D
    H
    M
    S
until Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29 June to 6 July

Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

2013 Schedule

Written on: 05.06.2013 16:06
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Jackster wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Ofc Metallica and Sigur Ros clash. They want Sigur on arena so they need a big name on Orange at the same time. And Metallica and Sigur Ros is to very very different genre of music.. so good booking work

Like Iron Maiden and PJ Harvey and Bruce Springsteen and Bon Iver.

Well, I can understand it, but not in Roskilde, where you have all of the genres and headliners may be interesting even your are not into one specific genre.

It's a shit this clash as the ones before. Yeas, I Know, it's my problem for loving that six bands....

Except that, everything more or less OK and reasonable.

You say no, but you support what I am saying? The part of ppl might check out a headliner of a nother genre is the reason there need to be a big name on Orange. If Sigur Ros play Arena and Orange was empty or had a small name.. Arena would end up overcrowed. Had Sigur Ros play Orange a lot of ppl would had complained about that.
Written on: 05.06.2013 16:38
Jackster
imo Sigur Ros deserve Orange stage. But if the organization and the band have decided it will work better in Arena, of course it's the best option trying not to collapse the stage by thousands...

I mean with the visuals they have now on this tour, Sigur Ros would rock Orange. It's a shame. It'll have to finish quick my duplication chamber in order to be able to enjoy the powerful mainstream heavy metal of Metallica (probable my favourite band) and the magnificent and heartmoving rock of Sigur Ros (maybe my third favourite band) at the same time... Impossible is nothing, or what? icon_lol.gif
Written on: 06.06.2013 10:06
svavar
I fucking LOVE that Henry Rollins is appearing 3 times! I'm going to see him all 3 times for sure!
Written on: 06.06.2013 10:41
Coldblooded
svavar wrote:

I fucking LOVE that Henry Rollins is appearing 3 times! I'm going to see him all 3 times for sure!

Actually, he gives four speeches. The first one is just outside of the main music programme since it takes place somewhere on the camping site.
Written on: 06.06.2013 11:09
svavar
Coldblooded wrote:

svavar wrote:

Actually, he gives four speeches. The first one is just outside of the main music programme since it takes place somewhere on the camping site.

Do you know when or where? I want to see that!
Written on: 06.06.2013 11:37
Law Abiding Citizen

imo Sigur Ros deserve Orange stage. But if the organization and the band have decided it will work better in Arena, of course it's the best option trying not to collapse the stage by thousands...

I mean with the visuals they have now on this tour, Sigur Ros would rock Orange. It's a shame. It'll have to finish quick my duplication chamber in order to be able to enjoy the powerful mainstream heavy metal of Metallica (probable my favourite band) and the magnificent and heartmoving rock of Sigur Ros (maybe my third favourite band) at the same time... Impossible is nothing, or what? icon_lol.gif

I'm personally in the process of creating a Time-Turner as used by Hermione Granger in Harry Potter And The Prisoner of Azkaban.

Though, I haven't had a successful product yet. I might have to give the man behind TimeCube a call.

[This article was edited 3 times, at last 06.06.2013 at 11:38.]
Written on: 06.06.2013 15:43
Kuken Andersson
Tobias wrote:

Where can I find the duration of the concerts? I have no idea when a concert is finished.

Everything is about an hour except orange slots that will be about 90 minutes-120 minutes.
Written on: 06.06.2013 16:37
Lord Beef Jerky
Kuken Andersson wrote:

Tobias wrote:

Where can I find the duration of the concerts? I have no idea when a concert is finished.

Everything is about an hour except orange slots that will be about 90 minutes-120 minutes.

And Metallica will be around 150 minutes or so.
Written on: 06.06.2013 17:27
Jackster
Metallica will be 120 exact minutes, not less, but not more. 18 songs.

Martin, what i was trying to say yesterday is that i don't think it's impossible to love both bands (Metallica and Sigur Ros) and i think i'm not the only one. Roskilde is quite open minded festival crossing genres, so it's also easy to find people that love equaly different genres and for sure two headliners.

