D
    H
    M
    S
until Roskilde Festival 2015 - 27 June to 4 July

Roskilde Festival's discussion forum

In order for everyone to understand your posts, you are encouraged to write in English.

You must be logged in to post. Log in eller create a user profile.

Quick guide for the search
X


  • Wildcard-Search
    With the help of a so-called wildcard you can look for several search words, which have the same word beginning. If you search e.g. for "Typo*", the search will find everything that begins with "Typo" : Typo3, Typoscript, Typocode, Typo3user... etc.
  • Negative search
    If you do not want to find certain expressions in your search result, you can cause this with placing a hyphen in front. Terms containing this phrase are excluded from the search result.
  • Search for user
    It is possible to limit the search result on answers of certain users. In addition to the retrieval query attach still another "user:username" and find the results, which were written by this certain user. If the username could not be found this will be ignored.
Quick guide for Indexing
X
 Quick guide for the search
Topic with many replies

#RF14 - The Mixtape - OUT NOW!!!!!


Author Message
Written on: 03.05.2014 10:37
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Do you need suggestions for Deftones, Stevie Wonder, Manu Chao, Skambankt and Electric Wizard?
Written on: 05.05.2014 09:36
Niklas Birksted
Posts: 79
Danseband dude! wrote:

Do you need suggestions for Deftones, Stevie Wonder, Manu Chao, Skambankt and Electric Wizard?


I have ideas for all those bands, except for Electric Wizard, but input is still more than welcome icon_smile.gif And i'm not limiting it to any specific number of songs pr. band, i'd rather just go with the flow and hope for a pleasant listening experience icon_wink.gif

So far, i'm thinking Deftones - Drive (but i def need one more with a bit more guitar), Stevie - As, Manu Chao - Bongo Bong (but he's so cool, i'll def stick another Manu C in there) and finally i'm working on fitting Skambankt - Voodoo in there, but haven't succeeded yet.

Looking forward to your input icon_smile.gif

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 05.05.2014 at 11:02.]
Written on: 05.05.2014 12:01
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Niklas Birksted wrote:

Danseband dude! wrote:

Do you need suggestions for Deftones, Stevie Wonder, Manu Chao, Skambankt and Electric Wizard?


I have ideas for all those bands, except for Electric Wizard, but input is still more than welcome icon_smile.gif And i'm not limiting it to any specific number of songs pr. band, i'd rather just go with the flow and hope for a pleasant listening experience icon_wink.gif

So far, i'm thinking Deftones - Drive (but i def need one more with a bit more guitar), Stevie - As, Manu Chao - Bongo Bong (but he's so cool, i'll def stick another Manu C in there) and finally i'm working on fitting Skambankt - Voodoo in there, but haven't succeeded yet.

Looking forward to your input icon_smile.gif


Deftones: (did you mean 'Be Quiet and Drive Far Away?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv0rV0N3SrY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOzs1FehYOA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMPtIhAPnn4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F-kMVqLdf8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I2Aba-BYF8
and for something gitar driven, how about a wall of gitar? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc17L0847_Y

Manu Chao: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2v_XY-wsjs or live http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrNPnAbwQog (they released a live album with this version)

Skambankt: (I think you need something more 'in your face' than Voodoo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Dw9QAYR2o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVgtjM7h9is
(I think these two are easier mixed with other songs, and has more energy)

icon_cool.gif




[This article was edited 3 times, at last 05.05.2014 at 12:34.]
Written on: 07.05.2014 12:34
Niklas Birksted
Posts: 79
[quote="The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez"]
Niklas Birksted wrote:

Danseband dude! wrote:

Do you need suggestions for Deftones, Stevie Wonder, Manu Chao, Skambankt and Electric Wizard?


