D
    H
    M
    S
until Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29 June to 6 July

Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

2013 Schedule

Written on: 10.06.2013 12:24
Jonathan Søgaard
Metallica aside. Shouldn't we discuss the names on the orange stage now they are official.

Generally many fine orange concerts, BUT I'm really puzzled about e.g. Bobby Womack and Kris Kristoffersen. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't even fill up Arena, and that the intimacy of the tent would grant a much much better concert.
Kris Kristoffersen will now be a chill in the sun (hopefully) and half-listen, which might be cozy, but not really getting the most out of a great artist in my oppinion. Bobby Womack is completely of. Switch him to Arena now please! icon_smile.gif.

I would have cut 2-3 concerts on orange or if I had to replace them put names like Sigur Ros (I don't see why this can't work), or maybe another night-party with Crystal Castles.

Written on: 10.06.2013 13:26
Christian Forslund
I had expected Crystal Castles to play a night concert at Orange, since it sounds like the kind of band and party they want for their late Orane concerts and they also seem big enough to play there.

I don't get the concept with a headliner playing at Arena when the biggest headliner play at Orange, but they are doing it for the theird year in a row, and it's by far the clash most complain about. I know the argument is that some bands doesn't fit orange, but if they can draw 30000 audience or more they should play there anyway.

But the test is whether the concerts at Orange works. In 2011 there seemed to be a few concerts which didn't match Orange like Mastodon and Ravonettes, while the scene seemed to be filled much better last year with succesful last year with succesful subliners like Magtens Korridorer, Gossip and Malk De Kojn. Hopefully there will not be any empty concerts at Orange this year.
Written on: 10.06.2013 14:10
Mr. Monster
Jonathan Søgaard wrote:

Metallica aside. Shouldn't we discuss the names on the orange stage now they are official.

Generally many fine orange concerts, BUT I'm really puzzled about e.g. Bobby Womack and Kris Kristoffersen. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't even fill up Arena, and that the intimacy of the tent would grant a much much better concert.
Kris Kristoffersen will now be a chill in the sun (hopefully) and half-listen, which might be cozy, but not really getting the most out of a great artist in my oppinion. Bobby Womack is completely of. Switch him to Arena now please! icon_smile.gif.

I would have cut 2-3 concerts on orange or if I had to replace them put names like Sigur Ros (I don't see why this can't work), or maybe another night-party with Crystal Castles.

I absolutely agree. I was so sad when I saw these two being scheduled for Orange as I was really looking forward to these shows.

The worst is Kris Kristofferson. One mand, a guitar, a lot of story telling, and a rusty voice. In order for this to work you need intimate settings.

I can't see this work on Orange at all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmeQxiaypP8

Bobby Womack probably works better as the nature of the music get out of the stage better, but Cosmopol is the obvious choice.
Written on: 10.06.2013 14:37
Jonathan Søgaard
Mr. Monster wrote:

I absolutely agree. I was so sad when I saw these two being scheduled for Orange as I was really looking forward to these shows.

The worst is Kris Kristofferson. One mand, a guitar, a lot of story telling, and a rusty voice. In order for this to work you need intimate settings.

I can't see this work on Orange at all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmeQxiaypP8

Bobby Womack probably works better as the nature of the music get out of the stage better, but Cosmopol is the obvious choice.

Cosmopol might be a bit too small, but I actually don't know how many who actually know and prioritize Bobby Womack.

Yeah I was thinking about the rusty voice as well. These old men need a tent and an atmosphere with a few thousand committed spectators. That could really have created some magical concerts. Now the concerts will be 'ok good' at best I fear.
Written on: 10.06.2013 14:44
gixbit
Jonathan Søgaard wrote:

Mr. Monster wrote:

Cosmopol might be a bit too small, but I actually don't know how many who actually know and prioritize Bobby Womack.

Yeah I was thinking about the rusty voice as well. These old men need a tent and an atmosphere with a few thousand committed spectators. That could really have created some magical concerts. Now the concerts will be 'ok good' at best I fear.

Can't agree more. Bobby Womack is definetely on the wrong stage. He should be at Arena just as Solomon Burke was a few years back. That was a great concert who wouldn't have worked at orange. Strange decision Roskilde!

And of course Kris Kristoffer is just as strange. Even if i can se it work a litte better than Womack.
Written on: 10.06.2013 15:12
Wallu
gixbit wrote:

Jonathan Søgaard wrote:

Mr. Monster wrote:

Can't agree more. Bobby Womack is definetely on the wrong stage. He should be at Arena just as Solomon Burke was a few years back. That was a great concert who wouldn't have worked at orange. Strange decision Roskilde!

And of course Kris Kristoffer is just as strange. Even if i can se it work a litte better than Womack.

