Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

Metallica


Author Message
Written on: 30.05.2013 14:03
MasterMaster
Posts: 1462
Saturnus wrote:

MasterMaster wrote:

YES!
A while since I have posted here, since I didn't go the Roskilde last year, and wasn't planning on going this year until a few days ago. This definitely decided it for me! Can't wait to sing/shot out my username in front of the Orange Stage!!


Better buy the ticket today if you haven't already. It's pay day today and tomorrow in Denmark, and with this being their only concert in Europe, expect sold-out over the weekend.


I'm buying it this evening icon_smile.gif Have to borrow cash from my roommate, so he'll book the ticket from me when he get's back from Uni later icon_smile.gif
Written on: 30.05.2013 14:05
Lord Beef Jerky
Posts: 1506
That makes it official. Best lineup since 1997!
Written on: 30.05.2013 14:18
Fabio86
Posts: 37
SlipKnot AND Metallica???!!! icon_eek.gif

My two all-time favorite metal-bands, so I couldn't have asked for a better line-up when it comes to this genre icon_biggrin.gif

And I'm so glad that I bought my ticket months ago, because I'm broke right now and I think the rest of the festival-tickets will be gone in just a matter of days after this booking!
Written on: 30.05.2013 14:46
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1265
DukeofDK wrote:

So, what do you think the setlist will be like?

Will we see a set with all the classics (Enter, Master, Fade, One, etc.) + maybe some new songs from their upcoming album? Or will it be an album-concert (like the Black Album last year, Ride the Lightning at Orion), or what would you imagine?


Classics + maybe a new song
Written on: 30.05.2013 14:56
I Like Turtles
Posts: 760
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

DukeofDK wrote:

So, what do you think the setlist will be like?

Will we see a set with all the classics (Enter, Master, Fade, One, etc.) + maybe some new songs from their upcoming album? Or will it be an album-concert (like the Black Album last year, Ride the Lightning at Orion), or what would you imagine?


Classics + maybe a new song

St. Anger from start to finish! Who's with me!? Anyone? No?
Written on: 30.05.2013 15:13
AC/DC
Posts: 1053
THIS IS BIG NEWS. ONE OF MY FAVORITE BANDS IS GOING TO PLAY ROSKILDE icon_cool.gif
Written on: 30.05.2013 15:28
Martin Horn Pedersen
Official RF person
Posts: 1265
AC/DC wrote:

THIS IS BIG NEWS. ONE OF MY FAVORITE BANDS IS GOING TO PLAY ROSKILDE icon_cool.gif


Have been wating all day for you to post icon_wink.gif
Written on: 30.05.2013 15:30
DukeofDK
Posts: 123
I Like Turtles wrote:

Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

DukeofDK wrote:

So, what do you think the setlist will be like?

Will we see a set with all the classics (Enter, Master, Fade, One, etc.) + maybe some new songs from their upcoming album? Or will it be an album-concert (like the Black Album last year, Ride the Lightning at Orion), or what would you imagine?


Classics + maybe a new song

St. Anger from start to finish! Who's with me!? Anyone? No?


I was hoping for Lulu, but yeah, St. Anger would be cool! icon_wink.gif


In honesty, I think my guess would be lots and lots of classics as well. That's what I'm hoping for. The afforementioned tracks, Creeping Death, Orion, and so many more!

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 30.05.2013 at 15:31.]
Written on: 30.05.2013 16:11
Kent Nielsen
Posts: 4
This is indeed fantastic! It has been very difficult to concentrate on work today after the one and only band was announced! Holy smoke I am looking forward to this like a little child icon_smile.gif

I was not really doubting weather Roskilde would sell all of their tickets or not, but this certainly speeds up the process. I think it will be sold out mid June at the latest.

