Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Get A Tent - Central - 2014

Written on: 03.03.2014 11:53
Flemme
I have bought a GAT ticket for the GAT Central area at this years Roskilde festival and have some questions that I hope some of you guys might know the answer to.

• - Will the area include other facilities than toilets/showers? eg. cooking area, an agora?
  • - Is there only access to this area through the festival site? and if yes, does this mean that alcohol cannot be brought on to the camping area?
  • - What are the camping regulations for the GAT areas? - Is it allowed to set up a pavillion next to or over the tent(for shade), and have a few camping chairs?

I hope someone can help me find answers to these questions, or share their past experiences from the GAT areas in the previous years.
Written on: 03.03.2014 19:02
Steen H
Official RF person

- Will the area include other facilities than toilets/showers? eg. cooking area, an agora?

GAT Central operates as a normal camping site (with the exception of opening later than the rest of the camping sites). There will be an agora, a cooking area and so on.

- Is there only access to this area through the festival site? and if yes, does this mean that alcohol cannot be brought on to the camping area?

You can rest assured that you will be allowed to bring alcohol to GAT Central, just as with any camping site.

- What are the camping regulations for the GAT areas? - Is it allowed to set up a pavillion next to or over the tent(for shade), and have a few camping chairs?

You cannot pitch a pavillon next to or on top of your tent, as there is simply not room for it.

Br
Steen

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 03.03.2014 at 19:03.]
Written on: 03.03.2014 21:52
ingisto
Will it be possible to buy beer at Central?
Written on: 15.03.2014 20:23
Steen H
Official RF person
Sorry for the late reply.

Shops haven't been finally placed yet, so I can't tell you if there will be a beer shop at GAT Central. I'll try to remember to get back on this thread if news arrive - otherwise bump it in a month or so.
Written on: 17.03.2014 08:17
ingisto
Great, thanks!

The GAT area was great last year, the only thing missing was a place to buy beer icon_smile.gif
Written on: 17.03.2014 21:06
Bongo Anders
And Central is sold out.
Written on: 27.03.2014 08:55
Steen H
Official RF person
Still a few more spaces left at GAT Central.
Written on: 07.04.2014 12:24
MelleQ
Do anyone know how to get the gat central camping? Should i go by East or West entreance when i arrive with my gear
or will there be a closer one? That area used to be closed to thursday so is there another way to get there if i arrive wednesday? Is there a taxi or a bus stop nearby?

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 07.04.2014 at 12:28.]
Written on: 12.04.2014 18:49
Mattias Svensson
MelleQ wrote:

Do anyone know how to get the gat central camping? Should i go by East or West entreance when i arrive with my gear
or will there be a closer one? That area used to be closed to thursday so is there another way to get there if i arrive wednesday? Is there a taxi or a bus stop nearby?

The easiest way to get there is to catch the festival train from Roskilde station. From the festival station its just a short walk.
Written on: 29.04.2014 12:19
ingisto
* bump *
We want beer icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 06.06.2014 12:47
ingisto
Still no news om the beer situation?
Written on: 17.06.2014 13:33
Sjabba
ingisto wrote:

Still no news om the beer situation?

By the look of the camping map there does not seem to be any places to buy cold beer there. icon_frown.gif
Written on: 19.06.2014 19:24
Steen H
Official RF person
No shops at GAT Central, guys. Sorry for getting back so late, things have been crazy busy lately icon_smile.gif

/Steen
Written on: 21.06.2014 16:51
Martin
I have one ticket for Get A Tent Central left over!
you can have it for 700 DKK instead of official price 770.
icon_wink.gif

Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…