D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29. juni til 6. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

The Last 15 Acts


Author Message
Written on: 06.06.2012 00:04
Anders Post
Posts: 152
Folk: Todd Snider. Love that guy!
Written on: 06.06.2012 00:09
Jonas Binder
Posts: 40
Pop: Maybe a subline pop-artist?
Soul: Michael Kiwanuka
Folk: Chad VanGaalen maybe. Or Neil Young icon_wink.gif
Disco: Still don't know!
Reggae: Still don't know!
Written on: 06.06.2012 00:19
Anders Post
Posts: 152
Maybe Todd Snider would be described otherwise than folk... Dunno. Soul could be Bobby womack. Coming out with a new record and touring in the Roskilde period..
Written on: 06.06.2012 00:56
Magnus Andersen
Posts: 13
Karl wrote:

Please not DAD.
They are a playing every fucking shopping mall these days. Even though it might be tempting to have a cheap Orange stage act which can create some sing along atmosphere, it would be a total sell out to have them.
They belong at Skanderborg, Vig, City2, Oslobåden amd Tivoli, not Roskilde.

How can you be such ignorant? That is incredible. D-A-D needs money like everybody else in this country so ofc it's necessary for them to play at smaller festivals, if they want music as their incomesource. They are a oldschool rockband and therefor it's even harder for them to sell albums, and earn money on that.

Judge them on their musicality level and not, because they aren't snobbish like you.
I also have a question to you. What is wrong with tivoli? Kanye West also played in Tivoli, does that means he has going sellout? Or because Icecube and Blur are attending at Skanderborg this year, does that means they are going sellout?

You are on deep deep water.

They are still a very actual band and that shows their newest album. A very great album! And D-A-D always guarantee a great concert.



And in the end i will just tell you they don't play in shopping malls. icon_wink.gif
Written on: 06.06.2012 08:50
Lord Beef Jerky
Posts: 1500
Does Chairlift belong in the disco genre? I'm crossing my fingers then...
Written on: 06.06.2012 09:35
Anges
Posts: 309
Folk: Jonas Alaska? I've only listened to 2 or 3 songs but he is defenitely good. I still hope for The New Spring, though.
Written on: 06.06.2012 09:38
Lord Beef Jerky
Posts: 1500
Just bring The Weepies or The Wilderness Of Manitoba as the folk band, and I'll be in heaven.
Written on: 06.06.2012 10:13
Coldblooded
Posts: 1190
gixbit wrote:

From the answers on twitter I think there are only 3-5 names left. And most of them, if not all, in small letters. But I could of course be wrong.

But hope it's the last thing that leaves you so personally i hope for surprises like Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Thåström, Morrissey, Black Lips, Lee Fields, Four Tet and some good punkrock. But hey, i'm quite satisfied anyhow and it's only 20+ days lefticon_biggrin.gif


You got one of your wishes icon_wink.gif
Written on: 06.06.2012 11:08
Classic rock dude!
Posts: 2493
How many bands did they release after the big one?
Written on: 06.06.2012 11:13
Coldblooded
Posts: 1190
Top Secret Identity wrote:

How many bands did they release after the big one?

They're not done yet, but so far: Nine.

Dr. John, Giraffage, Africa Hitech, Hamadcha Sufi Tariqa of Essaouaria, Gossip, Gentleman & the Revolution, Lee Fields, Niklas, Spillemændene.
Written on: 06.06.2012 11:29
Classic rock dude!
Posts: 2493
Coldblooded wrote:

Top Secret Identity wrote:

How many bands did they release after the big one?

They're not done yet, but so far: Nine.

Dr. John, Giraffage, Africa Hitech, Hamadcha Sufi Tariqa of Essaouaria, Gossip, Gentleman & the Revolution, Lee Fields, Niklas, Spillemændene.


Oh, I read the other thread as today was the final releases. Cheers, more to look forward to then!
Written on: 06.06.2012 15:27
gixbit
Posts: 268
Coldblooded wrote:

gixbit wrote:

From the answers on twitter I think there are only 3-5 names left. And most of them, if not all, in small letters. But I could of course be wrong.

But hope it's the last thing that leaves you so personally i hope for surprises like Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Thåström, Morrissey, Black Lips, Lee Fields, Four Tet and some good punkrock. But hey, i'm quite satisfied anyhow and it's only 20+ days lefticon_biggrin.gif


You got one of your wishes icon_wink.gif



Yes, very happy with Lee. In fact I didn't see it coming since he wasn't touring Europe the same weekend as Roskilde. His two latest albums is faboulous. And I think he will give us an excellent hour like Charles Bradley did last year.

