Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

The Teaser-thread


Author Message
Written on: 28.01.2013 13:30
Wallu
Posts: 705
Christian Forslund wrote:

Wallu wrote:

Is there some sort of a meaning to that there are dotted lines and solid lines there. I´m just wondering, how many bands will we get...

A good suugestion on Faceboook was that the first picture implies three heavy bands and the dotted lines separate the three bands. His suggestion was Pelican John Dillinger and Anaal Nathrakh (appearently the sample is playing Anaal Nathrakh... who had confirmed them selves for Copenhell?)


Yeah, I read that too a bit late myself. So looking for one more with 400k likes, right? Sounds like Bird-bait-Blur?? icon_wink.gif Nah, I know, over 400k likes, and wouldn´t suit the tunes not being from the light side.
Written on: 28.01.2013 13:34
Wallu
Posts: 705
Aleg-One wrote:

Bird -> Lure... B... Lur... Blur!... but too many likes icon_smile.gif


Strangely you got that one too. I can see your reasoning, still wondering what was mine.. icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 28.01.2013 14:12
Aleg-One
Posts: 1748
There's something called a "Bird Hook Knife".. Maybe there's something to it?
Written on: 28.01.2013 14:21
Lord Beef Jerky
Posts: 1506
Dillinger will always be a must-see for me. Really looking forward to their new album.
Written on: 28.01.2013 14:40
Aleg-One
Posts: 1748
I just figured it out!!

The bird is a Ground "TYRANT"
The Lure is called a "Tormentor".

Which band that has 400.000 likes have had these names??

KREATOR!
Written on: 28.01.2013 14:47
Wallu
Posts: 705
Aleg-One wrote:

I just figured it out!!

The bird is a Ground "TYRANT"
The Lure is called a "Tormentor".

Which band that has 400.000 likes have had these names??

KREATOR!


Good cracking! One of my favourite bands in the early 90´s, might go and see them after 23 years to freshen up my memories, although my heavy-metal days are long gone... Arena, maybe...?

Saw Dillinger Escape Plan a couple of yers ago, have to say that´s not my cup of tea. But from what I understand they have lots of fans so I guess that´s ok booking too.

Pretty heavy stuff so far (and rap too), maybe it would be time for some funk/soul/world music..?

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 28.01.2013 at 14:53.]
Written on: 28.01.2013 15:13
weiss
Posts: 1261
KREATOR OH MY FUCKING GOD KREATOR!!!!!!!!

Sweet SATAN - SLipknot, Volbeat, Kreator, QOTSA, Kvelertak, The Dillinger, Anaal N, Overthrow what a major heavy line up already!!


[This article was edited 1 times, at last 28.01.2013 at 15:16.]
Written on: 28.01.2013 15:32
DukeofDK
Posts: 123
Aleg-One wrote:

I just figured it out!!

The bird is a Ground "TYRANT"
The Lure is called a "Tormentor".

Which band that has 400.000 likes have had these names??

KREATOR!



This would be cool, would love to see Kreator live. Haven't heard their new album, but Phantom Antichrist (the title track) off it is sweet!
Written on: 07.02.2013 22:22
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1265
No guessing on the forum to day?

There new teaser is here
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3148995/teaser070213.jpg
Written on: 07.02.2013 22:58
Rasmus B
Posts: 2
First picture: No idea.. the S logo is http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p010q6bc/profiles/thelonglist thanks to some guy on the facebook page

Second Picture: Bad Religion, new album january 2013

Third Picture: Scrillex - Theory: The creator of the hint browsed cover pictures from scrillex.. saw mortal combat logo... as far as the orchestra and the question mark im totally lost... symphony

And I don't think it has anything to do with "dragon" since the "motal kombat logo" logo doesn't show op by searching "dragon"

Fourth picture: Pet Shop Boys - Theory: Creator of the hint googled "pets" BAM! the picture of the cat and dog shows up... Hugh Hefner... play BOY... shop?! no idea? scotland? no idea

Fifth picture: No Doubt - the creator googled "dictionary" its the first picture that shows up... dictionary = words.. zero zero = no... no words... no speak.. dont speak.. NO DOUBT! BAM! (far out I know)

Sixth picture: No clue.. besides the slightly obvious meanings of each picture...


