20:08
I Like Turtles
Posts: 760
Christian Forslund wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

Christian Forslund wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Jonas Binder wrote:

My Bloody Valentine announced for Eurockeness in France 7th july.
This is seriously close to Roskilde. COME ON!!!!!!!

Hivemind – I was just scrambling to write the same. Eurockeennes isn't just close to Roskilde – it's the very same weekend. They could easily play Thursday or Friday, take the Saturday off and then head to France Sunday to play Eurockeennes. Come on, bookers, you can do it!

Regarding the headliner/not a headliner question:

MBV have headlined before, so they could probably do that again. Popularity-wise they're nowhere near many of the other headliners on the poster atm., but they have a massive cult following. I wouldn't complain if they were subheadliners though.
Atoms for Peace will surely headline if booked. If Them Crooked Vultures could, Atoms for Peace will too. Then again, in 2005 both Audioslave and Velvet Revolver subheadlined...

Does anyone remember ever seeing a band become a subliner after they have headlined? I don't think Roskilde does that.

For the last four years, I can see that Madness headlined in 1986 and sublined in 2009 and My chemical romance headlined in 1999, 2002 and 2008 (same year as MBV) while sublining in 2011, so it does happen. And obviously small headliners like Mastodon, Jack Johnson, Mia or Mew are no lock to be headliners if they play RF again.

I don't think we can compare what it meant to be a headliner on the 1986-poster, with the 2009-poster. More than every fourth artist is a headliner on the 1986-poster.
As to the questionable headliners, I remember someone associated with Roskilde once saying that it's much harder to have a "new" headliner today, since there's so many new names to choose from, which means that artists have to "share" their popularity with many other artists. For example how many stadiumfilling giant names have been created since the beginning of the '00s? Only Coldplay, Kings Of Leon, The Strokes and Linkin Park comes to mind. Therefore I think that these questionable headliners is an attempt to create the "heirs" for when Metallica, U2, AC/DC and all the other big names can't possibly stand on a stage anymore. So these names are probably here to stay..
And btw, how many metalbands could be accepted as a headliner at Roskilde right now? It wouldn't be possible to just have Metallica, Iron Maiden and Slipknot headlining after each other all the time. at some point we have to bring in the "heirs" which easily could be Mastodon, Lamb of God or Deftones for example

I remember Madness being a big name in the eighties with our house. But some big names are one hit who looks good when they peak, but only have one big hit and is soon forgotten, F.ex the Verve was a headliner in 1998, but they are completely forgotten now (I have no idea if they still exists), so no way they could headline.

There are probably not a lot of metalbands, which can fill Orange, besides your suggestions, there is Rammstein and Volbeat. But pretending that smaller metalvands are headliners seem wrong. I loved the Mastodon concert, but it seemed that they could bare fill the pit. If they can't attract more people than that, they are probably better of sublining and playing at Arena.


Mastodon on Orange Stage instead of Arena was a big mistake, I agree! But if Roskilde needs cheap headliners because of the bookings of Prince, Iron Maiden, Bruce Springsteen etc. they could just as well acknowlegde class acts like Mastodon or My Bloody Valentine, rather than some one hit wonder we'll never see again.. And I could easily see Deftones and Lamb Of God headlining, I know Deftones headlined Optimus Alive with Pearl Jam and Faith No More in 2010. Don't think that Lamb Of God could fill Orange though.
And btw, The Verve is in their third break-up at the moment icon_razz.gif
Written on: 13.03.2013 22:53
Rockmus
Posts: 290
THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!! In my opinion are they in the top 10 of most important bands in the history of rock (they're up there with bowie and beatles - I'm serious!) and they're still fucking alive and vital M B V isn't as good as loveless... BUT IT IS GOOD! and it's a sign of life from some lunatics that have no idea when to say "okay it's loud enough now"

I didn't have the money to go in '08, and it makes me sad to think about icon_cry.gif
Written on: 25.03.2013 18:57
Coldblooded
Posts: 1228
Jonas Binder wrote:

My Bloody Valentine announced for Eurockeness in France 7th july.
This is seriously close to Roskilde. COME ON!!!!!!!

And now they announced that they're playing at the Hop Farm festival in UK the 5th. Leaves Thursday and Saturday open. COOME OOOOOON


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...