Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

The remaining acts....


Author Message
Written on: 20.04.2014 15:21
Aleg-One
Posts: 1748
HATLEMØKK wrote:

The Black Keys are touring festivals in europe this summer and Coldplay are playing i London 1st of july. Hopefully they will join the program


This is your idea of being reasonable?

The Black Keys only have thursday off and that day is filled up on Orange Stage with the opener, Rolling Stones and Outkast.

Other than that, Roskilde have stated that it is 100% sure that there are no more headliners left to be announced.

And do the lineup NEED a Coldplay? Isn't that part of the audience satisfied with Arctic Monkeys and/or Damon Albarn?
Written on: 22.04.2014 17:08
Coldblooded
Posts: 1228
The Bronx and Truckfighters are two big wishes from me. They both play Sonisphere Sunday the 6th of July, and they'd both reinforce the harder end of the rock programme markedly.
Written on: 22.04.2014 17:19
Ralaks
Posts: 2
Would love to see Biffy Clyro at Roskilde, would be a perfect spot for Friday (They're booked elsewhere Thursday and Saturday).

DAD would be cool with their 30 year anniversary tour too, would be fitting to play a show at Roskilde I think. Been 9 years since their last gig there.

In a whole different genre I was quite suprised to see Lorde not being booked, yet?
Written on: 23.04.2014 10:28
MelleQ
Posts: 9
D.A.D. would be great If they came this year.
Written on: 23.04.2014 12:33
Rickard Svenningsson
Posts: 5
Here´s to the best band in all the world, British Sea Power! Can´t believe they haven´t been booked yet. New amazing album out last year and they are supposed to be something special live. Come on please! Love
Written on: 24.04.2014 13:50
Mr. Monster
Posts: 944
MelleQ wrote:

D.A.D. would be great If they came this year.


Unfortunately they won't icon_cry.gif http://gaffa.dk/artikel/82722

Written on: 28.04.2014 09:03
Lars Thønnings
Posts: 4
I think we still need a few danish acts. It seems to me that we need a great singalong act. Last year Marie Key did great at Arena. Mø will probably do the same, but not until sunday.

Who made who to open orange thursday. Just seen them play Posten in Odense - excelent as always and a new great album out.

Kellermensch to sharpen the rather loose metal profile this year. A real Roskilde band. New album is close by.

And a danish hiphop name...



[This article was edited 1 times, at last 28.04.2014 at 09:04.]
Written on: 28.04.2014 19:42
Rock`N`Roll Dude...
Posts: 425
For me, it's one of the worst lineup ever.
I only have 2 must see, and that is simply not enough to buy a ticket this year.
It's
Rolling Stones and Rob Zombie

Some might see are:
Bombus
Psyched Up Janis
Phil Anselmo(Even though i'm a huge Pantera fan, think Phil can do way better than this band)

Give me 2 of these, and i will go.

Killer Be Killed
Monster Truck
Havok
Old Firm Casuals
Steel Panther
Tracer
Free Fall
4 Arm

Would have written Rival Sons...
How the hell did they end up in Skanderborg???
I say WTFicon_eek.gifbanghead.gif

Well that's just my opinion....


[This article was edited 2 times, at last 28.04.2014 at 19:45.]
Written on: 28.04.2014 21:16
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1265
Rock`N`Roll Dude... wrote:

For me, it's one of the worst lineup ever.
I only have 2 must see, and that is simply not enough to buy a ticket this year.
It's
Rolling Stones and Rob Zombie

Some might see are:
Bombus
Psyched Up Janis
Phil Anselmo(Even though i'm a huge Pantera fan, think Phil can do way better than this band)

Give me 2 of these, and i will go.

Killer Be Killed
Monster Truck
Havok
Old Firm Casuals
Steel Panther
Tracer
Free Fall
4 Arm

Would have written Rival Sons...
How the hell did they end up in Skanderborg???
I say WTFicon_eek.gifbanghead.gif

Well that's just my opinion....