In my opinion there should not be clashes between headliners (only 8 spots in a 195 bill) but I guess last three years show us that's not what roskilde programmers think. No problem, i will cope with it, i just have to decide if i see 1 hour of metallica and 100 minutes of Sigur Ros or if i see 2 hours of metallica and 40 minutes of sigur ros.
Written on: 06.06.2013 18:40
Lord Beef Jerky
Jackster wrote:

I've seen them 6 times before, twice on Roskilde, and they've never played less than 2 hours and 20 minutes. I'm sticking to 150 minutes on this one.
Written on: 06.06.2013 18:58
Classic rock dude!
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Jackster wrote:

I've seen them 6 times before, twice on Roskilde, and they've never played less than 2 hours and 20 minutes. I'm sticking to 150 minutes on this one.

Yup, most likely they will play more than 2 hours
Written on: 06.06.2013 19:11
Saturnus
Classic rock dude! wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Jackster wrote:

Yup. I'm pretty sure they played more than 2 hours all except the first time. But then again, they only had 2 album out back then and was really more an up-and-coming name back in 1986 when I saw them first time on Roskilde.
Written on: 07.06.2013 08:09
Mr. Monster
Saturnus wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Jackster wrote:

Yup. I'm pretty sure they played more than 2 hours all except the first time. But then again, they only had 2 album out back then and was really more an up-and-coming name back in 1986 when I saw them first time on Roskilde.

Looking at the running time here http://www.livemetallica.com/ it seems shows are between 2 and 2½ hours. I've read somewhere else that the lenght is usually up to Hetfield ('s voice, probably), but since they are coming all this way for just one show and don't have any shows coming up shortly afterwards, I'm sure they will give all they got for this one.
Written on: 07.06.2013 09:22
Lord Beef Jerky
Mr. Monster wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Jackster wrote:

Looking at the running time here http://www.livemetallica.com/ it seems shows are between 2 and 2½ hours. I've read somewhere else that the lenght is usually up to Hetfield ('s voice, probably), but since they are coming all this way for just one show and don't have any shows coming up shortly afterwards, I'm sure they will give all they got for this one.

My tablet is showing a shite version of the site, but I can tell you as a fact, that they've played a little more than three hours on two of the occasions that I've seen them. So I don't know if the material on livemetallica is edited in any way.
Written on: 07.06.2013 09:35
Mr. Monster
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Mr. Monster wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Jackster wrote:

My tablet is showing a shite version of the site, but I can tell you as a fact, that they've played a little more than three hours on two of the occasions that I've seen them. So I don't know if the material on livemetallica is edited in any way.

Me neither, but with 3½ hours between Metallica and Chase & Status I doubt the show will be longer that 2½ hours.
Written on: 07.06.2013 09:37
MariA
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Ofc Metallica and Sigur Ros clash. They want Sigur on arena so they need a big name on Orange at the same time. And Metallica and Sigur Ros is to very very different genre of music.. so good booking work

Jackster wrote:
I mean with the visuals they have now on this tour, Sigur Ros would rock Orange. It's a shame. It'll have to finish quick my duplication chamber in order to be able to enjoy the powerful mainstream heavy metal of Metallica (probable my favourite band) and the magnificent and heartmoving rock of Sigur Ros (maybe my third favourite band) at the same time... Impossible is nothing, or what?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I totally agree about the fact that putting Sigur Ros on Arena forces them to put a big name on Orange Stage at the same time. But I don't know if you can say that they are to very very different genre of music, of course they are not the same but still in general in the rock category, aren't they ? I mean, some of the audience that Sigur Ros appeal has to be removed to go se Metallica else Arena would be overcrowded. but that's just my thoughts, you can disagree of course icon_wink.gif
Anyway, I still think it's a bit a shame for Sigur Ros. I've got the chance to see them in Rock en Seine less than a year ago so it won't be much of a dilemna, I will go see Metallica this time. Happy concerts to everyone icon_smile.gif
Written on: 07.06.2013 09:50
Lord Beef Jerky
Mr. Monster wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Mr. Monster wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Jackster wrote:

Me neither, but with 3½ hours between Metallica and Chase & Status I doubt the show will be longer that 2½ hours.

