Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X

• Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Best lineup since 2010 already.

Written on: 28.02.2013 18:42
El Producto
Danny Brown, QOSA, Kendrick Lamar, Animal Collective, Kraftwerk, Sigur Ros, Dead Can Dance.

My inner music nerd is rejoycing.

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 28.02.2013 at 18:54.]
Written on: 28.02.2013 18:46
Rockmus
El Producto wrote:

Danny Brown, Kendrick Lamar, Animal Collective, Kraftwerk, Sigur Ros, Dead Can Dance.

I usually get really frustrated about these threads... but I pretty much agree - 2010 was wild though!
Written on: 28.02.2013 18:48
El Producto
Rockmus wrote:

El Producto wrote:

Danny Brown, Kendrick Lamar, Animal Collective, Kraftwerk, Sigur Ros, Dead Can Dance.

I usually get really frustrated about these threads... but I pretty much agree - 2010 was wild though!

Dunno what happened, maybe they finally decided to go back to listening to the vocal minority instead of the silent majority.
Written on: 28.02.2013 18:49
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
El Producto wrote:

And is just show how great the line up, when we can agree and only share 1 band (Kraftwerk)
Written on: 28.02.2013 18:52
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
El Producto wrote:

Rockmus wrote:

El Producto wrote:

Dunno what happened, maybe they finally decided to go back to listening to the vocal minority instead of the silent majority.

I am pretty sure that they are doing what they do every year, try to book the best bands out ther
Written on: 28.02.2013 19:20
Wallu
Not my year I have to say. Not that I´m complaining, already got 15-20 bands on my list (with 140 to go), just nothing really special. Loved 2010 and last year too. Need more Funk, Soul and funky World Music, maybe a brass band to make my feet move...

Mostly waiting for Goat, Savages and Dead Can Dance so far, maybe Synd og Skam, C2C for party. Pää Kii of course, but the last time I saw them they played in small basement for 50 people, way too hot, the sweat was dripping from the ceiling and they played much too loudly. So perfect setting for punk. As much as I wait to see them in RF, it´s kinda hard to top that.
Written on: 28.02.2013 19:51
Rockmus
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

El Producto wrote:

And is just show how great the line up, when we can agree and only share 1 band (Kraftwerk)

...And this is why Roskilde is better than most festivals - it has rooms for very diverse people (instead of Northside, who has room for a lot of clones of me)
Written on: 28.02.2013 22:52
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Wallu wrote:

Pää Kii of course, but the last time I saw them they played in small basement for 50 people, way too hot, the sweat was dripping from the ceiling and they played much too loudly. So perfect setting for punk. As much as I wait to see them in RF, it´s kinda hard to top that.

You will see the with me that will top it icon_razz.gif
Written on: 01.03.2013 09:05
Lord Beef Jerky
Great year indeed! The last two years have had mediocre line-up, which in Roskilde's history are the worst line-ups they've had for as long as I've been there (18 years and counting). I almost didn't go in 2011, but purchased my ticket when Portishead was announced. This year is something completely different. It consists almost entirely of quality within the different genres, and even though I'm only at 4 absolute must-sees, there's a lot I haven't listened to, and I'm probably gonna see all my might-sees as well.
Written on: 01.03.2013 13:36
Wallu
Rockmus wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

El Producto wrote:

...And this is why Roskilde is better than most festivals - it has rooms for very diverse people (instead of Northside, who has room for a lot of clones of me)

In versitality better than any festival, imo. You´ll usually get to see classy acts in so many different genres. Works for me (last year from Nasum to Julia Holter, enjoyed both). And the size (200 bands) guarantees that there´s always lots to see. So even if I wrote that this is maybe not my year, doesn´t mean that I´m not gonna be busy. You´ll need 30 bands to keep you going all day long for four days and that´s easy to find at this rate. It´s always the other way round - you´ll miss so many bands that they could be a festival on their own, and I´d still go for that. What can I say, just love it.

@Martin : If you´re right (and I do take your word for it), it´s gonna be a blast!! icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 01.03.2013 17:17
Ruslabox
I agree! Last year I went to 36 concert (including warmup days, but still...) and I was so wasted on monday that I promised myself not to do that again this year. But if the RF bookers keep the quality announcements comming at this pace I believe I'll have to break that promise. icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 02.03.2013 16:45
I Like Turtles
Ruslabox wrote:

I agree! Last year I went to 36 concert (including warmup days, but still...) and I was so wasted on monday that I promised myself not to do that again this year. But if the RF bookers keep the quality announcements comming at this pace I believe I'll have to break that promise. icon_biggrin.gif

I went to 29 concerts and I had to sit in line for Springsteen for 6,5 hours. And this year I probably won't have time to eat..
Written on: 03.03.2013 00:22
weiss
Quality metal-acts so best year since 2009! 2010 was a really bad year IMO.

This year it almost looks like a tiny version of Download Festival 2013 with:
Slipknot, Queens of the Stoneage and Volbeat as some of the major acts - and that is really great!