[This article was edited 2 times, at last 07.02.2013 at 23:01.]
Written on: 07.02.2013 23:08
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1265
Your are very wrong Rasmus... all the names you are dropping have much more then 15-250k likes on facebook
Written on: 07.02.2013 23:33
Coldblooded
Posts: 1228
According to Roskilde's Twitter account, we're looking at six bands:

1: One of these: Haim, Kodaline, AlunaGeorge, CHVRCHES, Palma Violets or Peace. They are all on the BBC Sound of 2013 Longlist and fit the number of likes on Facebook. If we're looking to narrow the field even more, the latter four of them are playing at Hove Festivalen same weekend as Roskilde, so they're the most likely.

2: Three guesses, who all fit within the "likes" range:
a) My Bloody Valentine. Got a new album out which has been heralded like it was the second coming of Christ.
b) Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Same reasoning as above.
c) Otis Taylor Band. Has a song called 'Resurrection Blues'. The picture depicts the resurrection of Christ and the record is blue.

3: The obvious one: Unknown Mortal Orchestra. Can't really be anything else.

4: This one baffles me. The guy in the pic is Hugh Hefner and the flag is Scottish. Aleg-one's guess was Frightened Rabbit. Fits with the nationality and the fact that bunnies are Hugh Hefner's favourite pet. But the facebook admin has stated that we've only got one correct answer so far. And that one MUST be the guess above in no. 3.

The last two – I don't know.

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 08.02.2013 at 00:11.]
Written on: 07.02.2013 23:34
Rasmus B
Posts: 2
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Your are very wrong Rasmus... all the names you are dropping have much more then 15-250k likes on facebook


Jees... i haven't been paying attention at all.... sigh
Written on: 08.02.2013 09:33
Frederik Hansen
Posts: 3

1st Picture: kinda self explaining.. its one of the BBC longlist artist..

2nd picture: Well.. since its not bad religion, i´ll go with some kind of "revival tour" -band

3rd picture: Skrillex.. bit cryptic, and i know he has more views, but get this... the ORCHESTRAL version of skrillex´s Mortal Combat theme remix, has 18k views!! icon_biggrin.gif

4th picture: This took a lot of thought... Richard Thompson!! He´s from scotland, was married to a Playmate.. (the cat and dog is probably just cuz the dude wants to bring his pets along or something!)

5th picture: John00Fleming!! hopefully.. and what a treat for the new electronic area!!!

6th picture(s): well.. the last 2 pics definately means TIMEFLIES, another great addition for the electronic area...

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 08.02.2013 at 09:34.]
Written on: 08.02.2013 09:39
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1265
Frederik Hansen wrote:


1st Picture: kinda self explaining.. its one of the BBC longlist artist..

2nd picture: Well.. since its not bad religion, i´ll go with some kind of "revival tour" -band

3rd picture: Skrillex.. bit cryptic, and i know he has more views, but get this... the ORCHESTRAL version of skrillex´s Mortal Combat theme remix, has 18k views!! icon_biggrin.gif

4th picture: This took a lot of thought... Richard Thompson!! He´s from scotland, was married to a Playmate.. (the cat and dog is probably just cuz the dude wants to bring his pets along or something!)

5th picture: John00Fleming!! hopefully.. and what a treat for the new electronic area!!!

6th picture(s): well.. the last 2 pics definately means TIMEFLIES, another great addition for the electronic area...


You know we have gotten 2 bands Unknown Mortal Orchestra and Foxygen...
Written on: 08.02.2013 09:55
Frederik Hansen
Posts: 3
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

You know we have gotten 2 bands Unknown Mortal Orchestra and Foxygen...


Yea... Unknown Mortal Orchestra was really obvious as soon as i read it... but... how the h... do you get foxygen outta them pics? ...

Still.. Timeflies and John00Fleming would be awesome!
Written on: 08.02.2013 10:08
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1265
Frederik Hansen wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

You know we have gotten 2 bands Unknown Mortal Orchestra and Foxygen...


Yea... Unknown Mortal Orchestra was really obvious as soon as i read it... but... how the h... do you get foxygen outta them pics? ...