I have ideas for all those bands, except for Electric Wizard, but input is still more than welcome icon_smile.gif And i'm not limiting it to any specific number of songs pr. band, i'd rather just go with the flow and hope for a pleasant listening experience icon_wink.gif

So far, i'm thinking Deftones - Drive (but i def need one more with a bit more guitar), Stevie - As, Manu Chao - Bongo Bong (but he's so cool, i'll def stick another Manu C in there) and finally i'm working on fitting Skambankt - Voodoo in there, but haven't succeeded yet.

Looking forward to your input icon_smile.gif


Deftones: (did you mean 'Be Quiet and Drive Far Away?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv0rV0N3SrY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOzs1FehYOA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMPtIhAPnn4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F-kMVqLdf8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I2Aba-BYF8
and for something gitar driven, how about a wall of gitar? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc17L0847_Y

Manu Chao: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2v_XY-wsjs or live http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrNPnAbwQog (they released a live album with this version)

Skambankt: (I think you need something more 'in your face' than Voodoo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Dw9QAYR2o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVgtjM7h9is
(I think these two are easier mixed with other songs, and has more energy)


Nope, i meant Drive icon_razz.gif It's a cover of the old The Cars track, pretty damn awesome, if you ask me. But one of the other tracks gave me an idea, so i'm working with that, as we speak. So far, it sounds pretty good icon_smile.gif And the mentioned Manu-song, is already in there as well.

And thanx for the Skambankt ideas, you're right, they're better than Voodoo

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 08.05.2014 at 16:24.]
Written on: 07.05.2014 12:47
TMaagaard
Posts: 380
William Onyeabor's "Atomic Bomb", "Good Name" and "Something You Will Never Forget".
Written on: 08.05.2014 17:44
The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez
Posts: 2506
Niklas Birksted wrote:

[quote="The Rehabilitation of Luis Suarez"]
Niklas Birksted wrote:

Danseband dude! wrote:

Do you need suggestions for Deftones, Stevie Wonder, Manu Chao, Skambankt and Electric Wizard?


I have ideas for all those bands, except for Electric Wizard, but input is still more than welcome icon_smile.gif And i'm not limiting it to any specific number of songs pr. band, i'd rather just go with the flow and hope for a pleasant listening experience icon_wink.gif

So far, i'm thinking Deftones - Drive (but i def need one more with a bit more guitar), Stevie - As, Manu Chao - Bongo Bong (but he's so cool, i'll def stick another Manu C in there) and finally i'm working on fitting Skambankt - Voodoo in there, but haven't succeeded yet.

Looking forward to your input icon_smile.gif


Deftones: (did you mean 'Be Quiet and Drive Far Away?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv0rV0N3SrY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOzs1FehYOA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMPtIhAPnn4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F-kMVqLdf8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I2Aba-BYF8
and for something gitar driven, how about a wall of gitar? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc17L0847_Y

Manu Chao: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2v_XY-wsjs or live http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrNPnAbwQog (they released a live album with this version)

Skambankt: (I think you need something more 'in your face' than Voodoo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Dw9QAYR2o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVgtjM7h9is
(I think these two are easier mixed with other songs, and has more energy)


Nope, i meant Drive icon_razz.gif It's a cover of the old The Cars track, pretty damn awesome, if you ask me. But one of the other tracks gave me an idea, so i'm working with that, as we speak. So far, it sounds pretty good icon_smile.gif And the mentioned Manu-song, is already in there as well.

And thanx for the Skambankt ideas, you're right, they're better than Voodoo


Cool bro icon_smile.gif Looking forward to the result
Written on: 20.05.2014 01:40
Niklas Birksted
Posts: 79
Ahhh, almost done! 10 various bits have been made, and right now, i'm working on placing and combining these chapters in the right order. There's gonna be around 70 tracks, running for 2 hours. There will be almost equally many pop, rock, indie, hiphop and alternative songs (alt is world, the reggae, the odd stuff and all). There's also gonna be a bit more electronic, than any other genre, but a lot of it, will just be used as background, so eventho there are some ravy parts, don't expect 2 hours of bangers. It's gonna be a guide through a big part of the lineup.

