Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

The Teaser-thread

Written on: 11.12.2009 20:57
Stand up for rock n' roll!
would love it if you are right!
Written on: 11.12.2009 22:55
Kasper Holm
I really hope you're not right...
Written on: 12.12.2009 00:51
emil
Kasper Holm skrev:

I really hope you're not right...

Doesnt D-A-D count as metal? icon_razz.gif
Written on: 12.12.2009 01:25
Sölvi Þór
Well, it could still be Jónsi because I was talking about his solo act, not Sigur Rós, but it's kinda far taken saying that it's a band called Jónsi although he will be supported by a band.

My bet is now on Alphabeat, just released an single and an album called The Spell and of course their bandname.

Well they're okay icon_smile.gif

Although, I think it's highly likely that Jónsi will play at Roskilde next year !
They always talk so nicely about Roskilde in interveiws and common, they wrote a song about the experience being there after playing there !

The song is called ,,Með suð í eyrum'' which means ,,With a buzz in our ears'', in an interveiw (in icelandic) they explained the meaning of the lyrics: the name of the song is a reference to the buzz in their ears after playing, the lyrics also say ,,with soot in our eyes'' which references the soot from the burning tents''

Jónsi is also just such a typical Roskilde act in my opinion icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 12.12.2009 01:36
Deleted user Epiphany: B*Witched (my only other guess would be Electric Wizard)

He can't spell the band name. What a sick joke to play on us.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 12.12.2009 at 01:37.]
Written on: 12.12.2009 01:57
Aleg-One
D-A-D seems plausible too icon_smile.gif But it acutally makes most sence with Alphabeat - just hope its not true.. And they played last year icon_smile.gif
Written on: 12.12.2009 02:01
Deleted user Even though he knows the Alphabeat, he can't spell the bandnames.

...It is Alphabeat isn't it? What a letdown.
Written on: 12.12.2009 02:03
Aleg-One
it could also be something japanese or african or something..
Written on: 12.12.2009 03:30
skallgrimsson
Aleg-One skrev:

it could also be something japanese or african or something..

Like Moi Dix Moi, Girugamesh, Hanatarash, Pizzicato Five? All bands from Japan with difficult namnes I'd like to see.

Then there's the recordbreaker in my book from Japan that has the name:

GEROGERIGEGEGE

Which means to have dihorrea and vomit at the same time. Japansese is a fantastic language. Now I have a term for what happens when I get glutenpoisoned - I've got the gerogerigegege, I can't come!

"Name
The name of the group combines the Japanese words for "vomit" (ゲロ, gero) and "diarrhea" (ゲリ, geri) with what is supposedly the sound of these actions occurring simultaneously (ゲゲゲ, gegege). It has also been transliterated to mean "barf, diarrhea, ha ha ha," although "gegege" is possibly a humorous reference to GeGeGe no Kitaro, or an onomatopoeic word of disgust or exasperation, making the name open to several differing interpretations. To (very) loosely translate the name, Yamanouchi has also used the term "Japanese Ultra Shit Band"." // http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gerogerigegege

THAT'S ENOUGH CULTURE FOR TONIGHT BOYS AND GIRLS icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 12.12.2009 10:29
Kasper Holm
Hahaha that is effing awesome : D
Written on: 12.12.2009 11:06
JockeyFullOfBourbon
Emilius skrev:

Epiphany: B*Witched (my only other guess would be Electric Wizard)

He can't spell the band name. What a sick joke to play on us.

Electric Wizard would be freakin´ awesome! .. but that´s metal...
Written on: 12.12.2009 14:03
Simon
DUDES! I GOT IT! I think... it could be Prince, couldn't it? He goes by that symbol, and you LITERALLY can't spell that, 'cause it's not made up of letters...
Written on: 12.12.2009 15:40
skallgrimsson
Simon skrev:

DUDES! I GOT IT! I think... it could be Prince, couldn't it? He goes by that symbol, and you LITERALLY can't spell that, 'cause it's not made up of letters...

MUSE, PAVEMENT AND PRINCE/O(+> IS ENOUGH FOR ME TO BUY A TICKET NOW!

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 12.12.2009 at 15:41.]
Written on: 12.12.2009 16:31
elGrand
Prince would be mindblowing, and a very surprising booking for Roskilde. Does he even do festivals?
Written on: 12.12.2009 17:00
skallgrimsson
elGrand skrev:

Prince would be mindblowing, and a very surprising booking for Roskilde. Does he even do festivals?

Prince doesn't (normally) do festivals, but if he did they would be the best in the world.

He played at Coachella. That I know.

Also it's so many genres: funk, hard rock, pop, soul, electronica, 70s, 80s, 90,s 00s.

Make Orange Stage turn into purple för 2 hours!

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 12.12.2009 at 17:03.]
Written on: 12.12.2009 17:11
MasterMaster
Mads Mikkelsen, would you mind telling us when we will get an answer to this riddle? icon_smile.gif
Written on: 13.12.2009 06:43
Sölvi Þór
oh another guess is the icelandic composer Ólafur Arnalds, he's a typical Roskilde act and he's going on a world tour next year icon_smile.gif
Written on: 13.12.2009 11:29
Star Wars Camp
"Roskilde Festival:

A countdown might give you another clue to a part of next week's music release."
Written on: 13.12.2009 11:41
skallgrimsson
"Roskilde Festival:

A countdown might give you another clue to a part of next week's music release."

HOLY SHIT!!!! (maybe icon_razz.gif)

http://countdowntomillions.com/tag/daft-punk/

DAFT PUNK!

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 13.12.2009 at 11:44.]
Written on: 13.12.2009 11:47
Fredde
In the x-mas calendar on how many volunteers work every year there was a comment that no one in Denmark is called "Erik Tioner"
Tio ner = ten down.
There is apparently a band called just that, and one of the members is named Erick.
A bit unknown to play the festival I guess, but hey..a clue is a clue.
And it also has a connection to the "countdown" clue posted just a while ago on Facebook.

http://www.jameswills.unsigned.com/tendown
http://www.myspace.com/10down
Written on: 13.12.2009 11:49
Martin Christensen
Countdown to Extinctions - Megadeth ( YES )....

30 seconds to Mars - another possible act with new album out.

Written on: 13.12.2009 11:50
skallgrimsson
Dossena skrev:

Countdown to Extinctions - Megadeth ( YES )....

30 seconds to Mars - another possible act with new album out.

Didn't he say it was not metal?
Written on: 13.12.2009 11:53
Martin Christensen
Sorry You're right banghead.gif
Written on: 13.12.2009 12:19
R T
Fredde skrev:

In the x-mas calendar on how many volunteers work every year there was a comment that no one in Denmark is called "Erik Tioner"
Tio ner = ten down.
There is apparently a band called just that, and one of the members is named Erick.
A bit unknown to play the festival I guess, but hey..a clue is a clue.
And it also has a connection to the "countdown" clue posted just a while ago on Facebook.

http://www.jameswills.unsigned.com/tendown
http://www.myspace.com/10down

I assumed the Erik Tioner part was just some sort of half-assed joke, referring to how Erik Tioner is phonetically very similar to erektioner, or erections. icon_confused.gif
Written on: 13.12.2009 12:22
Dave The Babe
no what they mean about the Countdown is that it says in the countdown " 2. Days....to a PSychedelic release in the Christmas Calendar" ?icon_smile.gif

YEASAYER(or i hope so)
icon_smile.gif

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...