Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

2014 Schedule


Author Message
Written on: 24.03.2014 15:27
Mr. Monster
Posts: 944
The Rolling Stones and Outkast are playing Thursday (as you all know by now)

http://www.facebook.com/orangefeeling/posts/10152222937776708?stream_ref=10
Written on: 24.03.2014 15:39
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
You can also add Arctic Monkeys for Saturday.


They are at Rock Werchter Friday and Volt Festival Sunday, and when both RS and Outkast are performing Thursday its save to assume that Arctic will not perform Thursday and instead perform Saturday.

http://www.arcticmonkeys.com/gigs.php
Written on: 24.03.2014 15:50
Mr. Monster
Posts: 944
Bongo Anders wrote:

You can also add Arctic Monkeys for Saturday.


They are at Rock Werchter Friday and Volt Festival Sunday, and when both RS and Outkast are performing Thursday its save to assume that Arctic will not perform Thursday and instead perform Saturday.

http://www.arcticmonkeys.com/gigs.php


Good point!

I thought about removing Interpol from Thursday with the same argument. Can we be 100% sure they are playing Orange?
Written on: 24.03.2014 15:53
Coldblooded
Posts: 1229
Mr. Monster wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

You can also add Arctic Monkeys for Saturday.


They are at Rock Werchter Friday and Volt Festival Sunday, and when both RS and Outkast are performing Thursday its save to assume that Arctic will not perform Thursday and instead perform Saturday.

http://www.arcticmonkeys.com/gigs.php


Good point!

I thought about removing Interpol from Thursday with the same argument. Can we be 100% sure they are playing Orange?

I see Interpol as more of an Arena name. They're nowhere near as popular now as they were with 'Turn On the Bright Lights'.
Written on: 24.03.2014 16:54
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
Its a hard one but what we know for sure is this.


They will be at Open´er on Wednesday

http://opener.pl/en/Artists?stage=37


Then Rock Werchter on Sunday.

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/line-up/sunday


So anything between Thursday and Saturday, so you can safely remove them from the Thursday schedule until something else is announced.


Their schedule says the 3rd but like their other festival dates its just the start of the festival.

http://www.interpolnyc.com/shows/


But the news says 3-6 July

http://www.interpolnyc.com/news/





[This article was edited 1 times, at last 24.03.2014 at 16:55.]
Written on: 25.03.2014 12:06
permanden
Posts: 29
Does anybody think that they will do the Bon Iver/Bruce Springsteen-stunt, and put Outkast on Arena, while Rolling Stones are playing on Orange?

I guess none of them will be the opening act, and it is fairly seldom that there have been 2 big acts on Orange Thursday (except the special acts after midnight)
Written on: 25.03.2014 12:29
Christian Forslund
Posts: 342
permanden wrote:

Does anybody think that they will do the Bon Iver/Bruce Springsteen-stunt, and put Outkast on Arena, while Rolling Stones are playing on Orange?

I guess none of them will be the opening act, and it is fairly seldom that there have been 2 big acts on Orange Thursday (except the special acts after midnight)

I would guess that Rolling Stones will get the mainspot on Orange (starting around 22) while Outkast will play at 01 in the night, since they fit the type of the late night acts and with Prodigy they have put bands the size of Outkast on the late night spot before.

Interpol could be the opening act on Arena on thursday, since they usually have big names there and the opening act on Orange usually really isn't a crowd pleaser. But they have the size to play Orange,so playing there on friday as the second band could also make good sense.

Hopefully Rolling Stones and Interpol will not play at the same time.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 25.03.2014 at 12:31.]
Written on: 25.03.2014 12:30
Jesper EH
Posts: 59
permanden wrote:

Does anybody think that they will do the Bon Iver/Bruce Springsteen-stunt, and put Outkast on Arena, while Rolling Stones are playing on Orange?

I guess none of them will be the opening act, and it is fairly seldom that there have been 2 big acts on Orange Thursday (except the special acts after midnight)


I thought the exact same thing, but i'm not sure. Outcast seems like a bigger name than Bon Iver.
I would hope so, because if we have to get an opening act on Orange + Rolling Stones + Outcast, the Rolling Stones concert can't be more than a couple of hours.
Written on: 25.03.2014 13:32
DukeofDK
Posts: 123
Jesper EH wrote:

permanden wrote:

Does anybody think that they will do the Bon Iver/Bruce Springsteen-stunt, and put Outkast on Arena, while Rolling Stones are playing on Orange?

I guess none of them will be the opening act, and it is fairly seldom that there have been 2 big acts on Orange Thursday (except the special acts after midnight)


I thought the exact same thing, but i'm not sure. Outcast seems like a bigger name than Bon Iver.
I would hope so, because if we have to get an opening act on Orange + Rolling Stones + Outcast, the Rolling Stones concert can't be more than a couple of hours.