How can

Electric Wizard
Deftones
Skambankt

Not be on your list?
Written on: 28.04.2014 21:53
Rock`N`Roll Dude...
Posts: 425
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Rock`N`Roll Dude... wrote:

For me, it's one of the worst lineup ever.
I only have 2 must see, and that is simply not enough to buy a ticket this year.
It's
Rolling Stones and Rob Zombie

Some might see are:
Bombus
Psyched Up Janis
Phil Anselmo(Even though i'm a huge Pantera fan, think Phil can do way better than this band)

Give me 2 of these, and i will go.

Killer Be Killed
Monster Truck
Havok
Old Firm Casuals
Steel Panther
Tracer
Free Fall
4 Arm

Would have written Rival Sons...
How the hell did they end up in Skanderborg???
I say WTFicon_eek.gifbanghead.gif

Well that's just my opinion....



How can

Electric Wizard
Deftones
Skambankt

Not be on your list?


I just don't think they are very good bands.

My heart beats for rock and metal, but i don't applause just because it's a rock/metal band.
You know, like what you think is quality music.

I think there's a lot of good singers in bands out there, but their guitarist sucks, or their songwriting is very poor.
Or bands with great musicians with a shitty singer.

I depends how you look at it.

Not saying my taste in music is better...
Written on: 29.04.2014 10:18
el swaggo
Posts: 8
So when does the remaining acts usually release? Are they released all together or one each day for a week? How has it been previous years?
Written on: 29.04.2014 13:16
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Rock`N`Roll Dude... wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Rock`N`Roll Dude... wrote:

For me, it's one of the worst lineup ever.
I only have 2 must see, and that is simply not enough to buy a ticket this year.
It's
Rolling Stones and Rob Zombie

Some might see are:
Bombus
Psyched Up Janis
Phil Anselmo(Even though i'm a huge Pantera fan, think Phil can do way better than this band)

Give me 2 of these, and i will go.

Killer Be Killed
Monster Truck
Havok
Old Firm Casuals
Steel Panther
Tracer
Free Fall
4 Arm

Would have written Rival Sons...
How the hell did they end up in Skanderborg???
I say WTFicon_eek.gifbanghead.gif

Well that's just my opinion....



How can

Electric Wizard
Deftones
Skambankt

Not be on your list?


I just don't think they are very good bands.

My heart beats for rock and metal, but i don't applause just because it's a rock/metal band.
You know, like what you think is quality music.

I think there's a lot of good singers in bands out there, but their guitarist sucks, or their songwriting is very poor.
Or bands with great musicians with a shitty singer.

I depends how you look at it.

Not saying my taste in music is better...



Having all your posts in mind from the past years and I think I have a decent idea on what you like. On that assumption it surprises me that you don't like said bands. Maybe give them another try?

I don't really think any of those bands have any weaknesses and certainly not Deftones. But as you said, it is about personal preferences icon_smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVgtjM7h9is

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 29.04.2014 at 13:21.]
Written on: 29.04.2014 21:10
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1153
el swaggo wrote:

So when does the remaining acts usually release? Are they released all together or one each day for a week? How has it been previous years?



3 or 4 Wednesdays here in May with a few names on each day.
Written on: 30.04.2014 18:19
midr
Posts: 14
Neurosis ?

playing 02.07. in Berlin, 03.07. in Greece...
Written on: 01.05.2014 10:22
Aleg-One
Posts: 1748
midr wrote:

Neurosis ?

playing 02.07. in Berlin, 03.07. in Greece...


tbh I think we're all set in the doom-department icon_smile.gif (Electric Wizard, Mournful Congregation, Dark Buddha Rising, Drug Honkey and partly Corrections House)
Written on: 03.05.2014 21:44
Rock`N`Roll Dude...
Posts: 425
Classic rock dude! wrote:

Rock`N`Roll Dude... wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Rock`N`Roll Dude... wrote:

For me, it's one of the worst lineup ever.
I only have 2 must see, and that is simply not enough to buy a ticket this year.
It's
Rolling Stones and Rob Zombie

Some might see are:
Bombus
Psyched Up Janis
Phil Anselmo(Even though i'm a huge Pantera fan, think Phil can do way better than this band)

Give me 2 of these, and i will go.

Killer Be Killed
Monster Truck
Havok
Old Firm Casuals
Steel Panther
Tracer
Free Fall
4 Arm

Would have written Rival Sons...
How the hell did they end up in Skanderborg???
I say WTFicon_eek.gifbanghead.gif

Well that's just my opinion....