Now I hope for Jon Spencer Blues Explosion. They seem to start their european tour on the 7th of july in Belgium. Just buy them earlier plane tickets and bring them up on a Roskildestage. Would be perfect.
Written on: 06.06.2012 18:48
Karl
Posts: 15
Magnus Andersen wrote:

Karl wrote:

Please not DAD.
They are a playing every fucking shopping mall these days. Even though it might be tempting to have a cheap Orange stage act which can create some sing along atmosphere, it would be a total sell out to have them.
They belong at Skanderborg, Vig, City2, Oslobåden amd Tivoli, not Roskilde.

How can you be such ignorant? That is incredible. D-A-D needs money like everybody else in this country so ofc it's necessary for them to play at smaller festivals, if they want music as their incomesource. They are a oldschool rockband and therefor it's even harder for them to sell albums, and earn money on that.

Judge them on their musicality level and not, because they aren't snobbish like you.
I also have a question to you. What is wrong with tivoli? Kanye West also played in Tivoli, does that means he has going sellout? Or because Icecube and Blur are attending at Skanderborg this year, does that means they are going sellout?

You are on deep deep water.

They are still a very actual band and that shows their newest album. A very great album! And D-A-D always guarantee a great concert.



And in the end i will just tell you they don't play in shopping malls. icon_wink.gif


Is it you, Stig?
Roskilde aims to have their names exclusive for DK, ot at least as close to as possible. Then bands who plays every venue who wants to book them just doesn't fit in. I reckon that is also more or less out in the open that it the reason why they hardly play Roskilde anymore.
I agree with the festival on this one.
Written on: 06.06.2012 21:23
Christian Forslund
Posts: 334
Top Secret Identity wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Top Secret Identity wrote:

How many bands did they release after the big one?

They're not done yet, but so far: Nine.

Dr. John, Giraffage, Africa Hitech, Hamadcha Sufi Tariqa of Essaouaria, Gossip, Gentleman & the Revolution, Lee Fields, Niklas, Spillemændene.


Oh, I read the other thread as today was the final releases. Cheers, more to look forward to then!

No according to the releasenote today they have nearly booked everything, so it seems there is still one release left.
Written on: 07.06.2012 15:06
Henrik
Posts: 67
Karl wrote:

Magnus Andersen wrote:

Karl wrote:

Please not DAD.
They are a playing every fucking shopping mall these days. Even though it might be tempting to have a cheap Orange stage act which can create some sing along atmosphere, it would be a total sell out to have them.
They belong at Skanderborg, Vig, City2, Oslobåden amd Tivoli, not Roskilde.

How can you be such ignorant? That is incredible. D-A-D needs money like everybody else in this country so ofc it's necessary for them to play at smaller festivals, if they want music as their incomesource. They are a oldschool rockband and therefor it's even harder for them to sell albums, and earn money on that.

Judge them on their musicality level and not, because they aren't snobbish like you.
I also have a question to you. What is wrong with tivoli? Kanye West also played in Tivoli, does that means he has going sellout? Or because Icecube and Blur are attending at Skanderborg this year, does that means they are going sellout?

You are on deep deep water.

They are still a very actual band and that shows their newest album. A very great album! And D-A-D always guarantee a great concert.



And in the end i will just tell you they don't play in shopping malls. icon_wink.gif


Is it you, Stig?
Roskilde aims to have their names exclusive for DK, ot at least as close to as possible. Then bands who plays every venue who wants to book them just doesn't fit in. I reckon that is also more or less out in the open that it the reason why they hardly play Roskilde anymore.
I agree with the festival on this one.


What about Magtens Korridorer? http://www.magtenskorridorer.dk/?page_id=1391 They play a lot of other danish festivals - incl. fredagsrock in tivoli. DEEP DEEP WATER !!
Written on: 07.06.2012 15:20
Coldblooded
Posts: 1190
Henrik wrote:

Karl wrote:

Magnus Andersen wrote:

Karl wrote:

Please not DAD.
They are a playing every fucking shopping mall these days. Even though it might be tempting to have a cheap Orange stage act which can create some sing along atmosphere, it would be a total sell out to have them.
They belong at Skanderborg, Vig, City2, Oslobåden amd Tivoli, not Roskilde.

How can you be such ignorant? That is incredible. D-A-D needs money like everybody else in this country so ofc it's necessary for them to play at smaller festivals, if they want music as their incomesource. They are a oldschool rockband and therefor it's even harder for them to sell albums, and earn money on that.

Judge them on their musicality level and not, because they aren't snobbish like you.
I also have a question to you. What is wrong with tivoli? Kanye West also played in Tivoli, does that means he has going sellout? Or because Icecube and Blur are attending at Skanderborg this year, does that means they are going sellout?

You are on deep deep water.

They are still a very actual band and that shows their newest album. A very great album! And D-A-D always guarantee a great concert.