If I'm not mistaken, The Rolling Stones usually plays around 100 minutes pr. concert; we're not looking at a Springsteen/Macca/Cure-length set

I think it is very possible to have an opening act, then the Stones at 22, followed by Outkast at 01.
Written on: 25.03.2014 14:19
Coldblooded
Posts: 1229
DukeofDK wrote:

Jesper EH wrote:

permanden wrote:

Does anybody think that they will do the Bon Iver/Bruce Springsteen-stunt, and put Outkast on Arena, while Rolling Stones are playing on Orange?

I guess none of them will be the opening act, and it is fairly seldom that there have been 2 big acts on Orange Thursday (except the special acts after midnight)


I thought the exact same thing, but i'm not sure. Outcast seems like a bigger name than Bon Iver.
I would hope so, because if we have to get an opening act on Orange + Rolling Stones + Outcast, the Rolling Stones concert can't be more than a couple of hours.


If I'm not mistaken, The Rolling Stones usually plays around 100 minutes pr. concert; we're not looking at a Springsteen/Macca/Cure-length set

I think it is very possible to have an opening act, then the Stones at 22, followed by Outkast at 01.

Not only is THAT possible, it's also possible without having to resort to a 01.00 slot.

It's only the most recent years where there has been this huge gap between the opener and the second act on Orange Stage.

In 2009 for example you had:
18.00 Petter
19.45 Volbeat
22.15 Kanye West

In 2007:
18.00 Volbeat
20.00 The Killers
22.00 Björk

2006:
18.00 Magtens Korridorer
19.30 Bullet for My Valentine
21.00 G'n'R

And so on. It's possible to do a more compressed programme at Orange Stage, if they really want to. Thus, they'd be able to fit Outkast in between the opener and Stones, allowing the latter for a more lengthy set.
Written on: 25.03.2014 16:44
Christian Forslund
Posts: 342
Why can't Outkast play at night, the big hiphop and electronic names usually do (I would expect Trentemøller and Majjor Lazar to get the other night spots on Orange). And Outkast is too big a name to just be 'fitted in' as many probably see them as the best name on RF so far.
Written on: 25.03.2014 21:47
Christian Forslund
Posts: 342
permanden wrote:

Does anybody think that they will do the Bon Iver/Bruce Springsteen-stunt, and put Outkast on Arena, while Rolling Stones are playing on Orange?

I guess none of them will be the opening act, and it is fairly seldom that there have been 2 big acts on Orange Thursday (except the special acts after midnight)

They will not do the Bon Iver/Brucespringsteen-stunt, since they just confirmed on Facebook, that both bands will play at Orange.
Written on: 25.03.2014 22:31
I Like Turtles
Posts: 760
A bit worried about the Interpol-gig now..
Written on: 25.03.2014 23:20
Jonathan Søgaard
Posts: 99
I Like Turtles wrote:

A bit worried about the Interpol-gig now..


Me too. A lot actually. My top 3 acts so far all playing thursday. OUCH!

If they really are intended to play thursday it looks like Arena (which is nice!), but unless it's at the same time as the opening act on orange this is pretty bad news as it will be at the same time as Rolling or Outkast. How can the program have clashes already !!! icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 26.03.2014 08:03
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
Notice that the Interpol date is most likely a placeholder, their other festival date is also on the first day of the festival so unless they gonna play on the first day of every festival they attend I think that they gonna perform Friday or Saturday (they are at Werchter Sunday).

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 26.03.2014 at 08:04.]
Written on: 26.03.2014 11:33
Jonathan Søgaard
Posts: 99
Bongo Anders wrote:

Notice that the Interpol date is most likely a placeholder, their other festival date is also on the first day of the festival so unless they gonna play on the first day of every festival they attend I think that they gonna perform Friday or Saturday (they are at Werchter Sunday).


Thanks. That's good news. I still hope they put Interpol on Arena though (but I'm quite sure it wont happen)
Written on: 26.03.2014 11:41
I Like Turtles
Posts: 760
Jonathan Søgaard wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

Notice that the Interpol date is most likely a placeholder, their other festival date is also on the first day of the festival so unless they gonna play on the first day of every festival they attend I think that they gonna perform Friday or Saturday (they are at Werchter Sunday).


Thanks. That's good news. I still hope they put Interpol on Arena though (but I'm quite sure it wont happen)

Hoping for an afternoon gig at Orange, just so I'm sure thy won't clash with OutKast, Rolling Stones, Arctic etc..
Written on: 27.03.2014 13:37
DukeofDK
Posts: 123
I Like Turtles wrote:

Jonathan Søgaard wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

Notice that the Interpol date is most likely a placeholder, their other festival date is also on the first day of the festival so unless they gonna play on the first day of every festival they attend I think that they gonna perform Friday or Saturday (they are at Werchter Sunday).


Thanks. That's good news. I still hope they put Interpol on Arena though (but I'm quite sure it wont happen)

Hoping for an afternoon gig at Orange, just so I'm sure thy won't clash with OutKast, Rolling Stones, Arctic etc..


