Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

U2 - 2010

Written on: 09.07.2009 18:16
Mads Vindfeld Andersen
I'm quite sure they'll be next years headliner
Written on: 09.07.2009 19:54
Polarboy
nah, that will be depeche mode and the foo fighters!
Written on: 09.07.2009 21:19
Limabeancross
I think Muse will play too
Written on: 09.07.2009 21:33
pome
i hope Dirt Nasty plays.
Written on: 09.07.2009 21:46
Så scorede Lyngby sgu!
Øxner has stated that they are definetly wishing for MIA and AC/DC.

Other obvious names: DAD and Kashmir.

Anyway, we'll probably see at least a couple of headliners who have been not that long ago too.

And they still "owe" us (me) RATM and Blur.

No doubt that Metallica, U2 and some of the aforementioned will occur as rumours too icon_razz.gif
Written on: 09.07.2009 22:36
Bille
40 year anniversary .. expect something out of the normal.
Written on: 09.07.2009 23:31
Kong Gulerod
Bille skrev:

40 year anniversary .. expect something out of the normal.

ROXETTE icon_cool.gif

They will come for sure!
Written on: 10.07.2009 00:42
Kaneda
Kong Gulerod skrev:

ROXETTE icon_cool.gif

They will come for sure!

What the hell is with this Roxette craziness lately? icon_razz.gif
Written on: 10.07.2009 01:02
Limabeancross
RATM definitely should be booked, it'll be criminal not to!
Written on: 10.07.2009 03:48
Kong Gulerod
Kaneda skrev:

Kong Gulerod skrev:

ROXETTE icon_cool.gif

They will come for sure!

What the hell is with this Roxette craziness lately? icon_razz.gif

I don't really know... Personally i suddently just miss them.

And lets face it. There has to be ONE pop-act on Orange every year - And what can possibly be better/more fun than Roxette? Well - maybe Justin T... But that ain't gonna happen!

Another pop act likely for next year is No Doubt - I read somewhere that they would start touring again...

But give me these headliners next year, and i will be happy:
- AC/DC (thursday 22.00)
- Daft Punk (saturday at 01.00 am)
- The Cure (Friday 22.00)
- DAD (Friday 01.00)
- David Bowie (Sunday 22.00)
- Roxette (Saturday 19.00)
- MUSE (Saturday 22.00)
- Random hip-hop act (Friday 19.00)

Shouldn't be too hard to get these icon_biggrin.gif And with the great finansial result on the 2009 festival there has to be pleanty of cash to blow in 2010.

Easy - maybe I should apply as next years booker!

If The Cure or Bowie should refuse to tour, I might have to settle with Rammstein replacing one of them...

I love dreaming icon_rolleyes.gif

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 10.07.2009 at 04:19.]
Written on: 10.07.2009 08:31
knut
Rammstein and/or Iron Maiden is a possibility. Both are touring and having a new album out.
Written on: 10.07.2009 13:02
pome
Daft punk will be really likely since they will be on a world tour and have a new album. So roskilde, dont fuck it up please.
Written on: 10.07.2009 21:08
Deleted user
knut skrev:

Rammstein and/or Iron Maiden is a possibility. Both are touring and having a new album out.

i think i've read somewhere on the iron maiden forum that they wont hit europe before late 2010. but when that's said, i would love to see them at orange stage. i have a bootleg of there 2003 concert at roskilde and it rocks!

other bands i would like to see next year are motörhead and megadeth.

the new megadeth album will be out in september this year and then they will tour the world in late 2009 and maybe early 2010. then they might play some european festivals next summer.

motörhead are always great and are always on the road so i don't understand why roskilde don't book them again.

last time they played roskilde was 1992 (megadeth) and 1993 (motörhead) so it's about time they play again!
Written on: 11.07.2009 19:50
Tom
I´m pretty sure that Rammstein will set fire on Orange stage in 2010 ... and it would be fucking awesome
Written on: 12.07.2009 17:32
elmo
Blur
Blink 182 (Will Play Eupean festivals in 2010)
Mordest mouse (if they tour)
Kashmir
DAD
MGMT (they are planing new cd)
Arctic Monkeys (if the festival will booke them after they were here two years in a row 06-07)
Figurines (possible new cd 2009 or 10)
AC/DC
MUSE
Iron Maiden
Moi Caprice (new cd and were not playing 09)
Daft punk
Rage against the machine
MIA
U2?
Written on: 12.07.2009 19:37
pome
elmo skrev:

Blur
Blink 182 (Will Play Eupean festivals in 2010)
Mordest mouse (if they tour)
Kashmir
DAD
MGMT (they are planing new cd)
Arctic Monkeys (if the festival will booke them after they were here two years in a row 06-07)
Figurines (possible new cd 2009 or 10)
AC/DC
MUSE
Iron Maiden
Moi Caprice (new cd and were not playing 09)
Daft punk
Rage against the machine
MIA
U2?

very good list. all that remains is a worthy hip hop headliner
Written on: 12.07.2009 20:18
Sune
pome skrev:
very good list. all that remains is a worthy hip hop headliner

There are some rumours on Eminem's forums about a 2010 tour. Would be really awesome with him at RF.

50 cent is on tour in Europe right now.
Written on: 13.07.2009 11:12
Saturnus
Lasse Porsgaard Dam skrev:

knut skrev:

i think i've read somewhere on the iron maiden forum that they wont hit europe before late 2010. but when that's said, i would love to see them at orange stage. i have a bootleg of there 2003 concert at roskilde and it rocks!

See if you can find a bootleg of the 2000 show where Bruce Dickinson climb on top of the Orange stage, and I mean on top of the ring over Orange stage while still singing and mooned the audience. THAT was an epic show!

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 13.07.2009 at 11:13.]
Written on: 13.07.2009 23:54
Camille Mateos
Give me these and I'll be happy:

The Killers
Kings of Leon
The Wombats
Pete Dohgerty
La Roux
Ladyhawke
Franz Ferdinand
Modest Mouse
Lenny Kravitz
CSS
The Strokes
James Morrisson
The Kooks
Laura Marling
The Teenagers
MGMT
Muse
Mystery jets
Razorlight
Written on: 14.07.2009 11:37
majormajormajor
new strokes album due sometime in the next year. bring it on!
Written on: 14.07.2009 15:59
evildonut
I don't see RATM playing in 2010. They haven't played any shows since 2008, and both Tom Morello and Zack de la Rocha are busy with new bands (Street Sweeper Social Club and One Day As A Lion, respectively).

I like daydreaming as much as the next guy, but I'm always amused by some of the far-out hopes and requests for bookings that people come up with. U2? When was the last time they even played a festival?
Written on: 15.07.2009 22:54
Deleted user
Saturnus skrev:

Lasse Porsgaard Dam skrev:

knut skrev:

See if you can find a bootleg of the 2000 show where Bruce Dickinson climb on top of the Orange stage, and I mean on top of the ring over Orange stage while still singing and mooned the audience. THAT was an epic show!

the only clip from maiden at roskilde '00 is a recording of brave new world (but at least it's a pro recording). at the end of the video you see bruce climbing so i think he mooned the crowd after the song.

you can see the video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce1Qkpdk9F8

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c211/58girl/fullmoon-1.jpg
EPIC! icon_cool.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 15.07.2009 at 22:56.]
Written on: 07.09.2009 12:18
Karsten Laj
LiamC skrev:

RATM definitely should be booked, it'll be criminal not to!

I saw at Ultimate-guitar.com, that thay are writing- and will release a new album early in 2010.
Written on: 05.10.2009 11:59
solbir
U2 is one of those bands that I would see if I attended a festival they were playing. They are a probable headliner IMO. Other possible headliners are TOOL, Muse, Pearl Jam, The Strokes (if they are touring), Iron Maiden (rumoured they are doing the Sonisphere tour next year so then the timeline would fit), AC/DC, Green Day and The White Stripes (they are rumoured to reunite next year). Also Them Crooked Vultures can be placed quite high on the billing but not sure if they can be one of the main headliners.
Written on: 16.10.2009 20:54
Roger Federer
Tom skrev:

I´m pretty sure that Rammstein will set fire on Orange stage in 2010 ... and it would be fucking awesome

Rock on mate icon_eek.gif

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...