D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27. juni til 4. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

The Last 15 Acts


Author Message
Written on: 08.05.2012 16:26
skallgrimsson
Posts: 1120
They really should release something now.

Last year we got Raveonettes, Graveyard, Love Shop and Next Life in the beginning of May.

I hope they have something like that icon_cool.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 08.05.2012 at 16:26.]
Written on: 08.05.2012 16:50
Niklas Birksted
Posts: 79
Willy Kerr wrote:

Last year they announced;

4 acts on 11.05.11
4 acts on 18.05.11
6 acts on 01.06.11

So we could be looking at more announcements tomorrow!

http://roskilde-festival.dk/uk/for_the_media/


Seems to be going down next week, bitches!

Or thats what twitter-allmighty says....
Written on: 08.05.2012 20:10
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
If they stay with 3 announcement like last year then the question is if they will skip the announcement this week or later in the month like last year.

But if the almighty Twitter god is right then we will have to wait to next week.
Written on: 10.05.2012 00:26
Karl
Posts: 16
Kasabian are avaliable the 5th and the 7th.
Now that Bjørk has canceled Roskilde has an excuse for booking a Northside act.
Do it Roskilde, do it.
Written on: 10.05.2012 09:37
Lord Beef Jerky
Posts: 1507
Karl wrote:

Kasabian are avaliable the 5th and the 7th.
Now that Bjørk has canceled Roskilde has an excuse for booking a Northside act.
Do it Roskilde, do it.


If they book a Northside act (which they won't), I sure as hell don't hope it will be Kasabian. They have a couple of much more interesting names in Justice, The Xx, The Stone Roses, Mumford & Sons, The Gaslight Anthem and Bat For Lashes.
Written on: 10.05.2012 09:50
Christian Forslund
Posts: 342
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Karl wrote:

Kasabian are avaliable the 5th and the 7th.
Now that Bjørk has canceled Roskilde has an excuse for booking a Northside act.
Do it Roskilde, do it.


If they book a Northside act (which they won't), I sure as hell don't hope it will be Kasabian. They have a couple of much more interesting names in Justice, The Xx, The Stone Roses, Mumford & Sons, The Gaslight Anthem and Bat For Lashes.

I still don't think they can book a major name from Northside. Bands like Justice, Garbage and Kasabian are their headliners and their biggest draws, so Northside would have been foolish not to demand, that they don't play other danish festivals.

Personaly I would have loved to see Garbage or Kasabian though.
Written on: 12.05.2012 02:36
Thorbjørn
Posts: 100
Karl wrote:

Kasabian are avaliable the 5th and the 7th.
Now that Bjørk has canceled Roskilde has an excuse for booking a Northside act.
Do it Roskilde, do it.


You realize that Björk hasn't actually cancelled?
And then like other people said above me, Kasabian are booked to Northside Festival, and most likely won't be playing any other festival in Denmark. Either because it doesn't make sense to play 2 major festivals in a small country like Denmark or because they've signed an exclusivity contract to Northside Festival.
Written on: 12.05.2012 17:33
Kuken Andersson
Posts: 109
Thorbjørn wrote:

Karl wrote:

Kasabian are avaliable the 5th and the 7th.
Now that Bjørk has canceled Roskilde has an excuse for booking a Northside act.
Do it Roskilde, do it.


You realize that Björk hasn't actually cancelled?
And then like other people said above me, Kasabian are booked to Northside Festival, and most likely won't be playing any other festival in Denmark. Either because it doesn't make sense to play 2 major festivals in a small country like Denmark or because they've signed an exclusivity contract to Northside Festival.


Oh snap
Written on: 14.05.2012 11:41
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
Rufus Wainwrights tour plan looks nicely fitted for a Thursday gig at Arena if theres is room next to Janelle Monaé and probably Wiz Khalifa at that stage.

jun 30, 2012 - Ann Arbor, MI
The Power Center

jul 01, 2012 - Grand Rapids, MI
Frederick Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park

jul 06, 2012 - Vienna, AU
Vienna State Opera House

jul 07, 2012 - Rotterdam, NL
North Sea Jazz Fest

jul 08, 2012 - Liege, BE
Les Ardentes Les Ardentes

jul 12, 2012 - Ostrava, CR
Colours Of Ostrava

jul 13, 2012 - Gräfenhainichen, DE
Melt Festival
Written on: 16.05.2012 14:18
Macho
Posts: 153
Why no new announcements today? We want new acts!
Written on: 16.05.2012 14:30
Willy Kerr?
Posts: 46
Indeed! We're due an announcement today, by all rights! What's going on?

