D
    H
    M
    S
until Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27 June to 4 July

Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Are the Apollo-people satisfied?


Author Message
Written on: 20.04.2012 00:52
Ruslabox
Posts: 168
Well well, it seems a lot of people are not satisfied about the lineup this year, perhaps even more than the usual dissatisfaction. I, as a mainly electronic listener, however, am VERY pleased with this years poster so far, counting at least 15 must-see acts. Here's a couple:

Martyn: Dutch producer beautifully blending house, techno and dubstep into his very own genre.

Modeselektor: Gonna be one big crazy monkey-party. Their latest album is packed with dancfloor-destroying smashers.

Pretty Lights: Biggest surprise for me this year, had no clue he would join. As his name says he carries with him an arsenal of lazers and fancy lights which match his broad, audience-friendly mash-up sample-hiphop.

Rangleklods: Well, well, well... Rangleklods playing during the actual festival days? Pleasant surprise also! I'll definitely be there!

Commix: Okay forget about PL or Rangleklods being big surprises - How the hell did this happen??? Commix split up in march... but RF brought them back together? Holy **** that is going to be one hell of a night - were talking about some of DnB's most influential artists here!

Addison Groove: Nice to see some real, pure, funky dubstep also.

Blondes: Amazing! saw them at a small club in Copenhagen in march, and they really rocked the place! House music revitalized!

Paul kalkbrenner: Orange or Arena? icon_biggrin.gif

Am I the only party-freak out there who's completely psyched about these guys? Tell me what you think!




[This article was edited 2 times, at last 20.04.2012 at 00:54.]
Written on: 20.04.2012 01:41
Chopster
Posts: 2
I really agree! Norway also has some nice artists to offer on this front, I really look forward to 120 days and Vaagsbygd Handy!
Written on: 20.04.2012 08:02
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1155
Amsterdance with Jesse Voorn and co. looks very goooooooood.
Written on: 20.04.2012 08:15
Ruslabox
Posts: 168
Chopster wrote:

I really agree! Norway also has some nice artists to offer on this front, I really look forward to 120 days and Vaagsbygd Handy!


Indeed! I had no idea what i was in for when i typed them into youtube randomly. Really fascinating i must say, definitely a must see for me!
Written on: 20.04.2012 10:08
Macho
Posts: 153
Somewhat satisfied although I will always wish for more electronic acts. What about some high profile dj's?

Richie Hawtin
Carl Craig
Marcell Dettmann
Steffi
Prosumer
Villalobos
... or something like that
Written on: 21.04.2012 03:36
Ruslabox
Posts: 168
Macho wrote:

Somewhat satisfied although I will always wish for more electronic acts. What about some high profile dj's?

Richie Hawtin
Carl Craig
Marcell Dettmann
Steffi
Prosumer
Villalobos
... or something like that


Those would be quite great to see at Roskilde although i believe they have covered the DJ-aspect of the line-up with the Amsterdance-event and thus are not inteding on bringing anymore DJs to this year's festival...
Written on: 21.04.2012 15:57
Macho
Posts: 153
Ruslabox wrote:

Macho wrote:

Somewhat satisfied although I will always wish for more electronic acts. What about some high profile dj's?

Richie Hawtin
Carl Craig
Marcell Dettmann
Steffi
Prosumer
Villalobos
... or something like that


Those would be quite great to see at Roskilde although i believe they have covered the DJ-aspect of the line-up with the Amsterdance-event and thus are not inteding on bringing anymore DJs to this year's festival...


You're probably right...
Written on: 22.04.2012 12:36
Ruslabox
Posts: 168
Macho wrote:

Ruslabox wrote:

Macho wrote:

Somewhat satisfied although I will always wish for more electronic acts. What about some high profile dj's?

Richie Hawtin
Carl Craig
Marcell Dettmann
Steffi
Prosumer
Villalobos
... or something like that


Those would be quite great to see at Roskilde although i believe they have covered the DJ-aspect of the line-up with the Amsterdance-event and thus are not inteding on bringing anymore DJs to this year's festival...


You're probably right...