True true, I just went slightly off topic.
Written on: 07.06.2013 10:09
Saturnus
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Mr. Monster wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Mr. Monster wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Jackster wrote:

True true, I just went slightly off topic.

That almost never happens around here.
Written on: 07.06.2013 22:49
Mr. Selfdestruct
Saturnus wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Jackster wrote:

Better make it three albums (Kill, Ride and Master) and actually they had gotten pretty big by that time.
Written on: 08.06.2013 01:56
Saturnus
Mr. Selfdestruct wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Jackster wrote:

Better make it three albums (Kill, Ride and Master) and actually they had gotten pretty big by that time.

Why do I always think it was September they released Master of Puppet and not February? But you're right Master was released 4 months before Roskilde.

They were big within metal circuits, yes, however they were still very far from being the household name they later became. At that time, if you didn't normally listen to hard rock/heavy metal, chances are you'd never heard of it.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 08.06.2013 at 08:37.]
Written on: 08.06.2013 03:59
Cathrine
I've seen Metallica 3 times before - two times they played for a bit more than two hours, once it went for more than 3 hours icon_smile.gif That time they were about 40mins late on stage, and I guess they decided to make up for it. Hetfield said several times something like "they're telling us our time is up... we don't care!" And they just kept going. I know they broke the limit for how long its allowed to have concerts going in that area by at least an hour, but no one seemed to care.
But I'm guessing 2 1/2 hours would be a good estimate icon_smile.gif They need some time to prepare for the next gig, but Metallica easily drags out a bit longer than planned...!
Looking forward to it anyways icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 08.06.2013 20:23
Jackster
You can believe in what you want: santa klaus, god or the fairies, but metallica have been playing 18 songs-2h shows in the last 6 years, except the XXX aniversary celebrations in san Francisco. Take a look at the shows in Australia this year. I can tell you cause i've seen them 8 times since 2007.

Don't worry, it'll be longer than last time in roskilde where they played 16 songs.
Written on: 08.06.2013 23:01
Lord Beef Jerky
Jackster wrote:

You can believe in what you want: santa klaus, god or the fairies, but metallica have been playing 18 songs-2h shows in the last 6 years, except the XXX aniversary celebrations in san Francisco. Take a look at the shows in Australia this year. I can tell you cause i've seen them 8 times since 2007.

Don't worry, it'll be longer than last time in roskilde where they played 16 songs.

Oh, I have checked, and you're absolutely wrong. No need to start sounding condescending here. Mr Monster provided a link, that clearly states Metallica's shows being somewhere between 2 hours and 2,5 hours for the last couple of years. Last time they played Roskilde, the show lasted 150 minutes as I'm sure it will this time as well. Time will tell on this one.
Written on: 09.06.2013 02:03
Jackster
Last roskilde show in 2003: http://www.bootlegs.ws/met/met03-06-26.html

1h54m, 114 mins, 16 songs

http://www.metallica.com/tour/jun-26-2003-roskilde.asp

We'll see in one month. I guess we'll not see them playing under another name performing kill'em All as they've done today in orion music+more. what a magnificent 50 minutes it should have been.banghead.gif
Written on: 09.06.2013 08:03
Lord Beef Jerky
Jackster wrote:

Last roskilde show in 2003: http://www.bootlegs.ws/met/met03-06-26.html

1h54m, 114 mins, 16 songs

http://www.metallica.com/tour/jun-26-2003-roskilde.asp

If you edit material (in this case all the breaks has been edited out), the show will of course seem shorter. From the time Metallica entered orange stage till they went off, it was pretty much precisely 150 minutes.

Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…