Information about non-food stalls at Roskilde Festival 2013
- Roskilde Festival 2013 dates are 29 June – 7 July 2013.
- The camping site opens on Saturday 29 June 2013 at 18.00
- The festival site opens on Thursday 4 July 2013 at 17.00
After a successful Roskilde Festival 2012, we expect Roskilde Festival 2013 to be sold out, when we open the doors. Ticket sales started 1 December 2012 with 78,500 tickets for sale.
Counting guests, staff, artists and media more than 100,000 people participate in the festival, thus presenting a large customer base. Please also be aware that the average festival goer (besides the ticket price) during the festival spends app. DKK 2,850.00 on food, drink and various non-food products.
Every year we wish to develop and improve our range of products and offer an assortment unique to Roskilde Festival – an assortment that contributes to the entertainment and service of our guests and to the creation of the framework of a great atmosphere throughout the festival.
To be able to satisfy the demands and wishes of our guests we have to be at the front edge and continuously develop our assortment in the non-food stalls. Therefore we focus especially on stalls that are interested in supporting these efforts.
Roskilde Festival would like our initiatives within environment, sustainable trade and humanitarian engagement to also be reflected in our collaborators. We also aim to accommodate our guest’s wishes of more different types of stalls with as many interesting and fun goods as possible. At the same time, we would also like our guests to be able to recognize the stalls that they have come to know over the years and look forward to seeing again in 2013. All these criteria are important – as a whole or separately – when we select stalls at Roskilde Festival 2013.
As mentioned before we keep our focus on sustainable trade, therefore we are very interested in information regarding the sustainability of your goods. Please mark this clearly on the application form, and please go more thoroughly into why and how these goods are sustainable. For example, if there is any form of reuse or recycling in the production of your goods, if the production of your goods is under approved conditions in a Third World country, if you have a Fair Trade certificate.
In 2013 the Festival wants to activate the festival's guests even more through trade. At the area behind the Grand Stand there will be an opportunity to engage dialogue with festival guests. This area is called Trade Zone.
If you have a good idea of activities that may involve the guests with your products via entertainment, workshops, dissemination projects, etc. - please feel free to add this to your application.
It is not mandatory to have a stall behind the Grand Stand to contribute to these activities, seating facilities and such will be available in this area.
All trade that includes copy goods is illegal at Roskilde Festival, just as in our surrounding environment. Besides the fact that this is against Danish law, it also conflicts with Roskilde Festival’s own regulations, as we want to offer our guests an honest product. Applicants who deal with copy goods will be rejected. Any trader that deals with copy goods at Roskilde Festival’s area will cause an immediate suspension and shutdown of the stall, along with a notification to the police.
At Roskilde Festival 2013 the Trade Section establishes these non food trade areas:
The Festival Site (4 days):
Stable North (area 1)
Trade area placed south of the Oval – an area with a fine selection of non-food and food stalls.
Stable South (area 2)
A central and well attended area at the southern part of the site and close to the camping entrance.
By the grandstand (area 3)
A large central trade area, which is the most popular area among the stall holders.
The trade island (area 4)
Trade area with a central placing at the site’s western part.
Odeon (area 5)
An area with 100% sustainable food and non-food trade. The non-food stalls participate under different conditions. If you feel you meet such requirements, please send us an mail on nonfoodtrade@. roskilde-festival.dk
The Camping Site (8 days):
A small trade area in the Pavilion area acting as part of the camping area during the first four days and as part of the Festival site during the last four days.
Camping East (area 6)
A large and central trade area which – besides non-food stalls – includes food stalls, information, luggage deposit, beer stalls, refund stalls etc. and therefore are visited by a lot of guests.
Camping West (area 7)
After a brief pause in 2010 and to the joy of many traders and our guests we will re-establish non-food stalls at Camping West – close to the service and trade centre comprising food stalls, merchandise sales, ATMs, beer stalls, refund stall, first-aid service etc. and therefore is visited by a lot of guests.
The camping areas open for guests on Saturday 29 June 2013 at 18.00 – and from this time on all service facilities including food, beer and refund stalls will be opened. All non-food stalls in this area must have raised their stall/tent on Friday, 28 June 2013 at the latest – and they must open for sale on Sunday at 10.00.
DOWNLOAD MAP (pdf)
When/if you are offered a trade stall you will also receive information about the trade area in which your stall is to be erected. You will be informed of the exact place of the stall within the area in question upon arrival to the Festival.
