D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29. juni til 6. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

The Mars Volta!


Author Message
Written on: 30.03.2012 10:03
Karl Otto Metsämäki
Posts: 7
Just saw that The Mars Volta will play at Ruisrock festival in Finland 8th july. Roskilde, book them! We need The Mars volta!
Written on: 30.03.2012 10:59
Wallu
Posts: 634
Karl Otto Metsämäki wrote:

Just saw that The Mars Volta will play at Ruisrock festival in Finland 8th july. Roskilde, book them! We need The Mars volta!


They also announced Suicidal Tendencies. Bring them!!!
Written on: 30.03.2012 11:48
Karl Otto Metsämäki
Posts: 7
Wallu wrote:

Karl Otto Metsämäki wrote:

Just saw that The Mars Volta will play at Ruisrock festival in Finland 8th july. Roskilde, book them! We need The Mars volta!


They also announced Suicidal Tendencies. Bring them!!!


Yes! Suicidal Tendencies too! icon_smile.gif
Written on: 30.03.2012 11:51
Tundra
Posts: 77
They seem likely. I hope RF will book the both of them.
Written on: 30.03.2012 19:19
Kong Gulerod
Posts: 462
Tundra wrote:

They seem likely. I hope RF will book the both of them.


I love The Mars Volta - But they plyed Roskilde prette recently. I don't think they are that likely.
Written on: 02.04.2012 16:57
Ktadie
Posts: 30
Kong Gulerod wrote:

Tundra wrote:

They seem likely. I hope RF will book the both of them.


I love The Mars Volta - But they plyed Roskilde prette recently. I don't think they are that likely.


2009 was ages ago!
Bring them this year and you'll see me dancing on stage!


Edit:

Just posted on TMV site:

The Mars Volta are performing in Europe in Summer 2012:
June 22 | Scheessel, Germany | Hurricane Festival | Get tickets now
June 23 | Neuhausen, Germany | Southside Festival | Get tickets now
June 24 | Cologne, Germany | E-Werk | Tickets on sale April 5th
June 27 | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Paradiso | Tickets on sale April 7th
Stay tuned for more tour dates.

I think they'll most likely be joining us icon_wink.gif
But I wonder which stage? Arena again?

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 02.04.2012 at 17:30.]
Written on: 10.04.2012 19:56
Esben
Posts: 1
Oh dear god, YES! Give us The Mars Volta!
Saw them in 2009, and i say: Screw the critics - they were awesome!
Written on: 12.04.2012 17:30
Danni
Posts: 296
Would love to see those guys again!
Written on: 13.04.2012 10:01
armed_panda
Posts: 13
at the drive in pleassse! they play benicassim and fuji rock festival in july, how bout ROSKILDE!
Written on: 13.04.2012 11:27
Classic rock dude!
Posts: 2488
At the Drive-In should be a given! And if Mars Volta could join the party as well, more the merrier. Yes, thank you
Written on: 19.04.2012 05:34
aaron phillpot
Posts: 3
Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

At the Drive-In should be a given! And if Mars Volta could join the party as well, more the merrier. Yes, thank you


more the merrier? its half the same band! both would be awesome, but unlikely

give us At The Drive In
Written on: 19.04.2012 08:53
Smetkladd
Posts: 21
I'd prefer The Mars Volta over At The Drive-In any day of the week, unlikely that they both appear but I hope for Mars Volta.
Written on: 19.04.2012 09:09
Classic rock dude!
Posts: 2488
aaron phillpot wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

At the Drive-In should be a given! And if Mars Volta could join the party as well, more the merrier. Yes, thank you


more the merrier? its half the same band! both would be awesome, but unlikely

give us At The Drive In


I know everything about both bands- but thanks for the effort icon_wink.gif

My point was that if one came, then there aren't many band members missing to get the other
Written on: 23.04.2012 06:35
Ktadie
Posts: 30
How the hell did they not book TMV?

Written on: 23.04.2012 14:09
I Like Turtles
Posts: 757
Ktadie wrote:

How the hell did they not book TMV?



You do know that Roskilde aren't done booking bands right?
Written on: 25.04.2012 12:02
Ktadie
Posts: 30
I Like Turtles wrote:

Ktadie wrote:

How the hell did they not book TMV?



You do know that Roskilde aren't done booking bands right?


I am fully aware of that, Turtles.
Hence I haven't sold my ticket yet, and hence my
hopes are still up.

I would just have expected them to be on the poster if they were
to be booked by Roskilde. Hopefully I am wrong!
Written on: 25.04.2012 14:23
Aleg-One
Posts: 1743
Ktadie wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

Ktadie wrote:

How the hell did they not book TMV?



