D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29. juni til 6. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

The Last 15 Acts


Author Message
Written on: 19.04.2012 23:54
Macho
Posts: 153
So Rikke Øxner mentioned at the big announcement that we still have 15 or so acts to look forward to. Who do you think/hope it will be? Realistically?
Written on: 20.04.2012 00:00
Daniel
Posts: 5
Hopefully some reggae!
Written on: 20.04.2012 02:16
Thorbjørn
Posts: 100
Considering they decided to only put 7 acts on top of the bill, I am expecting at least another headliner. They could've put someone like Machine Head on the top, but they didn't, and I think that definitely indicates, they're hoping to get another act up there.
Written on: 20.04.2012 03:01
Robin
Posts: 13
There is alot good bands at Hove Festival that might be something to consider.

The XX, Band of skulls, Dropkick Murphys, Ed sheeran, Flux pavilion, Knife party, Labrinth, Lemâitre, Michael Kiwanuka, M.Ward, My Morning Jacket, Nero, Real estate, Rise Against, Skrillex, Snoop Dogg, Toro Y Moi
Written on: 20.04.2012 07:53
armed_panda
Posts: 13
at the drive-in, dropkick murphys, royal republic. atleast one please.

When do yopu think they would release it?
Written on: 20.04.2012 09:00
Christian Forslund
Posts: 336
I'm sure they will continue with the weekly releases, like they did that last year (where Portishead and Kaizers orchestra was announced in the last day of releases sometime in june).
Written on: 20.04.2012 16:09
Ziggy Stardust
Posts: 32
Hoping for Blood Red Shoes, Other Lives or The XX. Still got my fingers crossed for Placebo, but I guess that won't be possible.
Written on: 20.04.2012 17:01
Simon
Posts: 11
Franz Ferdinand have free dates on the 5th and the 7th. I think we lack a headliner in this genre so for me Franz Ferdinand would be perfect. Is this possible?
Written on: 20.04.2012 17:06
Jesper Mørch
Posts: 16
Really really hoping for Knife Party or Flux Pavillion, or both! icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 20.04.2012 17:13
Macho
Posts: 153
What about:

Lana Del Rey
Grace Jones
Crystal Castles
Medeon
Magnetic Man
David August
Art Department
Crazy P
Azari & III
Gossip
DJ Hell
The Rapture
The Golden Filter
Maceo Plex
Todd Tejre
Dead Can Dance
Shed
Tale Of Us

...I know alot of elctronic acts, but we need to get Apollo off to a great start!
Written on: 20.04.2012 18:38
Nicholas Solø Varela
Posts: 22
Just give me Crystal Castles.
Written on: 20.04.2012 19:21
Classic rock dude!
Posts: 2496
Macho wrote:

What about:

Lana Del Rey
Grace Jones
Crystal Castles
Medeon
Magnetic Man
David August
Art Department
Crazy P
Azari & III
Gossip
DJ Hell
The Rapture
The Golden Filter
Maceo Plex
Todd Tejre
Dead Can Dance
Shed
Tale Of Us

...I know alot of elctronic acts, but we need to get Apollo off to a great start!



You don't think the electronica fans have had their feed for this year?

We need more mash up though. DJS From Mars or Loo & Placido or DJ Schmolli would do nicely. Or some chill with LeeDM101 or... or .... or... icon_biggrin.gif

Written on: 21.04.2012 18:21
Kuken Andersson
Posts: 106
I'm hoping Justice or Regina Spector as headliners.

And Kavinsky and Agnes Obel as new subheadliners.
Written on: 21.04.2012 19:32
skallgrimsson
Posts: 1120
Joseph wrote:

I'm hoping Justice or Regina Spector as headliners.

And Kavinsky and Agnes Obel as new subheadliners.