Both while planning of and during the Roskilde Festival, changes are possible. Not all measures and geographical conditions are known before the event takes place. This means that even if you have received a contract where the stalls have been located, the Festival reserves the right to relocate stalls up to 30 days before the first day of the festival. The stalls will only be relocated within the overall assigned area. This means relocation only within the Camping area and within the Festival Site.
Any relocation will be notified in writing asap. Relocations outside the conditions mentioned above, releases a 20% deduction of the non-food stall rate.
As Roskilde Festival wishes to provide as good and precise information to our traders as possible, we try to avoid relocations. However experience has shown that there is no festival without unforeseen incidents. This is why we wish to specify a permanent policy in regards of relocation of the stalls.
The trader pays all expenses in connection with erection of the stall. Roskilde Festival does not supply materials.
New rules from the Danish tax authorities applicable for all stall holders in 2013 attending all flea markets, horse markets, festivals and such. All must have a cash register in the stall.
To display the general expression of the Festival, the Festival would like to emphasize that all non-food stalls are to be equipped with a sign at the front of the stall. The sign should be big enough to identify the name of the stall from a reasonable distance. As a principal rule, signs must hold the name of the stall or type of goods. It is prohibited to use brand names, as this normally demands a sponsorship with the Festival. As an exception, brand names are only allowed if the stallholder produces and/or designs the goods themselves.
- 2 wristbands/tickets are included in the stall price. (Please note that the tickets do not include a place at the employee camp, these you have to buy additionally). The stall holder must buy tickets for any additional member of the staff. The ticket price is DKK 1,890 exclusive fee. Tickets can be bought via www.roskilde-festival.dk. Please be aware that the festival may be sold out again this year. We recommend that stall holders buy their additional tickets well before the festival. We cannot guarantee that we have any tickets left after 1 May 2013.
- Environmental toilets are positioned in the back areas of atmosphere stalls wherever possible.
- Campers and cars/vans cannot be used behind or built into the stall.
- One parking permit is allocated per stall, we try provide the parking area within a reasonable distance from the stall
- Roskilde Festival establishes pavements as needed as wide as the stall x 1.22 metres.
- The depth of the stall must not exceed 6 meters. In addition, the stall has access to 1.5 meters behind the booth. Only by prior agreement, it is possible to get permission to use 1.5 meter in front of the stall (only within the stall’s width).
- For theft protection the stall must at all days be staffed with night watchman from the closing time and until opening hours. Due to risk of fire the night watchmen must be awake.
- The stall must be manned from Sunday 7 July at 22.00 until Monday 8 July until 09.00 (Festival site)/12.00 (Camping areas)
- The facade is not to be removed till after Monday 8 July at 09.00 (the Festival Site) and at 12.00 (the camping areas).
- Besides payment for the stall, the stall holder must pay a deposit of DKK 1,500 for cleaning. This deposit will be refunded Monday after the festival – when the cleaning of the stall area has been accepted by Roskilde Festival in writing.
- Electricity supply (a standard installation of up to 5,400 Watt) is included in the stall payment.
- Opening hours for camping stalls:
Must open every day at 10.00 at the latest.
Must close every day at 00.00 at the earliest. Sunday 7 July the stall must close at 10.00
- Opening hours for Festival Site stalls:
Must open Thursday, 4 July at 17.00 and the other days at 10.00 at the latest.
Must close every day at 01.00 at the earliest. Sunday, 7 July the stall must close at 22.00.
You may purchase access to the employee camping area incl. access to hot showers, however you must book this before 1 May 2013. The cost is DKK 200.00 per person.
Size, front metres
Area 1: Stable north
The application form is to be sent to Roskilde Festival, Havsteensvej 11, DK-4000 Roskilde or emailed to nonfoodtrade@ no later than 15 February 2013. Reply will be sent out no later than 15 March 2013. roskilde-festival.dk
Please note that photos of the product range must be enclosed/attached to the email (and not photos of the stall) Please keep the size of the photos under 10MB. This applies regardless of previous participation in Roskilde Festival. Applications without photos will not be considered. References to photos on the Internet (a homepage) will not be accepted. Photos and samples forwarded to Roskilde Festival will not be returned.
Applications received after 15 February 2013 will be read and considered but with less chance of being offered a stall.