My fave part so far, includes Seeed, Damon Albarn (it's a Blur song), some Trentemøller, some Rob Zombie, some Omar Souleyman and some Major Lazer, all mixed together. I really hope you guys will like it, it's been so much fun doing it!

It's gonna be out the 1st of June!
Written on: 20.05.2014 15:53
Norskov
Posts: 11
Niklas Birksted wrote:

Ahhh, almost done! 10 various bits have been made, and right now, i'm working on placing and combining these chapters in the right order. There's gonna be around 70 tracks, running for 2 hours. There will be almost equally many pop, rock, indie, hiphop and alternative songs (alt is world, the reggae, the odd stuff and all). There's also gonna be a bit more electronic, than any other genre, but a lot of it, will just be used as background, so eventho there are some ravy parts, don't expect 2 hours of bangers. It's gonna be a guide through a big part of the lineup.

My fave part so far, includes Seeed, Damon Albarn (it's a Blur song), some Trentemøller, some Rob Zombie, some Omar Souleyman and some Major Lazer, all mixed together. I really hope you guys will like it, it's been so much fun doing it!

It's gonna be out the 1st of June!


Great news, looking forward to it. Really enjoyed your mix last year.

[This article was edited 1 times, at last 20.05.2014 at 15:54.]
Written on: 23.05.2014 22:21
Niklas Birksted
Posts: 79
Norskov wrote:

Niklas Birksted wrote:

Ahhh, almost done! 10 various bits have been made, and right now, i'm working on placing and combining these chapters in the right order. There's gonna be around 70 tracks, running for 2 hours. There will be almost equally many pop, rock, indie, hiphop and alternative songs (alt is world, the reggae, the odd stuff and all). There's also gonna be a bit more electronic, than any other genre, but a lot of it, will just be used as background, so eventho there are some ravy parts, don't expect 2 hours of bangers. It's gonna be a guide through a big part of the lineup.

My fave part so far, includes Seeed, Damon Albarn (it's a Blur song), some Trentemøller, some Rob Zombie, some Omar Souleyman and some Major Lazer, all mixed together. I really hope you guys will like it, it's been so much fun doing it!

It's gonna be out the 1st of June!


Great news, looking forward to it. Really enjoyed your mix last year.


Thanx man, you have no idea how much that means to me!
Written on: 02.06.2014 15:27
Niklas Birksted
Posts: 79
Hey everyone. Mixtape will be out as soon as it's uploaded to Soundcloud. Will be on youtube later as well. Here's the tracklist. It features 90 different tracks, tracks in english, german, norwegian, portuguese, danish, french, spanish, nigerian, arabic. Hope you'll like it!

Pushing Over The Fence
1.1 Mø + Diplo - XXX 88
1.2 Seeed - Dancehall Caballeros
1.3 Major Lazer ft. Mr. Lexx & Santigold - Hold The Line
2.1 Skambankt - Siste Stikk
3.1 Dilated Peoples - You Can't Hide, You Can't Run (DJ Right Hand Left Remix)
4.1 Major Lazer ft. Shaggy - Keep Cool (So Shifty Dub)
4.2 Major Lazer ft. Shaggy - Keep Cool
5.1 Mø + Diplo - XXX 88
6.1 OutKast - Ms. Jackson
7.1 Kasabian - Underdog
8.1 Emicida - Triunfo (Instrumental)
8.2 OutKast - Ms Jackson (A Capella)
8.3 Emicida - Triunfo
8.4 DJ Cheeba, DJ Food, DJ Moneyshot - Caught In A 3 Way Mix - Shake Your Rump
9.1 Stevie Wonder - Superstition
10.1 Icona Pop - Nights Like This

Wall Of Death
1.1 Connan Mockasin - Caramel
2.1 Bombus - Apparatus
3.1 Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm
4.1 Sivas - DAUDA
5.1 Sleigh Bells - Demons
5.2 Sleigh Bells - Demons (Diplo Remix)
6.1 Tokimonsta - Let It Go
7.1 Deftones - Drive
8.1 Deerhunter - Helicopter
8.2 Deerhunter - Helicopter (Diplo & Lunice Remix)