Although Carl Craig could bring his revitalized 69 moniker, but I don't know if he's touring at the time though..
Written on: 22.04.2012 19:43
Bongo Anders
Posts: 1155

Here is a little bit of information about the new Apollo stage, for those of you that can´t read danish it simply says that the capacity is 5.000, its a outdoor stage and that Paul Kalkbrenner will play at Apollo!!!!!!!
But that information can´t be right because i think we will see a situation just like Fedde Le Grand at the old Astoria stage where the concert was cancelled because the tent was small.


http://ibyen.dk/fokus/roskildefestival/ECE1601947/roskildes-nye-scene-bliver-mobil/
Written on: 22.04.2012 19:47
Lord Beef Jerky
Posts: 1507
Bongo Anders wrote:

its a outdoor stage and that Paul Kalkbrenner will play at Apollo!!!!!!!
But that information can´t be right because i think we will see a situation just like Fedde Le Grand at the old Astoria stage where the concert was cancelled because the tent was small.



Depends what's playing at the other stages. I'd probably put him at Apollo and one of the big rock bands at Orange at the same time if I were Roskilde.
Written on: 22.04.2012 20:04
Coldblooded
Posts: 1229
I'd take information from Politiken with a grain of salt. They've been wrong before about logistic details like this.
Written on: 22.04.2012 20:06
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

its a outdoor stage and that Paul Kalkbrenner will play at Apollo!!!!!!!
But that information can´t be right because i think we will see a situation just like Fedde Le Grand at the old Astoria stage where the concert was cancelled because the tent was small.



Depends what's playing at the other stages. I'd probably put him at Apollo and one of the big rock bands at Orange at the same time if I were Roskilde.


Yeah, but it is a lack of understanding and knowledge not to put him on Orange, didn't you know icon_wink.gif
Written on: 22.04.2012 20:09
Coldblooded
Posts: 1229
Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

its a outdoor stage and that Paul Kalkbrenner will play at Apollo!!!!!!!
But that information can´t be right because i think we will see a situation just like Fedde Le Grand at the old Astoria stage where the concert was cancelled because the tent was small.



Depends what's playing at the other stages. I'd probably put him at Apollo and one of the big rock bands at Orange at the same time if I were Roskilde.


Yeah, but it is a lack of understanding and knowledge not to put him on Orange, didn't you know icon_wink.gif

Metadiscussing now... Maybe it was clumsily worded by Macho, but you've got to admit that putting a subheadliner on a smaller stage than one of the two biggest would be weird.
Written on: 22.04.2012 20:14
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Coldblooded wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

its a outdoor stage and that Paul Kalkbrenner will play at Apollo!!!!!!!
But that information can´t be right because i think we will see a situation just like Fedde Le Grand at the old Astoria stage where the concert was cancelled because the tent was small.



Depends what's playing at the other stages. I'd probably put him at Apollo and one of the big rock bands at Orange at the same time if I were Roskilde.


Yeah, but it is a lack of understanding and knowledge not to put him on Orange, didn't you know icon_wink.gif

Metadiscussing now... Maybe it was clumsily worded by Macho, but you've got to admit that putting a subheadliner on a smaller stage than one of the two biggest would be weird.


Only if they have big electronic acts on the bill, which they don't. So they need one name in the big print. It's not unusual for headliners to play arena, and I think that goes for subliners not playing Arena but smaller venues.
Written on: 22.04.2012 20:19
Lord Beef Jerky
Posts: 1507
Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

its a outdoor stage and that Paul Kalkbrenner will play at Apollo!!!!!!!
But that information can´t be right because i think we will see a situation just like Fedde Le Grand at the old Astoria stage where the concert was cancelled because the tent was small.



Depends what's playing at the other stages. I'd probably put him at Apollo and one of the big rock bands at Orange at the same time if I were Roskilde.


Yeah, but it is a lack of understanding and knowledge not to put him on Orange, didn't you know icon_wink.gif

Metadiscussing now... Maybe it was clumsily worded by Macho, but you've got to admit that putting a subheadliner on a smaller stage than one of the two biggest would be weird.


Only if they have big electronic acts on the bill, which they don't. So they need one name in the big print. It's not unusual for headliners to play arena, and I think that goes for subliners not playing Arena but smaller venues.


