D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27. juni til 4. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Wishes for 2015


Author Message
Written on: 05.08.2014 07:43
Wallu
Posts: 712
Ebo Taylor has the best afrobeat band in the world. Also bring Helsinki-Coutonou Ensemble.
Written on: 05.08.2014 12:37
hed
Posts: 173
Would rather see the festival spend a little less on ONE headliner, thus being able to get a broader bunch of big names through the headliners and subliners.
So if ac/dc would get 10 million (out of the 40? in total) i wouldnt want them.

On a side note i'd like to see a few of these bands at Roskilde 2015:
Big names:
rage against the machine
Biffy clyro
Aerosmith
Beach boys
Alanis Morissette
smashing pumpkins

medium/small names:
placebo
at the drive-in
jane's addiction
offspring
weezer
sublime With rome
primus
dropkick murphys
mudhoney
(hed)p.e.
tallest man on Earth
meat puppets
face to face
me first and the gimme gimmes
everclear
slapstick
dead Kennedys (still an amazing act without jello)
the mighty underdogs
sage francis
eels
screeching weasel
dinosaur jr
apollo 440
the wombats
Written on: 07.08.2014 10:52
Davy Grolton
Posts: 16
Foo Fighters
Muse
Tool
Opeth
Graveyard
AC/DC
The Shins
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
The Black Keys
Written on: 08.08.2014 21:51
gilloobreizhoo
Posts: 1
wow, what a surprise, i didn't know MØ
Arena - 2014 I wish them for my favorite french festival http://www.vieillescharrues.asso.fr/2014/programmation
Thanks for the upload of MØ
Amitié from France icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 10.08.2014 19:16
Wallu
Posts: 712
Death - not just for the documentary hype, this is actually a great live band
La Femme
Neneh Cherry
Written on: 11.08.2014 00:56
Jonathan Søgaard
Posts: 99
Wallu wrote:

Death - not just for the documentary hype, this is actually a great live band
Neneh Cherry


I saw these two acts at Vanguard Festival in Copenhagen, and they were indeed solid. I especially enjoyed Neneh Cherry. The guys from Death just hung around the festival afterwards - Really cool dudes.

From Vanguard I can also really recommend:

R.A. Rugged Man. He managed to start the crowd up even though it was 13.00, and everyone (or at least we were) hungover. This guy can rap!

The Coup. These guys were just super cool. DAMN!

Dam Funk. This band surpriced me alot. So much better and more funky than the recorded music. It was a great funk party.

Seun Kuti. You never go wrong with a shot of Kuti icon_smile.gif

Mew: Seen them a lot, but I always enjoy it (and a new record should be coming 2015).

Reptile Youth: Jumped on the main stage with two hours notice (because of the fuck-head Pete Doherty). The show is full of energy!

George Clinton. Still going strong icon_smile.gif
Written on: 11.08.2014 10:24
Wallu
Posts: 712
Jonathan Søgaard wrote:

Wallu wrote:

Death - not just for the documentary hype, this is actually a great live band
Neneh Cherry


I saw these two acts at Vanguard Festival in Copenhagen, and they were indeed solid. I especially enjoyed Neneh Cherry. The guys from Death just hung around the festival afterwards - Really cool dudes.

From Vanguard I can also really recommend:

R.A. Rugged Man. He managed to start the crowd up even though it was 13.00, and everyone (or at least we were) hungover. This guy can rap!

The Coup. These guys were just super cool. DAMN!

Dam Funk. This band surpriced me alot. So much better and more funky than the recorded music. It was a great funk party.

Seun Kuti. You never go wrong with a shot of Kuti icon_smile.gif

Mew: Seen them a lot, but I always enjoy it (and a new record should be coming 2015).

Reptile Youth: Jumped on the main stage with two hours notice (because of the fuck-head Pete Doherty). The show is full of energy!