2003 was my first Roskilde year - only because of Metallica. Though I afterwards found out how many other good bands played that year, I admit it: I ONLY saw Metallica that year. This year will be the sixth time I am so fortunate to experience my favourite band live. The concert in 2003 still is the best I have experienced and no matter what songs they will play I am sure this will be the best this year. The black grannylove flag will wave in respect and love for Metallica for sure icon_smile.gif
Written on: 30.05.2013 18:00
B.
Posts: 652
For me as well, Roskilde 2003 was my first Roskilde Festival and my first experience at a major festival stage. That Metallica performance is something I will never forget.
Written on: 30.05.2013 18:00
AC/DC
Posts: 1053
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

AC/DC wrote:

THIS IS BIG NEWS. ONE OF MY FAVORITE BANDS IS GOING TO PLAY ROSKILDE icon_cool.gif


Have been wating all day for you to post icon_wink.gif


Hehe icon_biggrin.gif
Written on: 30.05.2013 19:33
Walka Flocka
Posts: 16
SWEEET ! best lineup ever
Written on: 30.05.2013 19:44
Jackster
Posts: 61
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

DukeofDK wrote:

So, what do you think the setlist will be like?

Will we see a set with all the classics (Enter, Master, Fade, One, etc.) + maybe some new songs from their upcoming album? Or will it be an album-concert (like the Black Album last year, Ride the Lightning at Orion), or what would you imagine?


Classics + maybe a new song


Don't count with a new song. All setlist from 2013 are greatest hits. I was on Orion last year and it was awesomwe the experience of Black album and ride the lightning back to the front each day.

i just wish they play metal militia and dyers eve, but it doens't matter, it will be 18 killer songs.

This announcement has made my day. I started going to roskilde in 2004, and i've seen since 2006 Metallica have come each year to europe and never to roskilde. Fuck yes!!!!
Written on: 30.05.2013 20:05
Lord Beef Jerky
Posts: 1506
This will be my 7th Metallica-show. Even when they're bad live, they're pretty good.
Written on: 30.05.2013 21:32
Engelman
Posts: 28
Sweet nostalgia from 2003

http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/Live+At+Roskilde+On+P3+2003+06/6183293
Written on: 30.05.2013 23:19
Rock`N`Roll Dude...
Posts: 425
HELL FUCKING YEAH!!!!

What a line-up this yearicon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

I`m very suprised with Metallica...

The best poster in a long long timeicon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif
Written on: 31.05.2013 07:22
zoon_67
Posts: 39
RF shows its will to be big, this is a good thing. Dont depend on rihanna or kraftwerk to sell tickets. Wonder if this was forced by bad sales or and the Peace and Love disaster gave RF the shakes. Metal fans are the core of any real rock festival. But sunday evening might be not so well visits.
Written on: 31.05.2013 08:45
Coldblooded
Posts: 1228
zoon_67 wrote:

RF shows its will to be big, this is a good thing. Dont depend on rihanna or kraftwerk to sell tickets. Wonder if this was forced by bad sales or and the Peace and Love disaster gave RF the shakes. Metal fans are the core of any real rock festival. But sunday evening might be not so well visits.


I think you underestimate Kraftwerk and QOTSA who look to be the Sunday headliners. They sell boatloads of tickets on their own.
Written on: 31.05.2013 11:23
Christian Forslund
Posts: 341
zoon_67 wrote:

RF shows its will to be big, this is a good thing. Dont depend on rihanna or kraftwerk to sell tickets. Wonder if this was forced by bad sales or and the Peace and Love disaster gave RF the shakes. Metal fans are the core of any real rock festival. But sunday evening might be not so well visits.

I doubt the Metallica booking was forced by anything. RF has a fixed musicbudget (at around 40mio dkr), so they simply had money left book a big headliner, and when they got the opportunity to book Metallica it was a no-brainer. If they didn't hadn't got the chance to book Metallica, they would probably have booked another headliner like The Killers or something similar... probably not something as big as Metallica but still a solid a headliner.
But I would believe that RF got a Lars Ulrich-discount, just to be able to afford them.

