WELCOME TO ROSKILDE FESTIVAL 2014
You are about to walk into Denmark’s fourth largest urban community, temporarily sprung out of nothing on the fields outside of Roskilde. Roskilde Festival 2014 might be about the music, the party and the community. But when you’re at Roskilde festival, it is also about being changed and challenged in the middle of this haven. It is about playing along rather than sitting back observing passively.
It is easy to get lost at Roskilde Festival. For many this is the purpose in itself; being sucked into an unpredictable world of experiences, where music lovers, dedicated people, party animals, and co-creators make and share an eight day community. A community that can change you forever.
Don't get lost
For you covering Roskilde Festival for an accredited media needing to report this year’s festival to your target audience, we have made this guide that can help ensure that you won’t get lost among the approximately 129,999 other festival goers.
Here, you will find our suggestions to where you can look for the best stories about the life and the people at Roskilde Festival 2014. And we’ll guide you to the contacts, resources, and services that can contribute to making your editorial work at this year’s festival easier.
Music, art and food
We will direct you through this year’s music programme, which is one of the best liked line-ups in the festival’s most recent history with its more than 160 names. We will show you the way to Art Zone, our new 6,400 square metre large playground for the art projects, and you will get closer to the food selection and the many local and global dishes and countless other culinary temptations.
Change the world
All profits from Roskilde Festival are donated to charitable and humanitarian purposes and Roskilde Festival actively support festival goers’ chance to change the outside world.
In 2014 Roskilde Festival is focusing on youth unemployment under the headline CHANGE, and will among other things invite you to the Flag Park and entrepreneur maze in Dream City. Maybe one of the festival goers’ projects and initiatives at Roskilde Festival will inspire social change and a more sustainable world.
Facts about Roskilde Festival 2014
- Roskilde Festival 2014 takes place from 29 June to 6 July.
- Roskilde Festival lasts eight intense days. Four days of celebration, music, co-creation and commitment in the camping area followed by four days of music and art at the festival site.
- Roskilde Festival 2014 is sold-out. 80.000 all day-tickets are sold.
- 166 artists will perform on the stages in 2014.
- The stages are called Rising, Apollo, Avalon, Orange Stage, Gloria and Arena. Read about the stage profiles, design and capacity here.
- Roskilde Festival is 100 % non-profit. All profits are donated to cultural and charitable purposes by the Roskilde Festival Charity Society. Over the years, the festival has generated more than DDK 190 million DKK to charity. Read about the non-profit purpose here.
- Roskilde Festival is created by 31,000 volunteers.
- Maximum capacity is 80,000 paying guests. In total, 130,000 people are expected to take over the festival city in 2014 - this makes Roskilde Festival Denmark's fourth largest city.
- Roskilde Festival takes place on the fields south of the town of Roskilde, which is one of Denmark’s oldest cities and known for its of historical relics from the Viking Age.
- The capital Copenhagen is located just 35 kilometers from the festival site. This is also the approximate distance to the closest international airport. Se practical travel information here.
- Roskilde Festival was first held in 1971
- Over the years, the festival has presented names such as Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys , Beastie Boys, Björk , Black Sabbath , David Bowie, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds , Coldplay, The Cure , Daft Punk , Bob Dylan, Faith No More , Foo Fighters, Gorillaz , Iron Maiden , Jay -Z, Paul Kalkbrenner , Kraftwerk , Metallica , MIA , Muse, My Bloody Valentine, Nirvana , PJ Harvey, Prince, Radiohead, Rage Against The Machine , Rammstein , Red Hot Chili Peppers , Rihanna, Ravi Shankar , Slayer , Slipknot , Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, The Strokes , Tiësto , U2 , Kanye West, Jack White , The White Stripes and Neil Young.
På dansk tak
Klik her for at finde vores online presse- og medieservice på dansk.
International Press kits
Festival Guide 2014
Download and read the guide book. 132 pages about RF14.
Download her (pdf)
Q&A: Environment and waste
How Roskilde Festival Festival works with environmental issues, social responsibility and waste.