George Clinton. Still going strong icon_smile.gif


What a great lineup!! I´ve seen The Coup and Seun Kuti and wouldn´t mind at all seeing them again. Yet to see George Clinton and the other bands sound good as well.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 11.08.2014 at 10:25.]
Written on: 11.08.2014 13:39
L92
Posts: 45
Rage Against the Machine ...!!!!!!!!
Foo fighters
Radiohead
Billy Idol
Dr. John back again
Rammstein
The Weeknd
GUTS
Cypress Hill
London Grammar
Metronomy
Written on: 11.08.2014 14:00
Jonathan Søgaard
Posts: 99
Wallu wrote:

Jonathan Søgaard wrote:

Wallu wrote:

Death - not just for the documentary hype, this is actually a great live band
Neneh Cherry


I saw these two acts at Vanguard Festival in Copenhagen, and they were indeed solid. I especially enjoyed Neneh Cherry. The guys from Death just hung around the festival afterwards - Really cool dudes.

From Vanguard I can also really recommend:

R.A. Rugged Man. He managed to start the crowd up even though it was 13.00, and everyone (or at least we were) hungover. This guy can rap!

The Coup. These guys were just super cool. DAMN!

Dam Funk. This band surpriced me alot. So much better and more funky than the recorded music. It was a great funk party.

Seun Kuti. You never go wrong with a shot of Kuti icon_smile.gif

Mew: Seen them a lot, but I always enjoy it (and a new record should be coming 2015).

Reptile Youth: Jumped on the main stage with two hours notice (because of the fuck-head Pete Doherty). The show is full of energy!

George Clinton. Still going strong icon_smile.gif


What a great lineup!! I´ve seen The Coup and Seun Kuti and wouldn´t mind at all seeing them again. Yet to see George Clinton and the other bands sound good as well.


The Linup was almost too good. With two stages playing music alternately with like 5 min. between each concert you were constantly on the move, and I was completely drunk and tired already half way through each day, but then another great name went on stage, and you had too continue icon_razz.gif.

http://vanguard-festival.com/lineup/.

I hope some Roskilde bookers was present...
Written on: 11.08.2014 14:07
Wallu
Posts: 712
Jonathan Søgaard wrote:

Wallu wrote:

Jonathan Søgaard wrote:

Wallu wrote:

Death - not just for the documentary hype, this is actually a great live band
Neneh Cherry


I saw these two acts at Vanguard Festival in Copenhagen, and they were indeed solid. I especially enjoyed Neneh Cherry. The guys from Death just hung around the festival afterwards - Really cool dudes.

From Vanguard I can also really recommend:

R.A. Rugged Man. He managed to start the crowd up even though it was 13.00, and everyone (or at least we were) hungover. This guy can rap!

The Coup. These guys were just super cool. DAMN!

Dam Funk. This band surpriced me alot. So much better and more funky than the recorded music. It was a great funk party.

Seun Kuti. You never go wrong with a shot of Kuti icon_smile.gif

Mew: Seen them a lot, but I always enjoy it (and a new record should be coming 2015).

Reptile Youth: Jumped on the main stage with two hours notice (because of the fuck-head Pete Doherty). The show is full of energy!

George Clinton. Still going strong icon_smile.gif


What a great lineup!! I´ve seen The Coup and Seun Kuti and wouldn´t mind at all seeing them again. Yet to see George Clinton and the other bands sound good as well.


The Linup was almost too good. With two stages playing music alternately with like 5 min. between each concert you were constantly on the move, and I was completely drunk and tired already half way through each day, but then another great name went on stage, and you had too continue icon_razz.gif.

http://vanguard-festival.com/lineup/.

I hope some Roskilde bookers was present...


How big it was? (how many people in the audiencem, that is..) I see they got the Roots and Mos Def too. Indeed a great lineup (maybe a bit pricey for a two day festival, but still great).
Written on: 12.08.2014 00:00
Jonathan Søgaard
Posts: 99
Well I think they said they have a maximum capacity of 10.000-12.000 people, but they were no where near that. At least the first day was only half-full, wheras the second was more like 3/4 I think. I stood front row at almost all concerts I wanted too. Makes me a bit worried for next year, because I could see myself going again.

Agreed it is pricy, and you can't bring anything to drink, so you either have to go out of the festival to quickly drink something cheaper or just don't care and use all your money (which I did banghead.gif ). You could buy early bird tickets for 800, but it's before you know the Line-up :/. Still I do like seeing music on festivals. If you have the Stamina the price pr. concert gets quite good.

The setting is very nice in a park with green grass and trees.