How can

Electric Wizard
Deftones
Skambankt

Not be on your list?


I just don't think they are very good bands.

My heart beats for rock and metal, but i don't applause just because it's a rock/metal band.
You know, like what you think is quality music.

I think there's a lot of good singers in bands out there, but their guitarist sucks, or their songwriting is very poor.
Or bands with great musicians with a shitty singer.

I depends how you look at it.

Not saying my taste in music is better...



Having all your posts in mind from the past years and I think I have a decent idea on what you like. On that assumption it surprises me that you don't like said bands. Maybe give them another try?

I don't really think any of those bands have any weaknesses and certainly not Deftones. But as you said, it is about personal preferences icon_smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVgtjM7h9is


I do like to discover new/old music. I often search the net trying to find something unique.
But my personal opinion over these 3 bands is:

All bands have skilled musicians.
But...
Deftones: Can't have the way he sings. Just don't like his style.
Skambankt: A turnoff that they sing in norwegian
Electric Wizard: Get's too boring, and way too long tracks.

And why already book these bands again(exept Deftones), when there are so many other rock and metal bands, who haven't played Roskilde ever, or many years ago. Just dont get it. Think it has to be with some personal taste from the rock/metal booker.

Again, this is just my opinion.
Written on: 04.05.2014 10:59
ingalill
Posts: 50
WOVENHAND are touring and have just released a brilliant new record.Playing malmö and vega mid june but who cares? Bring em to roskilde and make my summer!
Written on: 04.05.2014 15:20
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Rock`N`Roll Dude... wrote:

Classic rock dude! wrote:

Rock`N`Roll Dude... wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Rock`N`Roll Dude... wrote:

For me, it's one of the worst lineup ever.
I only have 2 must see, and that is simply not enough to buy a ticket this year.
It's
Rolling Stones and Rob Zombie

Some might see are:
Bombus
Psyched Up Janis
Phil Anselmo(Even though i'm a huge Pantera fan, think Phil can do way better than this band)

Give me 2 of these, and i will go.

Killer Be Killed
Monster Truck
Havok
Old Firm Casuals
Steel Panther
Tracer
Free Fall
4 Arm

Would have written Rival Sons...
How the hell did they end up in Skanderborg???
I say WTFicon_eek.gifbanghead.gif

Well that's just my opinion....



How can

Electric Wizard
Deftones
Skambankt

Not be on your list?


I just don't think they are very good bands.

My heart beats for rock and metal, but i don't applause just because it's a rock/metal band.
You know, like what you think is quality music.

I think there's a lot of good singers in bands out there, but their guitarist sucks, or their songwriting is very poor.
Or bands with great musicians with a shitty singer.

I depends how you look at it.

Not saying my taste in music is better...



Having all your posts in mind from the past years and I think I have a decent idea on what you like. On that assumption it surprises me that you don't like said bands. Maybe give them another try?

I don't really think any of those bands have any weaknesses and certainly not Deftones. But as you said, it is about personal preferences icon_smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVgtjM7h9is


I do like to discover new/old music. I often search the net trying to find something unique.
But my personal opinion over these 3 bands is:

All bands have skilled musicians.
But...
Deftones: Can't have the way he sings. Just don't like his style.
Skambankt: A turnoff that they sing in norwegian
Electric Wizard: Get's too boring, and way too long tracks.

And why already book these bands again(exept Deftones), when there are so many other rock and metal bands, who haven't played Roskilde ever, or many years ago. Just dont get it. Think it has to be with some personal taste from the rock/metal booker.

Again, this is just my opinion.


Fair enough mate. Deftones is in my top 10 bands, so I am well pleased he he. icon_wink.gif
Written on: 04.05.2014 17:50
Rock`N`Roll Dude...
Posts: 425
Danseband dude! wrote:

Rock`N`Roll Dude... wrote:

Classic rock dude! wrote:

Rock`N`Roll Dude... wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Rock`N`Roll Dude... wrote:

For me, it's one of the worst lineup ever.
I only have 2 must see, and that is simply not enough to buy a ticket this year.
It's
Rolling Stones and Rob Zombie

Some might see are:
Bombus
Psyched Up Janis
Phil Anselmo(Even though i'm a huge Pantera fan, think Phil can do way better than this band)

Give me 2 of these, and i will go.