I´d rather see Of Monsters Men playing Orange and Bobby Womack on Arena if this is a schedule thing. And I agree with gixbit that Kris Kristofferson might work better on Orange, but not Bobby Womack. And damn, I would´ve loved to see Solomon Burke in Roskilde.
Written on: 10.06.2013 16:13
gixbit
Wallu wrote:

gixbit wrote:

Jonathan Søgaard wrote:

Mr. Monster wrote:

I´d rather see Of Monsters Men playing Orange and Bobby Womack on Arena if this is a schedule thing. And I agree with gixbit that Kris Kristofferson might work better on Orange, but not Bobby Womack. And damn, I would´ve loved to see Solomon Burke in Roskilde.

Wallu: Solomon Burke was fantastic! I guess it was 2008. He never wanted to stop. In the end the stageworkers let the big curtains fall before he was finished. But he and the band continued anyway. Then they plugged out the electricity. The show was over. I (and many others) loved every minute.

I hade hopes for something similar with Bobby Woamck. I'm still hoping and beliving it will be good on orange but the it's surely not the right stage. Soul music needs intimacy and that's really not what orange stage is about.
Written on: 10.06.2013 16:42
Wallu
gixbit wrote:

Wallu wrote:

gixbit wrote:

Jonathan Søgaard wrote:

Mr. Monster wrote:

Wallu: Solomon Burke was fantastic! I guess it was 2008. He never wanted to stop. In the end the stageworkers let the big curtains fall before he was finished. But he and the band continued anyway. Then they plugged out the electricity. The show was over. I (and many others) loved every minute.

I hade hopes for something similar with Bobby Woamck. I'm still hoping and beliving it will be good on orange but the it's surely not the right stage. Soul music needs intimacy and that's really not what orange stage is about.

Ahhh, salt to my wounds... icon_biggrin.gif Of all the shows I missed in 2005-2008 for not going, this is one I regret maybe the most (there are many, of course). Great man, RIP.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 10.06.2013 at 16:43.]
Written on: 11.06.2013 09:43
Classic rock dude!
Bobby Womack isn't really deep soul music like Burke though. There's a difference in my book
Written on: 11.06.2013 15:33
Wallu
gixbit wrote:

Jonathan Søgaard wrote:

Mr. Monster wrote:

Another strange decision on that Bobby Womack scheduling is that everyone who wants to see Rokia Traore would probably wanna see BW too, and now they´re playing half an hour apart. Hopefully it won´t be an empty Odeon at the end of Rokia Traore as she´s amazing live.
Written on: 12.06.2013 11:17
Wallu
NOOOOOOO!!!! The worst clash of the festival got a lot worse as they switched Ondatropica to play at exact same time as Sigur Rós and Chelsea Light Moving..... I was getting a bit used to the the idea that I´ll have to miss Sigur Rós or CLM, but now I just might have to skip both. Cruel, cruel decision.

Are there any other changes in schedule that I don´t see? (I know Bixiga 70 took Ondatropica´s spot on Friday)
Written on: 12.06.2013 12:00
Ruslabox
I haven't spotted any but they say they've moved some bands half an hour.
Written on: 12.06.2013 12:23
Jonathan Søgaard
Wallu wrote:

NOOOOOOO!!!! The worst clash of the festival got a lot worse as they switched Ondatropica to play at exact same time as Sigur Rós and Chelsea Light Moving..... I was getting a bit used to the the idea that I´ll have to miss Sigur Rós or CLM, but now I just might have to skip both. Cruel, cruel decision.

Are there any other changes in schedule that I don´t see? (I know Bixiga 70 took Ondatropica´s spot on Friday)

It actually improves my situation. Wuhuu icon_smile.gif. Sigur Ros back on the menu, and I get to see 1,5 hour Metallica (loosing Ondatropica, but I can live with that)
Written on: 12.06.2013 12:29
Niceone
Wallu wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

First I saw that Bixiga 70 had been moved, and was pleased, but then realised that my Sigur Ros-experience was nowhere near saved. Dammit Roskilde! Switch Odatropica with Truls or someting. There are just too many hotspots around midnight on saturday.

If you are not into heavy, the highlights of this years lineup are few and far between (IMO). But still RF manage to put several of them into the exact same timeslot. Sigh!

Written on: 12.06.2013 12:57
MasterMaster
Thrilled that they have pushed Sigur Ros back an hour! Now I'll be able to see the whole Metallica show, and still catch a lot of SRicon_smile.gif Although I guess Arena will be packed.
Written on: 12.06.2013 17:52
Fjellaben
Wallu wrote:

Horrible move for me aswell. Guessing Metallica not even finished with their set before Ondatropica show is almost over. icon_cry.gif

The only other changes I could find was Mykki Blanco moved by 30 mins (from 2130 to 2200) on Pavilion stage Thursday night and Sigur Ros moved by 30 mins (from 2330 to 2400) on Arena Saturday night.
Written on: 12.06.2013 18:35
I Like Turtles
Think it's pretty cool that they altered the timeslot a bit. Half an hour more of Sigur Ros than expected. Thanks!

Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…