Camplife
1.1 Pandreas - Rås
1.2 Haim - Falling
2.1 Haim - Falling (Duke Dumont Remix)
3.1 Gorillaz - Melancholy Hill
3.2 Moderat - Sick With It
4.1 Damon Albarn - The History Of A Cheating Heart
4.2 Manu Chao - El Viento

Friends You Never Met
1.1 Ra - Bloodlines
2.1 Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil (Fatboy Slim Edit)
3.1 Lykke Li (I Never Learn)
4.1 Karl William - Kostumeramt
4.2 Trentemøller - Moan (Evil Dub)
5.1 Trentemøller - Moan ft Ane Trolle (Trentemøller Remix)
6.1 Classixx ft. Jeppe - I'll Get You (Douster Remix)
7.1 A$AP Ferg - Shabba
7.2 A$AP Ferg - Work (Remix)
8.1 Systema Solar - La Rana
8.2 Les Claypool's Duo De Twang - Stayin Alive

Random Nights
1.1 Bastille - Of The Night
2.1 Ibibio Sounds Machine - Let's Dance (Yak Inek Unek)
3.1 Rob Zombie - Dragula
3.2 Rob Zombie - Dragula (Hot Rod Herman Remix)
3.3 Trentemøller - Miss You
4.1 Major Lazer - Pon De Floot (Blenda Sound Remix)
4.2 Major Lazer vs Blur - Pon De Floor vs Song 2 (Wasted Beats Mashup)
4.3 Omar Souleyman - Wenu Wenu
5.1 Blur - Song 2
5.2 Trentemøller - Killer Kat
6.1 Seeed - Papa Noah

Be My Baby
1.1 Drake - All Me
2.1 Banks - This Is What It Feels Like
3.1 Chromeo - Sexy Socialite (Boyz Noise Remix)
4.1 RL Grime - Tell Me
5.1 Psyched Up Janis - Be My Baby

The Rave Before The Storm
1.1 Eprom - Beats Of Babylon
1.2 Helhorse - Fuck Art, Let's Kill
1.3 The Future Of The Left - Singing Of The Bonesaws
2.1 Dengue Dengue Dengue - Chacalom (Sin Bolsa Remix)
2.2 Omar Souleyman - Warni Warni
2.3 OutKast - So Fresh, So Clean
2.4 Worlds Fair - 96 Knicks
3.1 Manu Chao - Bongo Bong
4.1 Bottled In England - Bombs
5.1 Trentemøller - Silver Surfer, Ghost Rider, Go
5.2 Chance The Rapper - Juice
5.3 Rob Zombie - Dead Girl Superstar
5.4 Major Lazer ft. Mr. Lexx & Santigold - Hold The Line
6.1 Klumben - Nat På Nørrebro (Okay Funky Remix)
7.1 The Horrors - Still Life
8.1 Pusha T ft. Chris Brown - Sweet Serenade

Make The World Orange
1.1 Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter (DJ Tripp Edit)
1.2 Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter (Zeds Dead Remix)
2.1 Deftones - Pink Maggit (Back To School)
3.1 Stevie Wonder - Overjoyed
4.1 Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know
5.1 Chance The Rapper ft. Vic Mensa & Sulaiman - Family
6.1 Earl Sweatshirt - Pre
6.2 Kavinsky - Nightcall
7.1 Lykke Li ft. A$AP Rocky - No Love For The Wicked
8.1 Drake - Hold On We're Going Home
9.1 Major Lazer ft. Amber - Get Free
9.2 Major Lazer ft. Amber - Get Free (Andy C Remix)
10.1 Manu Chao - Me Gustas Tu (Moshi Boot Remix)
11.1 Bastille ft. Ella - No Scrubs


E-mail
Password
Remember me
Copyright belongs to Roskilde Festival
Information can be used in private and non-commercial matters, only.
This site uses cookies.
Read more about it…