Written on: 20.08.2014 22:17
hatful-of-hollow
Posts: 6
Morrissey
Rush (I think they're going to tour next year)
Gojira
My Bloody Valentine
Opeth
Alcest
King Dude

I could probably sit all day writing bands I'd like to see at Roskilde...

Written on: 22.08.2014 15:18
jonpettersen
Posts: 2
AT THE GATES!!
Written on: 05.09.2014 01:01
lars emil
Posts: 1
The Stone Roses and Morrissey please
Written on: 05.09.2014 12:45
Mattias Svensson
Posts: 52
Faith no more is a no brainer. New album soon.
Written on: 06.09.2014 00:45
Anton Kjeldsen
Posts: 1
Big names: Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Muse, Eminem, Justin Timberlake, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, ed sheeran, U2, John mayer, Daft punk, Deadmau5,Calvin Harris, Kygo, David Guetta, avicii, The script, Tiesto and red hot chili peppers icon_biggrin.gif

Medium/small names: Nause, Woodkid,Carpark North, Mac miller.
Written on: 23.09.2014 17:36
tor flattum
Posts: 26
1. Eminem
2. Foo Fighters
3. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
4. Pink Floyd
5. Aerosmith
6. Bon Jovi
7. Dr. Dre
8. Roger Waters
9. John Butler Trio
10. Old Crow Meidicine Show

Just listing artists i have yet to experience live.

Any of the top 3 would basicly make me loose it icon_lol.gif


[This article was edited 1 times, at last 23.09.2014 at 17:37.]
Written on: 01.10.2014 14:36
maria83
Posts: 7
Jack Johnsson icon_lol.gif
Mika icon_razz.gif
Lisa Nelson…
Written on: 02.10.2014 14:32
MHP
Posts: 1
Rock am Ring/Im Park made their first announcement today, and while they don't always overlap with Roskilde this might give a few indicators of whos available for next summer icon_smile.gif

Asking Alexandria - Would love to finally see at Roskilde
Beatsteaks - Played 2011
Broilers - German speaking band...prolly would not make much sense
Callejon - Same
Die Toten Hosen - While big in Germany dunno if they would draw enough to make it worth while
Donots - Could work
Foo Fighters - 9 years since last time round...it's time icon_smile.gif
Frank Turner And The Sleeping Souls - could be an ok fit
In Flames - Last time i 2007...if Roskilde goes metal this year they would be a shoe-in...but Copenhell might apeal to them aswell
Kraftklub - German speaking
Lamb Of God - Already confirmed icon_smile.gif
Motörhead - Prolly Copenhell bound if playing in DK
Papa Roach - Never palyed Roskilde and have evolved as a band over the years - I'd watch
Parkway Drive - Played i 2011 so maybe too soon?
Rise Against - Perfect fit
Skindred - Never played Roskilde - and I'd go watch
Slipknot - Only been 2 years...possible Copenhell headliner
Trailerpark - German speaking
Turbostaat - German speaking

So there seems to be a pretty good slection of hard rock acts touring next summer and a few of them having never been at Roskilde so if the Lamb of God booking is any indication a few of the above could join them icon_smile.gif
Written on: 02.10.2014 20:46
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1273
Foo Fighters, Fran Turner, Parkway Drive & Rise Against yes plz icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 07.10.2014 16:09
Danni
Posts: 297
Been a long time since i posted here but I'm in the mood for some wishes! Some of them will be unrealistic but hey here goes

Foo Fighters
Daft Punk
Dave Matthews Band
Tool
Black Sabbath
Rival Sons
Graveyard
Elder
Opeth
The Well
King Dude
Tim C
Black Moth
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes
Junip
The Black Keys
Gary Clarke Jr
Electric Citizen
John Garcia
Emiliana Torrini
Written on: 10.10.2014 16:16
Mathias
Posts: 1
LIKE TO SEE TOM WAITS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And maybe Dweezil Zappa ! http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/pages/tour-section

See you
Mathias
Written on: 15.10.2014 13:59
Alex
Posts: 3
TOOL
A Perfect Circle
Radiohead
Morrissey
Seigmen (Norwegian rock icons, just started up again, Awesome)
Kings of convenience
New order
Smashing Pumpkins
Zeromancer
Specktors (wow, 2012)


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...