D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29. juni til 6. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Other Festivals 2014

Written on: 03.12.2013 15:18
Bongo Anders
It reminds me of the fake Coachella poster that came last year with Daft Punk and others not ending on the final poster
Written on: 03.12.2013 16:06
I Like Turtles
AP wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

Seems there's been a leak with the Hellfest-lineup
20 JUNE 2014

Mainstage 1 : Iron Maiden, Rob Zombie, Queensrÿche, Therapy?, Satan, Crossfaith, Nightmare.
Mainstage 2 : Slayer, Trivium, Sepultura, Death Angel, MOD, Toxic Holocaust, Fueled By fire, Angelus Apatrida.
The Altar : Death, Kataklysm, Pungent Stench, Nocturnus AD, Loudblast, Blockheads.
The Temple : Watain, Enslaved, Turisas, Impaled Nazarene, Destroyer 666.
The Valley : Electric Wizard, Godflesh, Kylesa, Kadavar, Royal Thunder, Downfall Of Gaiia, Caspian, Conan, Mars Red Sky.
The Warzone : Walls Of Jericho, Pro Pain, Downset, Slapshot, Defeater, First Blood, Brutality Will Prevail, Stick Your Guns.

21 JUNE 2014

Mainstage 1 : Aerosmith, Deep Purple, Status Quo, Skid Row, Buckcherry, Walking Papers, Lez Zeppelin, Killers.
Mainstage 2 : Avenged Sevenfold, Soulfly, Hatebreed, Dagoba, We Came As Romans, While She Sleeps, Of Mice And Men, Darkness Dynamite.
The Altar : Carcass, Nile, Gorguts, Hail Of Bullets, Incantation, Supuration, Weekend Nacho’s, Benighted.
The Temple : Gorgoroth, Eluveitie, Tsjuder, Shining, MGLA, Gehenna, Trollfest, Temple Of Baal.
The Valley : Monster Magnet, Clutch, Acid King, Witch Mountain, Subrosa, Saviours, Herder, Hark.
The Warzone : Millencollin, 7 seconds, Bl’ast !, Misconduct, Burning heads, Ays

22 JUNE 2014

Mainstage 1 : Black Sabbath, Soundgarden, Megadeth, Alter Bridge, Seether, Crowbar, Lofofora, Blue Pills.
Mainstage 2 : Emperor, Iced Earth, Behemoth, Annihilator, Angra, Powerwolf, In Solitude, Scorpion Child, Year Of The Goat.
The Altar : Paradise Lost, Soilwork, The Black Dalhia Murder, Unleashed, Repulsion, Ulcerate, Obliteration.
The Temple : Vreid Sognametal, 1349, Solstafir, Equilibrium, Urfaust, Dordeduh, The Ruins Of Beverast.
The Valley: Unida, Spirit Caravan, Dozer, House Of Broken Promises, Lowrider, Zodiac, Satan’s Satyrs, Watertank.
The Warzone : Turbonegro, Floggin Molly, Misfits, Mad Sin, Last Resort, The Bones, Tagada Jones, Crushing Caspars.

If this is true.. OH MY GOD!

Any source on this? It's Hellfest, so I don't see why it couldn't be possible... but even by their standards that's pretty magnificent!

Hellfest is announcing something tomorrow saying, "No festival has gathered so many metal legends" followed by the title of a maiden song "be quick or be dead!". One of the bands I follow on facebook, Kadavar, who is playing Hellfest also said, "Kadavar confirmed for Hellfest 2014. what a lineup: Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, Deep Purple, Status QuoRob, Zombie, Queensrÿche, Therapy?, Electric Wizard, Monster Magnet, Clutch and many more..." Guess they thought it was announced already
Written on: 03.12.2013 17:34
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Christian Forslund wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

But Roskilde asked on Facebook if we wanted to wait on the big ones in January or get the smaller names now to kill waiting time.

Yes, I know, I am impatient. But sometimes I get the feeling, that RF misses out on interesting headliners, because they are late in their bookings.
If RF end up matching last years lineup, I will be satisfied thoughicon_smile.gif

If you look at it:
The National and QOTSA: RF13
Mew: RF12 one of very few shows that year

So the first 2 have never been in the pic for Roskilde 2014 and Mew will not headline a normal year where the play a lot of shows.

Then we got Arcade fire, Franz Ferdinand & Pixies
Arcade fire is not in europa at Roskilde (but yeah get job of Northside)
But I have a hard time seen that the Roskilde bookers have beening sleeping.
And I am 100% sure that NS would have lovede to book Haim

And this it not about trashning NS, I think they have made som great bookings for there festival
Written on: 03.12.2013 19:30
Christian Forslund
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

If you look at it:
The National and QOTSA: RF13
Mew: RF12 one of very few shows that year

So the first 2 have never been in the pic for Roskilde 2014 and Mew will not headline a normal year where the play a lot of shows.

Then we got Arcade fire, Franz Ferdinand & Pixies
Arcade fire is not in europa at Roskilde (but yeah get job of Northside)
But I have a hard time seen that the Roskilde bookers have beening sleeping.
And I am 100% sure that NS would have lovede to book Haim

And this it not about trashning NS, I think they have made som great bookings for there festival

I completely agree with your assesment of the bands and only the three of them would have been relevnt headliners for RF2014.
My thought was that I'm impressed about the Northside lieup and the rapid growth of the festival. But also that not only Northside but also the big european festivals have announced their headliners the last few weeks, so these headliners should be booked while they are still avaible.
Written on: 05.12.2013 13:28
Jackster
System Of A Down in Sonisphere Uk the same weekend as Roskilde. They've never been in the festival, and they are a top class acting. Perfect metal headliner, IMO.
Written on: 05.12.2013 13:35
Wallu
Jackster wrote:

System Of A Down in Sonisphere Uk the same weekend as Roskilde. They've never been in the festival, and they are a top class acting. Perfect metal headliner, IMO.