Kreator is my personal favorite this year though. Warbringer 2012 concert in major size!

Looking forward to Kreator, Slipknot, Queens, Volbeat, Hatebreed, Dillinger, Anaal Nathrakh, Kvelertak, Overthrow, Baby in Vain.

Now we just need some good rock n roll and some black metal and then we are all ready!
Written on: 04.03.2013 18:35
Rockmus
weiss wrote:

Slipknot, Queens of the Stoneage and Volbeat as some of the major acts - and that is really great!

Kreator is my personal favorite this year though. Warbringer 2012 concert in major size!

Looking forward to Kreator, Slipknot, Queens, Volbeat, Hatebreed, Dillinger, Anaal Nathrakh, Kvelertak, Overthrow, Baby in Vain.

Now we just need some good rock n roll and some black metal and then we are all ready!

What's your definiton of that? When I think of Rock 'n' Roll (as in the spirit) QotSA is one of the first bands to pop up. Is it a lack of rockabilly?
Written on: 04.03.2013 22:23
Saturnus
Rockmus wrote:
Is it a lack of rockabilly?

Would mind some rockabilly/psychobilly in the line-up. It's been ages since I was to such a concert.
Written on: 05.03.2013 01:29
Rockmus
Saturnus wrote:

Rockmus wrote:

Would mind some rockabilly/psychobilly in the line-up. It's been ages since I was to such a concert.

I don't think I've ever been to one - I will join You if we get the opportunity icon_smile.gif
Written on: 05.03.2013 09:57
Saturnus
Rockmus wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Rockmus wrote:

I don't think I've ever been to one - I will join You if we get the opportunity icon_smile.gif

Stray Cats farewell tour (with original line-up) visits Copenhagen in August. Tickets are already available. They are seen as the fathers of psychobilly although their music is more traditional rockabilly.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 05.03.2013 at 09:58.]
Written on: 05.03.2013 10:30
weiss
Rockmus wrote:

weiss wrote:

What's your definiton of that? When I think of Rock 'n' Roll (as in the spirit) QotSA is one of the first bands to pop up. Is it a lack of rockabilly?

Airbourne, Free Fall, Witchcraft, Bullet etc. there you go
Written on: 05.03.2013 12:49
Rockmus
weiss wrote:

Rockmus wrote:

weiss wrote:

Airbourne, Free Fall, Witchcraft, Bullet etc. there you go

thank you very much icon_smile.gif
Written on: 05.03.2013 14:04
Rockmus
Saturnus wrote:

Rockmus wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Rockmus wrote:

Stray Cats farewell tour (with original line-up) visits Copenhagen in August. Tickets are already available. They are seen as the fathers of psychobilly although their music is more traditional rockabilly.

Uhh... icon_smile.gif Sounds interesting
Written on: 05.03.2013 14:34
gixbit
Rockmus wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Rockmus wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Rockmus wrote:

There's alot of great rockabilly bands out there. It really time to book one. Haven't seen one at Roskilde in my 20 years there. It's great livemusic.

And I agree that we need more rock n roll (garagerock, hard rock, punkrock). Hopefully we will get some the coming weeks.
Written on: 05.03.2013 14:39
Wallu
gixbit wrote:

Rockmus wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Rockmus wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Rockmus wrote:

There's alot of great rockabilly bands out there. It really time to book one. Haven't seen one at Roskilde in my 20 years there. It's great livemusic.

And I agree that we need more rock n roll (garagerock, hard rock, punkrock). Hopefully we will get some the coming weeks.

Get Imelda May!!
Written on: 05.03.2013 16:27
Saturnus
Wallu wrote:

gixbit wrote:

Rockmus wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Rockmus wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Rockmus wrote:

Get Imelda May!!

I wasn't there in 1997 when I think was last time a rockabilly/psychobilly band played Roskilde (it was Nekromantix naturally).

Strange seeing that 2 of the biggest names in psychobilly, Nekromantix and Horrorpops, are in fact danish.

EDIT: Nekromantix are as it happens actually in Europe at the right time. They're playing Pineda in Spain July 6th.

[This article was edited 2 times, at last 05.03.2013 at 16:44.]
Written on: 06.03.2013 11:47
Kaneda
gixbit wrote:

Rockmus wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Rockmus wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Rockmus wrote:

Just showing up to say that I agree on both counts. icon_smile.gif

Oh, the "authoritative" list of psychobilly or semi-psychobilly at Roskilde (authoritative until someone notices someone I missed):

1990: The Cramps
1990: Mojo Nixon
1996: Southern Culture on the Skids
1997: Nekromantix

And I've only seen one of them.
Written on: 06.03.2013 12:00
Coldblooded
Regarding psychobilly, Powersolo has played twice at the festival. Could they be labeled as such? And how about Hank III? Tremolo Beer Gut opened the Orange stage in 2000, but they're definitely more surf than 'billy.

Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…