D
    H
    M
    S
til Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27. juni til 4. juli

Roskilde Festivals diskussionforum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

Du skal være logget ind for at skrive indlæg. Log ind eller opret dig som bruger.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

World Cup 2014

Written on: 13.06.2014 12:39
Magnus Erck
As I understand there will be no covering of the World Cup on this years Roskilde Festival.
I simply want to express how little I understand this decision.

As I understand, your arguments for not showing this years World Cup matches are that no nordic related teams are involved, no important matches are being played during the festival and you would rather spend the money on what the festival is really about.
To that I have to say the following:
The World Cup is an event that only happens every fourth year, so no matter if there are any danish or nordic teams involved it's a huge and exciting happening that I know most people - especially men - would be thrilled to watch.
All matches are important in a world cup and especially the ones being played during the festival are usually the most intriguing.
I know the main thing Roskilde Festival is about is music. But a festival is also about the gathering of all kinds of people having a blast no matter their differences. Football - especially a world cup - can do that as nothing else can!

Therefore I just want to express that I truly think you should reconsider and show those matches anyway.
Written on: 13.06.2014 14:41
schlindholm
Magnus Erck wrote:

As I understand there will be no covering of the World Cup on this years Roskilde Festival.

As I understand, your arguments for not showing this years World Cup matches are that no nordic related teams are involved, no important matches are being played during the festival and you would rather spend the money on what the festival is really about.
The World Cup is an event that only happens every fourth year, so no matter if there are any danish or nordic teams involved it's a huge and exciting happening that I know most people - especially men - would be thrilled to watch.
All matches are important in a world cup and especially the ones being played during the festival are usually the most intriguing.
I know the main thing Roskilde Festival is about is music. But a festival is also about the gathering of all kinds of people having a blast no matter their differences. Football - especially a world cup - can do that as nothing else can!

Therefore I just want to express that I truly think you should reconsider and show those matches anyway.

Will you pay for that Magnus?

Prices for showing games publicly (and yes in this case RF is considered public) are ridiculously high. I bet that at least one bar downtown Roskilde will show you the games.
Written on: 13.06.2014 21:03
Rasmus Mogensen
I coundn't agree more with Magnus! The World cup is such a big thing and to Watch it on Roskilde is trully amazing. I would there as well as Magnus highly suggest that you reconsider.
Rasmus going to Roskilde for the 9th time.
Written on: 15.06.2014 20:39
Casper Frandsen
I agree! Show the WC at Roskilde.
Written on: 19.06.2014 11:36
Janne
Lame decision, it's not a matter of money as it has been done so many times before...

But hey, we sure find out few places with simple tv screens at or near the festival or camping area? It won't be the same as in front of big screen with 5 000 World Cup fans but it would be still nice to watch the games in some kind of group.

There is a telly in the lobby of Slagteriskolen at Maglegårdsvej, but I'm not sure if you have to be staying there for the night to get in... Mulligan's by the Roskilde train station should show the games, but it's in the centrum. Are there some camps at RF that might have some kind of WC screens?
Written on: 19.06.2014 15:43
Themster

Lame decision, it's not a matter of money as it has been done so many times before...

A bit harsh perhaps?! Do you have a special inside knowledge about the price for showing the WC, then please share. If RF thinks it's to expensive to show the WC and would rather use money on making the festival even better with better music, more cutura events or other guest related matters, then fine by me.

Relax and go see the football tournament in West on wednesday, it's almost the same niveau anyway.

[This article was edited 3 times, at last 19.06.2014 at 15:48.]
Written on: 19.06.2014 16:39
Janne
Sorry for sounding harsh, I don't have any inside information, only been there since RF 2002 and as they've had the money and will to show the WC and EC games officially 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2012 this came as an unpleasant surprise after buying the ticket and making all the arrangements.

I'll be quite fine watching the games from a laptop or some telly at the local pub, but it would be of course more fun for everybody with thousands RF people as so many times before.

All news about WC camps still welcome icon_smile.gif

All the best, Janne
Written on: 19.06.2014 21:07
Ktadie
Roskilde is not showing it?!
That is fucking lame. They have a bloody cinema where they could play it. It cost money to show it publicly? Just a find a streaming service where it is cheap with no penalties for public viewing.

fuck that sucks.
Written on: 19.06.2014 23:25
Bongo Anders
First off, there is no cinema and second, do you really think that RF will stream the games illegally because FIFA and its broadcasters are demanding to much money.
Written on: 20.06.2014 00:23
cup of coffee
Magnus Erck wrote:

You're so right...! I agree 100%.
Written on: 20.06.2014 13:15
Peter Holst
cup of coffee wrote:

Magnus Erck wrote:

You're so right...! I agree 100%.

In 1992 the concerts were put on hold during the final. Let that be a lesson: Never let football interfere with music.

Password
Remember me
Forgot password?
Ophavsretten tilhører Roskilde Festival.
Informationerne må alene anvendes til eget ikke-kommercielt brug.
Dette site anvender cookies.
Læs mere om brugen...