D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29. juni til 6. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

The Teaser-thread

Written on: 15.01.2013 20:09
TMaagaard
News from the admin on Facebook.

Roskilde Festival@Facebook wrote:
Think smaller, guys.

Roskilde Festival@Facebook wrote:
Jamie is on to something

Jamie wrote:

Jamie@Facebook wrote:
noget der ikke er gammelt, 3 acts, tilsammen 71 år, en fra LA, en fra Springfield(en af dem der ikke er fiktive, og en fra London
det vil være min tolkning

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 15.01.2013 at 20:10.]
Written on: 15.01.2013 20:11
Lord Beef Jerky
Bongo Anders wrote:

Also the highest number of likes is around 27,000 so its no way near 50,000

Oh yeah! The one I saw was with Young as well and had 255k or something. Well, my guess is Crosby, Stills and Nash then. It fits their touring plan as well to play Roskilde. Never really gave them a proper listen, but after visiting their homepage, it seems like a big mistake from my side.
Written on: 15.01.2013 20:15
Lord Beef Jerky
In that case it's close to impossible to guess. You can't guess one without having to guess the other two acts if you have to use the timeline of 71 years old as a hint, and the other hints are pretty vague. I give up.
Written on: 15.01.2013 20:19
TMaagaard
At the moment I'm making a spreadsheet of bands and their age from those cities icon_razz.gif
Written on: 15.01.2013 20:20
Bongo Anders
I was looking at them individually (spelling)
Written on: 15.01.2013 20:35
TMaagaard
Haim (Los Angeles, 7 years), Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin (Springfield, MO, 14 years) and Femi Kuti (London, 50 years). That's one fit.
Written on: 15.01.2013 20:47
Bongo Anders
Got guesses, Haim sounds really okay.
Written on: 15.01.2013 20:53
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Femi Kuti again? He was there in 2011.. sound very soon to have him back?
Written on: 15.01.2013 20:58
TMaagaard
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

He's the one sticking out for me as well, which is why I'm trying to find more combinations.
Written on: 15.01.2013 21:01
Coldblooded
TMaagaard wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

He's the one sticking out for me as well, which is why I'm trying to find more combinations.

He's probably also too old.
Written on: 15.01.2013 21:07
TMaagaard
Coldblooded wrote:

He's probably also too old.

He did fit in with the others I mentioned.
Looking at it again Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin aren't very relevant so I doubt they are announced. (Unless they are releasing something new).

Ariel Pink is 34 years old, relevant, but impossible to fit in with the other bands I have in my spreadsheet so far.

EDIT: Now I get what you mean. Yes, he's probably too old to fit in with the first clue.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 15.01.2013 at 21:21.]
Written on: 25.01.2013 15:59
Coldblooded
Let's get this fucker rolling again, shall we?
https://soundcloud.com/roskilde-festival/band-teaser

What or who could this be? The FB admin has already ruled out Black Sabbath. I'm thinking along the lines of Ghost or Graveyard maybe?
Written on: 25.01.2013 23:52
Rock`N`Roll Dude...
Coldblooded wrote:

What or who could this be? The FB admin has already ruled out Black Sabbath. I'm thinking along the lines of Ghost or Graveyard maybe?

Good thinking, Ghost it is...icon_wink.gif
Written on: 26.01.2013 10:16
Mr. Monster
Rock`N`Roll Dude... wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

How do you connect Ghost to the latin (or whatever it was) spoken in the clip?
Written on: 26.01.2013 10:46
Coldblooded
Mr. Monster wrote:

Rock`N`Roll Dude... wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

How do you connect Ghost to the latin (or whatever it was) spoken in the clip?

I don't – I was merely pondering about the mood in the soundclip. I hope someone else could elaborate or shoot me down.
Written on: 28.01.2013 01:09
I Like Turtles
sounds a little like "Rammlied" from Rammstein.
Written on: 28.01.2013 11:46
Bongo Anders
I also got a Rammstein vibe, but i don´t dare getting my hopes up.
Written on: 28.01.2013 11:58
Bongo Anders
Well Rammstein has 6,5 million likes but its max 250.000 likes according to the teaser.
Written on: 28.01.2013 12:19
Bongo Anders
someone on facebook nailed the 3rd one.

......is probably The Dillinger Escape Plan, since John Dillinger was imprisoned from 1924 to 1933.
Written on: 28.01.2013 12:40
Aleg-One
Well, Ghost have just been announced for a solo show in copenhagen in march, so it's probably not them :/
Written on: 28.01.2013 12:50
Deskeff
Bongo Anders wrote:

someone on facebook nailed the 3rd one.

......is probably The Dillinger Escape Plan, since John Dillinger was imprisoned from 1924 to 1933.

Dillinger will also play Metaltown so it's definately them...icon_biggrin.gif totally awesome to see them again. Looking forward to seeing how they'll cope with Roskilde's strict no stagediving or we cut the power rule, like they did with OFWGKTA. and last year Trash Talk said they wanted to stagedive but was told that Roskilde would end the concert if they did.
I remember Greg Puciato from Dillinger diving knees first into the crowdicon_eek.gif, last time they played Roskilde... Insane icon_smile.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 28.01.2013 at 12:51.]
Written on: 28.01.2013 12:50
Wallu
Is there some sort of a meaning to that there are dotted lines and solid lines there. I´m just wondering, how many bands will we get...
Written on: 28.01.2013 12:54
Deskeff
getting my hopes up for Dillinger Escape Plan with this epic clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-lxwlgyhhA icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Written on: 28.01.2013 13:23
Christian Forslund
Wallu wrote:

Is there some sort of a meaning to that there are dotted lines and solid lines there. I´m just wondering, how many bands will we get...

A good suugestion on Faceboook was that the first picture implies three heavy bands and the dotted lines separate the three bands. His suggestion was Pelican John Dillinger and Anaal Nathrakh (appearently the sample is playing Anaal Nathrakh... who had confirmed them selves for Copenhell?)
Written on: 28.01.2013 13:30
Aleg-One
Bird -> Lure... B... Lur... Blur!... but too many likes icon_smile.gif

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...