I would love that, all of that!
Written on: 21.04.2012 19:33
skallgrimsson
Posts: 1120
Personally hoping for some more punk, electronica and reggea
Written on: 21.04.2012 20:40
TMaagaard
Posts: 320
skallgrimsson wrote:

Personally hoping for some more punk, electronica and reggea


There isn't a whole lot of either, so I expect the announcements to contain at least one of each.
Written on: 21.04.2012 22:22
Lord Beef Jerky
Posts: 1500
One more "solid" headliner. Not the questionable kind like Bon Iver or Mew. But one in the vein of Springsteen, The Cure and Björk. I'm not talking about quality here, Bon Iver is one of my must-sees this year, but a headliner that fits the spot, and makes no one question if it does or not. That's what we need. A real Orange act. Other than that two more sub-headliners in the rock category. I'm not a guy that usually thinks too much in lines of genres, but for once we have a bunch of hip hop, electronic and metal, so I'm not demanding more in these genres. Keep the last couple of announcements somewhat predictable and crowd-pleasing, and we should end up with a great and diverse line-up this year.
Written on: 22.04.2012 13:43
Thorbjørn
Posts: 100
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

One more "solid" headliner. Not the questionable kind like Bon Iver or Mew. But one in the vein of Springsteen, The Cure and Björk. I'm not talking about quality here, Bon Iver is one of my must-sees this year, but a headliner that fits the spot, and makes no one question if it does or not. That's what we need. A real Orange act. Other than that two more sub-headliners in the rock category. I'm not a guy that usually thinks too much in lines of genres, but for once we have a bunch of hip hop, electronic and metal, so I'm not demanding more in these genres. Keep the last couple of announcements somewhat predictable and crowd-pleasing, and we should end up with a great and diverse line-up this year.

This is the truth. A real solid headliner as well as a couple of real crowd pleasing subliners and then this lineup's a winner!
Written on: 22.04.2012 15:04
Daniel Haines
Posts: 19
Wasn't impressed at first but as I looked closer at the line up I think this could be an amazing line up, last 15 I would like:

Flying lotus
At the drive in
Weeknd
Jonwayne
Tanlines
The knife
John frusciante
Written on: 22.04.2012 15:13
Daniel Haines
Posts: 19
Oh and try and get andrew wk and demdike stare, both amazing live acts, much needed!
Written on: 22.04.2012 16:09
Rockmus
Posts: 290
Jeff Mangum, Frank Ocean and The Weeknd. One of them, and I'm in heaven icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 22.04.2012 16:16
Wallu
Posts: 640
Finland should be represented more on the poster, since we have very good live-bands nowadays. So Death Hawks, Trio Tetris, The Northern Governors, The Irrationals and Rättö ja Lehtisalo. Is Paul Simon finnish..?
Written on: 22.04.2012 16:41
Daniel Haines
Posts: 19
And headliner, as roskilde loves hip hop why not get the dre snoop and tupac ensemble over from coachella, I know roskilde could set that party off!!!
Written on: 22.04.2012 19:48
Ruslabox
Posts: 168
Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Macho wrote:

What about:

Lana Del Rey
Grace Jones
Crystal Castles
Medeon
Magnetic Man
David August
Art Department
Crazy P
Azari & III
Gossip
DJ Hell
The Rapture
The Golden Filter
Maceo Plex
Todd Tejre
Dead Can Dance
Shed
Tale Of Us

...I know alot of elctronic acts, but we need to get Apollo off to a great start!



You don't think the electronica fans have had their feed for this year?

We need more mash up though. DJS From Mars or Loo & Placido or DJ Schmolli would do nicely. Or some chill with LeeDM101 or... or .... or... icon_biggrin.gif




Considering the fact that they have a whole stage just for electronic artists, no.

Which acts until now could play Apollo (not counting Apollo Countdown acts)?

Lets see:
Modeselektor
Pretty Lights (Maybe Cosmopol)
Shlohmo
120 days (Not sure)
Addison Groove
Analogik
AraabMUZIK
Amsterdance
Blondes
Commix
Dalglish (Maybe Gloria, I haven't listened to enough of his music to decide)
DJ Static (Though probably Cosmopol)
Elektro Guzzi
Martyn
Oneohtrix Point Never (Maybe Gloria)
Rangleklods
Rockwell
Toddla T (Maybe Cosmopol)

That's 13 for sure and 5 maybe's. If the Stage will be as active as the other stages that means about 20-23 total concerts. I think there are a couple of electronic acts to go, but whether it will DJs like those Macho mentions or live acts i don't know. There aren't that many DJs (if any) as of now, but that doesn't seem to be Roskilde's preference in the electronic genres (something which I'm personally happy about). DJ Koze was the only one who played a DJ set last year as far as i recall.



Written on: 22.04.2012 20:21
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1103
Amsterdance is 4 djs so they will probably have the stage all night long and maybe take 2-4 regular slot times.


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...