And in the end i will just tell you they don't play in shopping malls. icon_wink.gif


Is it you, Stig?
Roskilde aims to have their names exclusive for DK, ot at least as close to as possible. Then bands who plays every venue who wants to book them just doesn't fit in. I reckon that is also more or less out in the open that it the reason why they hardly play Roskilde anymore.
I agree with the festival on this one.


What about Magtens Korridorer? http://www.magtenskorridorer.dk/?page_id=1391 They play a lot of other danish festivals - incl. fredagsrock in tivoli. DEEP DEEP WATER !!

Well, you could then argue that since RF already has Mew, Magtens Korridorer and Spleen United, they might not really need another Danish rock band in the same league.
Written on: 07.06.2012 16:01
Classic rock dude!
Posts: 2493
Coldblooded wrote:

Henrik wrote:

Karl wrote:

Magnus Andersen wrote:

Karl wrote:

Please not DAD.
They are a playing every fucking shopping mall these days. Even though it might be tempting to have a cheap Orange stage act which can create some sing along atmosphere, it would be a total sell out to have them.
They belong at Skanderborg, Vig, City2, Oslobåden amd Tivoli, not Roskilde.

How can you be such ignorant? That is incredible. D-A-D needs money like everybody else in this country so ofc it's necessary for them to play at smaller festivals, if they want music as their incomesource. They are a oldschool rockband and therefor it's even harder for them to sell albums, and earn money on that.

Judge them on their musicality level and not, because they aren't snobbish like you.
I also have a question to you. What is wrong with tivoli? Kanye West also played in Tivoli, does that means he has going sellout? Or because Icecube and Blur are attending at Skanderborg this year, does that means they are going sellout?

You are on deep deep water.

They are still a very actual band and that shows their newest album. A very great album! And D-A-D always guarantee a great concert.



And in the end i will just tell you they don't play in shopping malls. icon_wink.gif


Is it you, Stig?
Roskilde aims to have their names exclusive for DK, ot at least as close to as possible. Then bands who plays every venue who wants to book them just doesn't fit in. I reckon that is also more or less out in the open that it the reason why they hardly play Roskilde anymore.
I agree with the festival on this one.


What about Magtens Korridorer? http://www.magtenskorridorer.dk/?page_id=1391 They play a lot of other danish festivals - incl. fredagsrock in tivoli. DEEP DEEP WATER !!

Well, you could then argue that since RF already has Mew, Magtens Korridorer and Spleen United, they might not really need another Danish rock band in the same league.


You could also argue that, unless you are going to all these places these bands play, why should you care? Why not just focus on having the best available music?
Written on: 07.06.2012 16:03
Magnus Andersen
Posts: 13
Coldblooded wrote:

Henrik wrote:

Karl wrote:

Magnus Andersen wrote:

Karl wrote:

Please not DAD.
They are a playing every fucking shopping mall these days. Even though it might be tempting to have a cheap Orange stage act which can create some sing along atmosphere, it would be a total sell out to have them.
They belong at Skanderborg, Vig, City2, Oslobåden amd Tivoli, not Roskilde.

How can you be such ignorant? That is incredible. D-A-D needs money like everybody else in this country so ofc it's necessary for them to play at smaller festivals, if they want music as their incomesource. They are a oldschool rockband and therefor it's even harder for them to sell albums, and earn money on that.

Judge them on their musicality level and not, because they aren't snobbish like you.
I also have a question to you. What is wrong with tivoli? Kanye West also played in Tivoli, does that means he has going sellout? Or because Icecube and Blur are attending at Skanderborg this year, does that means they are going sellout?

You are on deep deep water.

They are still a very actual band and that shows their newest album. A very great album! And D-A-D always guarantee a great concert.



And in the end i will just tell you they don't play in shopping malls. icon_wink.gif


Is it you, Stig?
Roskilde aims to have their names exclusive for DK, ot at least as close to as possible. Then bands who plays every venue who wants to book them just doesn't fit in. I reckon that is also more or less out in the open that it the reason why they hardly play Roskilde anymore.
I agree with the festival on this one.


What about Magtens Korridorer? http://www.magtenskorridorer.dk/?page_id=1391 They play a lot of other danish festivals - incl. fredagsrock in tivoli. DEEP DEEP WATER !!

Well, you could then argue that since RF already has Mew, Magtens Korridorer and Spleen United, they might not really need another Danish rock band in the same league.