True that! I'm really hoping they're gonna put Bon Iver on Arena for sure. Might be crowded, but that stage would fit the music better than Orange.
Written on: 22.04.2012 20:33
Coldblooded
Posts: 1229
Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

its a outdoor stage and that Paul Kalkbrenner will play at Apollo!!!!!!!
But that information can´t be right because i think we will see a situation just like Fedde Le Grand at the old Astoria stage where the concert was cancelled because the tent was small.



Depends what's playing at the other stages. I'd probably put him at Apollo and one of the big rock bands at Orange at the same time if I were Roskilde.


Yeah, but it is a lack of understanding and knowledge not to put him on Orange, didn't you know icon_wink.gif

Metadiscussing now... Maybe it was clumsily worded by Macho, but you've got to admit that putting a subheadliner on a smaller stage than one of the two biggest would be weird.


Only if they have big electronic acts on the bill, which they don't. So they need one name in the big print. It's not unusual for headliners to play arena, and I think that goes for subliners not playing Arena but smaller venues.

I get your point, but I think that Kalkbrenner could easily pull a crowd double or triple of the amount of people Apollo can take. He also headlines the Berlin Festival and Exit Festival this summer.
Written on: 22.04.2012 20:44
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

its a outdoor stage and that Paul Kalkbrenner will play at Apollo!!!!!!!
But that information can´t be right because i think we will see a situation just like Fedde Le Grand at the old Astoria stage where the concert was cancelled because the tent was small.



Depends what's playing at the other stages. I'd probably put him at Apollo and one of the big rock bands at Orange at the same time if I were Roskilde.


Yeah, but it is a lack of understanding and knowledge not to put him on Orange, didn't you know icon_wink.gif

Metadiscussing now... Maybe it was clumsily worded by Macho, but you've got to admit that putting a subheadliner on a smaller stage than one of the two biggest would be weird.


Only if they have big electronic acts on the bill, which they don't. So they need one name in the big print. It's not unusual for headliners to play arena, and I think that goes for subliners not playing Arena but smaller venues.


True that! I'm really hoping they're gonna put Bon Iver on Arena for sure. Might be crowded, but that stage would fit the music better than Orange.


Agree with that for sure, but I highly doubt it will happen. How many bands are suited for Orange this year?

I can't even find 10. So... So I can't see it!
Written on: 22.04.2012 20:47
Macho
Posts: 153
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

its a outdoor stage and that Paul Kalkbrenner will play at Apollo!!!!!!!
But that information can´t be right because i think we will see a situation just like Fedde Le Grand at the old Astoria stage where the concert was cancelled because the tent was small.



Depends what's playing at the other stages. I'd probably put him at Apollo and one of the big rock bands at Orange at the same time if I were Roskilde.


Yeah, but it is a lack of understanding and knowledge not to put him on Orange, didn't you know icon_wink.gif

Metadiscussing now... Maybe it was clumsily worded by Macho, but you've got to admit that putting a subheadliner on a smaller stage than one of the two biggest would be weird.


Only if they have big electronic acts on the bill, which they don't. So they need one name in the big print. It's not unusual for headliners to play arena, and I think that goes for subliners not playing Arena but smaller venues.


True that! I'm really hoping they're gonna put Bon Iver on Arena for sure. Might be crowded, but that stage would fit the music better than Orange.


Now i'm agreeing with you...what the fuck!?
Written on: 22.04.2012 20:47
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Coldblooded wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

its a outdoor stage and that Paul Kalkbrenner will play at Apollo!!!!!!!
But that information can´t be right because i think we will see a situation just like Fedde Le Grand at the old Astoria stage where the concert was cancelled because the tent was small.



Depends what's playing at the other stages. I'd probably put him at Apollo and one of the big rock bands at Orange at the same time if I were Roskilde.


Yeah, but it is a lack of understanding and knowledge not to put him on Orange, didn't you know icon_wink.gif

Metadiscussing now... Maybe it was clumsily worded by Macho, but you've got to admit that putting a subheadliner on a smaller stage than one of the two biggest would be weird.


Only if they have big electronic acts on the bill, which they don't. So they need one name in the big print. It's not unusual for headliners to play arena, and I think that goes for subliners not playing Arena but smaller venues.