We´re still lacking a "like"-button on this forum.
Written on: 05.12.2013 13:52
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Wallu wrote:

Jackster wrote:

We like postes more then likes icon_wink.gif But agree bring SOAD
Written on: 05.12.2013 14:04
Wallu
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Wallu wrote:

Jackster wrote:

We like postes more then likes icon_wink.gif But agree bring SOAD

Yeah, I came to the same conclusion, after I wrote that previous post... But yep, SOAD!! icon_smile.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 05.12.2013 at 14:08.]
Written on: 05.12.2013 17:08
Mikkel Hylleberg Sørensen
10 names for Rock Werchter line-up, which is the following:

Metallica, Artic Monkeys, Placebo, The Black Keys, Franz Ferdinand, Skrillex, Major Lazer, Pixies, Jack Johnson and Triggerfinger!

Im totally going this year! (sorry Roskilde) icon_wink.gif

[This article was edited 5 times, at last 10.12.2013 at 15:53.]
Written on: 05.12.2013 19:55
Jackster
And The Black Keys in Open'er in Poland, the same weekend than roskilde. Another headliner that has never appeared in the festival.....
Written on: 09.12.2013 11:00
AC/DC
Neil Young @ Hyde Park's British Summer Time on July 12 in London
Written on: 09.12.2013 19:16
I Like Turtles
Jackster wrote:

Where do you see this?
Written on: 10.12.2013 10:14
Wallu
Caribou, Pheonix, Children of Bodom and the 1975 to Ruisrock, Finland on the same weekend as Roskilde.
Written on: 10.12.2013 11:35
Lord Beef Jerky
Seriously... if Roskilde manages to pull off The Black Keys, System Of A Down and Skrillex, we could be looking at the strongest headlining line-up in years. Add Neil Young (or David Bowie of course) and Eminem to that line-up as well, I think they'll be selling out faster than ever before.
Written on: 10.12.2013 11:50
AC/DC
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Seriously... if Roskilde manages to pull off The Black Keys, System Of A Down and Skrillex, we could be looking at the strongest headlining line-up in years. Add Neil Young (or David Bowie of course) and Eminem to that line-up as well, I think they'll be selling out faster than ever before.

The lineup this year was also good. I think it is good chance to get Iron Maiden and Foo Fighters to Roskilde next year icon_cool.gif
Written on: 10.12.2013 12:59
Davy Grolton
The Keys now confirmed for Werchter playing Saturday. Hope fades...
Written on: 11.12.2013 01:45
I Like Turtles
Wallu wrote:

Caribou, Pheonix, Children of Bodom and the 1975 to Ruisrock, Finland on the same weekend as Roskilde.

The 1975 plays Smukfest which means no Roskilde, just like Phoenix played NorthSide last year which means that they probably haven't released anything new at the time of next year. And I don't think that roskilde wants to do a "NorthSide" - definition: an international band that played another big danish festival the year before, but plays this one as well without anything new under their belt icon_biggrin.gif
Caribou should come though! They couldn't make it in 2012 because of obligations as Radiohead's warm-up band (which the did quite well!), but 2014 could be the year.
Written on: 11.12.2013 09:12
AC/DC
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

I can t not find info about System Of A Down at Sonisphere next year
Written on: 11.12.2013 12:04
Bongo Anders
Northside has done it again and booked a recent Roskilde Head/Subliner.

This time its a collab between Robyn and Royksopp, I'm trying not to get envy but then I remind myself how the Ingrid collaboration this year or the very strange Mew, A-H-A, Coldplay collab from 2 years ago went.
Written on: 12.12.2013 00:13
MrLee
AC/DC wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

I can t not find info about System Of A Down at Sonisphere next year

That's because they're not playing.
The 3rd headliner is The Prodigy.

Even if SOAD were available, im not sure RF would be willing to pay their asking price.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 12.12.2013 at 00:16.]
Written on: 13.12.2013 10:18
muoe
Pearl Jam announced for Rock Werchter and Open'er. Only 2 festival-shows they're doing this summer, it is stated at Rock Werchter's Facebook-page.
Written on: 13.12.2013 11:15
Fredde
muoe wrote:

Pearl Jam announced for Rock Werchter and Open'er. Only 2 festival-shows they're doing this summer, it is stated at Rock Werchter's Facebook-page.

Pearl Jam is announced for a stadium-gig in Stockholm, Sweden on june 28th as well.
http://www.aftonbladet.se
Written on: 13.12.2013 12:47
Bjørn Helbo
Pearl Jam to Roskilde must be a long shot, but could be awesome. They play a lot of gigs around europa incl. Rock Werchter. And Rock Werchter and Roskilde normally work together, so Pearl Jam as the closing act sunday? I cant see them play at any other time if they ever comeback to Roskilde.
http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/79139
Written on: 13.12.2013 16:07
I Like Turtles
Bjørn Helbo wrote:

Pearl Jam to Roskilde must be a long shot, but could be awesome. They play a lot of gigs around europa incl. Rock Werchter. And Rock Werchter and Roskilde normally work together, so Pearl Jam as the closing act sunday? I cant see them play at any other time if they ever comeback to Roskilde.
http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/79139

Again, Open'er and Werchter are the only two festivalshows this summer. Not "so far", it's the only shows http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/news/detail/pearl-jam-headline-on-saturday-5-july
Written on: 16.12.2013 09:29
Wallu
Rob Zombie and Haim to Ilosaarirock, Joensuu, Finland one week after Roskilde. Rob Zombie would be cool, a shame he had to cancel last time.

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...