Karl: I wish i was Stig, but i'm unfortunately not. icon_wink.gif

Well they are not playing Skanderborg this Summer Carl, and your argue is that, because they play a lot of other festivals they can't join Roskilde? That is really a bad argue. What about all the other danish acts, who has played at Roskilde? They also plays many other danish festivals. So come back with a better argue, please. icon_smile.gif
Written on: 07.06.2012 16:14
Coldblooded
Posts: 1190
Top Secret Identity wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Henrik wrote:

Karl wrote:

Magnus Andersen wrote:

Karl wrote:

Please not DAD.
They are a playing every fucking shopping mall these days. Even though it might be tempting to have a cheap Orange stage act which can create some sing along atmosphere, it would be a total sell out to have them.
They belong at Skanderborg, Vig, City2, Oslobåden amd Tivoli, not Roskilde.

How can you be such ignorant? That is incredible. D-A-D needs money like everybody else in this country so ofc it's necessary for them to play at smaller festivals, if they want music as their incomesource. They are a oldschool rockband and therefor it's even harder for them to sell albums, and earn money on that.

Judge them on their musicality level and not, because they aren't snobbish like you.
I also have a question to you. What is wrong with tivoli? Kanye West also played in Tivoli, does that means he has going sellout? Or because Icecube and Blur are attending at Skanderborg this year, does that means they are going sellout?

You are on deep deep water.

They are still a very actual band and that shows their newest album. A very great album! And D-A-D always guarantee a great concert.



And in the end i will just tell you they don't play in shopping malls. icon_wink.gif


Is it you, Stig?
Roskilde aims to have their names exclusive for DK, ot at least as close to as possible. Then bands who plays every venue who wants to book them just doesn't fit in. I reckon that is also more or less out in the open that it the reason why they hardly play Roskilde anymore.
I agree with the festival on this one.


What about Magtens Korridorer? http://www.magtenskorridorer.dk/?page_id=1391 They play a lot of other danish festivals - incl. fredagsrock in tivoli. DEEP DEEP WATER !!

Well, you could then argue that since RF already has Mew, Magtens Korridorer and Spleen United, they might not really need another Danish rock band in the same league.


You could also argue that, unless you are going to all these places these bands play, why should you care? Why not just focus on having the best available music?

I am not the one arguing that D-A-D shouldn't be there because they're playing elsewhere. I think that argument is most valid when we're talking international names who more often than not sign exclusivity clauses in contracts with various festivals, causing them to not be able to play everywhere. Malk de Koijn is another example of a big and extremely popular Danish name who play a bunch of festivals including at least three of the big, domestic ones.

I think though that if the bookers are to follow the idea that diversity is crucial there really isn't the huge need for a band like D-A-D on the programme.
Written on: 07.06.2012 21:41
Karl
Posts: 15



What about Magtens Korridorer? http://www.magtenskorridorer.dk/?page_id=1391 They play a lot of other danish festivals - incl. fredagsrock in tivoli. DEEP DEEP WATER !!


Obvoius there are exceptions.
That doesn't change that as a rule of thump Roskilde aims to be as exclusive in their bookings as possible. DAD is just fucking far from exclusive these days.
I reckon Roskilde do right in striving to give you something you can't get every second week in a town near you.
Written on: 08.06.2012 00:25
Anders Post
Posts: 152
How about... We dont know about DAD... Any other bids on what the last couple of names?!
Written on: 08.06.2012 01:56
Magnus Andersen
Posts: 13
Karl wrote:




What about Magtens Korridorer? http://www.magtenskorridorer.dk/?page_id=1391 They play a lot of other danish festivals - incl. fredagsrock in tivoli. DEEP DEEP WATER !!


Obvoius there are exceptions.
That doesn't change that as a rule of thump Roskilde aims to be as exclusive in their bookings as possible. DAD is just fucking far from exclusive these days.
I reckon Roskilde do right in striving to give you something you can't get every second week in a town near you.

Ofcource Roskilde wants to striving to give you something very special, but that is not possible to do with all the names, and i can't see why D-A-D can't do that, just because they play a lot of other festivals and things in DK? What about Metallica, if they play many festivals in USA, they aren't interessting for festival, who wants something you can't get easy in that country?

I disagree D-A-D have played many great concerts at Roskilde, and after all the videos i have seen from 2005, when they last played, i can just say - what a fucking great show! And i think we miss a band, who can give us a solid rock concert, and some singalong with eachother, and D-A-D can give us that in my opinion, and besides all this they are very actual with their new great album which many reviewers has talking very positive about.
Written on: 08.06.2012 09:37
hed
Posts: 172
hoping for D-A-D.
have actually somehow never seen them before.
Written on: 08.06.2012 11:03
Jonas Binder
Posts: 40
Dont care about DAD.

We still have a few bands left, right?
What to expect? We need 1 or 2 big names among the subliners!
Written on: 08.06.2012 11:13
Dunkesen
Posts: 204
Pulp play Ruisrock in Finland on the Friday so I have my fingers crossed. I know Roskilde has pretty much over looked all the reuniting 80's/90's brit-bands, but Pulp has gotten so much praise for their shows last summer!


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...