I get your point, but I think that Kalkbrenner could easily pull a crowd double or triple of the amount of people Apollo can take. He also headlines the Berlin Festival and Exit Festival this summer.


Completely different entities to Roskilde and the guy is from Berlin for crying out loud!!!

http://www.exitfest.org/sr/lineup/lineup-2012 can't see him headlining here btw
Written on: 22.04.2012 20:48
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Macho wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

its a outdoor stage and that Paul Kalkbrenner will play at Apollo!!!!!!!
But that information can´t be right because i think we will see a situation just like Fedde Le Grand at the old Astoria stage where the concert was cancelled because the tent was small.



Depends what's playing at the other stages. I'd probably put him at Apollo and one of the big rock bands at Orange at the same time if I were Roskilde.


Yeah, but it is a lack of understanding and knowledge not to put him on Orange, didn't you know icon_wink.gif

Metadiscussing now... Maybe it was clumsily worded by Macho, but you've got to admit that putting a subheadliner on a smaller stage than one of the two biggest would be weird.


Only if they have big electronic acts on the bill, which they don't. So they need one name in the big print. It's not unusual for headliners to play arena, and I think that goes for subliners not playing Arena but smaller venues.


True that! I'm really hoping they're gonna put Bon Iver on Arena for sure. Might be crowded, but that stage would fit the music better than Orange.


Now i'm agreeing with you...what the fuck!?


The guy knows what he is talking about icon_wink.gif
Written on: 22.04.2012 21:00
Macho
Posts: 153
Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Macho wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

its a outdoor stage and that Paul Kalkbrenner will play at Apollo!!!!!!!
But that information can´t be right because i think we will see a situation just like Fedde Le Grand at the old Astoria stage where the concert was cancelled because the tent was small.



Depends what's playing at the other stages. I'd probably put him at Apollo and one of the big rock bands at Orange at the same time if I were Roskilde.


Yeah, but it is a lack of understanding and knowledge not to put him on Orange, didn't you know icon_wink.gif

Metadiscussing now... Maybe it was clumsily worded by Macho, but you've got to admit that putting a subheadliner on a smaller stage than one of the two biggest would be weird.


Only if they have big electronic acts on the bill, which they don't. So they need one name in the big print. It's not unusual for headliners to play arena, and I think that goes for subliners not playing Arena but smaller venues.


True that! I'm really hoping they're gonna put Bon Iver on Arena for sure. Might be crowded, but that stage would fit the music better than Orange.


Now i'm agreeing with you...what the fuck!?


The guy knows what he is talking about icon_wink.gif

At least once in a whileicon_wink.gif
Written on: 22.04.2012 21:03
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Macho wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Macho wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

its a outdoor stage and that Paul Kalkbrenner will play at Apollo!!!!!!!
But that information can´t be right because i think we will see a situation just like Fedde Le Grand at the old Astoria stage where the concert was cancelled because the tent was small.



Depends what's playing at the other stages. I'd probably put him at Apollo and one of the big rock bands at Orange at the same time if I were Roskilde.


Yeah, but it is a lack of understanding and knowledge not to put him on Orange, didn't you know icon_wink.gif

Metadiscussing now... Maybe it was clumsily worded by Macho, but you've got to admit that putting a subheadliner on a smaller stage than one of the two biggest would be weird.


Only if they have big electronic acts on the bill, which they don't. So they need one name in the big print. It's not unusual for headliners to play arena, and I think that goes for subliners not playing Arena but smaller venues.


True that! I'm really hoping they're gonna put Bon Iver on Arena for sure. Might be crowded, but that stage would fit the music better than Orange.


Now i'm agreeing with you...what the fuck!?


The guy knows what he is talking about icon_wink.gif

At least once in a whileicon_wink.gif


Most of the time. And you better agree with him and me. We are the next bookers for RF, don't you know? icon_wink.gif
Written on: 22.04.2012 21:05
Macho
Posts: 153
Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Macho wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Macho wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

its a outdoor stage and that Paul Kalkbrenner will play at Apollo!!!!!!!
But that information can´t be right because i think we will see a situation just like Fedde Le Grand at the old Astoria stage where the concert was cancelled because the tent was small.



Depends what's playing at the other stages. I'd probably put him at Apollo and one of the big rock bands at Orange at the same time if I were Roskilde.