No news is usually good news, but not in this case...
Written on: 16.05.2012 14:37
Christian Forslund
Posts: 342
Willy Kerr wrote:

Indeed! We're due an announcement today, by all rights! What's going on?

No news is usually good news, but not in this case...

There will be no new names released today. The RF admin said that yesterday on Facebook, so we are soon due to get a lot of names, and hopefully at least some bigger ones.
Written on: 16.05.2012 15:31
Willy Kerr?
Posts: 46
Boooo!!!

Then what's the point of there even being a Wednesday if there's no Roskilde announcement to look forward to?!?

I might as well sleep until tomorrow morning so.

They didn't indicate when they expect to make an announcement then, no? I bet they said 'soon'.
Written on: 16.05.2012 16:33
Christian Forslund
Posts: 342
Willy Kerr wrote:

Boooo!!!

Then what's the point of there even being a Wednesday if there's no Roskilde announcement to look forward to?!?

I might as well sleep until tomorrow morning so.

They didn't indicate when they expect to make an announcement then, no? I bet they said 'soon'.

What is the point in there being a thursday...

I would expect announcements next week (but so did I last week) and probably three wednesdays of releases yet to come.
Written on: 21.05.2012 08:39
Lord Beef Jerky
Posts: 1507
The big release is a month ago, and we have about a month left before Roskilde kicks off.... maybe they should start announcing the last 15 acts soon?
Written on: 21.05.2012 16:09
Macho
Posts: 153
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

The big release is a month ago, and we have about a month left before Roskilde kicks off.... maybe they should start announcing the last 15 acts soon?


+1!!!!
Written on: 22.05.2012 00:36
I Like Turtles
Posts: 760
The last couple of years I don't think they have had a whole lot of TBA's on the schedule, which should be released in about 2-3 weeks. So 4-5 artists the next wednesdays would be a fair bet, starting the day after tomorrow
Written on: 22.05.2012 14:51
TMaagaard
Posts: 380
They posted this in a comment on Facebook today:

Roskilde Festival@Facebook wrote:
‎Zie, we'll announce a little something tomorrow.


icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 22.05.2012 15:31
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Good!

Hope it will be something well worth the wait!!
Written on: 22.05.2012 15:32
Niklas Birksted
Posts: 79
TMaagaard wrote:

They posted this in a comment on Facebook today:

Roskilde Festival@Facebook wrote:
‎Zie, we'll announce a little something tomorrow.


icon_biggrin.gif


Damn, you beat me

This on twitter


https://twitter.com/orangefeeling/status/204875894110691330

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 22.05.2012 at 15:33.]
Written on: 22.05.2012 18:55
Lord Beef Jerky
Posts: 1507
No teaser? Damn slackers!
Written on: 22.05.2012 19:43
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1269
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

No teaser? Damn slackers!


When Aleg ask for a teaser on facebook the respons from the festival was:

Roskilde Festival: Yes, no teasers this time around. You wouldn't guess them anyways icon_razz.gif
Written on: 23.05.2012 08:27
Lord Beef Jerky
Posts: 1507
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

No teaser? Damn slackers!


When Aleg ask for a teaser on facebook the respons from the festival was:

Roskilde Festival: Yes, no teasers this time around. You wouldn't guess them anyways icon_razz.gif


Sounds like something not to look forward to.
Written on: 23.05.2012 08:34
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

No teaser? Damn slackers!


When Aleg ask for a teaser on facebook the respons from the festival was:

Roskilde Festival: Yes, no teasers this time around. You wouldn't guess them anyways icon_razz.gif


Sounds like something not to look forward to.


icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Just the fact that they seem proud of serving up yet another completely unknown after this long (disclaimer: if we have understood it correctly)
Written on: 23.05.2012 09:20
matze
Posts: 10
Jan Mølby loves Big Macs wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

No teaser? Damn slackers!


When Aleg ask for a teaser on facebook the respons from the festival was:

Roskilde Festival: Yes, no teasers this time around. You wouldn't guess them anyways icon_razz.gif


Sounds like something not to look forward to.


icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Just the fact that they seem proud of serving up yet another completely unknown after this long (disclaimer: if we have understood it correctly)


be optimistic... maybe its just because the announcement is so phenomenal that we would never expect it http://www.world-of-smilies.com/wos_musik/00000404.gif


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...