Personally, I'm hoping for a Friday night Arena-show, or something similar. The intimacy and darkness of that scene would be much more suited for them, and didn't they "only" play Arena the last time around?
Written on: 30.03.2014 16:38
MFC
Posts: 13
Chance the Rapper is playing 3.7 (only free date, because is in Wireless Festival 4-5th and in Woo Hah! Festival 6th)
Earl Sweatshirt is playing 3.7 (only free date, because is in Wireless Festival 4-5th and in Woo Hah! Festival 6th)
James Holden is playing 4.7(http://www.jamesholden.org/)

Pusha T is not playing 5.7, because is in Opener Festival that day.
Moderat is not playing 4.7 or 5.7, because is in Pitch Festival and Rock Werchter those days.
Lykke Li is not playing 4.7 or 6.7, because is in Opener Festival and Rock Werchter those days.
Warpaint is not playing 3.7 or 5.7, because is in Rock Werchter and Opener Festival those days.
Interpol is not playing 3.7 or 6.7, because they have own gig in Leipzig 3.7 and are in Rock Werchter 6.7 (3.7 is not yet confirmed, because I found that day from last.fm and it's not in bands own webpage or events page yet).
Kasabian is not playing 3.7 or 5.7, because is in Moct Festival and Svoy Festival in those days.
Psyched Up Janis is not playing 3.7, because is in Nibe Festival that day.
Trentemøller is not playing 5.7, because is in Rock Werchter that day.
Haim is not playing 5.7, because is in Rock Werchter that day.
Kavinsky is not playing 4.7, because is in Beauregard festival that day.
Written on: 03.04.2014 21:44
DukeofDK
Posts: 123
Deftones has written on their Facebook-page that they will be playing the 4th of July.
Written on: 03.04.2014 22:48
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1154
What is your guess for Orange stage acts.


Mine looks like this

Thursday

18:00 Klumben Og Raske Penge
20:30 Rolling Stones
00:00 Outkast

Bastille will then be the pressure reliever on Arena when The Stones enters the orange stage

Friday

17:00 Deftones
19:30 Damon Albarn
22:30 Rob Zombie
01:00 Trentemøller

Saturday

17:00 Interpol
19:30 Mano Chau (or reversed with Skambankt)
22:30 Arctic Monkeys
01:00 Major Lazer


Sunday

15:00 Skambankt
17:30 Kasabian (or friday instead of Rob Zombie/Deftones who then will play at Arena)
19:30 Drake
22:00 Stevie Wonder


Notes:

Batille only has Thursday free

Interpol has Thursday, Friday and Saturday free and I don´t think that both Bastille and Interpol will be at Arena Thursday.


Manu Chao and Skambankt has no dates announced

Drake has Thursday and Sunday free

Stevie Wonder is in Norway Saturday.

All the other dates has been (semi)confirmed by Roskilde or the bands.


[This article was edited 3 times, at last 03.04.2014 at 22:58.]
Written on: 03.04.2014 23:52
gixbit
Posts: 274
Mogwai and Darkside both play friday 4th july according to their facebook and homepages.
Written on: 04.04.2014 00:23
Jonathan Søgaard
Posts: 99
Bongo Anders wrote:

What is your guess for Orange stage acts.


Mine looks like this

Thursday

18:00 Klumben Og Raske Penge
20:30 Rolling Stones
00:00 Outkast

Bastille will then be the pressure reliever on Arena when The Stones enters the orange stage

Friday

17:00 Deftones
19:30 Damon Albarn
22:30 Rob Zombie
01:00 Trentemøller

Saturday

17:00 Interpol
19:30 Mano Chau (or reversed with Skambankt)
22:30 Arctic Monkeys
01:00 Major Lazer


Sunday

15:00 Skambankt
17:30 Kasabian (or friday instead of Rob Zombie/Deftones who then will play at Arena)
19:30 Drake
22:00 Stevie Wonder


Notes:

Batille only has Thursday free

Interpol has Thursday, Friday and Saturday free and I don´t think that both Bastille and Interpol will be at Arena Thursday.


Manu Chao and Skambankt has no dates announced

Drake has Thursday and Sunday free

Stevie Wonder is in Norway Saturday.

All the other dates has been (semi)confirmed by Roskilde or the bands.



Looks good, BUT Roskilde said somewhere that at least 1 of the headliners will be on Arena. I can't see who else should play orange though...
Written on: 04.04.2014 09:02
Jonathan Søgaard
Posts: 99
Maybe we could see Psyched Up Janis on orange? And Damon Albarn on Arena?

Hopefully we get 1-2 more orange names. I don't really like having Interpol and Manu Chao on the biggest stage
Written on: 04.04.2014 09:11
Kong Gulerod
Posts: 467
Jonathan Søgaard wrote:

Maybe we could see Psyched Up Janis on orange? And Damon Albarn on Arena?


I am pretty sure Psyched Up Janis will play Orange.

I think either Drake og Major Lazer will be the headliner playing on Arena...


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…