Yeah, but it is a lack of understanding and knowledge not to put him on Orange, didn't you know icon_wink.gif

Metadiscussing now... Maybe it was clumsily worded by Macho, but you've got to admit that putting a subheadliner on a smaller stage than one of the two biggest would be weird.


Only if they have big electronic acts on the bill, which they don't. So they need one name in the big print. It's not unusual for headliners to play arena, and I think that goes for subliners not playing Arena but smaller venues.


True that! I'm really hoping they're gonna put Bon Iver on Arena for sure. Might be crowded, but that stage would fit the music better than Orange.


Now i'm agreeing with you...what the fuck!?


The guy knows what he is talking about icon_wink.gif

At least once in a whileicon_wink.gif


Most of the time. And you better agree with him and me. We are the next bookers for RF, don't you know? icon_wink.gif


Weirdo!
Written on: 22.04.2012 21:07
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Macho wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Macho wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Macho wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

its a outdoor stage and that Paul Kalkbrenner will play at Apollo!!!!!!!
But that information can´t be right because i think we will see a situation just like Fedde Le Grand at the old Astoria stage where the concert was cancelled because the tent was small.



Depends what's playing at the other stages. I'd probably put him at Apollo and one of the big rock bands at Orange at the same time if I were Roskilde.


Yeah, but it is a lack of understanding and knowledge not to put him on Orange, didn't you know icon_wink.gif

Metadiscussing now... Maybe it was clumsily worded by Macho, but you've got to admit that putting a subheadliner on a smaller stage than one of the two biggest would be weird.


Only if they have big electronic acts on the bill, which they don't. So they need one name in the big print. It's not unusual for headliners to play arena, and I think that goes for subliners not playing Arena but smaller venues.


True that! I'm really hoping they're gonna put Bon Iver on Arena for sure. Might be crowded, but that stage would fit the music better than Orange.


Now i'm agreeing with you...what the fuck!?


The guy knows what he is talking about icon_wink.gif

At least once in a whileicon_wink.gif


Most of the time. And you better agree with him and me. We are the next bookers for RF, don't you know? icon_wink.gif


Weirdo!


But entertaining icon_wink.gif
Written on: 22.04.2012 21:13
Coldblooded
Posts: 1229
Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Coldblooded wrote:

Robbie Fowler is God wrote:

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Bongo Anders wrote:

its a outdoor stage and that Paul Kalkbrenner will play at Apollo!!!!!!!
But that information can´t be right because i think we will see a situation just like Fedde Le Grand at the old Astoria stage where the concert was cancelled because the tent was small.



Depends what's playing at the other stages. I'd probably put him at Apollo and one of the big rock bands at Orange at the same time if I were Roskilde.


Yeah, but it is a lack of understanding and knowledge not to put him on Orange, didn't you know icon_wink.gif

Metadiscussing now... Maybe it was clumsily worded by Macho, but you've got to admit that putting a subheadliner on a smaller stage than one of the two biggest would be weird.


Only if they have big electronic acts on the bill, which they don't. So they need one name in the big print. It's not unusual for headliners to play arena, and I think that goes for subliners not playing Arena but smaller venues.

I get your point, but I think that Kalkbrenner could easily pull a crowd double or triple of the amount of people Apollo can take. He also headlines the Berlin Festival and Exit Festival this summer.


Completely different entities to Roskilde and the guy is from Berlin for crying out loud!!!

http://www.exitfest.org/sr/lineup/lineup-2012 can't see him headlining here btw


Sorry, my man. I fucked up this one. He was at Exit LAST YEAR, and it was at a subheadlining slot. I was mistaken, twice even. My point was just that he holds prominent spots in the posters of many festivals, not just Roskilde, and that he has earned it thoroughly instead of being a small-letter artist blown out of proportions, like you think.

He also subheadlines the Frequency Festival in St. Pölten and headlines the Erstorff Urban Art Forms Festival. And, yes, I KNOW these are also very different festivals from Roskilde, but I think a headlining slot next to Justice, who would be a definite Orange stage act if booked speaks volumes about the size of an artist, no matter what kind of comparable/non-comparable event it's at.

[This article was edited 3 times, at last 22.04.2012 at 21:15.]


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…