Killer Be Killed
Monster Truck
Havok
Old Firm Casuals
Steel Panther
Tracer
Free Fall
4 Arm

Would have written Rival Sons...
How the hell did they end up in Skanderborg???
I say WTFicon_eek.gifbanghead.gif

Well that's just my opinion....



How can

Electric Wizard
Deftones
Skambankt

Not be on your list?


I just don't think they are very good bands.

My heart beats for rock and metal, but i don't applause just because it's a rock/metal band.
You know, like what you think is quality music.

I think there's a lot of good singers in bands out there, but their guitarist sucks, or their songwriting is very poor.
Or bands with great musicians with a shitty singer.

I depends how you look at it.

Not saying my taste in music is better...



Having all your posts in mind from the past years and I think I have a decent idea on what you like. On that assumption it surprises me that you don't like said bands. Maybe give them another try?

I don't really think any of those bands have any weaknesses and certainly not Deftones. But as you said, it is about personal preferences icon_smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVgtjM7h9is


I do like to discover new/old music. I often search the net trying to find something unique.
But my personal opinion over these 3 bands is:

All bands have skilled musicians.
But...
Deftones: Can't have the way he sings. Just don't like his style.
Skambankt: A turnoff that they sing in norwegian
Electric Wizard: Get's too boring, and way too long tracks.

And why already book these bands again(exept Deftones), when there are so many other rock and metal bands, who haven't played Roskilde ever, or many years ago. Just dont get it. Think it has to be with some personal taste from the rock/metal booker.

Again, this is just my opinion.


Fair enough mate. Deftones is in my top 10 bands, so I am well pleased he he. icon_wink.gif


I'm glad for you, and all the others, who had Deftones on their top 10 list.
Cheers mateicon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 06.05.2014 12:35
steean
Posts: 1
Marky Ramone is touring Europe with Andrew WK around that time. They're free Friday and Sunday: http://andrewwk.com/news/andrew-wk-and-marky-ramone-return-to-europe-with-new-tour-dates
Written on: 07.05.2014 12:54
Themster
Posts: 16
I'm not at all happy with this years line-up so far. So here's a couple of names, that would make me a little happier:

Vampire Weekend
Cvrhches
Bombay Bicycle Club
Gogol Bordello
White Lies
Hot Chip

[This article was edited 3 times, at last 07.05.2014 at 12:56.]
Written on: 08.05.2014 17:01
Coldblooded
Posts: 1228
Themster wrote:

I'm not at all happy with this years line-up so far. So here's a couple of names, that would make me a little happier:

Vampire Weekend
Cvrhches
Bombay Bicycle Club
Gogol Bordello
White Lies
Hot Chip

White Lies are at Northside Festival instead of Roskilde. There are members of Hot Chip involved in the William Onyeabor tribute band.
Written on: 09.05.2014 20:44
Rock`N`Roll Dude...
Posts: 425
Just streamed Killer Be Killed debutalbum.
This could be the metalalbum of the year!
Killer songs. Brutal, melodic and the perfect mix of singers of Max, Greg and Troy.
I can't get my hands down...
So check it out, if you're into this kind of metal.
And book them please Roskilde....icon_wink.gif

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eJE_V3QACRk

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-qHp05a7lpA

And just wait for the rest of the album!
Written on: 12.05.2014 15:08
Themster
Posts: 16
Coldblooded wrote:

Themster wrote:

I'm not at all happy with this years line-up so far. So here's a couple of names, that would make me a little happier:

Vampire Weekend
Cvrhches
Bombay Bicycle Club
Gogol Bordello
White Lies
Hot Chip

White Lies are at Northside Festival instead of Roskilde. There are members of Hot Chip involved in the William Onyeabor tribute band.


Yearh, I know. White Lies isn't thar realistic. That was why I thought of Hot Chip.
Written on: 26.05.2014 13:04
Mikel
Posts: 1
The Danish Rap artist Per Vers has just released his new album, DNA, and the guy is free at the time of the festival! And has quit a track-record on Roskilde.

And now you say there is room for a couple of more acts on Avalon...

So hurry up and call the guy!


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...