I wouldn't say that metal fans are the core of any real rock festival, but Metallica has a broad appeal so both metal and rock people will be happy and even some people who don't like metal will watch Metallica, because they are huge.

You shouldn't underestimate Rihanna either, even if you don't like her, her announcement got as many likes as Metallica (and twice as many as anyboy else), and I'll predict the one-day tickets for her day will be sold out within a week after the schedule has been announced (she will not sell as many full festival tickets as Metallica though).

I agree with Coldblooded that sunday with Kraftwerk and Queens of The Stoneage looks better than a usual RF-sunday.

This year will definately be sold out now (it probably would even without Metallica, but now I'm willing to take bets on it icon_smile.gif )
Written on: 31.05.2013 13:54
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Roskilde is slowly but very surely regaining my faith in their ability to book a good lineup. This has to be one of the best surprises ever.

Just hope I can go!
Written on: 31.05.2013 14:54
Saturnus
Posts: 3047
Christian Forslund wrote:

But I would believe that RF got a Lars Ulrich-discount, just to be able to afford them.


Knowing the band it's more an Ulrich/Hetfield/Hammett discount really. The core trio have always loved spending time and playing in Denmark.
Written on: 31.05.2013 15:10
Fredde
Posts: 824
Saturnus wrote:

Christian Forslund wrote:

But I would believe that RF got a Lars Ulrich-discount, just to be able to afford them.


Knowing the band it's more an Ulrich/Hetfield/Hammett discount really. The core trio have always loved spending time and playing in Denmark.

Road trip!!!
I think this will be legendary. Take a break, leave the studio for a week, no touring stress, spend a few days in Copenhagen with family, sweat it out for 3hrs on Orange, leave for home with a smile on your face.
Written on: 31.05.2013 15:47
Wallu
Posts: 705
Fredde wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Christian Forslund wrote:

But I would believe that RF got a Lars Ulrich-discount, just to be able to afford them.


Knowing the band it's more an Ulrich/Hetfield/Hammett discount really. The core trio have always loved spending time and playing in Denmark.

Road trip!!!
I think this will be legendary. Take a break, leave the studio for a week, no touring stress, spend a few days in Copenhagen with family, sweat it out for 3hrs on Orange, leave for home with a smile on your face.


Oh, yes!!! Not long now...
Written on: 31.05.2013 15:55
Saturnus
Posts: 3047
Wallu wrote:

Fredde wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Christian Forslund wrote:

But I would believe that RF got a Lars Ulrich-discount, just to be able to afford them.


Knowing the band it's more an Ulrich/Hetfield/Hammett discount really. The core trio have always loved spending time and playing in Denmark.

Road trip!!!
I think this will be legendary. Take a break, leave the studio for a week, no touring stress, spend a few days in Copenhagen with family, sweat it out for 3hrs on Orange, leave for home with a smile on your face.


Oh, yes!!! Not long now...


I'm sure $1-2M in your wallet only sweetens the deal and makes it a no-brainer.
Written on: 31.05.2013 18:01
Fredde
Posts: 824
Saturnus wrote:

Wallu wrote:

Fredde wrote:

Saturnus wrote:

Christian Forslund wrote:

But I would believe that RF got a Lars Ulrich-discount, just to be able to afford them.


Knowing the band it's more an Ulrich/Hetfield/Hammett discount really. The core trio have always loved spending time and playing in Denmark.

Road trip!!!
I think this will be legendary. Take a break, leave the studio for a week, no touring stress, spend a few days in Copenhagen with family, sweat it out for 3hrs on Orange, leave for home with a smile on your face.


Oh, yes!!! Not long now...


I'm sure $1-2M in your wallet only sweetens the deal and makes it a no-brainer.

I can only go as far as myself, and when you see a deal that might get you extra $$$:s it's sweet at first glance. But in the end, if I love what I do, I give 110% regardless of the pay.


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…