This is Roskilde Festival 2014
Roskilde Festival is the annual place to be for the most curious music and culture lovers. The festival takes place every summer in the historical town of Roskilde close to the Danish capital Copenhagen.
Since the beginning back in 1971, Roskilde Festival has evolved into a week-long international celebration of music, art and creative community.
At Roskilde Festival the participants come face to face with international stars like Metallica and Bruce Springsteen, and it is here that they are introduced to the musical innovators and upcoming stars and trends of tomorrow.
Roskilde Festival invites more than 160 acts to the seven stages and emphasizes first-class sound, lighting and visuals. The music experiences are combined with challenging arts, architecture, top quality food and an intense focus on environmental concerns and sustainability.
The atmosphere throughout the eight days of music, party and community is known among the participants as The Orange Feeling.
More than 130,000 participants are present at the festival site, which literally makes Roskilde Festival Denmark's fourth largest city, and the festival boasts its own train station, daily newspaper, skate park, swimming lake and even a neighborhood for co-creating inhabitants called Dream City.
Roskilde Festival is created by almost 32.000 dedicated volunteers and is 100 % non-profit. All profits from the festival are donated to cultural and charitable purposes.
Roskilde Festival 2014 takes place from 29 June - 6 July 2014.
Facts about Roskilde Festival 2014
- Roskilde Festival 2014 takes place from 29 June to 6 July.
- Roskilde Festival lasts eight intense days. Four days of celebration, music, co-creation and commitment in the camping area followed by four days of music and art at the festival site.
- A full ticket with access to eight days costs DKK 1910 incl. fee (approx. EURO 256).
- The Full line-up is revealed on Wednesday 2. April 2014 at 12.00 CET.
- The line-up currently includes acts as diverse as Arctic Monkeys, Damon Albarn, Interpol, Haim, Major Lazer, Earl Sweatshirt, Pusha T, Rob Zombie, Trentemøller and MØ. See the current band list here.
- Approximately 160 artists will perform on the seven stages in 2014.
- The stages are called Rising, Apollo, Avalon, Orange Stage, Gloria and Arena. Read about the stage profiles, design and capacity here.
- Roskilde Festival is 100 % non-profit. All profits are donated to cultural and charitable purposes by the Roskilde Festival Charity Society. Over the years, the festival has generated more than DDK 190 million DKK to charity. Read about the non-profit purpose here.
- Roskilde Festival is created by 32,000 volunteers.
- Maximum capacity is 80,000 paying guests. In total, 130,000 people are expected to take over the festival city in 2014 - this makes Roskilde Festival Denmark's fourth largest city.
- Roskilde Festival takes place on the fields south of the town of Roskilde, which is one of Denmark’s oldest cities and known for its of historical relics from the Viking Age.
- The capital Copenhagen is located just 35 kilometers from the festival site. This is also the approximate distance to the closest international airport. Se practical travel information here.
- Roskilde Festival was first held in 1971
- Over the years, the festival has presented names such as Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys , Beastie Boys, Björk , Black Sabbath , David Bowie, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds , Coldplay, The Cure , Daft Punk , Bob Dylan, Faith No More , Foo Fighters, Gorillaz , Iron Maiden , Jay -Z, Paul Kalkbrenner , Kraftwerk , Metallica , MIA , Muse, My Bloody Valentine, Nirvana , PJ Harvey, Prince, Radiohead, Rage Against The Machine , Rammstein , Red Hot Chili Peppers , Rihanna, Ravi Shankar , Slayer , Slipknot , Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, The Strokes , Tiësto , U2 , Kanye West, Jack White , The White Stripes and Neil Young.
På dansk tak
Klik her for at finde vores online presse- og medieservice på dansk.