Still.. Timeflies and John00Fleming would be awesome!


The facebook admin said they would post what was what when done with the names... and now also Savages
Written on: 08.02.2013 10:19
Coldblooded
Posts: 1228
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Frederik Hansen wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

You know we have gotten 2 bands Unknown Mortal Orchestra and Foxygen...


Yea... Unknown Mortal Orchestra was really obvious as soon as i read it... but... how the h... do you get foxygen outta them pics? ...

Still.. Timeflies and John00Fleming would be awesome!


The facebook admin said they would post what was what when done with the names... and now also Savages


Savages was obviously the top teaser, since they're on the BBC Sounds of 2013 Longlist. Foxygen – I think it has to do with teaser no. 5. OO = 2 O's = O2 – oxygen! Don't know where the F comes into the picture.
Written on: 08.02.2013 10:26
Wallu
Posts: 705
I thought Savages would come. They just had too few likes on Facebook to fit the teaser (they only got 11k). Good booking anyway.
Written on: 10.02.2013 12:09
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1265
From facebook:
"A couple of the nominees for the Nordic Music Prize will be announced for Roskilde 2013 next week."
http://nordicmusicprize.com/

I really hope that Paa Kii is one of the bands.. best new band I hear in a long time
Written on: 10.02.2013 17:53
Coldblooded
Posts: 1228
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

From facebook:
"A couple of the nominees for the Nordic Music Prize will be announced for Roskilde 2013 next week."
http://nordicmusicprize.com/

I really hope that Paa Kii is one of the bands.. best new band I hear in a long time

Thanks for the tip about Pää Kii – they sound awesome. Would fit right into Roskilde's Scandinavian punk rock tradition:

2011: De Høje Hæle
2012: Bäddat för Trubbel
2013: Pää Kii (hopefully!!!)
Written on: 11.02.2013 02:10
Ruslabox
Posts: 168
I'm hoping for Lindström, and that he will bring along his partner-in-crime Todd Terje - the two recently announced that they'd started a more serious collaboration and that they'd be touring together this summer (i think). Would be amazing!
Written on: 11.02.2013 07:48
Saturnus
Posts: 3047
Coldblooded wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

From facebook:
"A couple of the nominees for the Nordic Music Prize will be announced for Roskilde 2013 next week."
http://nordicmusicprize.com/

I really hope that Paa Kii is one of the bands.. best new band I hear in a long time

Thanks for the tip about Pää Kii – they sound awesome. Would fit right into Roskilde's Scandinavian punk rock tradition:

2011: De Høje Hæle
2012: Bäddat för Trubbel
2013: Pää Kii (hopefully!!!)


I agree completely. Pää Kii is the only candidate truly worthy.

I very much hope Roskilde doesn't forgo the opportunity to book one of the few new bands that has got me truly excited in recent years.
Written on: 11.02.2013 17:02
elGrand
Posts: 266
Ruslabox wrote:

I'm hoping for Lindström, and that he will bring along his partner-in-crime Todd Terje - the two recently announced that they'd started a more serious collaboration and that they'd be touring together this summer (i think). Would be amazing!

That would be EPIC!
Written on: 11.02.2013 19:23
Wallu
Posts: 705
Saturnus wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

From facebook:
"A couple of the nominees for the Nordic Music Prize will be announced for Roskilde 2013 next week."
http://nordicmusicprize.com/

I really hope that Paa Kii is one of the bands.. best new band I hear in a long time

Thanks for the tip about Pää Kii – they sound awesome. Would fit right into Roskilde's Scandinavian punk rock tradition:

2011: De Høje Hæle
2012: Bäddat för Trubbel
2013: Pää Kii (hopefully!!!)


I agree completely. Pää Kii is the only candidate truly worthy.

I very much hope Roskilde doesn't forgo the opportunity to book one of the few new bands that has got me truly excited in recent years.


Kind of strange that you guys know and like Pää Kii. Strange since I always thought it was mainly the lyrics, that people like about them. But I guess catchy tunes are catchy tunes, no matter what the language. But, cool... Very good live band too.

On the others from the Nordic Music Price, also Lindström would be a nice addition.


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...