You do know that Roskilde aren't done booking bands right?


I am fully aware of that, Turtles.
Hence I haven't sold my ticket yet, and hence my
hopes are still up.

I would just have expected them to be on the poster if they were
to be booked by Roskilde. Hopefully I am wrong!


So TMV will decide on whether or not you will have 8 days of good times?
Written on: 25.04.2012 14:31
Classic rock dude!
Posts: 2488
Aleg-One wrote:

Ktadie wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

Ktadie wrote:

How the hell did they not book TMV?



You do know that Roskilde aren't done booking bands right?


I am fully aware of that, Turtles.
Hence I haven't sold my ticket yet, and hence my
hopes are still up.

I would just have expected them to be on the poster if they were
to be booked by Roskilde. Hopefully I am wrong!


So TMV will decide on whether or not you will have 8 days of good times?


It's the famous drop that can make the glass pour over.

Or the famous knife's edge

or I am just rambling icon_wink.gif
Written on: 25.04.2012 15:24
Aleg-One
Posts: 1743
Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Aleg-One wrote:

Ktadie wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

Ktadie wrote:

How the hell did they not book TMV?



You do know that Roskilde aren't done booking bands right?


I am fully aware of that, Turtles.
Hence I haven't sold my ticket yet, and hence my
hopes are still up.

I would just have expected them to be on the poster if they were
to be booked by Roskilde. Hopefully I am wrong!


So TMV will decide on whether or not you will have 8 days of good times?


It's the famous drop that can make the glass pour over.

Or the famous knife's edge

or I am just rambling icon_wink.gif


I just don't get the "Get that band, or I wont come" threat.. To me the bands only determine on how quickly I buy the ticket icon_smile.gif I eventually come no matter what.

But not all are that eager, I guess.
Written on: 25.04.2012 15:30
Classic rock dude!
Posts: 2488
Aleg-One wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Aleg-One wrote:

Ktadie wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

Ktadie wrote:

How the hell did they not book TMV?



You do know that Roskilde aren't done booking bands right?


I am fully aware of that, Turtles.
Hence I haven't sold my ticket yet, and hence my
hopes are still up.

I would just have expected them to be on the poster if they were
to be booked by Roskilde. Hopefully I am wrong!


So TMV will decide on whether or not you will have 8 days of good times?


It's the famous drop that can make the glass pour over.

Or the famous knife's edge

or I am just rambling icon_wink.gif


I just don't get the "Get that band, or I wont come" threat.. To me the bands only determine on how quickly I buy the ticket icon_smile.gif I eventually come no matter what.

But not all are that eager, I guess.


I see what you mean and agree.

I can also see it from their point of view though.
Written on: 26.04.2012 07:47
Ktadie
Posts: 30
Aleg-One wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Aleg-One wrote:

Ktadie wrote:

I Like Turtles wrote:

Ktadie wrote:

How the hell did they not book TMV?



You do know that Roskilde aren't done booking bands right?


I am fully aware of that, Turtles.
Hence I haven't sold my ticket yet, and hence my
hopes are still up.

I would just have expected them to be on the poster if they were
to be booked by Roskilde. Hopefully I am wrong!


So TMV will decide on whether or not you will have 8 days of good times?


It's the famous drop that can make the glass pour over.

Or the famous knife's edge

or I am just rambling icon_wink.gif


I just don't get the "Get that band, or I wont come" threat.. To me the bands only determine on how quickly I buy the ticket icon_smile.gif I eventually come no matter what.

But not all are that eager, I guess.


True - however, if I know one of my top bands will be playing at other European festivals, such as Openair in Poland - where a ticket costs less than Roskilde, then I might as well go there and have a great time plus enjoy the company of my favorite band?
Written on: 12.05.2012 23:43
Mads Vindfeld Andersen
Posts: 24
Please don't book them. Can't afford throwing my cloth away (again).
Written on: 08.06.2012 17:05
Karsten Laj
Posts: 99
Please say they're among the last six names!
Written on: 25.06.2012 21:07
Karl Otto Metsämäki
Posts: 7
unfortuanetly it seems like we're going to have to see them some other time... maybe at next years Roskilde? *wink, wink* icon_wink.gif
Written on: 12.07.2012 20:50
Cam
Posts: 2
Karl Otto Metsämäki wrote:

Just saw that The Mars Volta will play at Ruisrock festival in Finland 8th july. Roskilde, book them! We need The Mars volta!

I DO agree!!
icon_eek.gif


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...